Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2011

Hi all.  Quickly passing by.  Have an appt tonight so probably no exercise today.  But, wait, that will totally mess up loseit.com so I will have to get in at least 20 mns somewhere just to keep up my record!  How's that for a reason to move.  We'll see.

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited March 2011

Thank you all for the congrats and happy dances. It is exciting. I see everyone is busy and working, eating too hard. lol I am so proud of you all for hanging in there. I will check with everyone later. Just wanted to say thank you and Hi.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited March 2011

tonight is yoga night.  I loooooove my yoga nights.  I talked one of my BF into going tonight.  I hope she likes it as much as I do.

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited March 2011

Hi, Elizabeth! 

Enjoy yoga, Sherry!

I got in a nice slightly chilly (to start) walk.  Tomorrow is a non-work day so I'll probably wake up at 6 Undecided

Have a good evening everyone!

• Cat123
    Cat123 Member Posts: 47
    edited March 2011

Nothing today but I did the Biggest Loser Vol 1 workout yesterday!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2011

did 4.1 miles (7,037 steps) today including noon power walk.  It was brisk but that made us move faster.  My greatest feat this week is attending three parties with cake (two retirements and a wedding shower), and I didn't have any!   

Mary & Ruth, I was reading the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and saw an article on baseball books and thought of you.  Here's a link: http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/arts/118481909.html

'night tarts, I'm gonna go watch American Idol ~ {{hugs}} to all

• slinky
    slinky Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2011

Fmakj, I agree that slow and steady wins the race.  You are doing so well with your weight loss - keep it up!

I'm on my way to try out the P90x.

Have a great workout everyone!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2011

35 minutes Wii fit plus and 30 minutes treadmill. 

Patoo - it is amazing what a person would do to earn a badge! Surprised

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited March 2011

Just got back from yoga class and boy did she work us out tonight.  Wonder if I will be sore tomorrow.

• badger
    edited March 2011

it's funny you say that sherry, my thighs and fanny have been sore today and I wondered why so maybe it was yoga class Weds.  This instructor is less mellow than my other teacher.  I haven't taken Pilates but someone in the class who has, calls it "Pi-Yo."

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,536
    edited March 2011

Hi Elizabeth, great to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. What kind of maintance things do you have to do? I hope nothing too dreadful.

I did a 30 minute FIRM cardio & a 30 minute sculpt DVD. I want to be an 'Exercise King' too!!!!

Thanks for the baseball books link, Badger. A couple months ago, Mudcat Grant, a great Twins pitcher from the 1960s was in Fargo; he played minor league ball there & was being inducted into a Hall of Fame. He is black, grew up in the segregated South and told about how AMAZED he was when he came to Fargo and could walk the streets, stay in the hotels, eat in the restaurants, and hang out with his teammates without feeling any prejudiced or discrimination. He said it was the first time he realized what America could, and should be. Very moving, and made me pretty proud of my (cold, snowy) state. He is also a great storyteller and told a lot of funny baseball stories too.....

O.K. ladies, I'm off the decide how to 'spend' my last 212 calories of the evening. Take Care, Ruth

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2011

Oh Badger don't feel bad today I ate all the cake for you - I had chocolate cake at lunch, tonight did Body Combat with the wonderful Eduardo then out to dinner with my gym buddies then home where Hannah surprised me with chocolate ice cream cake and yes I ate a slice of it, but it's okay as calories don't count today as it's my birthday....... Tomorrow I turn the page and become a good girl but today it's all about the cake!!!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2011

ladies.....I have not exercized all week as \\i had a hert attack Monday at 2am....seriously...woke me up...paced around my living room wondering why the hell my collar boe was killing me , i was agitated and then pan started moving down my arm. Went from a should I to a '911- yes i believe i am having a heart attack"....anc boom...2 or 3 minutes later they were in my place getting s=me strapped into oxygen and nitro spray to no avail....they ketp telling m i had done all the right things and then off i went down the road...only two blocks away so i was in the capable hands of a cardiologist about 30 minutes later. long story short. i was unable to move for six hours to make sure tha i didn't beleed out from there so i was clamped to a table with an actual clamp and then sandbagged after that. ECko showed no damage to m y heart....and now i am on a trck load of pillls...was told to take it easy 5 minutes a day and i said ;that is simply not realize to me...hope you meant 5 milsi will listen to my body but i am noooooooooooooot going backwards....i will simply go forward a bit slower.god.....so...any of you lovelies who have no gone to get choleserol checked, plese do....a male parent who had a heart attack under the age of 55 puts you at hig risk,,,a mom under 65, ditto....so....

bed time. just wanted to check in . i will read all the back messages tomorrow. night!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2011

Geeze Sandee so glad you recognized you were in trouble and was able to get help so quickly, if there is anything you need or anything I can do pm me.  Just glad you are okay. Big (((HUG))).

