Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2011

Last day of beach walking.I think its really helped my arthritic feet.Lets see what my scale has to say about all this beach activityFoot in mouth

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2011

Badger I am a fellow yoggi as well.  Love it and hate when I have to miss a class.

Ruth so sorry about the hernia.  My husband had one and put it off for two years.  Finally got so bad he could hardly walk without it hurting.  His was a lower one which sounds like that is what yours is. He had surgery Jan 2010.  It was outpatient, but he was in alot of pain those first two days.  I am sure it was because he put it off for so long in getting it fixed.  Once the pain was gone he healed pretty quickly.

Ronna congrats on a good Mammo, we like those results.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2011

Nats and hbcheryl - so glad you 2 got to meet and have a wonderful day together.  Small things just make life nice.

This is a busy time of year for me with church stuff so I'm worn out and not getting to the gym but I got home last night after a birthday party where I was way over my loseit.com calorie count and instead of going upstairs to my lounge chair made a right instead into the den and got on the treadmill.  Did a nice fast pace and even did a run a couple of times but can't sustain longer than a minute at a time.   Still it's something but not looking forward to ELAB tomorrow!  Gotta go get water to build points.

Later.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2011

Crap, Just got a call from breast surgeon, an MRI of breast is needed, even though mammo was normal. Well, better safe than sorry. Waiting for pre-cert and hospital to call for appointment.

Jen, you amaze me with your ability to do the things you do. Good for you.

Today I had my visit with PS. Will discuss more corrective surgey in three months. Doesn't want to do anything with scar giving me a hard time.

Just got off zumba clothing site, gonna get me a pair of zumba pants.

Cheryl, it is really great getting together with bc sisters who you had never known before. I meet occasionally with a gal from bc.org, who only lives two towns from me. A great way to meet new friends. Glad you and Nats had a great time. We all share a terrific bond.

Love to all,

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited April 2011

Walked to work again today (about 3 miles? 4870 steps)...took my 35 minutes but I was not walking hard...beautiful sunshiney day....asked for a lift home though as I was pooped and the hills were too intimidating today...

Ronna- better safe than sorry indeed....the first was good so assume the second is also

Nats-cheryl- great you had fun together....seems there is an instant connection in the sisterhood of BC....thank goodness!

Ruth- git 'er done...no point in dealing with pain if you don't have to..as a teacher, I know how it feels to leave your classes etc...but the kids will still be there and you will start the healing even faster if you get it done faster

mum- step on the scale when you get home and inspire me...walking has to have some result!!! I fit into a par of pants that were snug when I bought them a few weeks ago so I am guessing that is progress

Everyone else- (i scrolled down a page and now can't see the rest of the messages! sorry), enjoy your evening!

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2011

Hello, Everyone:

Just a brief "fly-by"; I'm heading off to a hair appointment.  

Thanks to all of you who are thinking of me during this difficult time.  

Did 4.6 miles today jogging/walking at work; will do resistance training later on.

I'll catch up with the individual threads later.

{{{HUGS}}}

Julie

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Julie- I know exercizing has helped me through the last 18 months...it helps you to breathe and focus on something else at least for an hour....thinking of you

Sandee

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2011

hi everyone, just 'floating' by... a friend of mine turned me on to a yoga class on Thursday nights here in town so I'm just home.  Love yoga!  It's helped my truncal LE as well as my attitude.  :-)

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited April 2011

OK.... ankle hurt today.  Yesterday was too much for it.  Still OK and going in the right direction but it let me know I should have walked a few blocks less.  Blood pooling and all that.  I"m fine, though.

Kim, no need to read back, I just sprained my right ankle for the 4th time in 6 or 7 years, mad at myself but it's not the worse sprain I've had, just frustrated :)

Got my second haircut with WonderSissors, she's sooo great, we tweaked and I love it even more.  Next step (in a few months) will be highlights to jazz it up a bit more.

Ronna, hugs, glad for good mammo, and I'm sure the MRI will be fine, but how unnerving!

Sandee, glad you're doing so much walking!  Your steps are way bigger than mine (about 2'), I maybe need to stretch more??? 

Nats and Cheryl, woo hoo!!!  what fun!  Oh, I can't wait until I can afford to travel!!!!!!!!!

Patoo, as much as you beat yourself up --- you keep going.  Give yourself points for that.  It counts for a lot.

Ruth, my dad had a hiatal hernia, but from what I know that's different... hiatal, more common in men, and femoral, more common in women, right?... his recovery was quick and easy.  And that was 25 years ago.  I trust, even though yours is different, that it will be too!

Hugs, everyone!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited April 2011

Hi, I had a dentist appointment after school so actually got home a lot earlier than I usually do. I walked 45 minutes with my fast friend (who actually made us turn around and come home because she said, "I can tell you are hurting.") Which convinced me that, yes, I will want to get this taken care of sooner than later. Now I will be impatient to get thing going! After hanging out at my dad's for an hour (where I am forced to sit around and do nothing....which is probably good for me at this point),  I did 15 minutes light toning with Richard.

