Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited June 2011

pacjen I am an ancestry.com freak myself.  I have spent years doing family research for my family and my husbands family.  No one else cares anything about it and now I think who can I leave all this great info too that will appreciate it.  Hopefully some of the next generation coming up will be interested.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2011

no exercize today as I feel pretty lousy....people were sick at work this week and did not go home and voila....I now feel achey (and whiney!)....went out and rowed with the Bosom Buddy dragon boat crew last night....rowed on the bc/heart side and today....feel much looser than last night. Excellent exercize! Think  Ihave found a new thing to do Mondays and Thursdays!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited June 2011

Ok, dove right back into exercise with a 4 mile jog and gym with weights and now I have a bad, bad headache.  Boo Hoo.  I think I will be going to bed extremely early tonight! YAY!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2011

Came home tonight and just flopped down on the couch.  May try and force myself downstairs later on the treadmill but can't promise.  If all else fails will walk in place during the news later.   We'll see.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited June 2011

30 minute walk, 30 minutes pilates, and a whole lot of window washing.

Patoo, I am channeling your conscience, and it is saying, "EXERCISE!"

• Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

Walked to the video store and back at a fast clip! Then watched a weird movie with my pal and her daughter...does resistig the chips as the bag was passed to me count as exercize?

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Of course, it's the hardest exercise for me!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

Excellent...then that means I did do a bit today:) thanks Ruth!!! how are you feeling these days?

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Great; about 80% of normal.....but anything they can just fix, and then you get better; is awesome in my book!!!!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

Absolutely. Glad to hear you are recovering!  I know how frustrating it is>>>

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

We'll get there!

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2011

Yesterday I was feeling kind of blah, so only 150 stomach crunches, 400 leg lifts w/resistance bands and 20 minutes on the eliptical.

It is pouring down rain here.  We have not had any warm weather yet this Spring.   They are calling it Junuary.  UGH.

• patoo
    edited June 2011

Only walked a little last night before bed.  Had to work from home today.  Was supposed to only be about an hour and, of course, systems problems meant it took 7 hours instead!!!  Dropping DS off at the movies in a bit so will walk around the mall, Shop&Sculpt, while I wait for him.

Enjoy your weekend my schulpte friends.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

packjen- you continue to inspire me!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2011

Just back from Madison and the Race for the Cure.  What a nice day!  Walked with my MIL and SIL on a 5K through mostly residential neighborhoods and along the lakeshore with a gorgeous view of the Capitol and downtown. Several kindly souls put on their sprinklers, it was hot and sunny. How long has it been since you ran through a sprinkler (on purpose) to cool down?

The news tonight said there were 12,000 participants and of those 900 were survivors. 

Did a lot of walking between yesterday and today: 13.2 miles / 4 hours of exercise

• Sherryc
    edited June 2011

Had a a busy workday outside today.  I live in a house that was built in 1884.  Has a hug porch across the front that wraps around the entire side of the house.  Sits on the corner and with traffic plus oak and pecan trees it gets pretty dirty.  So DH and I got the powerwasher out today and cleaned the porch.  We actually had to mop down the sideing and the porch itself.  Took us 4 hours and we were beat when it was done.  But it does look so much better.  Now that the wicker furniture is clean I can sit out there and enjoy it again.  Then did other odd jobs outside with hubby.  Good thing I take Celebrex for my hip it may just help my muscles not get so sore.  Guess I will now in the morning.  So that was my workout today.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Cleaned the front hall closet (home of discarded shoes and sweat shirts) the furnace room (home of spooky things), walked to my dad's for coffee, and did a 40 minute FIRM toning tape, went out for supper where I had a fantastically 'bad for me' dinner of steak, shrimp, and baked potatoes with butter AND sour cream! Good job on the walk, Badger!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2011

badger: thanks for walking in the Komen Walk! The sprinkler sounds delightful.

Sherry: now you can enjoy your porch all summer.

Ruth: decluttering AND a delicious meal all in one day - Nice!

Walked/ran 2 miles at the park. A good day to sweat!

