Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited June 2011

What a great picture of you.  You look very happy!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited June 2011

Mum, you are DARLING!  What a great, great picture!  Congrats!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited June 2011

Beautiful!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2011

Mum - what a fabulous picture of the wedding party - they look like something out of a bridal magazine!  What fun they all seem to be having - it must have been a great wedding.  And your dress - wow!  That is a beautiful MOTB dress - you look wonderful and very happy!  

Jen - what a great trip you have planned!  I am severely envious!!!!!  Julie - the concert sounds perfect - I've been to The Big A for a baseball game, but never a concert - it must have been rocking!  Ruth - how fun for your Packer neighbor to go all out for your niece's new husband - sounds like it really made him feel good.  Last time I was in Wisconsin visiting relatives in Manitowoc I passed a house that was painted Packer green with Packer yellow shutters - you bet I did a double-take on that one! Kim - have a wonderful time at the Giants game.  That's one of my all time favorite ballparks.  Have you had the garlic fries???  Yummmmmmmmmm - worth blowing the calories on in my book!  Tongue out

Fifteen minutes Lebeds and it was raining so I had to elliptical for 30 minutes instead of taking my Monday morning jog.  We finished our stretch of 4 ballgames in 5 days with the last game on Sunday - I really really really tried to be good, but that's hard to do at a ballpark.  I'm afraid of what Wednesday Weigh In will bring.  Frown  I've got two days to do something about it!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2011

LOL we love our Packers here - people do CRAZY things in gold & green!

Mum, great pics!  Nice to see you on the other side of the camera lens. :-)

Kim, sorry about bone density test.  Sounds like you're doing what can be done.

Carol, thinking of you and hoping all is well.

Three of us walked at noon today and went 3 miles in 45 mins, a nice pace.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2011

Mum, great pic of you and a wonderful pic of the wedding party - works well on the exercise thread since they seem to be getting a workout!

Ordered a beginner dvd for weight training since I really need to rev-up that.  Should use it together with my Leslie Sansone walking dvd (which I'm getting ready to pop into the player in a few minutes).  Badger that is a good clip.  Same time it takes to do 3 miles with LS.

Later my sculpted friends.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2011

GREAT Picture!!

Dazed= the rowing is a riot...hard work but soooooo good to focus just on one thing ...a weird kind of meditation..clears my mind!

Went to cardiac class and did 30 minutes of cardio (20 on the treadmill where I RAN for a good portion of it!) and then went rowing for an hour and warmed down....just went from one thing to school (in my 20 year old grateful dead tshirt and tights!) to the other....jammies now!

My dad passed away 12 years ago...for the past 10/12 years,we celebrated my ex's dad....sort of feels like losing two ...so kept extremely busy yesterday so I did not think about it....

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Finished putting the house back in order, got pictures developed and sent copies off to the relatives; cold, cloudy and rainy (thank goodness the weather last through the weekend!) so did 45 minutes on the treadmill & 30 of toning. Bought a couple Lean Cuisine meals to try to jump start the diet after my week of eating badly!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2011

Mum what a fantastic photo, you are a gorgeous MOTB and a fabulous pic of the wedding party. Ruth sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your family. Badger congratulations on your 1100 mile mark. Kim I feel the same way about the bone density, we do what they tell us and then the scores go down, last week at my physical my doctor was drawing that mountain and putting lines through it and blah, blah, blahing --- all I know is I don't want to take another dang pill!!!! Well Sherry I was sick all week, hardly ate a thing, in fact one day my entire diet was 2 girl scout shortbread cookies and a cup of tea and I didn't lose a pound, go figureFrown

Finally back to the gym and spin class tonight, although there was a lot of coughing and spluttering into my towel but I made it through the class.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited June 2011

Cheryl looks like I ate your food so I guess we balanced each other out.

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2011

Hey everybody - Julie PM'd me - I've been AWOL on this thread -- mostly because I have done nothing since my surgery on 6/8 - well.... cannot say nothing anymore - I took my girls (dogs) on a .6 mile walk around the block three times now - twice at about 6pm when the Dallas super hot temps almost killed me, then this morning at 8am when the temps were more accommodating...  will try to post daily again - this is great motivation!  BTW - got my drain removed yesterday so feeling so free today!  Yea! 

