Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2011

MRDRN - welcome - i am sooo jealous that you got in the pool  - our pool sits there mocking me... i know it does!

running our mouths for excercise - wow - i might be a contender on that!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2011

I also vote yes on running the mouth counting as exercise!! Wink  

Yoga night last night, but I only got a one mile walk to the rec center, as one of those summer t-storms broke out at the end of class, so dh picked me up.  (Interesting trying to relax during shavasana while there are cracks of lightning and roars of thunder out the window).  30 minutes elliptical this morning.  

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2011

Virtual - glad you're here!  Nice that you, vhshea & I can share a fun, recovery thread & are past our surgeries! Smile  We are 3 weeks post-surgery.

I did a 2 mile walk today (woo hoo!). 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited June 2011

MRDRN, welcome!

vhshea, I'm in a Book Club too and agree that 'The Help' is a tremendous book. One that stays with you.

Did an hour walk this morning & now will do some toning before the guy comes to hang up some new blinds on the patio window.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2011

Good gravy..off a few days and I am sunk trying to catch up with everyone...so in a nutshell...BRAVo to all who are exercizing and 24 hour rule to those who aren't...cut yourself some slack and then start again tomorrow.

I rowed last night (4kms) and did cardiac rehab today...20 minutes on treadmill(half of it jogging) and 10 on the stationary bike (which I hate!) ah well...all for a greater cause. Off to PEI tomorrow where I will walk in the ams before carting the students off to a million places

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited June 2011

Hi everyone and welcome newbies. Will I have good news and bad news. The good news first I have graduated from a walker to a cane. I am able to drive. I saw my onc today. She said that I needed a pet scan done next week. She is concerned that my cancer has spread. My tumor markers has risen and the fact I have been off chemo for 3 1/2 months. So I see her again on the 18th of July. I hate it when I heard that kind of news. Praying that all is good.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2011

Another yes vote for running of the mouth counting as exercise LOL!

welcome MRDRN, this is a great positive thread with caring people who want to exercise. 

V, we have those teeny tiny bugs here too, we call them no-see'ums.  Extremely annoying!

Sandee, enjoy PEI, since reading Anne of Green Gables I have wanted to visit there.  

Am taking off this Friday and all next week for vacation, so was very busy as people suddenly needed things they'd been putting off for a while.  Kept my head down, ate lunch at my desk and whittled away the list of things to do today.  By late afternoon, I had gotten it done so headed to the Capitol for a half-hour walk to stretch my legs, before getting in the car for my long commute home.  {{hugs}} to all

• badger
    edited June 2011

{{Elizabeth}} we posted at the same time.  Glad you can drive again but sorry for the worry.  I'll be praying for you!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Oh Elizabeth, I hope everything is OK. Let us know.....

Did the 45 minutes of toning as promised. Have my scary mammogram tomorrow, another (not related the BC) test AND a dentist appointment. Might as well ruin the whole day! Frown

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited June 2011

Elizabeth:  Adding my hopes and prayers that everything is okay as well . . .

Ruth:  . . . and hoping and praying everything turns out okay for you, too.

Badger:  What a beautiful photo of the State Capitol!  Have been homesick for the past few weeks, maybe I need a quick run back to the Badger State.  Miss it!

Welcome MRDRN!  

This is quick - HUGS to Everyone Else.

Ran 4.6 miles today; will resistance train tonight.

HUGS

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited June 2011

Have not been on since Saturday when I said I had been pigging out.  Well update I ended up getting a bacterial stomach bug early Sunday morning.  Don't know when I have vomited so much.  But when the diarrhea started I work DH up and told him I might have to go to the ER.  The vomiting stopped and he went to the store and got me something for the diarrhea.  So about 10:30 I thought we could maybe make it home.  It is a 5 hour drive.  I got as far as San Antonio and had to stop at an urgent care center and get IV fluids, antibiotics, stuff for nausea.  Finally made it home at 7:30 that evening.  Could not go to work Monday or Tuesday.  I had to call the dr yesterday because I could not get the diarrhea under control so he called me in something for that as well.  So today was much better and I went to work.  Was suppose to have a yoga class last night but could not make it so she is going to do it for me tomorrow.  I can't wait.  So with what I thought I had gained I ended up loosing that and a little more.  Yesterday afternoon before DH went to get my medicine he said you really need to gain some weight and I asked just how am I suppose to do that when I can't stay off the toilet.    So glad today was better and I made it all day at work.  Still having to watch what I eat, not everything is digesting well.  My granddaughter is at such a cute age.  She told me that after Pops takes me home and puts me to bed he could come back and play some more. She has no concept how far away we live.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Poor Sherry, that sounds horrible! Don't worry about the weight right now, just get well!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2011

Oh Elizabeth I'll be praying for you, glad that you are able to drive again, how is Miss Aubrey doing? Sherry you poor thing, do you have any idea where the bug came from and you just need to concentrate on getting well.  Badger are you going somewhere exciting on your vacation? The picture of the Capitol is beautiful. Mary your DH is super special to come pick you up and get you out of the storm. Geeeze Ruth, you certainly have a full day planned tomorrow, if I lived close I'd meet you at the end of the day and we would have cake and ice creamInnocent (and then we'd go to spin class cause we are exercise girlsCool). Vshea I'm a big "book on tape" fan, right now I'm listening to Lisa Scottoline's "Save Me" and so far it's really good, a bit of different style for her, one of my all time favorites is her "The Vendetta Defense" it's laugh out loud funny and I loved "The Help". Julie computers are soooooooo frustrating but before you throw it out the window order the bridge mixSealed and yes ladies if you watch Real Housewives of OC when they go get botox or go for "body enhancement" it's usually a doctor's office in Newport Beach. Welcome MRDRN glad to have you join us.

