Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited June 2011

30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 pilates. Rainy here again. If you've watched the national news, you might have seen the story of the record flooding in Minot, ND. in the northwestern part of the state. 11,000 people have had to evacuate (1/4 of the town). The western part of the state has had more rain in the last two months than they usually do in a year. The crest will be 7 feet above the highest the river has ever gone before, those people's houses/businesses/farms will be gone. So very sad.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2011

Ruth: I did watch the news and wondered if you were okay. Thankful you are not affected by the flooding and saying a prayer for those who are being displaced.

Mum: love your daughter's wedding pictures! You look beautiful in your dress.

Goldenmom: congratulations on your 1st mile post mx!!!

Mary: can't wait to hear about "Wicked."

Mary Louise: your number of laps at Relay for Life is impressive! Hope your father continues to improve.

Cheryl: enjoy your ice cream and get better!

Elizabeth: hope your physical therapy helps you get stronger each day.

Hello the everyone else!!!

No exercise tonight for me. We are getting ready to go to the beach next week. So much to do! Next week I'll be walking, running, swimming, etc.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Wonderland, what beach do you go to? I am coming your way in July and I think we are going down to Myrtle Beach.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2011

Mary I hope you had a fantastic time at Wicked, I saw it in Los Angeles and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Goldenmom are those your babies, they are super cute and congrats on the mile, one day at a time, one foot in front of the other as the saying goes.  Mum I'm still swiging the cough medicine the dr gave me, sad to say Nyquil makes me sick to my stomach.

Did Body Combat class tonight but don't know if it really counts as I did a lot of coughing and spluttering, I don't ,I feel good but the minute I start up the coughing starts I guess my lungs are compromised, I have a doctors appointment on friday hopefully he can give me something to finally shake this bug.

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2011

Ruth - Minot is practically the only city I know ND - my grandfather lived there - my mom and her sisters were born in ND but in some teeny, tiny town.... fun to see the Minot name but not in the context... 

Gosh - so many of you are doing REAL exercise - like hbcheryl, Combat Class!  I cannot wait to get farther along so that I can start doing more than walking!  Hope I don't need chemo cause that will keep me down, too, I suppose....

Do not even want to do the walking today, but I will - I know that once I am out there I will feel much better - after I take the 'girls' around the block, I will walk so more before the heat sets in...

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2011

hbcheryl - yes, the picture is of my two "golden" babies - what wonderful therapy they are!  I hope you feel better soon!

I'm holding out till this afternoon for a walk hoping that my second drain will be removed today! 

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Virginia, what little tiny town were they born in? We are a sparsely populated state, so I bet I'll know it.

Lovely day here; got up and did 30 minutes FIRM sculpt, walked for an hour with my speedy neighbor & then did some 'retail therapy'. My mammogram is next Thursday so I'm getting the usual queasy/hyperventilating feeling......naturally made better by shopping. I bought a pair of shorts & a skort in a size that fits perfectly fine as long as I don't eat like a pig. The psychology one must use on oneself Tongue out!!

• Just_V
    edited June 2011

Ruthbru - My mom was born in  Verendrye....

So this morning, I took my dogs for their walk - 6. miles, then I went back out for another walk around the block (a bit faster than the first walk since I did not need to stop to smell the 'pee mail'....)

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2011

Wicked was fabulous!  Even though I was feeling kind of yuk going in, it's an incredible production and I was so absorbed in it I felt pretty decent during it.  And no coughing attacks!! The story line wasn't much like the book, but that's fine - it worked.  It was an enjoyable book and an enjoyable play - just not the same plot at all!

Cheryl - I feel for you still coughing  - glad you have a dr's appt tomorrow to find out why you can't seem to shake it.  Golden - hope that drain came out - something about getting the last %$#^ drain out is such a relief!! Ruth - good for you for engaging in Shopping Therapy!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Virginia, you are right that Verendrye is a small town, even I had to google it. Population of 220 people!

My DS saw Wicked in Chicago a couple years ago and really liked it. I think the production is actually better than the book, which is rare.

• wonderland
    edited June 2011

Ruth,

We are going to Topsail Beach in NC. This will be my 23rd year going to the beach with my brother and sisters' families. If you come to NC in July, let me know if you ride past my hometown and I will definitely treat you to Lexington BBQ!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2011

Hi all, two of us walked 45 minutes at lunch today. 

More rain today so we walked laps at the Capitol & chatted, makes the time go fast.

Wish we could send some rain to the places where it's bone dry!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Wonderland, I have driven past the sign for Topsail Beach many times. I will PM you the dates & places I will be and maybe we can work something out, which would be awesome!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2011

ruthbru, when will you be in Myrtle Beach?

Hi all, this was a Leslie Sansone week for me as I mainly stayed inside and did DVD's every evening.  Still need to kick it up a notch (or 2 or 3) since the scale only went down a smidgen!  Looking forward to getting the strength training DVD I ordered but maybe I'll try and get to the gym tonight and work on the machines. 

• Just_V
    edited June 2011

well - i did my .6 mile walk with the dogs this morning but skipped the trip around the block by myself... did not pull my sorry butt out of bed until almost 9am and by then, the temps were already pretty high - I was just too sweaty to go on the second lap - might try tonight after the sun sets....

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Did a 40 minute FIRM DVD & walked for 20 minutes. Now I need to make a dessert (and not lick the bowl) to bring down to S.D. for DH's family reunion tomorrow.

