Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• WendyK
    WendyK Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2011

Thank god the chiro fixed my back..god bless him. Today did a 20 min with the grade 7 class in their zumba class and a 30 min biggest loser cardio DVD. It was a tough one.name me sweat big time. Busy running my son to sports...froze at soccer.

Wendy

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited May 2011

Update:

Just wanted to let everyone know that when I saw Dr. Ondreyco (oncologist) she referred me back to the radiologist to see if I can have radiation again to take care of the pain I have been experiencing. Dr Richmond (radiologist) said I cannot do radiation I have reached my max. So then both Dr.'s referred me to see an Orthopedic Surgeon. I did see him yesterday and had some x-rays done. Dr. Seidel (surgeon) says I need to have surgery for my hip/leg on the left side. He will burrow out the bone marrow and some of the bone that the cancer has been eating away. Then they will place a rod in my hip and one down my whole leg close to my knee attached to two screws. I am lucky cause I have not fractured my leg or hip which is better cause I will not have to do a replacement. Surgery is an hour long, hospital stay is 1 - 2 days will be walking right away and out of pain. Is that amazing or what! I am not looking forward to another surgery yet I am looking forward to being out of pain and off pain meds. Thank you for your support and prayers

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited May 2011

Thanks for the update, Elizabeth. Although that does not sound one bit fun; if you can be walking right away and, especially, if you can be rid of the pain, that would be outstanding! When do you have the surgery?

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2011

Elizabeth ~ that IS amazing, prayers and gentle {{hugs}} headed your way.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2011

Elizabeth so good to hear from you and glad to know the surgery will give you pain relief, it's amazing that you'll be walking right away, you will truly be a bionic woman. How is Miss Aubrey? I'll bet she is growing like topsy.

Julie will be thinking of you on Saturday as you do the run/walk, are you in a team or are you doing it alone? It's at the Coliseum right? I sure hope we get that predicted drop in temperature cause it sure has been hot these past few days. Mary I agree those makeovers were amazing, I wish Tim Gunn would wave a magic wand around me sometimeKiss

Tonight I did Body Combat class, my quads are still sore from Mondays spin class, you would think with all I do this wouldn't happen but I guess it means I'm actually workingEmbarassed. Nite all.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited May 2011

Good to hear from you Elizabeth.(((hugs))) Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2011

Elizabeth - so good to hear from you!  Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.  I know it's a different surgery, but I have had 2 friends who have had their hips replaced.  Both of them said the post-surgical pain was so much less than the pain they had before that they rarely even used their push-button IV pain meds in the hospital.  I'm hoping you'll get the same kind of relief.

I did lunchtime 1 hour yoga yesterday, then 15 minute Lebeds and 30 minutes weights/resistance this morning.  

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2011

Quickly passing by but you all have me motivated to make it to the pool after work.  I'll let you know if I really make it (and posting here will probably push me to do so!).

Later - and thanks.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited May 2011

Taking tomorrow off and hoping to go to a 4:30 flow class....tired tired tired!

• slinky
    slinky Member Posts: 166
    edited May 2011

No workout today - I had a fill yesterday and didn't have a good sleep because of the pain.  I might go less for the next fill - which will mean I will need two more fills.  I can't torture myself anymore!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited May 2011

Very nice here. Took a little walk and waved some weights around. DS moved home from college today for the summer, so I am doing mounds of laundry (literally!). Patoo, I'm watching for the pool report!!

• badger
    edited May 2011

Skipped yoga class tonight because it was just too nice to go indoors after work.  I dropped off my car for an oil change appt (tomorrow), then walked home and kept on walking.  My rider has tomorrow off so I took a vacation day as it's too expensive to drive in alone.  I will practice yoga at home to make up for it.

Had that wedding shower today so no noon walk (the flourless brownies were very good) but per the pedo I logged 2 miles (3,435 steps) just walking around the office.  With my 80-min afternoon walk, my stats for the day are: 7 miles / 12,012 steps / 1 hour 20 mins

You guys are the best ~  {{hugs}} to all

• Faithroad
    Faithroad Member Posts: 165
    edited May 2011

Only got in a 1.5 mile walk at noon.  No eliptical tonight. 
    My excuse:
    Worked at my church for an hour and then computer problems,on the phone with the Geek Squad for an hour, then on the phone with my cable company.  Finally the cable company fixed the problem, much cheaper than Geek Squad. 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2011

Great to hear from you Elizabeth - keep us posted on the surgery!

