Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited May 2011

Good evening!  Wow, you are all so active.  It's wonderful!

I did Kathy Smith step video this morning.  But prior to that I had a tragedy occur.  My beloved Firm Cardio Step Mix tape (vhs dinosaur) broke.  It's my all time favorite tape and now it's gone!  Sooo sad.  I'll be stalking ebay for a while to try to find a replacement!

I've been spending time with a friend to is recovering from colon cancer surgery.  She's walking slowly and slowly getting better.  Slow and easy does the trick!

Be well all and keep up the energy--you all inspire me!

Lorrie 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2011

Got out walking tonight for an hour and ten minutes.... felt GREAT!

Julie - Congrats on the good news!!  I did get my xrays done, but was told that everything looked normal. Stopped excercising for a week and the pain really subsided....... so now am slowly working up the amount of time excercising per day to see what aggravates my hip!!  No surgery, but you may be thinking of Elizabeth who is getting surgery soon.

Mary, I recently saw a story here about the Toronto Blue Jays having a Bat Girl. I think it was on Mother's day WeekEnd and she is a breast cancer survivor also!  I thought of you telling us about being the batgirl once!

Great to see Bobcat back and still moving and also great to see Morgan again.

Ruth - glad you are getting around a little better - can't keep YOU down for long! 

Patoo - glad to hear that you are getting back into the swing of things again.  Is your trip not coming up soon?

To everyone else - Great Job!!  Keep moving and you will always feel better!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2011

Sherry, thanks for the suggestion, I had signed up for loseit.com and posted to it for about a month.  Found it helpful to track my food patterns (way too much snacking).  But it was a total PITA to log every morsel.  If my weight doesn't budge in the next couple weeks, I may try it again.  But I will keep moving, it's right on to say it always makes me feel better!

Walked at lunch time today and wound up on the Capitol's 6th floor observation deck that just opened for the season.  Had never been up there and I will go back.  Great view 360 degrees, nice breeze, sun on one side and shade on the other, and wonderful architecture and statues. 

Yoga class tonight, done with Thursdays now until Sept. Frown

4.25 miles / 7,301 steps / 1.5 hours       {{hugs}} to all

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited May 2011

More fun animal quotes: 

"If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
    - Mark Twain

"You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals."- George Mikes

"Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you."- Mary Bly

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow. "- Jeff Valdez"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
  • ruthbru
    edited May 2011

Hi to Bobbi. Congratulations on your Graduate!!! Enjoy all the surrounding festivities.

45 minutes medium-slow treadmill. No spring fever here....a high of 45 degrees is expected tomorrow.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2011

Tonight I did spin class and my oh my my legs really know they have workedTongue out

Whew Julie, glad it's over and everything is good. Ronna I'm sorry to hear about your knee, prednizone works great but it made me hungry so I hope you don't have that SE. Badger/Sherry, have a look through your PBS programs as quite often they have yoga also if you have cable FIT TV has different types of yoga that can keep you going until your programs start up again. Lorrie if you have a Tuesday Morning near you they always seem to have the Firm DVDs, you might find one there. So great to hear from Bobbi, and big congratulations to Nils. Ruth come to So Cal the sun is shining, when is school letting out for the summer? Sandee where are you?????

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2011

Good to hear everyone doing so well!  I did 15 minutes Lebeds and 30 minutes weights/resistance this morning.  I also tried doing the tabata interval workout on the elliptical again.  Lesson learned - don't try to do a tabata workout AFTER doing another workout - I only made it through two cycles (yes, I only lasted a minute Surprised).  OK, now I'm determined to keep at this until I can do the full 8 intervals!

All was well at my onc's yesterday.  We'll see what the bloodwork holds, although we all know those tumor marker tests are really imprecise so they don't show that much anyway.  But we'll see how the rest of the blood panel goes.  She's also running Vitamin D levels - I've been really good about supplementing, so we'll see what my levels are.  But unless something happens in the meantime, I don't have to go back for 6 months.  Woohoo!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited May 2011

Julie hooray on the bloodwork and no new bumps.  We like those kind of visits.  My Dad is healing very well from surgery.  His MO gave him stronger pain meds for his rib mets and they must be working better because he has gone outside two days in a row and move the sprinkler around.  He has not done that in ages.

