Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2011
    That's okay Ruth I read about the fudge and went and got a piece of chocolate cause my taste buds had been stimulated.  Oh and be glad you don't live in California as now all of the restaurants have to post calories, do you know how disheartening it is to go out to eat and have to look at the calorie countFrown
  • Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited July 2011

I've done no exercise (well, I did weed yesterday to stave off complete boredom! ugh!) and I have lost five pounds - PS did remove the TE but that could not have weighed 5 pounds, right?  I think the loss is a side effect of the uber strong antibiotics he put me on... wish the weight loss correlated with a firming of my love handles, but nope; those are wiggly (is that a word???)

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2011

If I weighed 90 pounds, I would still have love handles!!!! Frown

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited July 2011

Ruth you made me laugh at your comment about drooling on the computer. LOL

I don't get it I am considered skinny but still have a belly.  But if I can ever gain weight and have my reconstruction I will get the tummy tuck.  Guess something good has to happen with it.

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2011

I gave up long ago on getting rid of the belly! If I can maintain my weight or loose a few pounds, I'll be happy, but I'm sure I'll always have the belly. 

Walked 4 miles yesterday in the heat - it actually felt great! Today I'll do a light weight DVD.

You ladies inspire me!

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited July 2011

carol - i will virtually exercise through my surgerysister!  go girl!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2011

Ruth - I met Abraham Lincoln over the weekend!  Laughing  We went to a Vintage Baseball Tournament in Gettysburg (they play baseball using 1863 rules) and Abraham Lincoln was there watching one of the games.  So was Robert E. Lee, Matthew Brady, and (for real) Dr. Samuel Mudd's great-great (however many it takes to get to this generation) grandson.  The grandson was fun - he said he'd gone over to Abraham Lincoln to talk, and they'd reached "an accomodation".  The baseball games were fun - old time uniforms and old time rules - no gloves, no pitcher's mound, underhand pitches, 3 balls is a walk, and balls caught on a bounce are outs, just like balls caught on the fly.  

Oh, and a tree fell on the storage shed at the cabin, totally destroying it.  So guess what we did all day yesterday?  At least we were well-practiced in cutting up trees and removing debris.  Not sure why the Entish Folk (for you Tolkien people) have declared war on us lately!

Some Wisconsin cousins are in town and went to dinner at another cousin's last night.  Always fun to get together, but I ate and drank way too much we got home way too late.  I had such a good Wednesday Weigh In last week - I think this weekend will be not so good after last night's feast.  And of course they want to go out again tonight for their last night! Surprised

That alarm came awfully early this morning.  I did a forty minute neighborhood walk - I was lucky to crawl out of bed to do that. 

Stay cool everyone!   

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited July 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Well, I can see I inspired a few of you to go out and eat chocolateEmbarassed.  Ah, well . . . as I think I've said before, we do blow our diets then jump back on the diet.  So it goes.

I hope Everyone is surviving the heat back there.  Still hot today, I see.  Take care if you exercise.

Ran 4.6 miles today; will sculpt and tone tonight, without the chocolate!

HUGS

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2011

Came on to inspire so will go down and jump on the treadmill.  Report back in a bit.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2011

I'm still back a page thinking about coconut M&M's - didn't know there was such a thing!

Julie, yes all of the fake Democrats lost their primaries, what a waste of time and money. 

If the party of fakers ever again tries to assert its integrity, I will LMAO.  But it bought them the time they needed for gerrymandering.  I had better not say any more, this is not the place.

Three of us walked inside the Capitol at noon today, it's way too hot to exercise outside.

• patoo
    edited July 2011

Okay, did 40 mins, a little under 2 miles and about 235 calories.   Thanks for the motivation. 

Lately chocolate has caused a rash to break out my upper lip - really uncomfortable so I'm having to satisfy my sweet tooth some other way. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2011

patoo, I'm allergic to chocolate.  I can have one or two small pieces (hershey kiss size) but any more than that and I get croup.  So I don't eat chocolate very much or very often.

Ruth, I read this article today about kids choosing N. Dakota for college - interesting!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304231204576406042109860376.html?mod=ITP_pageone_0

• mscal02
    mscal02 Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2011

Hi Ladies: I walked for about 30 minutes, rode my bike and came in and jumped on the elliptical.

• patoo
    edited July 2011

Way to go, mscal02!  Anyone who gets on that torture elliptical, esp after walking and biking, is a star in my book.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2011

Hi, too hot and humid to do anything outside so did an hour on the treadmill instead.

Mary, very cool about the old time baseball game. Glad to hear that Lincoln has forgiven the Mudds. (Lincoln was a very good athlete himself, especially excelling in wrestling, people would bet on wrestling matches for fun, and you'd never want to bet against Lincoln because he usually won.)

Badger, coconut M &Ms are as sinful as they sound. Thanks for the article about ND colleges. We do get kids from all over.....and it is a good deal, both pricewise and education wise.

