Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited April 2011

Ruth- I understand about the exercize thing and wanting to get back at it..I was told today "NO PuMP" until I am assessed with the stress test on the 17th....it's killing me....a slight exageration...but pump classes made me feel strong..helped me fight the cancer demon...I want it to help me fight the heart demon too...but maybe I am supposed to fight this battle wih a gentler way...with yoga....we shall see....but I get it.....you want to get back at it and feel strong....the walking DOES help.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2011

Awwww Sandee I can relate, after my surgery I used to go to the gym and just sit on the recumbent bike and watch my classes, did you get the okay to do yoga?  Are you still going on your trip or is it postponed?

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited April 2011

Did 30 minutes of light, light toning & 30 minutes of slow, slow treadmill after unpacking four huge boxes that came for my dad from his sister's estate. Alas, no hidden fortune to report; books, pictures, tablecloths, knic knacks and the like that I now will have to figure out what to do with. SIGH! Tomorrow is 'shopping and getting ready for company' day. Monday I am suppose to check in at 9:00, so I suppose that means surgery will be about 11:00 if things are on time. I'm thinking I will probably get up early and exercise before I go. I must be nuts!!!! Sandee, we can go crazy together when we are suppose to be 'taking it easy'!

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2011

Ruth be careful if you exercise before you head out for the surgery - cause you can't have a drink of water if you're having anesthesia.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2011

We are talking so light of exercise that it wouldn't even 'count' at all in normal circumstances!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2011

Gym is closed today so I am going to head outside for a nice long walk.But it is still cold up here so I will have to dress warmly.

I hope everyone has a wonderful easter weekend.

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited April 2011

Happy Earth Day, everyone! I remember the first Earth Day, 1970 -- I was a senior in high school and did a 20-mile hunger hike, raised a good amount of money...  and met some college guys Kiss

My ankle flared up yesterday so I've slowed down a bit again.  Ratz. No 20 mile hike today.

Ruth, I'll be thinking of you Monday.  I know you'll be glad to have this behind you!

Sherry, hugs for you and your dad. 

Patoo, Mary, Kim, Sandee, Badger, Julie, Cheryl, Jen, Ronna, Mum, Ronna, and all the new people and anyone I've missed -- hello and hugs!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2011

Hi Tarts-

Ruth, thinking about you getting geared up for Monday-I'm guessing you are going to be feeling better and back to full tart self soon.  I read "Still Alice" and that very part of the book you quoted stuck with me as well.  I have a good friend, 56, who was dx with Alzheimer's this year.  She is the sweetest person.  We all knew something was terribly wrong for about a year.  She has a fabulous family and her husband is great...maybe too great, because he early retired and just does everything for her.  We try to squeeze in walks and such, but right now he is hovering over her.  We'll just keep at it, but now that she is dx and on meds, she seems to be doing better.

Sandee, you are a real hero in my eyes, going through the heart issues with all this.  

Cheryl, you crack me up.  I would LOVE to meet Eduardo even though he isn't your instructor.  I get a visual of you rolling your eyes at the new "softie" teaching...heh heh.

I'm feeling so much better.  My med onc visit went so well-she told me my swelling has improved and my scar is getting softer.  Hopefully this will bode well for my mammo-it's been moved to June 1, just a couple weeks out from my official May 15 six monther.  The "team" wants me to try this massage technique every day 3 x a day to get the fluid to move.  Using lotion, lift the breast with my hand, gently push it upward and then inward towards the heart.  Since I made progress, they are hoping that will both soften the scar and push the fluid out.  We shall see, otherwise it's an MRI.  I have no issue per se with the MRI except so recent post surgery/rads it could show all kinds of false positives from healing.

I ran the new puppy this morning; he's passed out right now, hence my being on here.  I slacked off on exercise this week, time to get going again.  My son graduates from college Memorial Day weekend, and I want to wear my favorite dress that weekend, which mandates me staying fit and weight down!

I have a friend,one I also met online a while back on EDiets in my "tall girl" group. (We are all over 5'9")  She was dx with bc this week; don't know any more about it other than she said her initial biopsy report said "Moderately differentiated ductal carcinoma."  She has been trying to lose weight and stay fit, and I'm hoping once she gets through the initial craziness, I can encourage her to join us on here.  

Since my dx last year, that makes three friends dx with this fun and games.  Unbelievable.

Have a great Easter every one.  I'll check back and see what everyone is up to.

OH and PS about baseball...we are having fun with our beloved Giants.  There's even a reality show about them!  They are indeed a fun group of characters to watch.   

EDIT:  HI CAROL!  XOXOXO and take care of that ankle!  CERTAINLY no 20 mile hike for you! 

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

cheryl- yep...got the ok for yoga ...and if it were not good friday, i would go today...so i will check omorrow 's schedule out intstead...in the meantime, i m doing laundry and drinking coffee(ladies, i slept in until 10am!!! unheard of these past two years!!!) and am then going to go for a drive adn then a walk along the coast somewhere....and then am going to attempt African dance....might go and visit a friend who recently lost her mom as well....in need of giving back todya.