Well the only thing that got exercise last night was my finger clicking on the computer.  Had to help my mom install a new printer and try to get her computer up to date.  Did not finish so will have to go back on Saturday.  Really don't know why I do this for her she is afraid to use the computer so it will just sit there.  awh the things we do for our parents.

• badger
    edited May 2011

hey ladies, it's a rainy day here but that's OK, it's cooled down considerably

headed over to the Capitol for lunchtime exercise - walking & stair-climbing

4.05 miles / 6,950 steps / 45 mins of active exercise today

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  {{hugs}} to all

• elmcity69
    elmcity69 Member Posts: 320
    edited May 2011

badger, yes, i am SO HAPPY to be back on the mat. trying to master a headstand...was going well with it before surgery, now back to square 2. (lol). tried it in the backyard tuesday and whoops! flipped right over. jeez. love reading about your steps and yoga!

natsfan: yeah on getting through your onc appointment! yes, enjoy the 6 month spans!

cheryl- the spinning sounds awesome every time i read your posts.

ruth: my favorite cat saying is, "dogs have owners. cats have staff."  boy, is that true in this (2 cat) house!

50 bicycle crunches (ow), 50 squats - yesterday did some lovely vinyasa....

hugs to all - love everyones' posts, even if i don't always "respond"..

j

• ruthbru
    edited May 2011

1 hour on the treadmill & 15 minutes of very light weights.

I had a hard day. My biopsy friend had bad news. I spent last night trying to gather information for her; went into work at 6:30 this morning & printed off information, tips etc. We got together after work and I tried to give her good advice and support. I do think that just talking to someone who has 'been there, done that' is very helpful and she has a good 'get in there, get this done attitude' which will serve her well. But I hate that anyone has to take this journey. Also a couple kids I work with are having some real problems (family/emotional/behavioral), and I am feeling rotten as they are situations which are out of my control to 'make better'. AND to make matters worse, tonight drowned my sorrows in plum sauce at a Chinese Buffet!!!!!

• badger
    edited May 2011

{{Ruth}} it's rough when you care about people and crappy things happen to them

sorry I wish that plum sauce counted as a serving of fruit

I am sipping a glass of wine tonight and it's not fruit either but oh boy it's good

• ruthbru
    edited May 2011
    What are you talking about? Plums are fruit, wine is made from grapes.......we are definitely consuming fruit!!!!! Wink
  • badger
    edited May 2011
    LOLOLOLOL Laughing
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2011

Hi all.  Got to the gym tonight.  Did 5 mins on torture elliptical; 10 mins on stat bike; 20 mins on treadmill and 20 mins on weight machines.  Benn a long time since I've done that at the gym, mainly just went in the pool.  Felt good but will probably go back in pool tomorrow. 

Enjoy the weekend my sculpted friends.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2011

Hope the allergies are settling down, patoo!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2011

Thanks ruthbru.  They seem to be one day on, one day off now, so today was a pretty good day.  Hopefully it will all be gone soon.  I think next year I will go for an allergy shot as this has been a pretty miserable few weeks.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2011

the shot would be worth a try, I can't imagine that it would make you any more miserable than you already are. When is your trip?

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    edited May 2011

I made it two blocks and back, yahoo!!!!  I had chemo today so I didnt wanna push it to far.  I was pooped out by the time I got home, but I still felt good that I got up and did it!

