Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,510
    Options

Gorgeous day today - sunny and warm in the afternoon. Will be like this the rest of the week.

Started my new assignment today. No kids as it was professional development and work day. Nice to slowly get acclimated. Everybody was so welcoming. My only complaint is the hours - 8 - 4pm and its' at least half hour from my house. It took me over 35 minutes to get home and I left at 3:30 today. By the time I get home, it will be a quick walk then time to make dinner. So far this year, my longest commute was 15 minutes without much traffic and either 7-3 or 7:30 -3:30.

Have a great evening.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,986
    edited April 3
    Options

Facebook tells me it's National Take a Walk Day, so I hope you are all celebrating with a walk!

Here's the big Wednesday Walking group....half walked outside & half walked inside; breakfast was where we all met up!

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    edited April 3
    Options

On the subject of colonoscopies, I had my first one 18 months ago and they found one large polyp next to a small one, so I was told to come back in 3 years, so a year from December I get to go through it all over again.😖

My neighbor had had a clear colonoscopy but was told she had diverticulitis. Was told to come back in 10 years. Six months later she had to go to the ER for severe pains in her gut. She had an issue with the diverticulitis, but then they found cancer. She has an ileostomy bag now. You can never be too sure with this either. The issue with her diverticulitis was a blessing in disguise.

I have three granddogs. Two girls and a boy. That might be it for me!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,759
    edited April 3
    Options

Karen: Yes, this will be my first grandchild. They are so happy, I am so happy, and it makes me happy to see them so happy! Glad your first day at your school went well for you.

Ruth: You had a big WWW group today!

homemom: Goodness, your neighbor was lucky. Glad you found out about your polyps.

Walked yesterday. Today it's too windy and gusty for me to walk outside. I walk in an area with trees and I don't want any big limbs knocking me out! Dh and went to the grocery store and I walked in the house when we got home.

• wonderland
    Options

Yesterday it was in the lower 80s and windy. Today it's in the 50s and windy. I'm not ready for hot weather so thankful for the cool temperatures.

Walked this afternoon. The gusts weren't as bad today but it's still windy.

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to HIT in the morning and Dance2fit in the evening with a dog walk in between. I am going to try a new class this morning.....stay tuned.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

Went to the gym this morning and did the usual elliptical and the back machine.

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: How was your new class?

homemom: Not sure what the back machine is. I have visions of a machine that stretches out your back to make it feel great.

I spread 45 bales of pine needles in the yard today. I will be very sore tomorrow and have a hard time moving lol.

• ruthbru
    Options

The class had two 30 minute parts; RIZE (which turned out to be a lot of exercises with a step), and MIND (which was stretching). I didn't really like the class..... I had to modify too much of the step part & would rather be at yoga if I'm stretching. Iwill probably only go again if I've missed too many other classes during the week!

• wonderland
    Options

Years ago I took step classes. One day a fireman was in the class. It was a hard class and I had already started to slow down during the routine. The teacher just kept going strong. The fireman was dripping sweat that got on his step and he slid and fell. But being a fireman, he tucked and rolled then jumped right back up. This teacher didn't even slow down after that. She just didn't get it that enough is enough.

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to a much 'more my style' Yoga class this morning.

• wonderland
    Options

Gorgeous day. 60 degrees, full sun. I sat outside for several hours reading a book. My legs are sore from spreading pine needles yesterday so had to stretch stretch stretch. What I really need is more flexibility.

Walked this afternoon.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Did a 25 minute work out on my exercise bike and took down my Easter decorations. Doing laundry at the moment.

• ruthbru
    Options

Thanks for the reminder! I need to go downstairs and put some laundry in the dryer! I will go to the Pound/Barre class this afternoon.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Finished my laundry for the day with my washing my dog Nugget’s blankets

• wonderland
    Options

I need to get the clothes out of the dryer, fold, and put them away. They've been there since yesterday.

