Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited April 2011

Ronna/Mum/Mary Louise- good for you for being inspired to go to the gymmmmguess that is the purpose of this thread:) You are using it well!

Ruth- Glad to hear you are doing modified versions..I know it is hard not to go full tilt

Natureguurl- Mudpie is doing very well . thanks! Keeping me company and not getting too antsy yet to go outside...I fear when I open the windows and let the bird calls in that she will get antsier but will deal with that when I have to. Have to try and get a comb through her "Mattiness" or I will end up shaving her belly like I did last summer! How are YOU doing? Hope you are icing that ankle...I blamed my turned ankle on Montreal's roads and my fatigue in February...still hur tthe same though:)

Ladies...I may not have exercized today but I did walk around Chapters, the grocery store and a bit of downtown Halifax...AND I found a bra without wires that does not look like Madonna's conical bras of th 80's!! Very excited and had to share:)

Badger- LOVE the easter bums!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2011

sandeeonherown:

What is the name of your bra???

Have 10 bras so far, some are comfortable, not are not. However, I make sure to wear my Champion Sports Bra when in the gym.

Again, wishing my sisters a Wonderful Easter.

Hugs,

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

Funny you should ask...I kept the number and package for just this very conversation!. Wonderbra 2483...not wire but a comfortable 'stay't hink just along the edge...doesn't hurt like wire can....I tried botha  36 D and a 36DD....went with the 36D ( since they had no 34 DD!)...but it fit fell enough...the centre isnot right against my breastbone and bra-fitting lady said it shoold be but..close enough.

ok my typing is deteriorating so ...bed time! I wil check into the champion sports bra! what brand?

• WendyK
    WendyK Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2011

Happy Easter... Getting ready for my annual brunch of forbidden naughty foods. I did 60 cardio and 30 yoga/stretches and 15 of weights to try to combat it lol. We visited a local farm today and got to see a little lamb being born. What a miracle and wow she was on her feet fast. I kept thinking ouch for mommy sheep.

Will get out on my bike or do a walk tomorrow...Monday will do aqua fit and sleek and strong likely. I live having four days off, will try not to stuff my face with too much chocolate.

Xo Wendy

• ronqt1
    edited April 2011

Sandeeoherown:

Champion is the name of the sports bra that I wear exclusively to the gym.  I also had to wear them right after surgery. Now its regular bras for me that are snug and hold, but Champion is sold at Dicks, Sports Authority, even Lord and Taylor has them. It is an actual Sports Bra. I in no way can wear an underwire bra.

Thank you for recommending this new one. I go to a little boutique where the lady "fits me" and they specialize in mastec items. I will ask if they have that one.

Happy Easter.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

you are welcome Ronna. I will check out the bra you mention too. We do not hav eany of those stores here in on the east coast of Canada bu tI can probably find 'em on line!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2011

Hi Tarts, took a lovely walk this AM, 3.5 miles (6006 steps), brunch with family this PM.

Ruth, best wishes for tomorrow!!!    {{hugs}} to all

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited April 2011

Hey, everyone!

I walked yesterday and today, I think less than a mile total for both days, but I'm testing my ankle slowly and just enjoying being outside (and watching my feet, Undecided).  Spring wildflowers are just beginning to really open; heard my first house wren this morning, but the chimney swifts are about 10 days late coming back this year and I'm missing them.  Their song is one of those sounds that makes my heart sing.  Took a bunch of photos and just enjoyed walking.

Ruth, good luck tomorrow, and keep us posted when you have the energy/time.   I'll be sending lots of healing energy your way!

Sandee, LOL about the conical bra! Glad Mudpie is feeling her oats a bit!  I'm doing slowly better, still ice from time to time although it's purely palliative at this point (but that's OK, if it makes it feel better for a little while, that's just fine by me!).  

Lovely lovely day here -- not too warm, bits of sun and clouds, birds are singing, everything is that fresh spring green... hope it's beautiful where you are!  Happy day, everyone!

