Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2011

Last day at the gym before leaving for 7 weeks.  Did a 45 min Cardio Dance class that kicked my butt.  Spent about 15 of those minutes just making up my own steps because I couldn't follow the leader!  Then 200 stomach crunches.  I bought a bicycle yesterday so I could ride with the family on the trip.  Had to put the worlds largest seat on it so that my toosh doesn't ache.  Took the dog for a 3/4 mile run/ride.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited June 2011

Jen were are ya'll going for 7 weeks.  Sounds nice to get away for that long.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2011

packjen/Natsfan- I contacte dthe local breast cancer group and asked if anyone knew of a BC dragon boat crew....somewhere in the back of my head I knew there was one...remember thinking last summer when I was diagnosed that I may not be a runner but I thought I could row for awareness....it is great....I am ambidexterous so I am rowing one night on the right and one night on the left!...keep it all balanced....they are quite a social group too so once I feel more comfortable with folks, I may join them for coffee after Saturday's row. it is not really hard...but it is a full hour of concentration for sure...will stay in the recreation boat until I figure out my stroke and make sure my heart rate does not get above 22 (where I was told it needs to stay for now)...fair enough. I am srong and steady but have not got a clue what I am doing.

going to walk downtown to deliver spagetti to a sick kid and then walk back...and then crash.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2011

hey Tarts, I got to 1100 miles!  Droppped off the car for an oil change this afternoon and walked home.  Watched the pedo and kept going until I knew I'd log enough miles.  Woo-hoo!  Now I'll increase my goal, but first, this post will show the goal achieved.  Thanks for the support.

Wonderland, you were hearing The Voices (all of us) saying to get out and exercise.

Jen, I have a Motobecane touring bike and loved my Spenco gel seat for those long rides. 

Sandee, that sounds like FUN, and healthy, plus you'd get to be a Dragon Lady LOL!

Have a great weekend, everyone!  {{hugs}} to all

• packjen
    edited June 2011

Sandee -- your rowing sounds great.  I checked into our local rowing club and see that it is a competitive club with a few opportunities for recreation.  I'm not very competitive, but maybe I'll check it out when we get back in August.

Sherry -- we are throwing the kids and the tent in the minivan and doing the Pacific Northwest.  Up to Oregon and along the coast; visiting cousins in Seattle then camping at Olympic National Park (rainforest; hotsprings at the end of a 2 mile hike!); cross into Canada on Canada Day (celebrations and fireworks); home exchange for a week on the coast north of Vancouver where the girls will have their 9th birthday; east to Jasper/Banff area for camping; south to Glacier NP in Montana for camping; various historic towns and living history in Montana; more camping and hotsprings and visiting my dad in Idaho.  Home the first week of August.  Just in time for me to fly to MD and have Vinnie Myers do my 3D nipple tattoos!

• badger
    edited June 2011

Jen, that sounds like a great vacation!  Hope you guys have tons of fun!

• Sherryc
    edited June 2011

Jen sounds like a great vacation with the fam.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

packjen- glad to hear you are gettingmy country in your vacatin. Canada day....make sure you land somewhere wih fireworks and street food!! as for the rowing...this club is competitive too ...I think even the recreational boat is making a showing but it is a corporate challenge type of thing as opposed to serious competition...I will decide that day if I am going to row or support

Badger- dragon lady indeed.....whee!!

• packjen
    edited June 2011

Hey Badger -- 1100.2 miles!!!!!!!

WOO HOO FOR YOU!!! LaughingSmileLaughingKissCool

• Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

Badger!! How long did it take you to walk 1100 miles???WOWWOWOWOO

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2011

packjen: new nips will be the icing on the cake after your awesome trip!

badger: congratulations for reaching your goal!

sandee (dragon lady Smile): sounds like great fun socially and physically!

Happy weekend to all.

Walked/ran 2 miles at the park. "The Voices" suggested I run more laps than usual. Glad I listened!

• badger
    edited June 2011

The Voices are a powerful force for good!  They're telling me to get out for a walk already this morning but I gotta have my cuppa joe first.

Canada Day is July 1 and Independence Day is July 4.  I say let's all take off both days - Friday and Monday - and enjoy a four-day weekend in honor of and respect for our homelands!

Sandee, I started keeping track of miles walked around the time I started chemo last year March 2010.  So it has taken 16 months to get to this point.

I'm numbers-oriented so set a goal and posted it for me and all the world to see.  You know, I actually started counting down from 500 when I had my initial goal.  It wasn't very motivating to see a quarter-mile, which was all I could do some days, a walk around the block.  But 499.75 looked good.  :-) 

Half a cup left but the voices, the voices...  Smile

• Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

Badger- again..you inspire me....think when I walk down to the hospital ( I ended up driving last night...too tired!) in a bit I will put my pedometer on , set it to zero and start counting myself. What a great goal!!!!

Wonderland- love the name...dragonlady...maybe I can adopt it for school since I am the pincipal....for the short term anyhow as I am trying to figure out when the best time to quit that part of my job ( wel, ask for a one year leave from it in case my plan goes awry!) is....probably after the summer insanity...take August off and then in Sept. hand in my notice in time for the october contracts....lots of warnign for everyone involved and help me to get my next plan in place for the winter months..going to follow the voices myself today!