Beautiful weather again today. Sat outside and finished reading my book. Watched most of the Women's Basketball Championship game. These women are amazing and I love that they are more popular than the men.

Walked early this afternoon.

• ruthbru
    Options

I watched the basketball tournament too. What a thrill to see the excellence of play, the teamwork & sportsmanship of the girls (and two women coaches!). I actually had tears in my eyes at the end of the game (and would have been happy no matter which team had won).

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 851
    Options

The B-ball has been fabulous! My DH went to NC State which had both men and women in the final four, so we have been watching it all!

Just got into my office from viewing the 85% eclipse…still a wonderful site.

Went to gym at lunch…today is the start of 4 weeks of classes to the end (of course then finals)…TT

• wonderland
    Options

TT: I was pulling for State. What an amazing run for both teams.

The eclipse was 85% here also. Dh and I sat outside and really didn't notice much difference. I used the old fashion way of looking at it by punching a small hole into a piece of paper and letting the sun filter through it onto another piece of paper.

Our church has a clothing closet for anyone who needs clothes. It's many rooms packed (on racks and very orderly) with clothes. I decided I would start volunteering there so I went today for the first time. 20+ huge black garbage bags of clothes were donated over the weekend. They didn't even get touched today bc there were so many other bags to go through. I don't know how in the world all of it will be sorted through. About 250 pieces of clothes were given away today. Going back on Thursday to help again.

Had a short walk after being with all those clothes.

• ruthbru
    Options

Wow, that's a lot of clothes for over one weekend.

We weren't in the eclipse path at all, so had to enjoy it on TV.

I went to Zumba this morning & HIT tonight. We're now watching the final basketball game. Those boys are TALL!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

I have lots planned for today.

• karen1956
    Options

Top photo is from TX. Bottom photo a student took for me in North Denver.

• ruthbru
    Options

Fantastic pictures! I am jealous of anyone who got to experience it in person!

Zumba & Yoga for me today.

• ruthbru
    edited April 10
    Options

Half of the Wednesday Women walked outside & half walked inside (I joined the outside gals for the first time this season). Here's a picture of us all eating at Taco Johns afterwards.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Cleaned my fish tank, made the bed, did a few other things around the house.

• karen1956
    Options

I'm so bummed - I was supposed to see my medical oncologist on April 16th - it was made in October - they called today to change it as he wants the appointment for a patient in treatment. It's now May 3rd. I told the gal that I was bummed as I was already stressing about appointment next week so she said she would call me if there is a cancellation. I see my hematologist on May 13, only 10 days later. My medical oncologist does labs right before the appointment and my hematologist does them a week before, so I have labs for oncologist on May 3 and for hematologist on May 6th. I'm guessing they won't do the CBC or CMP twice.

Got my CPAP machine yesterday afternoon. I managed to wear it for 2 hours. I hope I can do longer tonight. I'm going to put the mask on in front of the mirror than attach the cord. I had my husband take a picture of me with it on so I could use it to see how its supposed to be.

• ruthbru
    Options

I hate that when they change appointment dates! I hope there is a cancellation. Good luck with the mask, Karen.

It was such a nice day that I ended up picking up the yard a little this afternoon & taking a dog walk.

• wonderland
    edited April 11
    Options

Karen: those are fabulous pictures of the eclipse! How disappointing that your appointment you made 6 months ago was rescheduled. I hope there is a cancellation. Good luck with your CPAP tonight.

Ruth: I'll be mowing tomorrow. We've had rain and tomorrow will be the first clear day in 3 days. The grass really needs to me mowed.

Worked at the clothes closet today. So many clothes! And more donations came in today.

Walked earlier this afternoon.

• karen1956
    Options

Wonder - I still see my medical oncologist twice yearly. I always make the next appointment before I leave. This doesn't happen often but has. It must have been a new patient needs to come in for chemo. My oncologist is great. I always try to make my appointment as early as possible in the morning.

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: Oh, I see. Hope your new appointment in May was able to be scheduled early in the morning.