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited June 2011

Hi everyone! Will sounds like everyone is doing  great with their exercises. Mum such a  great pic of you. Very pretty dress. I am  getting stronger and stronger each day. I am doing well with the walker. Still cannot sit on low furniture or getting into a low car thank goodness we have an  SUV. I have physicial therapy 3 x a week.  Along with the exercises I do daily to get myself up and running again. It pain is subsiding nothing like the pain was that I was experiencing before. Thank Goodness. I see the surgeon next Tuesday to get the staples out and to see if I am to go to physicial therapy outpatient. My therapist has been coming to my home. On Wednesday I see my Onc to see what the next step is. So I do not know when my chemo will start up again. I am also hoping that I can begin going back to the gym soon. I have not been to the gym now for 6 months. I really do miss the gym. As far as  Father's  go my father was not much in my life. He died 15 years ago. It was really hard for me to go to his funeral to hear all these wonderful things about him that I did not get the opportunity to do. A bitter sad moment.

Blessings everyone, keep up the hard work.

Elizabeth

• ebann
    edited June 2011

Hi everyone! Will sounds like everyone is doing  great with their exercises. Mum such a  great pic of you. Very pretty dress. I am  getting stronger and stronger each day. I am doing well with the walker. Still cannot sit on low furniture or getting into a low car thank goodness we have an  SUV. I have physicial therapy 3 x a week.  Along with the exercises I do daily to get myself up and running again. It pain is subsiding nothing like the pain was that I was experiencing before. Thank Goodness. I see the surgeon next Tuesday to get the staples out and to see if I am to go to physicial therapy outpatient. My therapist has been coming to my home. On Wednesday I see my Onc to see what the next step is. So I do not know when my chemo will start up again. I am also hoping that I can begin going back to the gym soon. I have not been to the gym now for 6 months. I really do miss the gym. As far as  Father's  go my father was not much in my life. He died 15 years ago. It was really hard for me to go to his funeral to hear all these wonderful things about him that I did not get the opportunity to do. A bitter sad moment.

Elizabeth

• ebann
    edited June 2011

Elizabeth

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Hi Elizabeth, it is great to hear from you and glad that you are progressing! Healing pain is so much better than the cronic/getting worse pain! Hope you have a cute therapist Laughing!

My dad is so 'vacant' that it is hard, hard to watch. Today he didn't really remember that his whole family had been here for a week surrounding him with activities and attention. We didn't have a great relationship when I was young for a number of reasons, but I have come to realize the many good points that he did have (and I imagine that if he could, he would say the same about me)....so I am glad that we both lived long enough for that to happen.

Glad you are on the mend too, Virginia. Little steps at a time. Post even when you don't exercise, because confession is good for the soul Wink.

Pouring down rain again here.  I will have to do more indoor exercises. I'll check back later.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2011

Virginia- good to see you here

Ruth- glad you got the opportunity/have the opportunity to hav ethis time with your dad in whatever form it takes.

Was so tired last night but also wired that in mysleep this am, I turned off my alarm and misssed myphysiotherapist appointment...have never done that before in my life! Woke up 24 minutes into my appointment...called at a stop light 5 minutes later...they had moved on (as they should have) but have rescheduled me for July 5th. How incredibly embarassing!....I have just been so  stunned lately...anyhow...apologized all over the place.. Went to the gym after school and did 45 minutes of weight class and then 12 minutes of jogging on the treadmill to end it all off.

• patoo
    edited June 2011

Did LS DVD 2-mile brisk walk again tonight.  Tired but glad I got through it.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

30 minutes on the treadmill & 45 of toning with Denise Austin.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited June 2011

Hey all!!  Am hoping to get back into some "regular" excercise!!  Things with my Dad have been very hard to adjust to (peg tube, tracheostomy).  We are finally able to feel at least a little comfortable with the trach.  Lots of problems with the peg tube, but it is not a scary as the trach!!

Last Friday we did the Relay for Life.  I managed to complete 77 laps = 19.25 miles!! And that is not including the other various walking I did during the event!!  My brother did 26 miles - he never really took a break all night!  It was difficult to do as we were all at the track and my Mom was with my Dad alone for the first night (my brother stayed overnight for 3 nights right after he came home with the trach).  We were all quite sore the next day, but very proud of our accomplishments!!