Carol- ice ice baby....rest that ankle..it is telling to a message.

dazed. Thanks for your kind words....my god you gals here are a huge huge help to my recovery on the heart event and breast cancer....really do not know what i woul dhave done these past four months without you all...can't really talk about it to anyone, you know? don't want to worry anyone and when I do get overwhelmed and cry I am told "you will be fine" in a matter of fact tone.....does not really help at those moments but i understand the message...I have not wept about the heart attack except one melt down moment in the past month....just dealing and reading lots! Great news re. the june mammo....they have me down for September but I am going to call the breast surgeon navigator from last summer and see if she can tell me who to call to get it moved up to May or June as it is supposed to be......NOT waiting until June....nope. I too massage my breast every day where the scar tissue is. Was told after surgery that it would help afterwards and would keep the area soft so tha is what I am doing. Seems to help.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    edited April 2011

I'm not a poster on this thread, probably for good reason...when I was looking over the active thread titles, my brain saw this one as "Let's Post Our Daily Excuse."

I have a bad brain.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Good try Elimar!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2011

Yep - won't work elimar.  You posted here so now you can't claim ignorance and must do something everyday because we have 'voices' that come out whenever you are resting!  So, be afraid, be very afraid.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2011

Hey all!  ((Hugs)) all around!!

Sherri - I have been dealing with some issues with my own Dad.  I find that I worry about his health much more than my own!!  Thinking about you and keeping your Dad in my prayers.

Ruth & Sandee - please try to take it easy on yourselves while you are recouperating!!  You really do NOT want to be set back in any way.  Good luck with your surgery on Monday, Ruth, hope you can get to enjoy your Easter first!

I did absolutely nothing yesterday, and the day before only did about 25 minutes on my Wii Fit Plus.  I have been having some issues again with my hip and noticed that it was feeling better if I didn't do the treadmill!!  Today though, I participated in our Church's "Passion Walk"  which took about 2 hours to complete and I actually feel pretty good - hip held out quite well and is not any sorer!!  Was able to burn off around 650 calories with the effort (my sister has a sensor in her shoe that records all sorts of stuff - Of course I am only interested in the calories!!)  Now to tackle the laundry!

Be well everyone!!  You have once again been able to get me back to myself again and I am in a much better place these days!  Thanks!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2011

Sending real love, love, love and virtual chocolate to you all!

• NatureGrrl
    edited April 2011

Mary Louise, I missed you in my post -- sorry!!!  Hugs, and glad you're doing well!

Elimar, LOL!  nice try!  You're stuck now -- voices from here will haunt you! :)

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2011

Sandee - hooray for the go-ahead for yoga.  I know what you mean about feeling like you're fighting the cancer demon with a good workout, but now that I've been doing yoga for a while, I can get that feeling doing some of the poses.  Warrior 2 is one that makes me feel really powerful and in control, and a few other poses do that.  Even a really good balanced mountain pose makes me feel strong.

Kim - sounds like the new pup is keeping you active!  I'm so sorry about your friend - I hate to hear that yet another person has to join the b/c club.  

When I was in LA, my dh took a picture of me, my SIL (currently going through b/c treatment) and his aunt, a 20 or so year survivor.  It came out really nicely, so I made three copies and put them in frames, one for each of us, and mailed them off.  I just got an email from my aunt in law.  She loved it, calling us the Three BreastCateers!  I thought that name was perfect! 

Elimar - you opened Pandora's Box and now it's too late - no excuses now!  You have to get out there and start moving! Laughing

Ruth - we'll all be thinking of you on Monday.

Jen - Lebed exercises are for lymphedema - they are slow, almost tai chi like, and when done in sequence they help open the lymphatic system and push any accumulated fluid along.  I can really tell the difference with my truncal LE fluid build up when I slack off and don't do them. Frown  Good for you for all your recent dog rescues.  I can't pass by either when I see a lost dog - I always carry a spare leash and some dog biscuits in my car for just such emergencies.

Mary Louise - your sister's shoes record calories?  Wow.  I guess things have come a long way since Chuck Taylor sneakers!

No exercise after work last night, but I did a big grocery shopping, so I'm taking that hour in the store as walking exercise and the lugging and putting away as weight training.  Wink  15 minute Lebeds this morning and 35 minute walk.  I saw a pileated woodpecker on my walk this morning!  I was walking under a tree and heard this loud pounding just above me.  I looked up and he was in a branch not five feet above me.  They are magnificent birds.  We've spotted a pair hanging out near the cabin for the last month or so, so we're really hoping they'll nest in our woods.  

Off to the cabin this weekend.  For those who celebrate, Happy Easter!!  Hope the bunny can find us up at the cabin to leave us some chocolate eggs . . .

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

jmakj- well, I was going to go to African dance tonight..got downtown, realized I was absolutely wiped out and decided to go for tea with a friend instead..how is that for paying attention to my body....no oomph..but I did spend part of hte afternoon driving to the beach and sitting there on a blanket reading so I did something...