• wonderland
    edited June 2011

Sandee: just a passing thought - you may already be known as Dragon Lady behind your back at school and just don't know it! Tongue out

The Voices suggested I exercise this morning b/c this evening we are eating out with friends. So, I walked/ran 1.3 miles fast and hard around my hilly neighborhood. Plan to enjoy myself tonight!

• badger
    edited June 2011

I am so glad I listened to The Voices this morning and walked when it was a cool 62.  Now it's a steamy 82.  Looks like later today, the tail end of a thunderstorm may lash us but right now the heat and humidity are building ahead of the stormfront.  Got my errands done so now I'll have a bite of lunch then maybe a nap.

4.3 miles / 1.25 hours of exercise

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited June 2011

Badger ((WHOO HOOO)) I like your spunk and get us tarts moving. I like the idea of 4day holiday.

I ended up loosing 10lbs the week before my daughters wedding (not intentional) Now I am back on the exercise schedule and things are back to normal.Being careful though not to put back the lost weight.Have a great weekend Tarts.

• badger
    edited June 2011

walked this morning before it got hot

4.7 miles / 1.25 hours

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited June 2011
    Hi, Everyone:

Finally catching up with all goings-on in your lives . . . .

Again, feeling badly about the loss of Konakat. When will this crap cease???!!

Ruth: Reading several days worth of posts - you have cousins in Wisconsin? Well, that settles it - I'm sure we are related :) Glad the nephew's graduation was fun and that you are enjoying your time with your extended family. Indeed, I would say you have an honorary membership in Wisconsin!

Badger: Sounds like a good time with the WI ladies. I am now a 1/3 owner of a beautiful piece of property in Merrill, WI; that is not so far from where you are, so maybe we can get together as well in the future. The rest of you are welcome, too! And, congratulations on meeting the 100-mile mark. That is fantastic!

Wonderland: Don't be too hard on yourself for not exercising (good advice for both of us). I understand completely about missing exercise for a few days.

Sherry: I'm so sorry you need to go through the extra hurdles to get reconstruction surgery. If the DIEP is the only way, and you have to gain hat 10 - 15 pounds, we'll be here, cheering you on to lose it! Many HUGS to you.

Sandee: Our rowing queen! Another whole set of potential friends in the dragon boat group. Good for you. Will send you a PM within the next day or two.

hbCheryl: Hope you are feeling better after the flu bout.  Waved to you as I did my weekend exercise.

Mary: Yep, exercise is dedicated to the fight against breast cancer (and other cancers as well). DH and I will be doing the "Relay for Life"; we do that every year. I never get sick of jogging or power walking; relays are a good fit for me. Your cabin sounds like a great place to decompress.

Jen: Sounds like a wonderful road trip that you've got planned; enjoy! The camp sounds cool, too; what a nice thing for the kids to look forward to. As to weight fluctuating, that is the story of my life. I don't ever give my larger-sized clothing away, because I know I may gain that weight back some time in the future.

Mum: Sounds like the wedding was great; are you posting pix anywhere?

HUGS to Everyone Else . . .

Went to a U2 concert in Anaheim Friday. We got there about 3 hours before the start of the concert, and boy, was everything packed round Angel Stadium! Parking may have been a major challenge, but we spotted a parking lot that was still open and paid only $20.00 to park, which was a major coup. That being said, the concert was WONDERFUL; I jumped, danced and sang in my 1 foot x 1 foot space.  U2 never ceases to amaze and inspire with their charity-related doings.

Still time to exercise, though - I did my 5-mile jog yesterday, followed by resistance training and treadmill at home. Now, I'm working on the charity website project.

HUGS to All.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2011

Walked about 2.5 miles yesterday and went to gym after church today and jogged in pool for 30 mins and did water aerobics/weights for another 30 mins.  The voices have been after me again - a good thing!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited June 2011

wonderland- yep...they may very well call me that...especially those students who get held back because their attendance sucks and they fail everything!....it is a great group of gals and they are incredibly friendly...didn't make it there yesterday....when the alarm went off at 8am, I decided sleep was more essential than rowing...but went to the gymtoday and did the treadmill for 20 minutes (and got my heart rate up to 120!) and then did the hour flow class...

Juliw= U2!!!!Wheeha....sounds terrific! Rowing queen.....morelike 'splash expert'! I piy whomever is in front of me after the first 40 minutes..when I stop focusing on the rowing and my mind wanders,,,BAM!! splash splash splash!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2011

What are you saying - cutting school and failing doesn't get you to the next grade?  Meanie!

• mumito
    edited June 2011

When I get them I will post wedding picks on 3 dif threads.I promise.

Today my only exercise was eating and watch the us open golf.Embarassed

• wonderland
    edited June 2011

Missing my Daddy on Father's Day. He died 25 years ago but he still lives on in me. Part of me is glad he didn't see my Mom and me go through breast cancer and another part of me wished he would have been here to hold our hands. I love you Daddy and miss you every day.