Patoo, I will be in Myrtle Beach the weekend of July 8th. NC sister is finalizing the plans, so I am waiting on her to find out what we are doing and when we are doing it. As long as I can walk on the beach, I will be happy!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2011

Finally feeling better, so hope to be more active this weekend.  On a good note - I got an email today that I've earned my 10 Pound Club badge on loseit.com!!!  Cool

That's half of my 20 chemo pounds - woohoo!!!

I honestly forget which of the wonderful ladies here was the first to call attention to loseit.com, but whoever it was, THANK YOU!!!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Mary Louise

• Ondagrow
    Ondagrow Member Posts: 133
    edited June 2011

HI ALL...

I NEED MOTIVATION...

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Welcome so hard! What are you doing and what do you want to do? We will be your cheerleaders!

• wonderland
    edited June 2011

sohardbnme: put one foot in front of the other and walk for 15 minutes (or less if it's been a while since you walked). Walk at least 3 times a week - maybe up to 6 days. Then rest. You can do it!

Guess what everybody: ND and NC may get to meet! Ruth and I may meet sometime during the first week of July while Ruth is visiting NC. Can't wait!

I'll be at the beach this week eating really good and doing alot of exercise. Hope everyone has a great weekend and an even better next week.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011
    The states with the word 'North' in their names have to stick together Wink! Have a great time at the beach & we'll plot our lunch when you come back
  • badger
    edited June 2011

welcome sohardbnme, love your sig line!  The first step can be the hardest, so start slow, but start.  I began a walking program last March with a walk around the block, to the convenience store and back.  Maybe a quarter-mile.  It made me feel good so I did it again the next day.  And the next day, and the next day... 16 months later and I've walked over 1,100 miles!

Now the exercise itself is the motivation, my body craves it.  Good thing, because it craves ice cream too..

Got four other women to walk with me at lunchtime today.  We got to talking and walked 45 mins and went a little over three miles.  It was a bit overcast but very mild and totally enjoyable.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  Keep moving ladies!!  {{hugs}} to all

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2011

vhshea...you will get back to jogging again1!! promie. look at me and i was barely a runner to begin with ! rowed. fro 1.5 hors last night..soooo great to be on the wtaer!

• Just_V
    edited June 2011

thanks sandeeonherown!  patience has never been one of my better traits!

so yesterday, i walked the girls (jamaica and molly) in the morning (.6 miles) of very slow walking because ja is older and slower and smells EVERYTHING.... then last night i went for a mile long fast walk (had to wait til 8pm for it to cool slightly - the dallas sun, while i love it, can be brutal).

• badger
    edited June 2011

Virginia, when you mentioned walking the dogs, it reminded me of a strategy I have used to motivate myself to exercise - I think of my feet as dogs, who need to get out for a walk. 

You know how some people say "my dogs are really barking" to mean their feet are sore not their pets are vocalizing.  Sometimes that thought helped get me out during chemo when I didn't feel like exercising, but I needed to take my dogs out for a daily walk.  

Already glorious here, going to be a beautiful day.  Slept late having stayed up late with a glass of wine at the bonfire of the goddesses.  So just having my first cuppa joe then out for a morning walk to start my day.  Enjoy your weekend ladies!  {{hugs}} to all

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2011

Hi all, had a big post all typed up the other night and then BAM we were plunged into darkness, transformer blew in the neighborhood so I just went to bed. I did do spin class thursday night and last night Body Combat class. In the spin class I had to get off the bike and go and sit quietly for 10 minutes to catch my breath anyways went to doctor yesterday and he gave me a breathing treatment and I got two puffers one long acting and one to use before I exercise and yes he wants me to keep up with the exercise, have to start taking another z-pack and he said that should kick it.

Hi sohard, like Ruth said we'll be your cheerleaders - baby steps is the way and you just have to do something. Look it's taken me a long time to get to where I am, do I wish I'd discovered that I like to exercise when I was young and carried no weight instead of when I was pushing 60 and rotund, sure I do but how I measure my success is that I go to the gym and do something.

How exciting that Ruth and Wonderland are going to get together, yeah. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Big ((hug)) to all.

• Just_V
    edited June 2011

Badger!  Cute idea - feet as dogs - and I will not need to carry plastic bags to clean up after them, either!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited June 2011

I have not had a good workout week.  My husband was home more instead of being gone on business and that always wrecks my schedule but it is nice having him around.  We left Thursday to see our son and family and have been having a great time.  Will head home tomorrow.  They are young and eat like crap so maybe I have gained weight this weekend.  Hubby keeps trying to give me food to eat.  I have exciting news.  We are going to have an addition to the family.  They are telling anyone except just use parents right now as right after I found I had bc last sept they had a miscarrage.  it was a really horrible time for our family.  BC and misscariage took an emotional toll on us all.  Anyway they are wanting to play it safe before telling everyone which I understand.  But I have a gut instint on this that it will be all good. 

My granddaughter is telling me to get off the computer because friends are coming over and it is party time.  She is too cute.  So that means more food to eat.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Congratulations Sherry! What wonderful news. Got up and walked 45 minutes before driving down to S.D. for DHs family reunion (2 hours away). We had a nice time and, of cours,e I was not good and ate way too much. Sherry, we will tip the scales together on Monday Frown. Of well, as long as I can get the scales to move south by Wednesday!

Cheryl, I'm glad you went to the doctor.

Happy Weekend, All! Ruth