• badger
    edited June 2011

Hi Tarts, happy Sunday, it's beautiful here.  Got out early this morning and walked.  Some very nice people walk their dogs in my little park.  We 'regulars' kind of know one another and exchange hellos.  The other day, one of them said to me, "You look much better this summer."  I said thanks and I was doing chemo last summer and she said oh we wondered.  Nice to know people care, even if it's behind your back.  LOL!  We chatted for a moment and agreed on the value of moving for semi-creaky middle-aged women.  :-) 

4.7 miles / 1.25 hours

• emrald
    emrald Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011

hi ..pls ..do aerobics cause swelling in the arm ..its been two years to my lumpectomy... recently started half an hour aerobics follwed by an hour stretches...help :)

• badger
    edited June 2011

hi emrald, welcome to BCO, sorry you find yourself here.  Sorry I don't do aerobics but wanted to respond to you.  Hopefully, someone else will be along soon to answer your question.  {{hugs}}

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Hi emrald, I do aerobics all the time and have been fine. Just like with anything else, start slowly and work your way into it. BUT, if your arm is actually swelling, then you will want to get it checked out.

Beautiful day here; worked in the yard, walked for 45 minutes & did 35 minutes of  FIRM, 'Hard Core Fushion' (minus the bounce). Hope everyone had a good weekend! Ruth 

• patoo
    edited June 2011

Hi all.  No "official" exercise today, just a lot of movement during praise and worship at church this morning then walking around the supermarket for about 45 mins.  But came home and ate myself stupid so today is a wash!  Planning on water aerobics tomorrow evening.

emraid, like ruthbru said, be careful.  Head over to the lymphedema thread and read/ask there as it can flare up at anytime, even years later.  Please take care of it early.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011
    Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you; but as I was heading toward a walking trail this afternoon, a car of (no doubt visually impaired) young men drove past and wolf-whistled at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue out
  • Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

emrald- exercizing seems to help my arm...last week and the 8 weeks I could not go to weight class, my arm was sore and puffy..last week I did pump class, the arm bike 2x and rowed for an hour and NO PAiN!!! just be sure o stretch before and after to ensure all is well. My BS said ' go for it!". Marlegal may have more information for you if you are concerned about swelling etc.

Walked a ton today..to the park and back and then downtown and back..ate good food (a jamaican breakfast and vietnamese l-upper) and did a bit of work..not too much. also lay in the sun ...my face is feeling the affects of vitamin d an dnot enough Beaver brand sun block! (no parabins!)

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2011

Ruth: you sexy thing you!

Sandee: wonderful variety of food today!

Walked/ran 2 miles today with dh. Earlier this afternoon I gave myself a body wave. My beautiful chemo curls have been gone for quite awhile and I needed that extra body in my hair. It's hot and humid today. You can imagine how my hair smells from sweating during my walk! Luckily there weren't many people at the park. Tongue out

• coraleliz
    coraleliz Member Posts: 158
    edited June 2011

I ran 40 minutes in the rain & it fely GR8T!! I usually doesn't rain here in June. I'm going to sneak away to the gym for my upper extremity work, as well as ab/back/core. I don't do the same workout everyday but I seldom miss a day.

• Sherryc
    edited June 2011

Did the bicyling through the park and did it 5 minutes faster than the other day and was not near as winded.  I am sure doing it later when it was not as hot helped.  Tuesday I have an appt with the BS so will go the althetic store and buy me a helmet.  Then I will feel comfortable going in more places. 

Ruthbru-Woohoooooooooooo on the whistle, you go girl

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2011

Hello everyone, just a fly by as I still have company but I have been doing my classes daily and on Friday I went to Pump for the first time in 2 months my wrist still hurts but I bought a brace and used hand weights for the bicep track and I got through. Yesterday I laid sod, my neighbor helped me, I did some last weekend and mine is all bumpy but she's a perfectionist so we had to spend hours getting the ground completely level, but it's done and looks great, now on to a veggie garden.

Ruth I cleaned like a fool doing the exact same things you're doing before all my company arrived, even scraping the window tracks hmmmm where did all that dirt come fromSurprised and wolf whistles, all that time with Richard is paying off. Sandee great that you've got the clearance to exercise again and what yummy food choices, we had an old fashioned Roast dinner tonight pumpkin, parsnips, potato and a lovely joint and of course gravy I'm going to have to go on a diet once everyone leaves. Sherry your house sounds wonderful and now you can enjoy sitting on the porch. Badger congratulations on the walk and running through sprinklers is a great bonus, sometimes it's great to do silly things and I don't know about you but as I age I don't care what people think I'm me take me or leave me - no skin off my nose. Emrald I do some sort of aerobics 5/6 days a week be careful and be sure to stretch.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2011

Yesterday I did 2 hours of biking, mostly in the woods, and 30 minutes upper body workout in the garden with my new TRX. I could supervise my daughter with her schoolwork while exercising outside!