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2011

Happy Easter, Everyone:

Just a brief "fly-by" right now - will catch up on the individual threads later.

Ruth:  Good Luck tomorrow.  I'll be thinking of you (as I am sure everyone else will, too.)

Carol:  Glad you'e walking again.  Enjoy the weather.  

Badger:  Glad your walk went well.  Enjoy your brunch.

{{{HUGS}}} to Everyone.

Am off for my 5 mile jog/powerwalk.  Chery, I'll send you a wave as I go.

I'll be doing the Revlon 5 K on May 7; looking forward to it.  That's about 3 miles,  I think.

Julie

• slinky
    slinky Member Posts: 166
    edited April 2011

No exercise routine today, but I have been up since 4:30 a.m,, cleaning the house, grocery shopping and making lunch and easter eggs.  A buffet tonight and back to the gym tomorrow.  Happy Easter to all you wonderful ladies!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

natureguurl- glad to hear the ice bag is still handy....too bad we need our ankles!

skinly- up since 4am? seriously???? i think tha counts as execrize!!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2011

Hi Tarts!

Happy Easter!  

Carol, great job walking; I'll bet that made you feel so good!

Ruth check in when you can, be thinking about you all day tomorrow!

!!! just because I'm using so many today...

XO

Kim 

• Sandeeonherown
    edited April 2011

ruth - good luck tomorrow with the operation....we will be thinking of you!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited April 2011

Hi All! Well, the company has left, the dishes are in the dishwasher and the towels are in the wash. If one measures the success of a weekend by the amount of food consumed...then it was definitely a successful holiday. I didn't dare even try to log my food intake on loseit.com because I would probably have crashed the system. Bad, bad, bad. It was a beautiful day, and I did take a nice reflective walk once everyone had gone.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and support. I am having my typical 'pre-any-kind-of-surgery or dental procedure jitters' with a few morbid 'what if the surgeon sneezes right when he is making the incision, nicks a major artery and I bleed to death right on the table' thoughts. Surprised But it is uncomfortable, won't get better on its own & the sooner it's done the faster I'll feel better. So!

If I am in a lucid frame of mind, I'll post something tomorrow. If not, for sure, I will be back with you on Tuesday. Now I have to go write notes all over that say, "DON'T EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING!" and then hide the water glasses and food!!!!! 

Hugs to All! Ruth

• WendyK
    WendyK Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2011

Thinking of u Ruth

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2011

Firstly Ruth will be thinking of you tomorrow and know that all of your cyber friends are with you in spirit, hanging out together in the waiting room.  It's never easy but better it be done and over with then you can get back up to speed ((((HUG)))).

Did Body Step class today and because instructor was going to eat, eat, eat we paid the price with one tough hour of steppin' and sweatin'.  Confession time, I went to Target yesterday afternoon and amongst other things, bought myself a package of Dove chocolates those little individual ones, and ate about 8 as I was driving I finally had to throw the package in the back seat so I would stop eating - I have no self control!!!!! 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2011

Just popping in to say that I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter.  My day actually turned out great!!  A little sunshine goes a looooooong way!

((Ruth)),  we will all be holding your cyber hand, both now and during your surgery!  Get well soon!

Did not do any formal excercise today and didn't open my loseit program either .... Oh well, tomorrow is another day!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2011

Ruth will be thinking and praying for you and your Doctor tomorrow sure hope he does not sneeze. hehe. 

Sandee glad you got the OK for yoga.  I go to a class twice a week and love it.

My camping trip was just what I needed.  We rushed after taking my Dad to the Doctor on Thursday came home and left.  Had dinner at a really little funkly italian place.  The food was great.  Then did our grocery shopping.  A friend from high school came and had dinner with us on Friday night.  I have taken a nap for the last three days.  I have not done that since rads.  Don't know what I will do at work tomorrow.  Not sure my great boss will want me sleeping at my desk.  My dad is going to have surgery on Tuesday to remove the colon cancer.  They will give him about three weeks to heal and then start chemo for his lung cancer and by then they will have the path back on the colon cancer and can decide if they need to do chemo for that as well.  The only thing from what I understood the MO to say is that the chemo for lung and colon are not similar at all.  Guess we will just take it one step at a time.