Cheryl

• NatureGrrl
    edited March 2011

Sandee, yikes!!! So glad you're OK -- take good and gentle care of yourself, and like Cheryl said, if you need anything please let us know!   {{{{{Sandee}}}}} 

(as predicted, on my day off I'm up at 6 AM)

• badger
    edited March 2011

{{Sandee}} how scary, so glad you're OK!  Kiss

Happy Birthday Cheryl, you are right, calories don't count on your b-day  Innocent

Carol, the same thing happens on my days off except for me it's 5 o'clock Yell

TGIF - happy Friday everyone  :-)

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2011

Sandee, so glad you are feeling better now...... glad you were able to realize that you were in trouble - very scary!!  Take care of yourself girl, you want to be able to enjoy your trip, but may have to take things in the slow lane for a while!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Cheryl, Happy Birthday to you! ........ And many more!  Hope your day was GREAT  - must have been - Cake, Dinner Out and Eduardo?!?!?!?!?

Elizabeth - great to hear from you - please keep us posted!!

Carol, I have to get my kids up everyday for school and pick up my DD#1 from work every morning, so my only days to sleep in are on the weekends - which is great - but I end up going to bed much later the night before, so I really do not get ANY extra sleep (perhaps even less!) on the week ends.

Ruth, you can't be far behind me on the "Excercise King" badge.  It is for excercising 3 times a week for 8 weeks (has not been quite 8 weeks for me yet, but still got it!).  Don't tell Patoo, as she may believe that she has to log excercise in each day (want to keep her motivated Wink)!

To everyone else - Keep movin'!!!   Happy Friday! 

• NatureGrrl
    edited March 2011

Patoo, how's your shoulder?

Cheryl, Happy Birthday!!   Photobucket I totally read over that in your post, I'm sorry, but good for you for enjoying your cake!  (Thanks for catching that, Mary Louise!).

I walked already, close to an hour, not my fastest but the extra time was good.  Now I feel like going back to bed :)  (Just kidding, sort of).

OK, and so I don't miss another one... I just noticed it's Sandee's birthday tomorrow, so Sandee, Happy Birthday!!!  Photobucket

Have a good day, Tarts -- big hugs, and take care of yourselves!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2011

Happy birthday Cheryl  enjoy that piece of cake.I am going to do the same tomorrow.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,536
    edited March 2011

I just licked the screen that cake looks so delicious!

Happy Birthday Cheryl, and, of course, you MUST eat cake on your birthday.

Happy Birthday also to Sandee. Yikes! It is good you recognized the signs and got help right away. When do you check in with the medical people again? What else do you have to do so that this doesn't happen again. Heart diease runs rampant in my mom's side of the family, another reason for me to try to be good. BLAH!

On the Good News Front; my little Ryan is coming home today! I don't know what rehab stuff he has to do here, how long before he can get back to school etc. I will touch base with him/his mom this weekend. But what a big, happy step!

Happy Friday! Let's have a great exercising, semi-good eating weekend (who could or even should be perfectly good on the weekend?)! Ruth

• NatureGrrl
    edited March 2011
    Mum, you and Sandee share a birthday -- cool!   Happy birthday to you, too!!  Photobucket
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2011
    Thanks I do promise to hit the gym today so the cake won't do so much damage.Innocent
  • patoo
    edited March 2011

Happy, happy Birthday!!  I took a bite out of that screen-cake just in case you notice the tiny piece gone.

Sandee - scary - glad you got help so quickly.  Wonder if I would have been that smart or would have just turned over and went back to sleep - yikes!

Nature, thanks for asking.  Shoulder feels okay.  I haven't worn the sling for 2 days and haven't taken the anti-inflammatory since Monday so perhaps the tendonitis is gone. 

