Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2011

Happy Birthday Mum and Sandee!  It really is a Victory song!!  Take it easy Sandee and work up slowly.

Patoo - I second that thought with you too with the shoulder and the gym.  Be gentle with yourself!

Ruth - glad to hear that Ryan is coming home!!  Prayers really do get answered!

Mary - this scrolling is driving me crazy also!  I just make sure that I put in a post on the threads that I don't just lurk on (Embarassed), so it is easier to find my spot by just scrolling to my avatar!  I may just have to lurk less on the other threads!!  And I've heard that the 12 mile walk involved actually having icicles hanging from your nose - it was so cold!!  Surprised

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2011

And don't forget your shoes had holes in them so you had to stuff them with cardboard!!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2011

Mary Louise - that is what I have been doing too..scroll down to my avatar so I know where  left off!

Patoo- you are welcome for the information...I kept putting sore ribs, lack of breath down to breast cancer ...had not been ill until breast cancer ..acually had two people last week tell me how incredibly healthy I am looking etc...this was a shock....but recognizng the signs is essential since we do not present the same way as men. The Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation has excellent information.

Mary- I am indeed taking it easy. cancelled my p. trainer fo rnext week and plan on walking...did a bit of light housework this am and NOTHING since ....plan on cooking a good meal and going to bed early . Going out for a birthday lunch with some galpals form work tomorrow afternoon and then more taking it easy. Need to figure out how to download movies onto my computer...even opened all the windows and let cold, fresh, spring air into all the rooms.... hopefully there will be no more snow:)

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited March 2011

Cheryl and Sandee HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo ryan is homeSmile

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2011

Sandee: you are one smart lady! So grateful you listened to your body and called 911. Good advice about having your cholesterol levels checked. I counsel employees at work about their cholesterol. Most employees listen, a few don't. They're in denial. Only a few have told me they don't want to exercise, change their eating habits, and especially don't want to take medication because of the side effects. You should see my face when they talk about side effects! I admit, at these times I pull the cancer card and tell them that I know ALL about side effects and I was willing to do whatever it took to help me.

On the flip side, I have seen cholesterol levels return to normal when people have made changes in their exercise and eating levels. Very rewarding for them and me. Sometimes nothing works and they go on a pill. That's why we have medicine so we can live a healthier life!

DH and I just returned from an evening hard walk around our hilly neighborhood. Our route is exactly 1.1 miles but feels like more because of the hills! We made it back just in time to see the tip off of the Carolina - Marquette basketball game. Go Tarheels!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2011

Will be leaving Sunday a.m. for Florida but should have access to site down there.  Continental emailed me to let me know we are on high level alert. Wanted more info from me. Now they want you at the airport 3 hours in advance.

Sandee and Carol - Belated happy birthdays. I must have celebrated your birthdays by myself b/c I had 2 WW deserts.

Sandee - hope you are feeling better. Thank you for the valuable information.

Went to work/volunteer job today. Stayed 4 hours, came home and fell asleep. Definitely no zumba tomorrow.

Next weekend I will  zumba on Sat, and a charity spinning class on Sunday. Haven't spun in about 10 years, hope I can still do it. I only committed to 1/2 hr. 

My fun begins on April 4 when  i have diagnostic mammo. 2nd one since mast.  On my volunteer job, I did learn that scripts with diagnostic means that the radiologists read your tests at that time.  PS visit on the 6th. So a busy week after week away. Fun, fun fun.

Ladies with wrist problems: That cortisone shot worked. All tendonitis in hand and wrist went away.  Keep up the exercising.

Just wanted to check in before bed.

Hugs to all,

Will probably check in tomorrow, if not from sunny Florida (Dad's computer).

• Sandeeonherown
    edited March 2011

Wonderland - Thanks....yeah...I was told it is medication for life for me...once you have a heart attack, they no longer want your cholesterol at 3.4 ...they want it at 2....so yeah..medication...hat has freaked me out a bit but if tt is life saving....I will do it.Just have to reframe my thinking and deal with the emotional highs and lows these blood pressure oills are sending me on...a new day tomorrow!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2011

hi ladies and birthday greetings to Sandee and mum, many happy returns of the day!

good news about Ryan coming home Ruth, did he get his pudding? 

so far I have in 4.37 miles (7,503 steps) including a noon power walk.  But I think I'm going to go drop off my car at the mechanic's (oil change tomorrow) then walk home approx a mile to get in some more exercise for the day.  I am losing weight but at a snail's pace - hey d'ya think that's why they call it sluggish when you don't want to move much? 

TTFN tarts and {{hugs}} to all 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,536
    edited March 2011

Hi, well I was bad and ate all day and night long, managing to pause just long enough to do 45 minutes of toning.....SIGH! Back to the drawing board tomorrow.

One thing you probably know is  anyone who is having chest pains should immeditately take asprin. Buy a box of 'Bayer Extra Strength Quick Release Crystals' and keep a couple pouches in your purse, desk drawer etc. as well as in your house. They dissolve quicker and easier than capsules or pills.

