Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,765
    Options

Karen! I am so glad you came back! I'm sorry to hear that you had to stop your MM tx early. Thank goodness the bulge in your groin area is only a cyst. Stable in all areas is really good news. How wonderful that you have been able to travel. And how wonderful to see your granddaughter! And your dd in Israel! And Happy Anniversary a couple of days late. 46 years! Here's to a fantastic school year for you and hoping it's the best one yet. Please continue to come back. I miss you!

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 855
    edited September 2023
    Options

Loving the WWW and all of those sweatshirts! Still in the 90's here, but hopefully will start to have a weather break to the 80's and then some 70's over the next ten days…I am over with summer weather. I want to be able to sit on the patio and not feel like the patio surface is reflecting the 100 degree midday heat index!

So glad to hear from you Karen, thank you for taking the time/effort to update us. So happy you got to Toronto to see your grand (2x) and also to Israel to see your daughter, Fantastic! Here's to a good school year for you!

Re school, I served as department head 20-21 and yesterday was asked to serve as head again starting in January 2025…I shook my head yes, but inside I'm like…will I even be here then??? Our culture is to NOT disclose potential leave/retirement until the decision has been made, but I have some serious decisions to make as Jan 2025 is really not that far off in "school" years…maybe sort of like "dog" years.😉

• wonderland
    edited September 2023
    Options

TT: Congratulations on being asked to be department head starting in 2025. Sounds like they don't want you to leave! Good luck with your decision. It's never easy.

I also am tired of the heat, humidity, oppressive due point. Have not been as active bc of it and staying inside more. I did attend a meeting tonight, though.

I used some inside time to make 6 oyster shell angel ornaments. Here are pictures of the largest one and the smallest one. The other 4 sizes are in between these. The charm on the large one is the Oak Island Lighthouse.

Edited to add: Disregard my raggedy thumb nail. I keep them short but that one got out of hand. lol

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,027
    Options

Those are beautiful, Wonderland!

TT, good luck with your retirement decision. I mulled on it for several years before I pulled the trigger.

We are having refreshing cool weather. Yesterday I finished dusting every single corner of my house & went to Dance2fit & Yoga. I am going to coffee with a friend today, dropping off a couple boxes of donations to Goodwill, take a dog walk & clean the kitchen appliances.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,519
    Options

Stocking up the freezer and baked this afternoon - 2 cakes (honey in a bundt pan, nut cake in loaf pan - my grandmother's recipe and mandel bread cookies. DD#2 arrives late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. Rosh Hashannah starts Friday night then a month of holidays. DH and I eat sweets but not a lot. A bundt cake will last us over a month. I cut it in 5 pieces, wrap each in plastic wrap and put in zipper bag. I used to bake weekly and I miss baking but we just don't eat enough. I used to bring my mother cookies and mailed my MIL cookies. I miss being able to do that for them. Tonight and tomorrow is my MIL 4th yarzheit.

I have a few boxes of clothes and other misc stuff to donate. I take most things to a non profit that gives their clients clothes and house hold goods. It's sitting in my dining room. I won't have the time to take the stuff till after the holidays end mid October. Too lazy to cart it back downstairs to son's old bedroom.

Have a good week-end.

• ruthbru
    Options

I always get hungry when I read your posts, Karen!

Yoga followed by a nice Dog Walk followed by walking to a football game and home again (1 mile total). Fall has arrived here!

• ruthbru
    Options

I will walk today & go to Yoga in the park.

• ruthbru
    Options

More Dog Walking. I will go to Pound tonight.

• ruthbru
    Options

Zumba & Yoga

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: Enjoy every minute with your dd!

Ruth: You and Bruno look fabulous!

Walked with dd yesterday. It's been quite awhile since she and I walked together. Planned to do it again this evening but it rained. Actually, it poured!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2023
    Options

Here's the Wednesday Walking Women (eating after our walk).

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 855
    edited September 2023
    Options

Some of the WWW look so happy it makes me wonder if that orange juice is actually a mimosa…😀

Approaching the end of my school week, no classes on Friday, so Thursday is the big push. Will go to the gym tonight, did Tai Chi yesterday.

Husband has been in Seattle all week…always have big plans of afterschool chores around the house on weeks he is gone…and then it's Thursday and…nothing! Oh well.

