Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2011

This evening, I walked .6 miles with my dogs, then 1.6 miles on my own... ramping back up.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited June 2011

Good Job!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2011

Logged almost 9,000 steps today.  Maybe I'll walk in place during 11pm news to try and get over 10,000 and help to undo the damage I did today with bad eating. 

Night all.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2011

hi ladies, what a nice weekend weather-wise.  Got out and walked 45 mins each day yesterday and today.  Spent time in the garden, flowers are doing well this year which is good for the soul.  Missed it last year from not doing any gardening at all.  Good thing I planted mostly native plants and wildflowers, they all survived on their own.  And DH has gotten into the habit of weekly lawn-mowing and I will just let that continue, we used to take turns but not sad to part with that chore!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2011

Walked on the beach and picked stones so my galpal can make a firepit:) nothing super eventful in the exercize department this weekend!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Did a little toning with Richard Simmons. We had three more inches of rain today. I have not watered or turned on the air conditioner even once so far this summer!!! Maybe that 'world is coming to an end' guy was right?!?

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited June 2011

Hello, Everyone:

Catching up . . .

Wonderland: I understand about missing Dad. We never know how they would have responded to our trials, do we? At least, they'll always live in our hearts and minds. I find myself mulling over memories, and laughing about much, then crying the next time. A big HUG to you, feel better!
    Mum: Wonderful pix of wedding party and you! I bet that was a great time.

Kim: Sorry about the bone density results. What can be done about the disk compression? Keep us posted. DH and I read your U2 story, that is hilarious! It would be cool if Bono did remember! You never know . . .

Sherry: I joined you in pig-outs this weekend; I think the website is stressing me out a bit. But, I threw in a bit extra time working out this week; hopefully, things will balance out. And, of course, we'll cheer you on in your weight loss.

Mary Louise: Good to hear from you! DH and I will be doing the Relay for Life in July (gee whiz, that's just around the corner!). Hugs to you and your family; I'm sorry that your Dad (and the rest of you) are going through this. Hope and pray things get better.

hbCheryl: Glad you are starting to feel better and that Hannah is doing well.

Mary: Wicked is a wonder musical! We saw it twice out here in L.A. Last Halloween, I couldn't resist putting on a witch's costume with ruby slippers. I had the fun of explaining to people that I was the Wicked Witch of the West, but finally got those slippers! I, too, read the book and enjoyed that for what it was as well.

Ruth: Hoping and praying your mammo results will turn out just fine. Sending hugs and prayers, thoughts of strength to you.

sohardbnme: Welcome, and HUGS to you. This is a great bunch of women; I am always motivated by their energy, excise and all their achievements!

Sandee: Glad you're enjoying yourself with the rowing and that you had a good weekend with galpal.

Sherry: Congratulations on your good news! That is wonderful; nothing like a new arrival.
    Elizabeth: Good to hear from you, too - sending healing thoughts.

Hugs to Everyone Else! My apologies if I missed anyone.

Got lots of exercise this week and Saturday as well. I'm sure my weight has gone up; I've been worrying about getting the website going and hosted. So many potential "gotchas", but I'll do my best - that's all I can do!

By the way - George Clooney is single again - any takers?Wink

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

We might have to draw straws for him!

• Just_V
    edited June 2011

Yesterday evening, I walked .6 miles with my dogs, then 1.6 miles on my own - trying to get into a routine....

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2011

Lots of yard work this weekend - weeding, mowing, and even washing the car!  The biggest hassle was trimming the Chihuahua's nails - you wouldn't think that it would take two grown people to trim such a little dog's nails!  It's always a rodeo to get them done, but we prevailed.  Tongue out

Spent yesterday afternoon relaxing by the pool re-reading "Wicked" - ahhhhh.

Jogged 2 miles this morning.  

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited June 2011

Ive been bad but I do promise to get to the gym this afternoon.The weather outside is just so nice right now.

• julie75
    edited June 2011

Awww, shucks, Mum, I'd opt for the nice weather, too! 

Virginia:  Glad to see you posting again!