Ruth I bet your buddy was so grateful for all you did for her.  Its nice to have someone who knows what our going thru to help you along the way.  Bless you for all that you did!!  I agree on the fruit outlook.  I do that with chocolate.  It comes from a bean, right? Theres my veggie, lol.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2011

Good going, Paula. I think I will go eat some chocolate and drink some wine, as I really should eat more fruits and vegetables!!!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited May 2011

Walked downtown and out for thai food and then back....walked up and down the school all day so i figured I clocked in about 7000 steps there....not much else.....but th eweather is lifint so I am hopeful

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited May 2011

Ruth -- This headline just in:

"Study Finds Teacher Appreciation Meals Are ZERO Calories"

It's true.  Look it up.  At least that's what I'm telling both of my girls' teachers when I bring them lunch on Tuesday.

I've taken a few days off of exercising.  Partly due to frustration on not losing weight lately and partly from being tired from new Rx for Effexor to help the hot flashes.  Will start again on Monday.

Keep up the good work ladies.

• fmakj
    edited May 2011

Walked about 90 minutes yesterday and then came home and had one of those giant double chocolate muffins!!   BUT, I did log it into loseit.com and managed to still have calories left over to eat (I didn't though - too guilty!) Embarassed

Packjen - try to do some walking or other cardio that does not involve weights or toning for a few days to see if that helps (gotta keep moving at least!) Cool

Paula - Good Work!!  A little bit of moving every day and in a few weeks you will be amazed how good you are feeling!  Keep it up!  Wasn't that your LAST chemo!!!!!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    edited May 2011

Thanks Mary Louise!  Yes it was my last chemo.  The Taxol SE arent as brutal as the AC SE are, so I was able to get out there and do a few blocks.  This morning is a different story but I am doing loads of laundry today.  I walk up and down several steps so I chalk it up to that. But I am doing something and am tuckered out but feel good at the same time, weird huh.

• badger
    edited May 2011

hi ladies, slept in this morning, first time in a long time.  Heard the Voices even before I saw the weather radar and possible rain headed this way.  So after breakfast I got my butt outside for a nice long walk.  Now I'm thinking about lunch and a nap. 

6.5 miles / 11,155 steps / 1.5 hours

Congrats Paula you're now PFC (post final chemo) - yay!    {{hugs}} to all

• badger
    edited May 2011

hi all, woke up to cold rain, but then it got nice and I got out for a walk

6.7 miles / 11,509 steps / 2 hours

the lilacs are in bloom - heavenly!

• fmakj
    edited May 2011

Did some toning today with a FIRM workout video.  I'm sure I will feel it some time tomorrow afternoon!!  Also doing the "fold and tone" (laundry) today..... keeps me going up and down stairs though!

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited May 2011

Wow, I miss two days and I'm 26 posts behind!

I did no workout on Friday, but I did play mini golf and the driving range.  Does that count?

Saturday I did my 1 hour circuit training.  But no exercise today.  :(

Have a great rest of the day!

Lorrie 

• ruthbru
    edited May 2011

Walked some at a normal pace and did very light toning, still get a sharp 'twinge/yeouch' feeling if I try anything more strenuous.....time, time, time..... Since the sun was actually out and the temperature was above 60, I finally got out the spring/summer clothes. To my complete suprise and amazemnt, half of my capris and all of my shorts, except one pair, are TOO BIG!!!!!!!! So even though I haven't lost hardly any weight; all the exercise has been paying off, and I really need to go shopping for the next size DOWN, how cool is that?!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2011

Woohooooo Ruth that is fabulous, congratulations. Well no formal exercise today but I have spent nearly the entire day cleaning my bathroom and I mean CLEANING I went through every drawer and the medicine cabinet, I mean why do I keep every little free bag that comes with make-up but they're gone now and I hate to confess this but I had medication that had expired in 2001 yikes!!! Anyways all that stuff is in a plastic bag to take over to the city for disposal and you can even run your white glove over the top of the shower stall.

Yesterday I went to a Health and Fitness expo and they had 2 different rooms with all different classes all day long it was so much fun, they even had a pole dancing class - no I didn't try that one, but I did Zumba and Ballet Barre and Capo X and today my lower abs are on fire and if you ever see a program called BBX it is the bomb, I could do the part of it but when they went down on the floor you had to jump your legs out then together then up and I'm too old for that but altogether it was a really fun day.