Natsfan- If I am up on time for the 10:30 class tomorrow am, I promise to go and try body flow..you are right..it is that feeling of having some control over my body and making it strong...enjoy your time at the cottage...good to be out in nature!

Mary Louise- love the idea of those sneakers....beats my pedometer for sure!

• slinky
    slinky Member Posts: 166
    edited April 2011

I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the stairmaster.  Tonight will be abs work and arm workout.  Feels great!

• jan508
    jan508 Member Posts: 724
    edited April 2011

I finally hired a trainer today.  Now that PS says I have no restrictions after exchange surgery I need someone to show me the way on weights.

I start this program on 5/2...can't wait!!

Jan

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Great! if you are on Tamoxifen, it will really help ensure you don't gain weight...I worked with my PM for 20 sessions or therabouts ....hope to return to it once I get the cario-ok!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2011

Did a half-hour walking in the Capitol incl two rounds of up & down stairs at N S E W.

Got in 3.9 miles (6,700 steps) today.

Sandee, enjoy yoga and Mary, I agree about Warrior 2.  Namaste!

{{hugs}} to all

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2011

Sandee, good for you for going to the beach and reading.  That is my absolute favorite thing to do.  All the negative ions from the crashing waves, the sun gently warming my body, the sound of the waves and the gulls, the smell of the ocean.......Ahhh.  So good for you.

Jen

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Jen- yeah...it helps my head for sure.....need to go again tomorrow and Sunday....need more vitamin D! Driving tired me out I think though.....really tired today so....not much in the way of exercize

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2011

Mornin' glories!  the sun is out after days of rain and the birds are literally calling.

Ruth you will see this twice but it's so cute I had to share with the Tarts!  {{hugs}}

Happy Keester

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2011

Did 20 minutes on the Wii Fit Plus so far.... mainly doing arm stuff, not too much on the legs.  Now must do a lot of running around today in preparation for Easter tomorrow!  Still rainy here - very dreary!! 

Have a great day, Tarts!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2011
    I am going to drag myself to the gym right now.Innocent
  • ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2011

Hi everyone, first wanting to wish everyone a Happy Easter.

Ruth, again, wishes for a good surgery.

Jen, I was not going to go to zumba today for hurting implant but I am going, If you can do it, so can I, except I am almost 20 years older than you. Got my new breast cancer tee shirt today and new pink zumba pants and I want to wear them. AND I WILL MASSAGE AWAY IN CLASS. As to finding dogs, I just had my Samuel microchiped. He is the neighborhood terror.

Mary, yes, what is Lebeds:

Sherry C. Thoughts out to you and your family and it is terrific having a sympathetic boss. We should always place ourselves in another's shoes. You never know.

It is absolutely ugly, rainy disgusting weather up here. Still with no kitchen, Spent 3 hours in ER with hubby Thur night. Looks like Mike Tyson beat the crap out of him, He tripped b/c he was walking with bi-focals. Eye is black/blue and swollen. Cat Scans came out fine, but he is a BABY.

I know I am missing mentioning all my friends here, but I just wanted to check in.

Love you all, Happy Easter to you and yours.

• NatureGrrl
    edited April 2011

I forgot Bobbi when I posted yesterday, Bobbi, if you're lurking, hi!! 

Ronna, yikes about DH, glad he's OK --  I have to admit I blame my bifocals for my sprained ankle -- I'm not glad others do that but it makes me feel a little less stupid when I know others have the same problem with walking and bifocals.

Badger, LOL!

Sandee, how is Mudpie?  and, did they adjust your meds so your BP isn't bothering you?

Really lovely out, I think I have to try a short walk in the woods... walking doesn't hurt too much, just driving and stairs, so it might be OK and I'll go really short.  

Jen, you're going to have to get a SuperHero cape with Super Dog Rescuer on it!

Happy Saturday, everyone...

• ruthbru
    edited April 2011

I went to gym with DH again yesterday & have been doing some very light modified toning. Company is expected any minute. I will check in again Sunday evening. Happy Easter, All! Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2011

Happy Easter to all, Badger LOL that is too cute. Went to Body Combat class this morning and I feel FABULOUS maybe I should have been a prize fighter as I just love that class. Ronna lucky we don't live close as people might think I beat your DH upLaughing all kidding aside I'm glad he is okay. I'm one of the lucky ones as the beach is less than a mile for me and I drive Pacific Coast Highway all the time, when I make that turn and see the ocean I always feel a calming come over me. Carol be careful on that walk, we don't want you to re injure yourself. Our day today is glorious so I'll send it east, it was supposed to be ugly but they got it wrong and the sun it out and the birds are chirping. For all of you on facebook, look up Golds Gym, go to Rancho Santa Margarita and there is a short video of Eduardo teaching Body Pump, they'll probably take it down soon but it was there yesterday. And Bobbi, if you're lurking I sure miss you tooFrown