Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,958
    Options

I went to HIT this morning & Dance2fit tonight. I made a nice dinner for a sick friend and did some paperwork. I HAVE to clean the house tomorrow!!

• ruthbru
    Options

I cleaned the house & went for a fun Dog Walk. Bruno got his first run on the beach and swim of the season!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,755
    Options

Bruno looks so happy!

Windy, cool day. Mowed for 45 minutes then met a friend for a walk. Dh finished mowing the yard. It's so windy that any sweat dried up quickly.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    edited April 14
    Options

That water looks cold!

DH left on a 6:30am flight yesterday so we were up at 3:30am…got a nap yesterday morning after he left, but I was still up before 6am today, Sunday, ugh!

We are having a string of beautiful days in VA, mainly 60s-70s, but will hit 80 on Monday.

For the next month I will have PT on T/Th to help with my back injury…and do gentle yoga, tai chi and walking the others.

Only 3 more weeks of classes in the spring semester…can't wait for mid-May graduation!

Happy new week, TT

• ruthbru
    Options

We we've had several lovely days of about 70. Next week is supposed to be rainy and colder. We do need rain, so I guess that's okay. And cooler is better to ward off the spring fever if you are a teacher!

I went to Yoga yesterday morning & we babysat the grandpuppies the rest of the day while DS & DIL visited her family. I'm off to the Pound/Barre class as soon as I post this.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

25 minutes this morning on the exercise bike and then did both hubby’s and my laundry!

• ruthbru
    Options

Zumba & HIT

• wonderland
    Options

Walked early afternoon. Then worked in the clothing closest. The clothes just keep coming and coming……. Some really stained, torn clothes to expensive brand clothes with tags still on it.

• trmtab
    Options

Well, we hit 90 today and now have a severe T-storm watch until 10pm

Went to yoga today and do PT tomorrow…and hopefully get my mom to her Dr appt — she has cancelled/reschedule two times already!

• ruthbru
    Options

Hope your mom finally got to her appointment, TT.

We had thunderstorms last night & rain today (which we really need). Went to Barre & Dance2fit tonight.

• wonderland
    Options

TT: Hope your mom decided to keep this appointment. It's hot here also. Not 90 degrees but close. Looks like next week it will cool back down.

Ruth: Glad you had rain. Hope the storms were't too bad.

Karen: Thinking of you.

Walked this afternoon. Haven't been very productive today.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Worked out again and did a few things around the house.

• ruthbru
    Options

The rainy day brought the Wednesday Walking Women indoors.

• trmtab
    Options

thanks everyone, yeah I did get mom to her Dr appt…what was supposed to be a three week follow up, was rescheduled to make it a 5 week follow up and then rescheduled again for a 7 week follow up! We are supposed to go back in two weeks, keeping my fingers crossed.

Went to Tai Chi at lunchtime, back to the 70's. TT

• wonderland
    Options

m0mmy: I'm having the same kind of day that you are - some exercise and putting around the house.

Ruth: Always a fun WWW picture!

TT: Glad you mom went to this appointment and hopefully she won't stretch her next one out.

Walked this afternoon. Hot yet breezy.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Well I did get a pleasant shock when I stepped on my scale. I have lost 3 pounds!

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to HIT this morning. Dance2fit & Yoga tonight.

• trmtab
    Options

PT yesterday, Yoga today.

DH home today after a week in FL at a conference…said he caught a respiratory infection, uck! He had COVID in late February, I'll have him test when he gets home…hopefully just travel sick, flights coming and going were at 6am which means a 3am wake up…we are getting too old for that kind of work travel!

Happy weekend ahead, lots of Earth Day celebrations here. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

I hate those super-early flights!

Today was my day off from exercise, but I've been running around doing a bunch of errands so have been busy anyway. We are going to a college men's volleyball game tonight. It's the playoffs so should be extra fun.

• wonderland
    Options

m0mmy: WTG on losing 3 pounds!

TT: Hope your dh's respiratory infection doesn't get shared with you.

Ruth: Hope the volleyball team wins.

Walked yesterday and today met a friend for our (almost) weekly walk and talk.

• ruthbru
    Options

The volleyball team did win, and won again this afternoon; so have qualified for the National Tournament!

I went to Yoga this morning & did some inside walking. It was a very brisk, windy day!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Yup, we had snow Friday night into Saturday. The trees looked really pretty. The snow was on the grass and trees but not on the streets. After cold, damp weather in the 30s yesterday it will be 63 today. The next two weeks it will be in the 60s and 70s. Wednesday will be 78!!! DD#2's girl friend from NY years ago said the weather in Denver is bi-polar! 😂

DD#1 and GD are on their way! My DH will pick them up at the airport while I work in the kitchen and start cooking for Passover. GD is now 11 months - the time is going by so quickly.