I will call Ryan either tomorrow or Sunday & see if I can stop by and bring him some pudding Smile.

'Night ladies! Ruth 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2011

40 minutes Wii fit plus and 35 minutes FIRM toning. We are having a "family meeting" today to discuss my father's declining mental (as well as physical) health today.  So very sad to watch your parents decline.  Pretty sure that today will be an emotional day .... keep me in your thoughts and prayers!  Thanks.

• badger
    edited March 2011

will do!  {{Mary Louise}}

I'm off to shake my tailfeathers.  :-)

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2011

((((Mary Louise))))

Happy Birthday Mum

Happy Birthday Sandee  -  I am going to eat two slices of cake in both your honors today, aren't I kindInnocent

Last night my gym did an hour and a half preview class and it was so much fun - 20 minutes RPM (which is bike) 20 minutes Step, 20 minutes Pump and 20 minutes Attack. It was done so the front desk people would understand what classes were about, now some of those smarty-pants 19 year old boys have a little bit more respect for us as they found out it ain't so easy. This morning I did Body Combat and now I'm about to scrub and clean. Hannah has been going to doctors this week on her spring break, she had an MRI and bottom line poor kid can no longer play soccer she had knee surgery 2 years ago for ACL, PCL and meniscus and she has re-damaged her ACL so she has to have 2 surgeries over summer. Ruth what a blessing that Ryan is finally home, I'm sure his family is so relieved.

• WendyK
    WendyK Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2011

Hi everyone

New to this thread...6 yr bc survivor. I am determined to get healthy and in shape...yesterday I biked 11 miles and did about 30 min of strength training...doing an hour of cardio....treadmill etc. Tonight. Been trying some fitness classes. Love zumba and pilates and yoga. Also do a waterfit class twice a week. So far, have lost ten lbs.

Cheers

Wendy in Ontario canada

• Sandeeonherown
    edited March 2011

Cheryl- thank you for eating the cake for me!!! I had a breakfast of french toast and fruit and korean food for lunch...apetite is not normal but to be expected...Walked today to a friend's and then to the restaurant....that is as far as I am going!

Ruth- that is right..you promised to visit Ryan and eat pudding with him...sounds like the perfect Saturday night !

Was also told that the pepto bismol I took for what I hought was acid reflux was smart because it also has aspirin in it...who knew! But yes....having chewable aspirins in your purse...essential!....

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,536
    edited March 2011

Hi Everyone, and welcome Wendy.

Cheryl, I am sad for Hannah. Those sports injuries..... Is she really sad about not playing soccer? The most important thing, of course, is that they get things taken care of so it is not a life long problem for her. Does she still have her mid-western boyfriend? Will she be home for the summer?

Mary Louise, thinking of you. We had those same family meetings about my dad a couple years ago. It is so very hard and sad. Sending a hug to you!

Ryan was getting settled in today so I will go over tomorrow afternoon (with the pudding) for a little visit. I did talk to him on the phone and he sounds great! Smile

The sun was out this afternoon so I took a brisk walk (by brisk I mean that I almost froze to death, OMG it was COLD!) and then I went to an ice show put on by the local skating club (more coldness); the show had the very strange theme of 'A Buffett of Stars On Ice'....all the songs were about food, and the set was the New York City skyline ????????????? I will not be able to give a truthful answer if kids or parents of kids ask me what I thought about the show.

I'm off to take a very hot shower and drink some very hot tea. 'Night All! Ruth

• badger
    edited March 2011

good morning ladies and welcome Wendy!  This is a great group of women and it's very motivating in that, to be able to post daily exercise, you have to DO something every day.  (sometimes we don't but most days we do)

Got out for an early-morning walk - beautiful but cold but I was prepared and loved it.  Forgot my pedometer but did my 2.5 mile route.  May go out again this afternoon when it warms up a bit. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!  {{hugs}} to all

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2011

I ate too much cake yesterday so I am off to the gym.Feel the burn tarts.

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited March 2011

{{{{{Mary Louise}}}}} Those aging-parent issues are tough.

Mum, Sandee, glad you had good birthdays... and Cheryl, how nice of you to eat cake for them! :)  How is Hannah about not being able to play soccer?  Lots of ACL injuries here in the news all the time -- I cringe a bit every time. 

Ruth, I had to laugh over the Stars on Ice theme/scenery.  What were they thinking? Surprised

Welcome, Wendy!

I'm heading out with my camera for my weekend meditation walk -- it won't be a thinking meditation but it will be an in-the-moment meditation, photography does that for me.  It's cold but sunny and there are lots of early spring blooms.

Hi and hugs to all!
  • Sherryc
    edited March 2011

Welcome Wendy this place is great it keeps me motivated.  Yeterday no exercise but cleaned house so I think that counts!!  I am getting ready to go for my 3 mile walk today.  That will be my exercise for today.

• wonderland
    edited March 2011

Welcome Wendy: I'm new here also. Congrates on 6 years and the 10 pounds.

Ruth: That's so cool that you have local ice shows! Someone was hungry and thinking about New York when that theme was created.