Ruth:  Yep, we'd definitely have to draw straws for Clooney.  

Ran 4.6 miles at noon today; will resistance train tonight.  It is SO very rewarding seeing toned-up legs!  Keeps me motivated, as does Everyone on this thread!

HUGS to All.

• badger
    edited June 2011

hiya Tarts, walked at lunch today, inside the cool Capitol, it is getting muggy out. 

Julie, I know what you mean.  I was walking my favorite route yesterday, which includes a long slow incline.  Realized I'm fit enough to power up the hill and enjoy the feeling of psoas pulling and glutes pushing.  And I can do it without (much) huffing & puffing - just some deep belly breathing to jump-start the lymph system.

Exercise is good.  Keep moving ladies!  {{hugs}} to all

• Ondagrow
    Ondagrow Member Posts: 133
    edited June 2011

I just took elliptical out of spare room and put it in my room... I just got on for five min...

I stop eating red meat... (totally)

I am still trying to cut down...

I NEED MOTIVATION TO EXERCISE... LOL

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2011

1.3 miles (slow walk) today in the heat.  Hoping to get back into the routine after surgery.  It felt great to get out today and walk on my normal running route!  Hope to be back to running someday!

Virginia, my surgery date sister - let's keep moving! Glad to see you're back out there walking!

• Just_V
    edited June 2011

took the girls on their .6 mile walk - then i walked about another mile - had to get back and showered then pick my DH up at the airport... so dang hot down here in dallas that a shower is a must - even after just walking.

goldenmom - yep - hope to be running again before the start of winter... need to balance the TE placement and the exchange - we'll see - we need to get virtual over here too!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

My Book Club did our annual 'Read and Feed' field trip today so my only exercise was Power Shopping, Non-Stop Talking, and Shoveling the Fork to the Mouth!!!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2011

Ruth your day sounds perfectWink.  Tonight I did two classes, first Body Pump then Body Combat, both with the wonderful Eduardo. He has started working at a brand new gym in Newport Beach and tonight was his first night so a whole group from our gym went to support him. OMG I would love to belong to this gym it is absolutely beautiful all of their cardio equipment is on the second floor and overlooks the Bay only trouble is their fees are wayyyyyyyy out of my price range, ah well we've got a couple of free visits and maybe will buy a class pass as working out with a great trainer is well worth it, oh and I can't feel my legs, they are like jelly ---guess I worked hard!!!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011
    Sounds like you are back to your normal schedule, Cheryl! Wink
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2011

SoHard - 5 minutes on the elliptical is exactly where I started out after chemo was done.  I barely lasted that long, so I know how you feel.  But what an accomplishment to take that first step!!  Keep checking in here - the ladies here are absolutely inspiring!!  Cheryl - still trailing Eduardo all over SoCal, huh?  Tongue out  The new gym sounds fabulous - maybe you'll win the lottery - maybe just a small prize - enough to cover a membership.  Money mouth  Ruth - I excel at Shoveling the Fork to the Mouth! Julie and Badger - I know just what you mean about the feeling of accomplishment seeing a bit of leg muscle come back and powering up hills that would have defeated me a while ago. 

35 minutes walk today - a good nature walk - saw 5 bunnies and heard a pileated woodpecker.  15 minutes Lebeds.  

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Walked for an hour, toned with Denise Austin for 45 minutes. Two friends are coming over for coffee....I hope they do NOT bring any treats. All I have is the coffee, and that's all I want (but you know how easily I yield into temptation!!).

• patoo
    edited June 2011

Busy Mn-Thurs evenings this week so probably little to no exercise but have 4-1/2 day weekend so will try and make up for it although not sure how I'm going to do for the holiday weekend cook-outs!

• virtual
    virtual Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2011

Vhshea, thanks for the invite. 3 weeks post bmx tomorrow, along with vhshea and golden mom.

Just returned from a one mile walk in my neighborhood. Regular pace but I think I tried not to swing my arms as much. I just had my final 2 drains removed yesterday even though the output hadn't gone below 30, first fill yesterday too. Feeling pretty good, a slight back ache only.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Welcome Virtual. Good for you for keeping moving!