• ruthbru
    edited April 21
    Options

Enjoy your baby time, Karen! Glad they will get in on some nice weather!

• trmtab
    edited April 21
    Options

Well DH got home on Friday early while I was at school…he is still quite sick, I'm sleeping in the family room on the pull out sofa…and so far have avoided getting sick.

DH met me at the grocery store on Friday after my yoga class to buy fish…our usual routine…however he had the devastating news that his older brother had died 2 hrs before. Dh's older brother was on a church sponsored Habitat for Humanity trip, building a house in a rural NC mountain area.  He needed his inhaler (pollen bloom I guess), but someone had moved his backpack…and it couldn’t be found.  He went into distress, they did CPR and he regained consciousness, but was lost at the hospital.

He was “the best one of the bunch”… we are heartbroken.

Keep us in your prayers, our 47 y.o. nephew is making the arrangements for his father, I'm not used to being out of the center of planning things in our family, so just waiting to find out more is another kind of torture.

To a better week ahead. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

I am so, so sorry, TT! 💓💓

• wonderland
    Options

TT: I am sorry about your bil. This is so sad. May your dh improve so he can grieve with you and the family.

• ruthbru
    Options

TT, hope your DH is feeling better. Did his brother live near you? Has his son made the arrangements yet? Thinking of you all during this hard, sad time. 💓

I went to Barre/Pound yesterday. Zumba this morning & will do HIT tonight. Bruno has developed a limp (it's been going on for awhile….he's fine when we just take short walks, but as soon as he goes on a long run or plays rough with his friends (which he loves), the limp some back. We went to the vet today & have xrays scheduled for Thursday. If that doesn't show anything, he will need a CT scan to look at tendons/ligaments. Darn!!

• trmtab
    Options

Thanks everyone, and Happy Passover Karen - hope you had a wonderful first night seder with DD, GD and SiL.

My DH is still SICK! I'm still on the family room pull out, no fever but a cough from he!!…red face, can't breath cough, ugh.

Ruth on the close or not…We are in (lovely) Williamsburg, VA …brother is in far side of Charlotte NC…approx 5.5 hrs away. My DH and family grew up in Wilmington, NC (SE coastal NC) and until 10 years ago BIL lived in Wilmington and we saw each other a lot! Now we see each other typically once a year at the family beach cottage in October for a week.

Services are set for Sunday, my DH will be speaking for the generation of brothers and sisters…so he needs to get his cough over so he can speak at the services. DH is the youngest of five and BIL who died is his oldest brother, 10 years older. Old enough that he was the older brother who taught you how to drive, gave you a beer at 16, let you feel like an adult as a kid. DH has another older brother who was just a couple of years older and was a bully until DH grew big enough to push him back…oh how crazy to have these descriptions when the folks in question are 63 - 73 years old!

Thanks to all who are sending us good thoughts, we are still crying every day.

Oh, got to gym Sunday and today…go to PT tomorrow.

Goodnight friends, TT

• ruthbru
    Options

TT, I think you should get your DH to the doctor! Someone I know here ended up with bronchitis & needed lots of different treatments to kick it (an inhaler, prednisone, a nebulizer, antibiotics & I don't know what else. She still doesn't feel great….

I know your part of the country. My sister & family live in & near Charlotte. My nephew went to college at Wilmington & we usually go to the Blockade Runner there for our annual Girls Beach Vacation.

It is so hard to lose those irreplaceable people; the ones who are a big part of you being you, and share all those precious memories.

Karen, Happy Passover! I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family!

• wonderland
    edited April 23
    Options

TT: Your dh must be miserable. I really hope he has been or will be going to see a doctor. His grief could be compounding his sickness. Sending you a warm HUG.

Ruth: Sorry to hear about Bruno's limp. Hope the x-rays show what's going on.

Karen: Have a fabulous visit with your dd and granddaughter!

This weekend dh, dd, and I visited ds and his gf. Her mother and 2 aunts were visiting. We had a short yet very pleasant visit and it was so nice to meet them. Ds's gf is a dancer and she was in the dance at the NC Museum of Art. The dance was outside. We were sitting at the lower part of a hill and the 4 dancers started on the other side of the hill and danced all the way down it. It was crazy cool to see it.

Worked in the clothes closet this afternoon and walked afterwards.