Badger: I can visualize you shaking your tailfeather - love it!

Sherry: we were on the same wave length yesterday. I also cleaned house by going through drawers, stuff on surfaces, etc.

To everyone who has been exercising: way to go!

Today is cold. Temperature is 39 degrees. Last week it was 79 degrees. Gotta love March. The red buds and dogwoods are starting to bloom in the yard. Here is my plan: I will exercise to my Leslie Sansone Walking at Home CD. Now that I've written it, I have to do it! I'll do it before the Carolina - Kentucky basketball game. Hopefully Carolina will get in the Final Four. Go Tarheels!

• wonderland
    edited March 2011

Forgot to add:

NatureGrrl - meditation/photography walk sounds peaceful and fulfilling. Would love to see some of your pictures.

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited March 2011

Hello, Everyone:

Just a brief fly-by - my dad passed away yesterday.  His passing was very abrupt; he apparently was doing some charity work at the local library when he fainted and hit his head, fracturing his skull.  

While we'll miss him, I'm very glad this happened when he wasn't at home, since he lived by himself.  Also, passing this way is far preferable to living in a nursing home and just existing for years and years, at least to our family.

I'll be going back to Wisconsin for the funeral this week; in the meantime, I'm going to try and get some exercise, since it calms me and helps me collect my thoughts.

BTW, the person in my avatar is my dad.

Keep exercising, Everyone, I'll be back to regular exercise in no time.

julie

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited March 2011

Just catching up with everyone's news . . . my apologies if my post seeems to ramble a bit; I'm definitely in a state of shock over my dad's passing.

Sandee: Good grief, please take care! Heart issues are so alarming! Sending thoughts of prayers and strength.

hbCheryl: Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday; love the cake photo!

Ruth: I'm so glad RYan is home. Such good news.

Ronna: Enjoy your trip to Florida. High-level alert - well, we'll be going back for my dad's funeral this week; that tells me to book a flight leaving later in the day. I'm glad your wrist problems are much better.

Badger: Shake those tailfeathers!

Hello to Everyone else, and my apologies for not catching all of you individually. I'm hoping this new stress won't make me sick; I've only been back to work for two weeks. Ugh. It never stops, does it???

{{{HUGS}}} to all of you, and I know things WILL get better.

Julie

• Sherryc
    edited March 2011

Julie so sorry about your Dad.  My dad also died very suddenly when he was young.  It was a shock.  The Dad I talk about on this thread is really my stepdad (so you all don't get confused).  I will be praying for you and your family as I know what an emotional time this is for all of you.  Stay safe on your travels back home. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

• wonderland
    edited March 2011

Julie: I am so sorry about the unexpected death of your father. You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited March 2011

Aw, Julie.... I'm so sorry.  {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}  My dad died 9 years ago and I still miss him every day.  My condolences to you and your family. Take good and gentle care of yourself -- you know the list:  try to sleep and eat well, and do get out for some exercise if you can, even if it's just a short walk. Do things that help you relax.  And know that we're all here for you.  I'll be thinking of you.

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2011

((((Julie)))) I have sent you a PM.

Wendy welcome,  great to have you join the exercise ""party"".  Today I did Body Step class, oooee it was tough, absolutely packed and it should have been labeled Step and Sauna it was so hot and humid in there, but isn't that what we go to the gym for!!!!

Ruth yes she is done, she doesn't even want to go back but she is packing, her Mom has told her she can transfer back home but she has to contact the 2 colleges she was admitted to and do the transfer herself and she has to do it this week cause they're offering places to students right now and her BF is here with her and he is so supportive, he's one the those good guys, he is doing weight watchers with her as she has gained the freshman 15 but she's gained it since Christmas when all her ACL trouble started, and he's a hulking big football player, he is a real sweetheart, was raised by a single Mom and he does her proud.

I'm going to be bending and squatting as I need to go pull weeds, I have a beautiful weed garden at the moment, guess that is what happens when you've had rain for weeks on end. 

• wonderland
    edited March 2011

As I promised myself and all of you, I just finished 2 miles with my Leslie Sansone CD. Now waiting until 5pm for the Carolina game. Go Heels!

• WendyK
    WendyK Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2011

Julie so sorry about your dad...lost mine in1994 to pancreatic cancer...miss him like crazy still. Well I did some interval training today...15 min bike, 10 min elliptical...I find that one hard..and 15min treadmill. Doing some cooking this evening so it is easier to do my fitness classes through the week...most of them are early like 4:45 which is hard with a family. I am eating healthy too..just made some spaghetti squash primavera for work lunch. I teach kindergarten French immersion. I just got two new DVD..ine yoga for back health and a pilates one. I did them each once and they will be good for non gym days.

Wendy

• badger
    edited March 2011

{{Julie}} sorry about your dad.  Crappy circumstances to come back to WI but I'm sending some love north for you & yours.

I got some housework done then vegged on the couch and fell asleep with a paperback book on my chest.  Those are the best Sunday afternoon naps, aren't they?  I should go walk around the block a little while the sun's still up.  {{hugs}} to all