Hoping to get to the gym tomorrow and work on the machines.  Haven't done that in months.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2011

Thanks all. Patoo...you would have been this smart too....I was so agitated I could not lie down..could not sit down and the pain that started radiating down my arm....yep. I had no idea until yesterday when I talked to the pharmacist that pain in the collar bone, which I had experienced on the weekend and then again Monday at 2, is a fairly common heart attack sign for women. I , of course, connected it with my chiropractic apointment the previous week....no more of that for me for awhile!!

Ruth. I am on 6 medications as well as the tamoxifen now (oy)....blood thinners, something for cholesterol, something to keep the cholersterol from building around the medicated stint and 2 blood presure things....'baby doses' of them according to the pharmacist because in fact, I have low-normal to low blood pressure....but they give this cocktail to everyone who has a recent heart attack...and they may not all be permanent. Thank godness I have BLue Cross insurance !(actually, this is why i added the prescription part of insurance about 5 years ago...kept telling my ex...we are getting older and one of us will end up on some expensive medication at some point..it will all balance out)...think i just balanced out yesterday! The stats for a woman who has parents (or a parent) who had a heart attack young puts you in potential danger. Tow of my siblings have perfect cholesterol and my eldest sister went on lipitor at age 58 and has ben on it ever since to keep it low...guess the genese fell down the hill to the youngest this time!

Happy birthday Cheryl. always fun to meet another aries!

Patoo- sorry about your pain but glad the infmallatories did the trick and you no longer need them.

Ruth- Ryan is home!!!! Such goooood news. He must be so happy to sleep in his own little bed! Geez!

So my exercize will be a slow walk around the block this afternoon and another one this evening. I actually slept in until 10:30 this morning...went to bed a 2 when I was finally tired but that still means 8 hours of sleep! today is the start of a new beginning, hmm? Have a good Friday all

• NatureGrrl
    edited March 2011

Ruth, sorry I missed about Ryan, I must slow down when I read!  So glad he's coming home! 

• NatureGrrl
    edited March 2011

PS, and Sandee, glad you're taking gentle care of yourself.

Hugs to everyone!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2011

Sandee - how scary!!!  Good for you for recognizing what was going on and getting help!  I think that's one difference I've noticed in myself after b/c - I'm much more likely to get something of concern checked out instead of dismissing it or thinking it's not important. Take care of yourself!  As the American Cancer Society says, "Happy Birthday is a Victory Song" - that's doubly true for you this birthday - Happy Birthday!

Sherry - I'm with you about loving my yoga classes.  I take a Gentle Yoga 2x a week and can really tell the difference when I have to miss a class. 

I wanna be an "Exercise King" too - right now I still just have the Exercise Hound badge.  Tongue out

Happy Birthday Cheryl - sounds like your special day was perfect.  And of course calories eaten on your birthday don't count!  And Mum - that cake is positively evil looking!!!!

Ruth - hooray on Ryan's homecoming! That poor little guy has had such a rough road lately - so good for him to get back to his own home.  

Patoo - glad the shoulder seems to be healing.  Take it easy and don't overdo.

No exercise for me this morning - I was tired and just decided to take an extra hour to sleep in. But we're heading to the cabin tonight for the weekend, and we're already planning our hike for tomorrow.  They're predicting SNOW here for Sunday!!!!!  What the heck is that all about????? Surprised

• patoo
    edited March 2011

Sandee, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.  I think it will help us to be aware of what is happening in our bodies.  Sometimes we want to blame any aches and pains on the BC meds when it's just aging and other things that would happen anyhow.

I really mean it - thanks, because I know that I will be more diligent about symptoms. 

• patoo
    edited March 2011
    Nats, my DS is finally waking up to the world (27 and sheltered (by me) all his life).  He also cannot believe we are having snow in the spring.  I asked him why it was okay last week but not this week and all he can answer is 'because it's springtime'.   Seems to me I remember snow in late April "back in the day".  But I guess that goes along with walking 12 miles to school in 4 feet of snow after waking at 3am to feed the cattle... story  Innocent
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2011

I hate this new scrolling - I keep missing posts!  Badger - thanks for the baseball books link - I'd heard of some of them, but some were brand new to me.  I'll be saving that one for my booklist.  And Ruth - good for you for getting your Twins tix early.  I was listening to their game today at lunch on XM radio against the Orioles.  Most people get XM for music.  I got XM some years ago for the baseball - all that great music was just a bonus! Cool  

Patoo- you forgot that the 12 mile walk to school was uphill both ways!! Tongue out