Today I was able to get outside and walk..... wow have I missed it!  I am feeling a lot better today - have been so worried about the pain in my hip.  Got a "normal" result today from the Xray that I had on Monday night.  At least now, I am not afraid to make it worse by continuing to work out - so I guess I will now HAVE to get myself motivated again to excercise.  Still logging on loseit.com and hoping to lose those pesky extra 2 pounds that I have been carrying around since Easter.  THEN I am hoping to continue on the downward path!  Cool

Patoo - did you get to the pool??

Ruth - hope you are feeling more like yourself..... how long will you have excercise restrictions?  

• Linda_Lee
    Linda_Lee Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2011

I walked to work today for the first time since my diagnosis almost three years ago!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2011

Body Combat class again tonight with the wonderful Eduardo, was tired beforehand but I came out fighting once that music started up.

Good for you Linda it's not easy to start but you did it, what a beautiful avatar. Patoo hope you made it to class. Mary Louise it's amazing how a little sunshine helps lift your mood, and I'm glad that your hip is okay. Happy laundering Ruth, Hannah comes home next week, hard to believe her first year has just flown by.

Hey Linda Lee look we are almost identical twins in our timeframe and diagnosis.....

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited May 2011

I did NOT want to work out today, but I went to the gym anyway and did 40 minutes on the eliptical.

• mumito
    edited May 2011
    Packjen I know how you feel but we will drag our butts into the gym because we know we will feel better after.Tongue out
  • badger
    edited May 2011

... and these are the voices that get us up and moving ... g'day Tarts!

The sun's up, the birds are singing, and I already want to get out and walk.

Just need to finish my morning cuppa Innocent

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2011

Spring really does get you out and moving, doesn't it?  I really hated this winter and am SO glad to be able to get out and walk again. Linda - hooray for you for taking that first step!  Mary Louise - great on the normal x-ray result.  Yep, no more excuses!!  Surprised  Cheryl - you and Linda are practically twins.  And it's amazing how the right music can get you up and going.  I love my iPod while ellipticalling.  Yay Packjen for getting out there.  Someone once said to me, "There are many times when I have regretted not working out, but I've never regretted working out."  I always try to remember that on the days when I don't feel like working out.  Agreed Badger on dragging our butts out there because we fear The Voices emanating from this thread telling us to get out and get going!  It's just too embarassing to report back here with nothing, so out we go.

Speaking of walking I did a 2 mile walk last night.  Of course it was a walk down to the local Mexican restaurant to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, so between the margaritas and chips I pretty much undid the good of walking there. But it was fun!  

15 minute Lebeds this morning, plus 30 minutes weights/resistance.

Off to the cabin this weekend.  We bought 4 mountain laurel bushes that I need to plant.  I'll have my pry bar ready!!  Laughing

• badger
    edited May 2011

well The Voices got me to do 4.5 miles (7,725 steps)  1.25 hours

but I will need to get back out later cuz that gets me to 899.75 miles toward my goal

I knew I should've gone around the block once more... oh well ... mile 900 later today

going to get some gardening & yard work done today, put up peony cages, etc.

but right now I'm going to spend a few minutes with DH before he goes to work.  TTFN

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited May 2011

Hi Tarts-

Well, I tried to catch up quickly and have failed.  Lots going on here!

EB Ann (Elizabeth), great to hear from you! Your medical/surgical team sounds very good; and I echo what Ruth said-hopefully this will get you back in the game without a broken hip.  I am so grateful you didn't break it!  Keep checking in if you get a chance, it is wonderful to hear from you.

Younger son was home all last week during his week break before the May term...final month of college and he graduates.  I was busy helping him get resumes out.  

My girlfriend who teaches spin had to go out of town last week, so she asked me to teach two of her spin classes...that was fun but so much harder when you are on the bike in front of everyone...you can't fake it very well.

Cheryl, I pulled my back out gardening as well, and I am wussing though the week.  

OOps doorbell I'll get back here soon.!

Kim 

• badger
    edited May 2011

walked to get my car and although not far it was enough wahoo 900 miles!

5.4 miles / 9,275 steps / 1.5 hours so far today, now lunch and a nap  :-)

• patoo
    edited May 2011

YES!  I did make it to the pool so that was a one hour workout.  I do enjoy water aerobics but also love walking outside now that the weather is nice.  I could actually walk to the pool but did that once and hated having to lug heavy water laden swimsuit, water shoes and towel back home. 