Take care and hugs to all! Ruth

• WendyK
    WendyK Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2011

Just did a 30 min walk outside today..feeling sore today...maybe too much with weights or a zumba move strain. Will so bike tomorrow....need to recharge.

Wendy

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2011

Ruth don't wait just get in there and have the surgery.((hugs))

• ruthbru
    edited April 2011

Yeah, I can't even get in to talk to the surgeon until the 18th; I'll take the soonest time I can get after that.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2011

Did two classes tonight Body Pump and then Body Combat and now I can barely move my arms to type, so Wendy I know exactly how you're feeling. Ronna did they give you an explanation as to why they want the MRI, sending you a big (((HUG))). Julie it helps that you're keeping up with the exercise. Patoo even though you're having a hard time you are still exercising so give yourself a pat on the back. Sandee I'm glad that you are listening to your body and asking for a ride when you need it. Ruth what a smart friend you have you are probably compensating when you walk and she noticed, let's hope once he sees you on the 18th he can do your surgery post haste. To show how tired I am, the phone was ringing just now and I was holding the remote control to my ear going "hello" hello" on that note I'm off to bedUndecided.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2011

Missed yoga class last night as we had dinner with the pastor and his wife.  DH forgot to tell me until yesterday morning.  Have friends coming in this weekend so don't know if I'll squeeze much exercise in, guess I'll just have to watch what I eat to balance it all out.

• NatureGrrl
    edited April 2011

Ruth:  Oops, sorry, dad didn't have a hiatal hernia -- he had an inguinal hernia.  Sorry, my brain mixed up what I thought I had awhile back with what my dad had Undecided  (and why do I remember these things correctly at 3 AM?).  Anyway, it was outpatient and he recovered quickly, and I hope you do too!  Best of luck for a speedy appointment and easy fix and recovery.

Cheryl, hope you got rested up! 

Still having to hold off on any significant walking.  I do have some chores to do today that will have me on my feet awhile so that's something.

It's Friday!  Have a good weekend, everyone!

• WendyK
    edited April 2011

Well did a two hour gym session today... One hour cardio, 1/2 hr weights, 1/2 hr stretch and floor...off to see diary of a wimpy kid 2 at movies with kiddo and his friend. Happy weekend.

Wendy

• badger
    edited April 2011

Hi all, nice power walk this noon... wandered around State Street in downtown Madison.

Found an independent woman-owned bookstore that I'll browse some day. 

Happy Friday ~ Namaste ~ {{hugs}}

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Naturegurl. I am 4'10"...no way my stride is 3.7...just have not set it right!

Took a cab to work today....way tooo tired to walk...and accepted a drive home after work and have been home ever since. ....so I am behaving Cheryl:)

Ruth - good you have an appointment on the 18th. ...that is not too far away.  

All you other ladies, hats off to you...exercizing is never 'easy' but you are doing it !! Bravo (sorry I am going to go to bed in a few minutes but wanted to check in)

• ruthbru
    edited April 2011

Did my easiest toning tape with light weights and walked slowly on the treadmill for awhile. Shot!!!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

But you did something Ruth. BRAVO!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2011

Hello everyone well tonight I went to the gym and climbed the stair climber for 75 minutes, yes 1 hour and 15 minutes and half of that time I was climbing and talking (there was training going on in the group exercise room so no classes today or sunday) anyway I just want to say to all of you just starting on the exercise path that when I started 3 years ago I could climb the stair climber for 3 minutes I used to feel stupid just getting on and off that machine so quickly but I just used to pretend I was doing interval training and doing it on purpose.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2011

Good morning all,

Sun is out today what a change from yesterday, drizzly and damp, Will be going for zumba for 11:15 class we have a new instructor on Sat. mornings, lower level than usual. Hurting today so maybe its good not to go crazy in there as usual. I have no kitchen at the moment as we are in the process of redoing cabinets, so no water in there. Went to Dunkin Donuts this morning and bought a low fat muffin for myself. I will work it off later.

MRI of breast is because of something "suspicious", like last time and mammo was good. Not worried.

Patoo, remember, whatever we do is good.

Kim, I love puppy time. Wears you out, but what fun.

On Monday and Tuesday, hospital has two luncheons for volunteers. Now that I am one, I was invited to the two of them. Working at the breast center, I am seen friends from the past, and enjoy meeting new people as I check them in. I wear my Komen survivor adhesive stick on (not pin) but the new logo and many of the ladies inquire what it is. I love to say survivor, although that is all I say.

Ruth, please feel better.

Love to everyone today.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Cheryl- you are an inSpiRATION!!! Canèt wait to meet the cardio team so I can get back to the gym....god..three weeks!!!!!