• patoo
    edited June 2011

Welcome Virtual.  Yes, keep moving but be good to yourself and ease into it slowly.

Night my sculpted friends.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2011

Welcome Virtual, come by often it really does help when you post you'll see progress day by day.

Did Body Step class tonight, a very low impact version of the class as my legs feel like bricks, I guess all those lunges and squats last night did their job.

Ruth I know how you feel as I have absolutely no self control when it comes to "sweets", that's why we're "twins"Innocent. Mary yes I am following the wonderful Eduardo all over So Cal and it's not just me there's a whole group of us he calls us "his team" and it's funny you mentioned the lottery as we car pool and on our drives we have discussed what we'd do if we won - mine is I'd have fresh sheets on the bed every day and someone else would make the bed and wash the sheets, I would just get to have that lovely "fresh sheet" experience every night and the one we all agree on is that we'd pay for each of us to have him be our personal trainer

• julie75
    edited June 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Welcome, Virtual

sohard:  Sent you a PM.

Ruth:  Sweets have always been my downfall; althought I did exercise at noon today (4.6 miles of running), I ate about 15 Snocaps tonight.  (For those who don't know what Snocaps are, they are semisweet chocolate disks covered with white round crunchies).  Don't think I completely undid the exercise, but the chocolate didn't help.

Virtual and Virginia:  Glad to see you're both out there, getting some exercise! 

hbCheryl:  Sounds like you're back at your regular pace; you've licked the flu bug?  When I saw Eduardo's website photo, I think I'd follow him, too!  Those Newport Beach prices are killers!  For those not familiar with L.A. suburbs, Newport Beach is Orange County's answer to Beverly Hills.  Hope Hannah isn't too stir-crazy.

Mary:  I've probably said this, but I envy you your nature walks.  Living in the city just isn't the same; I really miss quiet outdoor areas at times. 

Badger:  Yep, you got it regarding glutes, etc., and powering up hills.  I can now run with few, if any, slow-downs to catch breath. 

HUGS to Everyone Else.

As indicated, ran 4.6 miles today.  Spent a rather frustrating day programming; time to defenestrate that laptop out the window! 

Actually, it's probably time to go buy massive doses of Brach's Bridge Mix.  Was surfing a candy website and saw they had a 7-pound bag of Bridge Mix (yes, 7 pounds!!!!) for sale.  Can you imagine??!  That surely would undo any exercise for some time.

Goodnight, Sweet Tarts!

Julie

• badger
    edited June 2011

welcome virtual!

Our lunchtime walking group took to the bike/pedestrian path along John Nolen Drive yesterday.  Gorgeous day and such a nice view of downtown Madison.  Here's a nice shot.  You can see the dome of my beloved state Capitol.

Ours is the only state capitol located on an isthmus.  This is the view across Lake Monona.

• MRDRN
    MRDRN Member Posts: 177
    edited June 2011
    Hi Ladies!
    I am joining this thread to try and motivate me to increase my exercise :)))) Yesterday I played doubles tennis and it was so HOT we were not that aggressive but at least we were out there.  Time on the court was 90 min.  I threw the ball to the dog and walked her a bit and went in the pool with water weights (thanks to my BC.org friend coming over!) but talked more than exercised ;) Does running my mouth count?
    Thanks for a great "positive" thread!
    MRDRN
  • Just_V
    edited June 2011

yea!  virtual, you made it!  told you this was a great thread! 

so last night i did my normal .6 with the girls (dogs), then the 1.6 on my own -- listening to an audio book on my ipod called 'Love Walked In' - book club choice - good light fare for walking - if you all are into audio books, one of the best ever is 'The Help' - much better in audio than in written form (who'd a thought!!!)...

so dallas is just plain hot and when i walk, i sweat (go figure).. but that is not a bad thing, except.... that the little, teeny, tiny bugs that fly around stick to the sweat - totally yuk!  but i guess that is why God made showers!