Westher is beautiful today so planning on walking after work (but not to the pool!)

• elmcity69
    elmcity69 Member Posts: 320
    edited May 2011

elizabeth, prayers and thoughts for you...good luck, keep us posted!

nats fan - whew, you pack a lot of exercise in one day. you are inspiring me! why shouldn't i do yoga AND crunches? oh jeez.

badger - went back to yoga today for the first time in 6 weeks - HAPPY!!!!a really vigorous vinyasa. i felt like jelly at a few points, but otherwise,it felt like the best homecoming. i thought of you.

ruth - good to hear you are doing well.

hbcheryl - your bodycombat class sounds awesome.

to all the others, and i can't always keep track b/c of chemo brain - rock on. this is the best thread on here!

hugs to all of you

janyce

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited May 2011

Hello, Everyone:

Trying to catch up on all posts . . .

Elizabeth:  {{{HUGS}}} and prayers for you; sending thoughts of strength.  Avoiding a broken hip is fantastic; good luck with your surgery!  As everyone else said, please keep us posted.

Ruth:  Well, I can't go to North Carolina for my onc. appt., but so much is going on that I'm distracted anyway.  Glad you're up and around, getting gentle exercise.

hbCheryl:  Regarding the Revlon walk, I'm on the Torrance Memorial Medical Center team, where I had my breast cancer surgery.  Yes, we do end up in the Coliseum. 

Sandee:  Did you get your flow class in?  Sending you some energy.

badger;  Wow, you're on a roll!  Good for you.  Glad the weather back there is cooperating better.

packjen, badger and mumayam:  You guys are SO right about getting off of our butts and pushing ourselves to do exercise.  Can't tell you the number of times I've wanted to stay put, with "I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this" thoughts, but glad I can still motivate myself to go.

patoo:  Glad you are better (allergies okay?) and doing your swimming and walking.

Linda Lee:  Welcome, and congratulations on your walk to work!  Good for you.

Kim:  Hope the resumes and the spin classes went well. 

Mary:  Have fun planting the mountain laurel bushes.  Even though you enjoyed your Cinco de Mayo food, you did exercise - it counts.  

Mary Louise:  Congratulations on the good xray results.  I'm sure the 2 lbs. will come quickly as you exercise.

slinky:  Sorry about your fill pains.  Hope the next fills go better; sounds like a good plan - not filling as much.

Wendy:  Glad your back is better and you're able to exercise.

Faith:  Yep, stupid computers will get you at times.  Sounds like you've resolved the issues.

janyce:  YEAH!!!  Finally back at yoga.  Good for you.  

Well, did I leave anyone out?  My apologies if I did . . .

Did my 4.6 mile walk today at noon.  Will do my weights tonight, even though Voices are nagging me to just rest - NOT!

Keep up the good work, Everyone.  I'll be back online later this weekend.

. . . and, this will be another long post!

{{{HUGS}}}

Julie

• mumito
    edited May 2011
    Got my butt into the gym 4 days this week but my hip bursitis is really flaring. Yell I hate feeling like an old woman at 51.Have been working hard and eating right and still will look like a pregnant cow for my daughters wedding in June. Sorry ladies just need to vent.
  • badger
    edited May 2011

mum it's so hard, I'm also 51 and have a pot belly and lunch lady arms, I hate it too Yell

I'm thinking of putting a jewel in my navel and taking up belly dancing, what'cha think? Laughing

• patoo
    edited May 2011

Vent on, Mum, as we can all relate.  I've been taking off and putting back on the same 3 lbs for a few weeks.  The belly just laughs at me.  I get motivated when they seem to be coming off but then frustrated and goof off when nothing happens.  But I'm determined to continue on because it can't be so much about the belly but more about a healthy lifestyle.

Went out and walked for about an hour after work.  Will try and get to the pool tomorrow morning and maybe walk some later in the day.  Have a birthday party in-between so perhaps sandwiching it between exercising won't do too much damage.

Badger, if I put a jewel in my navel it will just pop out as soon as I take a breath.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2011

Just a quick check in to give me some motivation to go downstairs to the treadmill for a bit...... OK  NOW I am going to get changed and GO!!!  Thanks!