Tonight I went to a benefit for a 16 year old girl in our town who was diagnosed with a rare nasal cancer. She has had several surgeries and now needs specialized treatment in Boston. I was struck by the great community spirit which is surrounding her. Tons of people, food, a silent auction, a local band, and the young lady, herself, and her friends were selling lime green teeshirts with the slogan 'NO SURRENDER', which was the theme for the night. Wow!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2011

Badger & Patoo, please don't worry yourselves I am eating enough chocolate to cover all three of usInnocent.  Ruth don't you love community spirit how wonderful that everyone is rallying around her.

Tonight I did 45 minutes of a Body Step class then ran next door as I had to set up my bike and did a Spin class.  Bought new shoes yesterday, they felt fabulous in the store when I put them on tonight they felt terrible, think I'll take them back!!!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2011

Feeling much better this morning!  30 minutes jogging at 6am, and I was a sweaty mess when I was done even at that early hour.  There were lots of other joggers and walkers out early as well.  It's going to be a brutal day like everyone else seems to be having.  Routine checkup with surgeon at Hopkins today which is always a bit nerve wracking.  I plan on stopping at Fleet Feet on the way home and treating myself to professionally fitted jogging shoes.  If I'm silly enough to keep jogging, I think I'm at the age where I need to take all precautions to avoid injury. From everything I've heard about them, Fleet Feet take lots and lots of time with you to make sure your shoes are fitted properly for you and for the activities you do.  Of course, that means they're going to be a little more expensive than my normal discount store shoes.  Oh well. Money mouth

Ruth - how very cool that your community is pulling together for the young girl.  It's not fair for any of us to get cancer, but it's especially cruel when it happens to a young person.  That community support has to be helping her so much get through this.  

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited July 2011

Ruth I always love when the community rallies together like that.  Years ago we had a young boy be hit by lightening on a family vacation to Colorado.  The community rallied together for prayer vigials, music etc.  It is amazing now all these years later how well he has done with PT.  He is disable but doing far more than was ever predicted.

Went to my last night of Bible study last night and we had a nice lasagna dinner.  I had garlic bread that was soaked in butter,yum.  so I got on the scales this morning and I have actually gained 3 pounds.  I have at least 12 more to go at the minimum.  So I am almost 1/4 way there.  Trying to keep it positive.  tonight is yoga night and I can't wait.  Will have to tell my instructor about my herniated disk so she can work the posses correctly for me.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2011

Just did the 60 minute FIRM '500 Calorie' DVD for the first time in awhile. It is just as hard as I remembered it!

• julie75
    edited July 2011

Hello, Everyone:

Did free weights last night, along with the treadmill and vertical leg press.

hbCheryl:  Any word on the mammo?  Waiting anxiously to hear results (as we all are) . . .

Sherry:  Glad about the weight gain!  Hope you enjoyed your yoga.

Mary:  Good luck with the surgeon appt.  Good running shoes are very important; I've always spent just a bit more for them (Aasics).

Ruth:  Good for you!!!  Blast those calories away!  Love the "no surrender" theme and the good vibes coming from the cancer benefit.

Badger:  Understand the frustration with the WI legislature.   Wish I could join you in your walks inside the Capitol.

Everyone:  Try and keep cool - seems like all of the U.S. is simply sweltering, including us out here in CA.

HUGS.

• goldenmom
    edited July 2011

vhshea - Thanks for your encouragement, surgery sis!  I walked 5 miles for us this morning. Yes, it's hot here in Miami but, oddly enough, not as hot as some of the temps some of you are experiencing.

I feel so much better after exercising and it's a great "escape" from thinking about medical issues.

I love this thread! 

• julie75
    edited July 2011

goldenmom:  Good for you!  Five miles is fantastic anywhere!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2011

Sherry- just getting back on here. I am days behind!!! Glad to hear they are taking the conservative approach..you do no tneed more anaesthetic and recovery at the moment my friend!! my goodness..

• Sandeeonherown
    edited July 2011

oh and yay for you gaining weight!!

I went to cardiac cardio yesterday and was back to 3.9 with an 8 incline so my week of meltdown seems to not have put me behind..then went to paddling practice and was at the front of the boat..was later told I was easy to follow so it was a relief to know that I kept the pace and did not slow anyone down! Have cardiac cardio again tomorrow then a quick shower and a walk downtown to see Cirque du Soliel...I have always wanted to see them. Hope all are doing well.

• patoo
    edited July 2011

So decided to buy running shoes, not just cross trainers but for running.  I love to walk but want to work up to running at least a little.  62 years old and now wanting to run - we'll see!  Stopped at the park and walked/ran a little and I can see that I might be able to build some endurance.  So, 20 lbs look out because I'm determined to send you packing!

HUGS to all.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited July 2011

Patoo- now there is the inspiration!!!

• patoo
    edited July 2011

No, all you wonderful sisters here are my inspiration.  Seriously!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2011

We are all each others inspirations!!!!!

• goldenmom
    edited July 2011

Go Patoo! You can do it!  Hey, I'm, 61 and, although not back to running yet after MX, I'm walking and can't wait to run again. Great that you have that motivation to run - it will reward you with feeling great!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited July 2011

PaTOO- if you inspire us, that is great! I am running on thr treadmill in the cardiac class and the people around me say that inspires them...so even on the days (well, except last week) that I feel I can't do it...I do it anyhow because i know it is helping them and pushing them along so....keep inspiring us:)