Walked/ran 1.3 miles around my hilly neighborhood. I get things on my mind and off I go running. And boy, does it do the trick by getting those thought off my mind and make me feel better and strong!

• Sherryc
    edited June 2011

Well I ate like a pig all weekend long and did not gain anything so I said what the heck I'm going for a bikeride.  DH went with me but was complaining.  I told him go home if your going to have a bad attitude.  He straightened up after that.  I think they are like children sometimes.

Julie when I finally do gain the weight I will defiantly need you gals to help me loose it.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited June 2011

Took a long walk with my SIL yesterday, washed clothes, bedding & towels from 3 pm when everybody left until right now 9:30 pm.....did a pilates tape & an easy Richard Simmons Blast Off tape during all the 'putting everything back in order' activities. Ate, ate, ate.....after I get done here I am going to go through the fridge and dump out some of the 'really bad for you' leftovers.

We had a fun time. The weather was perfect (rare this year); we did lots of picnicking, croquet, game playing and showing my niece's new huband (from NC, never been to the midwest before) some of the local sights. (Badger should get a kick out of this next part). He is an avid Green Bay Packer fan and my across-the-street neighbor is NUTS for the Packers. When I mentioned to her that he was coming, she got all excited; she flew two Packer flags on her flag pole, brought out and lit up her Green Bay Packer Christmas decorations, brought him a CD Packer songs and came over and talked players/plays etc for quite some time!!! He thought he had died and gone to Football Heaven. I believe he will bring back good reports about ND to his friends and family. Cool

Now I am ready to quit eating so much & so bad and get back to a normal schedule!!!!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited June 2011

Good morning Tarts-

Just browsed through the posts over the past week or so.  Didn't know KK except in brief views of her posts, but it's terribly sad.  One thing that is very inspiring is how she touched so many of you-and seemed to instill a zest for life; that's a helluva way to live proud!  I'll be thinking about that all this week.

Sherryc, read your story and so feel for you.  It sounds like once you get the mx done, you will feel so much better and able to really heal.  It is a challenge to gain weight yet be muscled up at the same time.  A bunch of my workout friends used to joke that we had "muscle fat"-we had a layer of plump over over our abs, but we could feel our abs underneath!

Ruth, sounds like you had a great weekend.  Your niece's husband sounds like my husband and my son...all football crazy guys...who are VERY sad at the prospect of a lockout ruining the season this year.  And Ruth you know...the voices say...EAT HEALTHY THIS WEEK!

Mum, how about that U.S. Open!  That was a great finish by a young Irishman breaking the record...I was so happy to see that!  I love to golf but am quite bad at it.

Sandee the rowing sounds so cool!  I love it and hope to get in my kayak in Tahoe this year IF...and I say IF...the water EVER warms up.  

Patoo, looks like you are back fully in the swing of exercise; good girl!

Julie; I have a great U2 story.  I saw them in 1983 in Salt Lake City, only 500 people at the concert, (opening act the Alarm, which was also great)-I was in front and Bono fell off the stage!  He was doing his little prancy 80s thing.  My sister and I helped him get up!  I doubt he remembers the time we saved him (Wink) but it has made for quite the story all my life.

Got my bone density results-of course not good.  Here's the interesting thing.  My AP spine score went  up...but because my discs in my back are degenerating so much that they are compressing together and making a false improvement in my score.  NICE!  I'm not sure what I can do about that, but I will go off and see.  Hip lost some more bone as well.  "Moderate" risk of fracture, so still OK.  I am thinking of it this way..the Arimidex is working.  I can't imagine what it would be like if I wasn't talking all my calcium, Vitamin D, glucosomine, working out, etc.  Still, it's always sobering.

Wonderland, I miss my dad too.  He died 2 1/2 years ago.  I just spent the past week at my mom's in Vancouver, WA (CAROL!!!!!  Saw your old stomping grounds!)  working to get her house ready to put on the market.  I worked in my dad's basement and saw his handwriting and evidence of his neat organization everywhere.  Had to throw away so much stuff and it was so hard to do-stupid things like wood projects, painting projects, stuff he started but didn't get to finish.  Shovel and sculpted 2 truck loads of bark, two huge loads of trash to dump, edged a huge yard, pulled weeds and trimmed back ivy hell, prepped and painted three rooms, cleaned garage. My mom's place is really nice, but full of all kinds of little knick knack things and it's going to be a challenge to get her moved here to Northern California.  My brother was there and helped me.

OK, I've yakked it up enough.  Ready to have a healthy week.  Oh, Mary, I'm going to the Giants game on Tuesday!  Poor Giants, it's been a tough year for them so far and Timmy is really having a pitching problem!  

XO

Kim 

• mumito
    edited June 2011

The wedding party getting some exerciseSmile

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited June 2011

Oh my gosh, how fun! Show us the mother-of-the-bride!

• Sherryc
    edited June 2011

What a fun picture!

• mumito
    edited June 2011

Yes its me.