Happy mid-Sept, we are finally out of the 90's and the 10 day forecase is all low 80's and 70's, woohoo. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

TT, the orange juice was actually a mimosa! One of ladies turned 75 on Wednesday and she provided the refreshments! 🤪

We took a very long walk this morning due to the fact that the carpet cleaner was here doing his thing. I am off to Dance2fit & Yoga in a few minutes. It is beautiful here at the moment!

• wonderland
    edited September 2023
    Options

TT: Lol about Thursday coming around and your chores are still undone. Happens to me all the time.

Ruth: Always love your WWW pictures. So many women now. Your pictures are so pretty!

Mowed today for 90 minutes. I'm camping at my favorite Girl Scout camp for the weekend starting tomorrow evening. It's a weekend just for adults. I signed up for boating, a needle felting class, NC Stream Watch program, and lots of free time for relaxing and walking. Like TT said, the weather has changed for the good and it will be perfect for camping (I'll either be in a platform tent or a cabin). So looking forward to it!

Ruth: 2 more weeks until the wedding!

• karen1956
    Options

Got my labs from earlier this week - some numbers are way out of range - waiting to see what nephrologist says on Wednesday. My Creatinine and EGFR and always up and down a bit, but more or less stable. My ratio is sky high - and not sure what that means. My Calcium continues to rise a little each month (not good). Going to send a copy of the labs to my Hematologist and Endocrinologist.

All my baking is done - finished it Sunday and Monday night. I have several small sweet round challah and challah rolls and I made a new recipe, Apple challah. Saving it for lunch tomorrow as my son will be joining us for a late lunch after synagogue. So today I need to cook the turkey breasts, gefilte fish and all the sides. My husband smoked turkey necks and wings for tonight and I will grill a small turkey breast. Menu includes gefilte fish, sweet potatoes, delicata squash, spicy carrots (trying new recipe) turkey breast and smoked turkey necks and wings. For dessert I have my grandmother's nut cake and a wonderful honey cake. Tomorrow lunch we have gefilte fish, brisket, potato kugel, green beans and spaghetti squash. Sunday lunch after synagogue salmon, rice, salad. Tomorrow night a light dinner - potato leek soup and challah. Of course challah and apples dipped in challah tonight and tomorrow lunch.

Wonder - have a fun weekend!

Ruth - wow, 2 weeks till the wedding!

I will be offline starting dinner time tonight through Sunday night for Rosh Hashana.

For everyone that celebrates, Shana Tova.

• ruthbru
    Options

Hope they can get your labs figured out, Karen. If your spicy carrots turn out, please share the recipe!

Wonderland, your weekend sounds very fun!

We'll do another dog walk today. We need to touch base with The Happy Couple to find out where we are supposed to be and when! I finally know my extended family's plans so can start planning food for when they are here. Carpet was cleaned yesterday, windows will be cleaned next Tuesday, we need to clean the garage, buy groceries etc. I have a haircut & color next week and need to make sure DH gets a haircut too. Hopefully nice weather will last and the leaves don't all fall off the trees before the 30th!

• ruthbru
    Options

Took a long walk (fun), cleaned the garage (not fun, but I did find the cover of a butter dish that had been missing for several years!).

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: Goodness, I really hope your labs get figured out.

Ruth: Always rewarding to find something you have lost. Especially after several years.

I had a fantastic weekend at Girl Scout camp. Walked many miles in the woods going back and forth from cabin to dining hall to many other locations. So peaceful. And it's inspiring to be around women who are willing to spend hours of their own time learning and getting trained so that they can volunteer to work with girls to help them become amazing women!

• ruthbru
    Options

Sounds like a great time, Wonderland, both to be in nature and with like-minded women.

More dog walking and the last yoga in the park of the season (it's getting dark and cool earlier)

• karen1956
    Options

We had a nice Rosh Hashana. My son came for lunch on Saturday so I had two of my 3 kids together. I was exhausted Friday when I was done cooking and I really didn't do that much (well for at least). I just don't have the stamina that I had before chemo and I've been done for 4 months. DD#2 left this morning for DD#1 and to meet her niece. DD#2 is doing all the grocery shopping and cooking while she is there. DD#1 gets spoiled by her parents and sister.