Well tonight I went to the fancy gym for my 2nd of 5 free visits --- they really should do a deal for us as at 5pm there were 2 people in there. Anyways there were 4 of us who came for a double dose of Eduardo. We did Body Pump first and then we had the most fabulous hour as he gave us a one on one Body Combat technique class, wow wow wow we were all over the moon, now I must remember this euphoric feeling tomorrow when all my muscles are screaming.  Nite my tart sisters.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited June 2011

(((Elizabeth)))

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2011

Elizabeth - also thinking of you and hoping for the best.

One hour lunch time yoga yesterday, then a two mile walk last night. Of course the walk was to the local Mexican restaurant where I had spinach enchiladas with no cheese Innocent but also margaritas and waaaay too many chips. Embarassed  I was so uncomfortably full and thought I was going to rupture on the walk home in the 90 degree heat!!  I guess it was good I felt so awful after pigging out - I'll think twice about doing that again!

15 minute Lebeds and 30 minutes weight/resistance training this morning.

• Sherryc
    edited June 2011

Cheryl, yes my DIL's mother had the same thing on Friday and ended up in the ER.  Friday afternoon I helped my DIL get her mother home and settled after that.  It is something going around their town.  My DIL texted me Tuesday that one of her friends was on her way to the ER as well.  Just bad stuff, but I am much better.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Did you eat sprouts? There was just a big thing on the news about all the people getting food poisoning from them.

Happiness and Joy! I 'passed' my mammogram. Now I will feel better about my 6 month onco checkup in mid-July. I swear that I will die of a heart attack from worrying about all the followup things one has to do forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sherryc
    edited June 2011

Ruth congrats on the clean mammo I think we all have scanxiety with all the follow ups.  I did not eat sprouts, do not think my DS would even allow them in his house.  Good thing he is tall and trim because his eating habits are the pits.  DIL tries to do better and get GD to eat better which is a challenge.  She tends to want to be picky like her daddy but mom makes her eat things anyway. Thank goodness.

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2011

Congrats, Ruth, on the clean scan.

2.3 miles today. Hot, humid, but felt great to get out and move! 

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2011

Oh Ruth, I just logged on to give you a hand hold for your scanxiety mammo and it's done and dusted... congratulations, sending you a BIG ((((HUG))))

Cheryl

• ebann
    edited June 2011

hbcheryl, my granddaughter Aubrey is getting so big. She waves, claps, dances, she saying a few words. Oh the greatest thing is she gives hugs. (((hugs))) Just what I need. She is my inspiration. Thanks for asking.

Always got to have a bath time pic, Laughing

PET scan is scheduled for Tuesday 10:30am Arizona time. Decided to seek some help and go back to my counselor I am having an emotional time with all of this and at this point just do not know what to do. So I am reaching out. Thank you all for loving me and supporting me. I will be doing my therapy I do it twice a day and I make sure I add the upper level of my body as will.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

What a sweet baby! I'm glad you will talk to someone, Elizabeth. I wish there was something else that we could do besides offer you our love and support.

• ebann
    edited June 2011

Oh Ruth thank you  your words mean a lot. I also meant to say congrats on your mammo. We always love to hear good news.

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2011

Oh Elizabeth, she is delicious, so sweet and I see two little teeth.  I second what Ruth says, I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster you are on, there is absolutely no shame in reaching out for help, I just wish we could do more for you, but just know we love and care for you (((((HUG))))).

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2011

ruth - congrats on the clean mammogram....!

• Sherryc
    edited June 2011

elizabeth she is so cute.  Love bathtime pics.  Wish there was more we could do here for you but know that we are here anytime you need us.

• badger
    edited June 2011

Elizabeth, she's adorable!  

Good for you reaching out, it's amazing how much help "just talking" can be.

Will aim good vibes West next Tuesday morning.

Congrats Ruth on clean mammo.

Glad you're feeling better Sherry.

I posted this poem elsewhere and Ruth asked if she could copy it here, what a good idea!

That thorny path, those stormy skies,

Have drawn our spirits nearer;

And rendered us, by sorrow's ties,

Each to the other dearer.

- BERNARD BARTON

Lots of love and {{hugs}} to all.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Beautiful and true!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2011

Very hot and humid this afternoon (for the first time all summer), so stayed inside and did 30 minutes pilates & 30 of 'Cardio Dance Party'.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2011

ebann, great pic - she's a cutie.  And many HUGS out there for you to just reach out and grab when you need one.  Give yourself kudos also for the threapy.  So many think it's a negative when it's just another resource. 

Exercise has been so little this week but will try and make up for lots of it this 4-day weekend.

Night my sculpted friends.