Tonight has been the first night I was home before 10pm and am planning on getting back into the pool and walking (unfortunately, my Mom will not be able to join me as often as my Dad can not be left alone).   I WILL start getting my excercise in again!!  I too have been hearing the "voices" again.  Hope everyone is well and I will be catching up on the last 4 - 5 pages!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Go job on all the Relay Walking! Hope you can get back on a managable schedule for all & that things settle down for your dad.

The voices are trying to make me not eat!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2011

Great to hear from you Elizabeth, so glad to hear that you are getting stronger daily. Sandee your body must have needed the rest but I know you probably hated not making the appointment. Mary Louise what an amazing feat for your feet - pun intendedTongue out, I'm sorry about your Dad your Mum is lucky to have all of you. Good to hear from you Virginia, even a walk up and down the street counts once you've joined the exercise group. Ruth I'm sorry your Dad isn't doing well, at least you know you've done the best you could for him, just sitting watching the ball game is time well spent together.

Well tonight I did Body Step class but I had to step outside a few times as I kept having coughing fits and I have burst blood vessels in my left eye from all the violent coughing I've been doing, sigh.......

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Cheryl, drink some chicken noodle soup and go on a long, slow walk for your exercise so your body has a chance to heal!!

Speaking of healing, how is Hannah doing? Well, I hope.

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2011

Thanks Ruth I must have been really sick cause last week I didn't even entertain thoughts of the gym, and I left work early a couple of days and thursday I couldn't even get out of bed and go to work.  It's hard to slow down when you're used to going but I have been taking it easy and I ate chicken noodle soup a couple of times , right now I'm eating ice creamSurprised

Hannah is doing really well, she is going stir crazy as she's housebound but she cooked us stuffed peppers for dinner tonight so her sitting on the couch watching Food Network is working for me.  It's going to be another couple of weeks before she can start rehab as they want her completely healed, she has this plastic coating on her knee, kind of looks like she's got saran wrap around her leg, the incisons are covered but doctor says they look good all in all she's in great shape and healing well. 

• badger
    edited June 2011

hey ladies, just a quick post... three of us walked a half-hour at lunchtime yesterday.

Ruth, my dad had Alzheimers and toward the end did not know who I was.  Very sad. 

Good to see you Elizabeth, Virginia, and Mary Louise.  

Cheryl, sending you well-wishes!

{{hugs}} to all

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2011

The 'girls' and I did our .6 mile walk around the block today - morning walking is the way to go... cannot wait to begin running again, but that is a long way off... :)

• patoo
    edited June 2011

good for you vhshea - take it easy.

Hi everyone.  I'm at work so just a quick run by to get my motivation up to do something later on tonight.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2011

Battling a nasty chest cold this week, so no exercise, so of course I'm up almost half a pound since last week.Yell  We have tickets for "Wicked" tonight at the Kennedy Center - we've had them for 6 months and I've been so looking forward to tonight!! 

My wonderful boss sent me home at lunch to rest up before the show (I must have looked pretty awful!).  Now I am starting to get ready.  I just finished unwrapping tons of cough drops and gum to put in my purse so if I need them I won't rustle paper unwrapping them during the show. I have an aisle seat near an exit, so if I have to bolt out during a coughing fit, I can.  Arrggghhhh!!!!!

Wish me luck!

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2011

Walked a mile yesterday! Slow, but it was the first time I've done a mile post-MX (6/8). It felt great (but hot!).  vhshea - I'm with you - can't wait to run. Patience...

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited June 2011

Mary you need to rest.I just went through the same thing right before the wedding ended up on antibiotics and puffers which I am  still on. I found that good  old Nyquil capsules really helped me get a sound sleep. Take care.Hope you enjoy the show.

• badger
    edited June 2011

Good luck Mary, enjoy the show!  LOVED the book about the little green girl, Elphaba.

Just two of us walked 45 mins at lunch today.  It's been raining most of the day so we walked inside the Capitol.  Lovely to see the metal detectors have been taken down.  (Just in time for concealed carry legislation...)