Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2011

Good morning, walked 3.5 miles yesterday incl noon power walk.  Julie, the court found the open meetings law was violated and slapped a TRO against the collective bargaining bill so it hasn't taken effect.  The politicians don't want a 're-do' because they don't have the votes to pass it again.  Paperwork has now been filed to recall three state senators.  I think they'll insert the language into the big budget bill which must pass or gov't shuts down.  Just like DC - yuck.  RE: storms, one went north of us and one went south so we were OK, glad no one in your family was hurt in Merrill. 

Kim, my mom is a 30-year survivor so maybe not a cure but a good long life, she's 80 now.

Ruth, glad to hear surgery is scheduled, will be praying for you (& your doc) on the 25th.

Carol, thinking of you and sending healing vibes with every step I take, how's your ankle?

Welcome Shannon, and {{hugs}} to all

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2011

Ruth so good to hear your surgery is scheduled.

I am back to the gym noticed they have added alot of zumba classes now.Maybe I will give them a try.I will probably end up tripping somebody.Embarassed

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2011

Had a great yoga class last night.  Hopefully I can get in some walking this evening.  This is the day I have to go to the inlaws and pay bills and set up meds.  Demends on how much I have to do as whether I will have time to walk after that.

Ruth so glad you are scheduled for surgery.  It is definalty better to do it sooner than later.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2011

I tend to break out a good bottle of champagne on my cancerversary to celebrate kicking cancer butt for one more year.  That helps me turn any anxiety or blues into a celebration. 

Ruth - so glad you have a surgery date.  Good for you for getting your GP to push things ahead.  

Cheryl - in the IT business we deal with that "it's not our equipment/software - it's the other company's stuff" all the time - our software vendor always blames our network and server setup, and the network and server teams always say it's the software.  Meanwhile, they're not the ones taking angry calls from customers who demand to speak to someone in IT to know why they can't register for yoga class online.  Yell

My last Tuesday yoga class is tonight - it doesn't start up again for a few weeks, so I'll have to do tapes or something.  My lunchtime Wednesday yoga is also on a break, so no yoga classes for a few weeks for me.   Frown

15 minutes Lebed and 30 minutes weight/resistance this morning.  

It's pouring rain here today - it was 90 degrees yesterday!  Ah, Washington in the spring time . . . 

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2011

Kim, I am with you 100%, first the diagnositc  normal, then bs says MRI, wow, what a jolt.

I too was down in the dumps, I guess for us gals it is a way of life for us. My thoughts are with you, just got letter from breast center tests were normal and results were forwarded to Dr. ...., well now I am waiting for the pre-cert for MRI.  I knew from a phone call last week that tests were normal and about the MRI. No one outside of our world understands. You have to be a member of the club.

Ruth, glad you have a surgery date. Mary, good idea breaking out champagne each year.

Cheryl, I remember my real job, I used to love to fix the copy machine. Knew it better than the real repair guy.

Welcome Shannon.

Went to zumba last night. H U R T I N G. (3 days in a row).

Will say out of gym until Sat morning. Need a rest, but will meet with trainer to get back on a routine.

Hugs to all,

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited April 2011

Ruth - good news tha he can get you in this month....excellent,

ronna, congrats on pasing the mammo!!!! there will be a whole bunch of us nervous nellies in May/june that you folks will need to calm down and hen celerate with!!! I think I will celebrate wih a bottle of red wine..good for the heart and the soul, apparently

No exercize for me today. I am totally drained..did no feel this afer breast cancer surgery or rads..but this heart stuff is kicking he sh**t out of me. seriously pooped...think it might be some of he heart medications.will ask tomorrow....oy! Do;t like feeling too tired to walk, run around the building or stay for more than 4 hours...or say 'sorry please don't come over' to a friend of mine who is in town...will walk to the cardio clinic tomorrow amno mater what!

• elmcity69
    elmcity69 Member Posts: 320
    edited April 2011

hi ladies, thought i would join in. been watching this thread for a while - very inspiring.

i just had my preventive MX 2 weeks ago, so i'm just back to walking this week. i usually do yoga 4-5x weekly, but that's banned for 6 weeks ("ugh" doesn't even cover it).

i walked for 45 minutes, 20 uphill.

good to "meet" all of you!

janyce

• Sherryc
    edited April 2011

welcome janyce, this is a great place to keep motivated.  Hope your healing goes well so you can get back to yoga.  I love my yoga classes and hate when I have to miss them.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

ok so I put the fatigue in the back of my mind and walked to the grocery store, put all the compost and recycling out and walked up and down my 24 stairs a few times....and am now cooking up a storm...that is it for me...going to go to bed super early so I am able to actually walk to the appointment tomorrow am...fell like the suffing has been kicked out of me!

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2011

Sandee:  Just responded to your P.M.  I'm glad to see you got some exercise. 

