Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2011

A 3-mile walk today. Hot & humid, but it always feels good to get out for a while. Happy Independence Day!

• shannonW
    shannonW Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2011

Half hour walk with my doggie(Sophie the Maltipoo). Didn't walk as fast as I usually do but great time to think and get some fresh air!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2011
    Hi to spellgirl and shannon! Just did 30 minute pilate DVD. Trying to exercise ahead, because on Wednesday I go on vacation and will have to get my exercise while cavorting on the beach.Smile
  • MRDRN
    MRDRN Member Posts: 177
    edited July 2011

One hour of exercise between water aearobics and walking :) So motivated by reading these posts.  Keep up the moving moving moving.....

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2011

walked for an hour this a.m.  I'm getting to know several dogs and the people who walk them.

Laughing

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited July 2011

Hey Spellgirl - I am almost four weeks out from a UMX - and I find that streching makes all the difference... but I am UMX rather than BMX, so.... also, for walking the dog (I have two), I find that listening to books on my ipod motivates me to get on out there....

• Just_V
    edited July 2011

So anybody else bad out there that skipped the exercise yesterday?  My DH and I walked around a part of town where we went to brunch, but I did not take the girls on their walk and also skipped my 1.6 mile walk.... am I the only lazy butt?

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2011

vhshea - It's good to skip once in a while, especially if it involves your DH & brunch! Hey - you even ran a bit a few days ago - definitely not a "lazy butt"!

This morning walked the dogs, but only a short distance, then did 3 miles - my regular route. I am enjoying feeling well enough again to get out and move! 

• ruthbru
    edited July 2011

Walked an hour & toned 45 minutes. I've only been good because I know I will be bad the rest of the week!

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited July 2011

I had my PET scan today. I was so miserable. My leg/hip was in so much pain it literally put me in tears. I could not believe it. I am so glad it is over. Will be calling on Friday for results. I called in another prescription of Percocet to help with the pain. I did come home and do my exercises for my therapy and did some weights for the upper half. See my therapist tomorrow for outpatient now. Got a cancelation from my counselore and will be seeing her tomorrow instead on the 12th, The sooner the better.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2011

Did cardiac cardio for 30 min yesterday and then rowed 4kms..in the competitve boat this time.  Nothing else to report!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2011

Hugs to Elizabeth.

I fly off tomorrow for my little vacation in the Carolinas. See you in a week. You all are AWESOME! Ruth

• Spellgirl
    Spellgirl Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2011
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I only made it halfway around the block today- but that was because a neighbor met up with me and offered to come to my house and do some weeding! How awesome is THAT! Tomorrow IS another day- and I will try again. Laughing
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2011

Body Step class tonight and it was a new release, lots of different kinds of moves so not only challenged the body it challenged the mind.

(((Elizabeth))) I'm sorry you had so much pain while you had your PET hopefully by now the pain meds have kicked in and you are comfortable. Good luck with the therapist and fingers crossed for Friday.

Hi Spellgirl and welcome, don't forget to do the crawl up the wall exercises with your fingers it really does help to loosen things up and gets your range of motion back and the one thing I don't think I was prepared for was the "sunburned" feeling in my bicep, it seemed to last forever. When I was okayed for exercise after 6 weeks the main class I did was Body Flow which is tai chi/yoga. Tai Chi is wonderful as it promotes the deep breathing we need to move the lymph fluid around and it's very calming. As to timing I think it all depends on how you are feeling but just start out easy.

Vshea I didn't do anything yesterday but laze in the pool and so glad I don't belong to Wednesday Weigh In cause I ate the 4 food groups --- hamburger, hot dog, chili and ice creamSurprised

Ruth have a wonderful time with your sister, frolic in the ocean and wiggle your toes in the sand, we'll miss you and we'll see you next week.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2011

Have fun, Ruth!  Give Wonderland a hug from us please.  We leave tomorrow for Chicago.  The games threads will be very quiet.