Thanks for all the prayers and hope everyone has had a nice Easter!!!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2011

Walked 1.1 miles. Friday the temp. was in the 40s and today it hit 91. It was hot!

Ruth: GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU.

Sherry: I can't imagine what you are going through with you Dad's cancers. Holding your Dad and you in my thoughts.

• julie75
    edited April 2011

Hello, Everyone:

Catching up with the posts . . .Happy Easter to All.

Sandee and Cheryl: Yep, I wimped out of class Thursday night due to Obama's visit. Sounds like there was some major gridlock on the 405 and in Culver City; the city bus my friend and I take runs right through there. I've just decided against too much stress, no matter what happens. Good resolution; now let's see if I can stick to it. The class is a Bill Gates technology course; it's developing web (and other) applications with SharePoint 2010. Interesting stuff.

Faith: Agree - "normal" is just a setting on a dryer! Or, there really is a wide definition of "normal". I'm thinking of the bell curve as I type this. Very, very broad definition. Hoping you are hydrating yourself as you work out.

Kim: As Sandee says, acceptance is very difficult. I, too, am struggling with my new definition of "normal". One thing I AM doing is cutting myself more slack; hence the decision not to go to class last Thursday. Glad your med onc visit went well and that your swelling has improved and your scar is softening. I wish I had your height!!!

Ronna: Glad you are taking it ez. I see my PS Tuesday (as I think I said in my PM to you); I'll ask about keloid treatment. Sorry about your DH; I'm glad his CAT scan came out okay.

Janyce: Sounds like Spring in Connecticut; glad you enjoyed your walk.

Elimar: In for a penny, in for a pound (yikes, that's a BAD PUN!!!). Now you have to work out and let us know how things are going!

Mary Louise: Congratulations on the 650 calories burned. Excellent workout. Too bad the laundry won't provide the same amount of calories burned.

Jen: Dog Rescue Lady - good for you. So glad you found where they belonged.

Slinky: Buffet sounds good! Hope you enjoyed it.

Mary: Did the Easter Bunny leave some chocolate eggs? Hope you have woodpecking neighbors nesting near you! The L.A. Dodger thing is really something . . .

Jan: Living through you with your 5/2 workout date. I am using free weights for the extra hour that I am exercising every day; I'm up to 30 pounds of leg weights.

Badger: Love the buns! Happy walking around the Capitol.

Wendy: How did the chocolate intake go? I made chocolate chip cookie dough this weekend, and have been nibbling away at it.

Sherry: Good luck with your Dad's chemo treatments. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Wonderland: 91 degrees! Wow, send some of that out here to Southern CA! When I ran today, the wind was COLD.

Carol: Good to see you walking and enjoying Nature. Happy Earth Day to you as well.

Patoo: Congratulations on your 10,000 steps. Hope you get good weather soon.

Ruth: Per my PM, will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping everything goes well.

Hugs to Everyone Else!

Did my 5 miles running, followed by sculpt and tone. Joey, the new kitty, is settling in well. Made a quick Taco casserole tonight for part of the week.

Julie

• julie75
    edited April 2011

Wow, that was a LONG post!

• ronqt1
    edited April 2011

Good morning ladies:

Ruth, we are not going to let the doctor sneeze.

Carol: Happy belated Earth Day to you. All the trees here seemed to have bloomed overnight.Everything is green, pink, just beautiful.

Sherry: Prayers for an easy chemo for your Dad.

Julie75, Good for you on the Revlon Run. May 15 is Komen Race/Run. I am walking. Raised almost $1,000.00 for them.

MaryLousie: Yes tomorrow is always another day, so don't beat ourselves up for not "gyming" or exercising.