My Nephrologist appointment for Wednesday was cancelled - he had a death in the family - The first available is October 31st. So 6 weeks till I get the news on my test results. DD#2 is friends with his daughter's and said one of their dogs just died - talk about awful. Talking to my DD#2 now and we had that the month my MIL passed away we had to put our dog down - and my daughter goes - that was a horrible summer!!! Yes it was. DD#2 is amazing - so much fun and perceptive.

I'm still tired today. I have a ton of paperwork to complete for my intermittent FMLA. I guess I best do it tonight. I'm leaving work 2 hours early - since the start of the school year, but at first it wasn't approved so I just took the 2 hours daily - I think that was easier. Oh well.

Nice weather this week.Low 80s for the high and mostly sunny and mid to high 50s at night.

Ruth - are you counting the days to the wedding?

• ruthbru
    Options

Sounds like a fun family time, Karen. Hopefully you have lots of leftovers so you don't have to cook for awhile! Blah on the paperwork (which I remember so well). And it is frustrating to have appointments pushed back even if there is a very good reason.

Yes, it is crunch time for the wedding. I took a big piece of tag board & have been writing down all the things I need to do every day. Now that I know who from my family is coming & how long they're staying, I've been able to put together menus. Today I shopped for some of the non-perishables, extra toilet paper, garbage bags etc. Tomorrow we are getting the windows professionally cleaned (which we have never done before, but really, we should not be climbing up ladders & hanging out of windows anymore!). I did go to Zumba this morning & took a dog walk this afternoon.

• ruthbru
    Options

DH & I got our pre-wedding haircuts this morning & took the dog for a walk while all my windows were being cleaned (they look FABULOUS!). Zumba & Yoga tonight.

• wonderland
    edited September 2023
    Options

Karen: That's great that your dd#1 gets to meet her niece! Such a wonderful gift to do all the grocery shopping and cooking while she is there. Gosh, how frustrating that you have to wait so long for your lab results.

Ruth: Having your windows professionally cleaned is a fantastic idea.

I walked this afternoon. Slowing getting cooler during the days. This week is my county's Agricultural Fair. It's a small fair but so much fun bc it's agriculturally based - competition with animals, flowers, vegetables, arts and crafts, etc. I've only entered a craft and a flower arrangement one time and that was 6 years ago. This year I decided to enter my okra, and 2 crafts. Small Town Fun!

My okra was in competition with 5 other entries. I got the Blue Ribbon! We have been eating and freezing a lot of okra bc the plants have been abundant.

I entered my turtle oyster shell wall hanging I made for my friend (I don't remember if I posted a picture of it.) It was entered in the Senior Citizens category (65 and up). Got a Blue Ribbon for it! I looked at the other entries and every single one got a ribbon. That really made my laugh. Most were Blue. I also entered the oyster shell angel I posted a picture of earlier - got a Red Ribbon.

• ruthbru
    Options

Wow, that is very cool, Wonderland. Congratulations!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2023
    Options

Here's the Wednesday Walking Women picture. It's our high school's Homecoming this week and you can probably guess the the school colors from the picture!

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: Looks cold! Hope you win.

Walked this morning and this afternoon. We had some of my award winning okra for dinner tonight. 😋

Here is another picture from the fair. The front ride is called The Zipper. I took a video of it and all you can hear are people screaming. That would be me if I was forced to ride it or someone offered me a million dollars to ride it. Rides and Wonderland don't fit well together anymore. 😂

• ruthbru
    edited September 2023
    Options

I'd ride it (and keep my eyes shut the whole time) for a million dollars! 😁

I went out for a long coffee with an old friend visiting from Arizona this morning. I'll go to Dance2fit & Yoga tonight. It's been raining all day, which is a good thing. It has been very dry & the trees need some moisture before they shut down for the winter

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: I'm sure you're happy for the rain. We will be affected by a Tropical Depression on Saturday. Not in the direct path (hopefully it goes further out to sea). Thinking of you TT.

Walked this morning. I started pumpkin painting today. Here are 2 of them.

• ruthbru
    Options

Cute!!!

• karen1956
    Options

Wonder you are so talented!

Ruth - hows the count down to the wedding going?