Yesterday, DH and I went clothes shopping then stopped at an A&W for root beer floats.  He got a burger & fries and I had a Coney dog, haven't had one of those in ages.  Cheryl, I hit three of your four food groups in one meal - yikes! 

Elizabeth, I am so sorry you had to endure such pain during your PET scan. Hopefully the meds kicked in and you are more comfortable now.  I won't be able to post Friday but will be thinking of you.  Glad you got in to see the counselor a week earlier.

On vacation this week but can't shake the habit of getting up early.  Having my first cuppa joe then will head out for a walk while it's still cool.  {{hugs}} to all

edit to add: spellgirl that is an AWESOME neighbor!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2011

Sorry I haven't posted for a bit - we've been having exciting times.  We had a violent storm up at the cabin this weekend, and a large tree limb crashed through the roof.  Everyone is OK (the chihuahua and cat are still a bit spooked), but obviously it left a mess.  We spent most of the weekend chainsawing, lopping, and otherwise clearing the debris off the roof and out of the yard, cleaning up plaster, wood, and roof bits that were in the house, pulling up the rugs where the rain had gotten in, and attaching a blue tarp to protect the roof.  Contractors and insurance have been on site so now we're awaiting bids to get things fixed up.  But I've been too tired since then to even think about exercise!  Today is lunchtime yoga today, so that sounds perfect to help loosen up sore muscles. 

You know I'm tired when we had Nats tix for last night's game against the Cubs and we didn't even go!

Elizabeth - sorry you had such a rough time during your PET.  Hope the percocet has kicked in by now.  And I'm so glad the counselor called to squeeze you in earlier.  Everyone else - sounds like vacation plans are in full swing - enjoy!

• Just_V
    edited July 2011

OK - so last night after the BC support group (first I've gone to - informative info from a BS who came to speak), I walked the girls for their .6 mile around the block, then (with a support bra this time for my 'good' boob), I went running!  I ran 5 minutes, walked two minutes, ran 2.5 minutes, walked 2 minutes, ran 5 minutes... I might get back up to running 20 minutes continuously just in time for my exchange surgery when I will get to go through this all again... LOL... oh well..

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2011

Tried my first ever spin class last night - boy my butt is still so sore even sitting on this well-padded office chair.  Co-worker says I'll get used to it!  Not if I never do one of those classes again.  One hour of torture, second only to the dreaded elliptical.  It is an absolutely great workout but I hated every minute of it after the first 15 mins!

Think I'll just stick to water aerobics/jogging at the gym.  Just can't see myself as a masochist.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited July 2011

Did my yoga class last night.  Think I will ride my bike this evening. 

Elizabeth so sorry your Pet Scan had you in such pain.  Hope the meds are working and hope the pet scan comes out positive. Keep us posted.

vhshea good for you for running.  I had to give it up, my hip hurts way to bad.  cycling is much better for my hip.

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2011

Patoo nooooooo you have to go back, I was terrified the first time I did it and it took me a long time to go back for a second go but now I absolutely love it, don't laugh but I couldn't even coordinate taking my hands off the handlebars to get myself a drink and yes the old behind does suffer I just figure it's extra exercise points for all the jiggling I do to get comfortableLaughing  Mary i'm so sorry that happened but glad that you and your kids are okay - did it damage any of the exterior walls or just the roof?  and all that sawing/chopping/cleaning up is exercise enough no wonder you are pooped.  Badger have a wonderful time in Chicago and all the walking will negate all the eating that you're bound to doTongue out.

Will be back tonight after my class to report in, have a great day everyone.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2011

hbcheryl, I'll take it under advisement.  My coworker said the same thing.  I just can't put my mind around torturing my backside, inner thighs, and shoulders.  Isn't there a disease where people knowingly torture themselves?  Maybe I'll go find some butt padding.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited July 2011

Spellgirl - Welcome! What a nice neighbor you have.

ebann - (((Hugs))) Hope your painkiller is working now. Glad you see the therapist tomorrow.