{{{HUGS}}}

Julie

• julie75
    edited April 2011

Carol and Mary Louise:  How are you doing?  Missing you!

• WendyK
    WendyK Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2011

Got the real bike out tonight and did awesome....all the stationary bike training had paid off...didn't tire me at all...also did my body balance class and off to aqua fit on a roll!

• slinky
    slinky Member Posts: 166
    edited April 2011

I did absolutely nothing today.  My hormones are crazy since I got a Lupron shot and I am on Tamoxifen.  I am so tired! Tomorrow is a new day and I will be productive.

• WendyK
    WendyK Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2011

Ugh slinky...I tried Lupron...it was awful for me couldn't stop crying ...hope things even out

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited April 2011

Walked 30 minutes; did 30 minutes Pilates & went to a Middle School/High School Jazz Band concert. My favorite school concert of the year! DS played trombone in the Jazz Band when he was in school, so it makes me rather sentimental!

Hi Janyce, nice to see you here!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2011

Welcome to the group Janyce, the 6 weeks will fly by and you'll be back to your yoga in the mean time enjoy the walking. (((slinky))) feel better. Sandee hope you get some answers tomorrow about the fatigue. Ruth you will be careful for the next couple of weeks won't you, don't overdoWink

Did Body Step class tonight and I sure hope my body gets used to the spin class on monday night soon as my legs felt like I had bags of sand attached to them.Yell

• badger
    edited April 2011

Good morning everyone and welcome Janyce.  You're right, this is a terrific bunch of women. 

Patoo, thinking of you and hoping you are doing well this week. 

Julie, Sunday's storms produced 10 confirmed tornados, which is tied for a record in April.

Walked 4.1 miles (7,040 steps) yesterday incl a noon power walk and an afternoon break too, it was so nice I couldn't stay inside.  Yesterday was the 'State of the Tribes' address at the Capitol.  I did not attend the speech in-person but watched on Wisconsin Eye. 

Did go to the Drum and Honor Song ceremony ahead of the speech and it was very powerful.  The 11 Nations here in WI each had their Tribal flag, plus there was an American flag, and a row of fringed lances.  There was a huge drum being played by six men.  They'd play and sing, then punctuate the chorus with BOOM BOOM BOOM.  At first we were all on the east Capitol steps, then a procession circled the Capitol, then they went in (through the security screening and metal detectors) and into the Assembly Chambers. 

Well doggone it, it's already 5:30 so I need to get ready for work.  Yoga class today - YAY.  Namaste and {{hugs}} to all.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited April 2011

Yes, I am being careful. Walking slowly & doing 'beginners' moves on toning & even those without 'gusto'. The Drum Ceremony sounds very neat!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2011

Yoga class last night, and the rain stopped long enough so I could walk the 2 mile round trip to the rec center.  15 minutes Lebeds and 30 minute elliptical this morning.  Goin' to the Nats game tonight!!!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2011

Badger, wish I was there for the BOOM BOOM BOOM music.

Welcome Janyce.

DH not feeling good with a bad cold. Big baby. Cheryl, go slow with spinning at first.

Slinky, yes, there is always tomorrow.

Damp ugly weather back.

Love to all

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2011

Thanks all for the thoughts.  I'm okay, just been extremely busy and not on the computer too much.  Taking a few minutes here at work to look on.  I see you are all still at it, some as normal and the rest of you as you are physically able.  That's all that is needed - movement of any sort helps.  I'm not giving up.  I can absolutely say, however, that easing too much on the exercise and eating certainly has an effect on the waistline so due diligence is necessary - I'm proof.  Still have a little over a month before the Bahamas so hopefully will get it back together before long.

Now if the weather would just cooperate!

• slinky
    slinky Member Posts: 166
    edited April 2011

I forced myself out of bed today and went on with my daily routine.  I will be doing treadmill and p90x after my fill today.  I found out on Monday that my baby sister has lymphoma and I suppose I am a little depressed over my cancer and her cancer in less than four months.  My mom and dad are beside themself with guilt, grief and fear of the unknown.  My sister is only 30 years old and was to start a new job....now her life is on hold until she completes chemo.  Cancer sucks!

• Sherryc
    edited April 2011

slinky so sorry about your sister and you are right Cancer sucks!  I can only imagine what is going through your parents minds.  I will keep your family in prayer

• Faithroad
    Faithroad Member Posts: 165
    edited April 2011

Hi, I'm a newbie here.

I'm having a hard time getting back into my excercise routine after my BMX and Hysterectomy. (BMX was in Late Sept. 2010.  Hysterectomy Dec. 28, 2010. Liproscopic.  Final recontruction done Jan. 12, 2011. I didn't have to do chemo. I also take Anastrozole.)  I used to walk on breaks & lunch at work. And do the eliptical machine at night. But, I find I'm so tired all the time. Especially after work.  I can't seem to get my routine back in place.  With everything they took off and took out, I've still put on wieght.  That surprised me.  Anyway, reading some of the posts here has motivated me to not give up, keep working at until I find something that will work for me again. Where has my motivation gone? 