Was invited to go to Atlantic City today, but would miss Zumba tonight if I went.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2011
    ((((Ruth)))) thinking of you and no doctor achooSealed
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2011

{{Ruth}} thinking of you this morning.

My carpool rider took today off so I did too, it's too expensive to drive in alone.  Ended up taking a nice long walk 5.71 miles (9,801 steps) on a beautiful spring morning.  Was thinking of you all as I did some extra loops in the little nature park on the outskirts of town.  The northeast quadrant is bounded by pine trees that smell great warmed by the morning sun filtering through.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!  {{hugs}} to all

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2011

Ruth - I sent some virtual Zirtec to your surgeon so no sneezes!  Laughing

Sherry - you're going through a lot with your dad.  Hope chemo goes well.  

Julie - good for you for making the "no stress" decision.  I need to do that more.  

Badger - great that you're getting some springtime!!

Cheryl - I LOOOOOVE those little Dove chocolates - the dark chocolate ones will be ruin of me.

Ronna - poor dh!  Hope the bruising is going down.  

Good weekend at the cabin - lots of gardening, and for those of you who remember me describing the cabin, "gardening" there means moving rocks.  You stick the shovel in to dig a hole and you immediately hit bread-loaf size rocks, so you have to dig around them then pry them out of the ground.  I've never had a 36" pry-bar as a standard part of my gardening tools, but I do now!  The good part is that all my gardens are edged with beautiful stones, and as I do more gardening, I just keep adding to the stones.  Now I know why there are stone walls all over the place up there. 

No Easter Eggs were left at the cabin, but I have to hit the CVS after work and figure they'll be half price today!  Wink

Cool sighting this weekend - a bald eagle!!  We were heading up I-270, a major route out of DC.  We were crossing the Monocacy river when I saw a bird perched high in a tree.  At first I thought it was a red-tailed hawk, but it was way too big for that.  Then I thought it might be a vulture, so I looked at its head to see if it was a turkey vulture or a black vulture.  But instead of a naked vulture head, this bird had a full head of white feathers!  I was so excited and absolutely speechless - I couldn't even get out the words fast enough to tell DH before we'd driven by it.  Amazing to see one of them perched next to a busy interstate!

15 minute Lebeds this morning, plus a 35 minute walk.  I saw three deer this morning - they just stood on the sidewalk and stared at me, one stamped her foot at me, then they finally ambled off when I got about 20 feet away. 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2011

(((hugs out to Ruth)))

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited April 2011

Hi All! Just popping by quickly before I zone out again. Surgery went fine; I told the doctor to make sure not to sneeze and he didn't. Whew! It was, indeed, a simple hernia as diagnosed.....no bad suprises. Whew again!  I'm sitting here in the recliner with a bag of frozen peas on my abdomen and a bottle of pain pills in my hand, ready for a nap. Thank you, thank you for all your caring and concern. Much love to all! Ruth

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2011

Glad there were no suprises and that the Doctor did not sneeze, Whew!!!! Hope you heal quickly

• julie75
    edited April 2011

Hello, Everyone:

Ruth:  Glad to "see" you!!!  Our prayers worked; I'm so grateful there were no surprises.  We're becoming intimately familiar with frozen peas.

Ronna:  Good for you, walking in the Komen.  I looked for that one out here; the closest is in San Diego, which I'm going to have to think about.  

Badger:  Glad you enjoyed your walk.

Mary:  WOW!!!  Seeing a bald eagle!  That is fantastic.  Even when going into the wilderness, they are difficult to find.  Don't think I've ever seen one outside of a zoo.

Sherry:  Responded to your PM.

{{{HUGS}}} to Everyone Else.  

Ran 4.6 miles today; will sculpt and tone for an hour tonight.

• elmcity69
    elmcity69 Member Posts: 320
    edited April 2011

Yeah, Ruth! So happy to hear everything went well....you'll be back running around before you know it. xo

50 minute brisk walk today - now off to do squats and some ab work.

12 days and counting to yoga again!Laughing

janyce