• badger
    edited April 2011

good morning, got in an early-morning walk and it was so nice.  Walked approx 90 mins in the little nature park listening to the birds and seeing the tree buds and feeling the prana (life force) and breathing it in and sending it to where my body needs it.  Namaste!  {{hugs}}

• NatureGrrl
    edited April 2011

Badger, take me with you on your next walk.  I'm seriously missing my woods walks during my favorite time of year -- wildflowers popping out all over.  My ankle is giving me heck for being on my feet so much the last 3 days.  Crap.

Sandee, I didn't figure out the length of your steps, I just remember thinking it took me more to get in the same distance (my brain couldn't do the math right then anyway) :) ... but you're right, at 4'10" your steps aren't going to be long!   Glad you're listening to your body.  And glad you're feeling overall so much better.

Ruth, sorry that stupid hernia is giving you so much trouble... I know how frustrated I am with my temp. restrictions and you're an real exercise warrior, so you must be really frustrated!

Cheryl, your "pretend you're doing interval training" made me smile -- first, it reminded me that I can go to the gym and just do the best I can and not worry about it, and second, it reminded me of when a cat falls off something and quickly puts on a  look of "I meant to do that!"  :)

Ronna, hi!  Enjoy your luncheons!  Keep us posted about the MRI.

I feel like I shouldn't even be posting on this thread right now since I'm not doing diddly but I just wanted to keep up with y'all.

I'm going to go to Celery Bog one day soon even if I can only walk from the parking lot to the marsh (maybe 1/10th mile through woods).  I need to see wildflowers!

hugs, all!!

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2011

Hello, Everyone:

Ronna:  Sharing your optimism about the MRI; sending hugs and thoughts of strength.  The luncheons sounds lke fun; enjoy.  Let us know the MRI results, please.

Sandee:  Thanks for the good thoughts.  I have another friend who also tells me to focus on my breathing; excellent advice.  I haven't scrolled through all of the threads; last time, the cardio team wanted you to work out during the day??  Did that get resolved?  At any rate, you sound excited about working with them; I share your enthusiasm.

Ruth:  Glad you are on track to get an appointment for the hernia.  Limitations on exercise are always frustrating.  Take care.  Glad Ryan is doing better.

Carol:  Posting is theraputic, too.  Understand about the need to see wildflowers.  Keep the ankle safe and get better.  Is your avatar hair cut like your real hair cut?  Glad you are satisfied with WonderSissors.  The Celery Bog sounds like fun. 

Cheryl:  75 minutes - wow!  I like the "pretend training".  Am going to run by the Torrance Refinery in a few minutes; I'll wave in your direction as I do so.

Patoo:  As Ronna and Carol said, keep exercising.  Some experts tell us that we need to exercise at a certain pace and amount of time for it to "mean something", I strongly disagree with that statement.  Just a simple 15-minute walk outside calms the spirit, if nothing else.  Keep going.

Wendy:  Two hours - mighty impressive.  Let us know how "Diary" went.  I thought about seeing it.

Sherry:  Thanks for the update on your dad.  Good luck with the diet this weekend, and I'm sure you'll be back out exercising next week.

Kim:  Quality puppy time!  Say "hi" to Ollie for me. 

Everyone Else:  {{{HUGS}}}.

Had a bit of a scare yesterday.  Thought I might be having eye problems (am noticing flashes of light when I move my right eye back back and forth).  Went to eye doctor, who told me everything was fine; retinas were "clear as a bell".  I didn't think God would give me more than I could handle!!!

New kitty (Joey) is sleeping with us; Zing, his sister, seems to tolerate him, which is a miracle in itself.

Happy Exercising, Everyone, and have a good rest of the weekend.

• badger
    edited April 2011

{{Carol}} I was thinking this morning how much you would've enjoyed it, and how I would've enjoyed your company!  The migratory birds are coming through this week, the air is thick with sound.  I love to hear a bird near me sing out, then hear a response from another bird farther away.  Earth is awakening after her long winter hibernation!

• WendyK
    edited April 2011

Hey everyone....diary of a wimpy kid part two was lame, but the kid liked it. They changed the whole book. Sort of blew the eating and had reese's pieces and a small popcorn. Today I did 30 min stationary, 20 min swimming laps and some water weights. Also a 10 mon kick boxing video. Out for supper with hubby tonight...kiddo sleeping over at gramma's.

Weather is warmer ...slow melting YEAH

Wendy

• ruthbru
    edited April 2011

Carol, of course you have to keep posting! We will be frustrated together. I did a short, pretty slow, 30 minute walk & will try some more light toning in a bit. Everything counts, it does not have to be long or hard. If you are moving at all you are doing 100% more than if you are just sitting there!! Keep plugging away everyone! Ruth