BTW, I have implants in, which I am trying to have taken out sometime soon. So uncomfortable, I hate them.  How is it to exercise with a prosthetic bra?  Or do you just take it off while exercising?

Thank you for any input.

Faith

• julie75
    edited April 2011

Hello, Everyone:

slinky:  So sorry about your sister; I can bet your parents are beside themselves.  Sending prayers and thoughts of strength to all of you.

Ruth:  Glad you are taking it easy. 

Janyce:  Welcome, and we share our issues with each other, as well as our exercise - very theraputic.

Sandee:  How are you feeling today?  Any answers on the fatigue?

Patoo:  Glad to see you; I bet you can't wait to go on vacation.

Ronna:  Hope you don't get DH's cold, and I hope the weather dries up.

Mary:  I work with software; I bet we'd have a lot to talk about.

hbCheryl:  Glad you caught my wave; we really did have great weather last weekend.  Sounds like the temperatures will be close to 80 this weekend.

Badger:  Yep, we really got pounded with tornados.  Still can't believe how CLOSE it came to my Dad's place! within 5 miles!!!  Glad at least storms went north and south of you.

Sherry:  Thinking of you, your family and your Dad.  

{{{HUGS}}} to everyone else.

Did 4.6 mile run today; will resistance train tonight.  You can pet kitties while doing sit-ups Smile

No resistance training tomorrow night; will be taking a computer programming class through UCLA Extension.

Julie

• julie75
    edited April 2011

Faith:  Welcome.  I'm so sorry your energy levels are low.  You were diagnosed about the same time I was (late September 2010) and had your implants placed in January, same as I did, although I'm not on any drugs, chemo or radiation.

Does the Anastrozole drain energy?  Also, you've been through a lot, with the hysterectomy and all.  Since you were an avid exerciser, I can't imagine that you'll get your motivation back and start exercising again.

Also, FYI, I wear bra tops when exercising, these tops are not prosthetic.

Sending thoughts of strength.

Julie

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Dear all,

Walked to the cardio rehab clinic tis morning an dthen to work and ran around a bit there too...over 10,000+steps today despite the fatigue...found out tha my blood pressure is 100/70...hello!!?!?!?? seriously? that is what you get when you give someone with low to normal BP a Bp medication..told the nurse if I do not start to feel better by early next week, I was goin in to my gp to change it. My cardiologist appointment is not until May 31st....NOT spending another 6 weeks feeling like this...can't return to the gym until I am assessed and have the stress test on the 17th of May either so have put personal trainer on hold..rying to decide if I should put the gym on hold too or if I can go in to yoga classes....no idea unil they assess me.....frustrated!..but I have lost 3 pounds...not sure if it is the walking or the lack of tamoxifen....but under 150 now!! on the way back to my 'normal'!

Faith- welcome to the group!! We help keep each other on task and supported so you have come to a good place:)

Julie- I pm'd your pm:)

Slinky- hard to support each other when you are both feeling the results of cancer hmm?...might help t know she understands, in a very odd way but I am sure you wish it weren't so.

• badger
    edited April 2011

welcome Faith, I didn't have recon and don't wear foobs (fake boobs) so not real helpful but my two cents is it's great to not wear a bra, esp. while exercising.

Julie, enjoy the class, you are exercising your brain, that counts!

slinky, sorry about your baby sis.  Can I tell you a hopeful story?  When I first started my job 4 years ago, there was a woman who wore a scarf all the time. She had lymphoma, did chemo and lost her hair.  (We bonded when I was dx with BC and we discovered we have the same onc.)  Today she's healthy and has glossy brown hair down past her shoulders.  Sending comforting thoughts to you & you family.

geez, Sandee, no wonder you are low on pep!  Walking is good, and free to boot.  It's probably no coincidence about stopping tamox and losing weight.  I've never had a pot belly until now.

Janyce, I agree, it would be tough to miss 6 weeks of yoga but it's best to not overdo after MX.  Remember to breathe, keep your mouth soft (envision the roof of your mouth as warm honey softening on a plate), and (my thing to watch) don't hunch your shoulders!

Left my pedometer clipped to my purse this morning so IDK steps but walked at least 3.4 miles today to reach 795 miles.  {{hugs}} to all esp. those on the injured reserve list.

• Sherryc
    edited April 2011

Did my 3 mile walk today, it was nice and breezy outside.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Sherry/Badger!!! walking queens!!! Now...how do we sustain it when we start to feel better??? That is the question ( or more apporpriate for Canada ...how will I sustain it when a. it gets  colder and b. I get back to my busy life??)....something to sort out later