Cheryl - Love your 4 food groups!

Sandy - Our Dragon queen! Wish I could row with you.

Badger - Can't wait to hear about your Chicago trip!

Mary - I was exhausted just reading your post! What a mess!

vhshea - Glad the support bra is working! Smile

patoo - Hope your bottom survived your hour of being a masochist. (hee hee)

Sherry - Glad cycling is working for your hip.

Good evening to everyone!

Walked/jogged in the light dizzle for 1/2 mile. Came home and finished the walk inside. I look weird walking fast and swinging my arms in the house but it works.

Guess what! Ruth is in NC and we are having lunch together tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! My camera is packed and I'll post pictures tomorrow.

• Spellgirl
    Spellgirl Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2011

Hi all- sounds like an exciting day for several of us!

Nats fan- had the same thing happen to our shed this weekend- large limb through the roof. Tho instead of cleaning up, we just kind of looked at it! Fortunately we are not living in the shed so it can wait until my arms are functional again. LOL  Good luck with the cleanup.

Patoo- I am so with you on the spin classes. Taught step, hi/lo, core strength, stretching, and other aerobic classes for years- but I never was any good at the bike classes. Luckily there are a lot of other fun new things to try...

Today I walked the Lucydog 1.5 miles, and then rested the rest of my day away!

Cheryl, thanks for the wall crawl reminder. My PS has never given me any exercises to do,but I had heard of that one and will try it.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited July 2011

Did my cycling through our city park.  It is such a pretty park with the river flowing through it.  The walking and bike trails go right along the river.

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2011

Did two classes tonight Body Pump and Body Combat - strong and fierce, and now I'm feeling poopedEmbarassed

Patoo I can assure you I have lots of natural butt padding but I'm thinking of getting one of those padded seat covers, a couple of girls at my gym use them. Wonderland how exciting, I know you and Ruth will have a fabulous time, give her a big hug from us.  Spellgirl your neighbor is a gem, so is your Lucy a Springer spaniel?  Nite all.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2011

jUST DOING A QUICK CHECK IN BEFORE WORK ooopssorry I as yelling. Have ben awake since 5:45 and decided just to get up and dealw itht he day...did my cardio class yesterday and then a bit of retails shopping ( walking around winnners must count)...found some shorts/capris I liked (I had buying plants) and a tshi that does not make me lopsided. YAY! tonight is rowing and the race is this weekend. May have bit off mor ethan I can chew..but it is only 200 meters! enjoying it all in any case. Have a great day ladies!

• Just_V
    edited July 2011

ugh  - so paying the price for running on tuesday - all day yestedary my TE felt uber tight and uncomfortable - I did walk last night my my shoulders are so very tight and I am exhausted... I know it has to get better....

• virtual
    virtual Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2011

vhshea, I'm so impressed with your running.   I've continued with my 1 mile walks daily since my first post and just upped it yesterday to a  2.5 mile loop and feeling good.  I did try a jog for a short distance and found that I would start to feel tight around my TE after about 20 seconds, then I would return to walking.  I'd like to start some abdominal workouts, maybe today with floor bicycles, in/outs etc...

Keep at it everyone!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited July 2011

Ruthbru and Wonderland 002

Ruth is visiting her sister and niece in NC. We were able to meet today for lunch. Ruth is WONDERFUL!!! I gave her several hugs from all of you (and me of course). This is truly special to me.

Ruth's sister: thank-you for lunch!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2011

Wonder and Ruth - Don't you both look fabulous!!!!  Thanks so much for posting it!  And I'm assuming that after lunch you did a spin class or something, right??? Wink

I"m STILL tired from the Big Storm Cleanup - stupid Femara fatigue.  I did manage to go to lunchtime yoga yesterday and did my 15 minute Lebeds this morning, but that's all I've been up to doing. Hopefully another early-to-bed night will do it.  I'm feeling like such a slacker compared to all of you!