Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• rabbit
    rabbit Member Posts: 74
    edited July 2011

wooohooo mscal2, I miss the days of being able to walk that long! Awesome job! When was your last chemo or rads? 

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited July 2011

Survived a full day at the office... i taped some batting to the inside of my shirt (cannot wear bras yet) and then threw on a light, short sleeved cotton sweater (it only got to 105 in Dallas today - sweater wearing is all the rage)... Did not get overly tired but then I did not push to hard. 

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2011

vhshea - congrats on putting in a full day at work - count that as a workout!

Walked three miles today in the heat, but it felt great! 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2011

V, that's very creative, glad you got through a full day!

It was a beautiful day and five of us walked at noon.

Walking is my favorite exercise, it's easy and no special equipment except good shoes.

Take care everyone, Elizabeth I hope you are feeling a tad bit better these days.  {{hugs}}

• mscal02
    mscal02 Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2011

rabbit: I finished chemo in 09 and rads in April 10. I had DIEP surgery May 20th 2011. I don't know when I will be having stage 2 yet. My next appointment is in Sept.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited July 2011

vhshea glad you made it a full day at the office.  It was really hot in south Texas as well.  I'm tired of the heat and ready for fall.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited July 2011

We had a short rain shower but it cooled the temperature down. I fast walked my neighborhood route plus "walked" 1 mile with my Leslie Sansone CD.

• MRDRN
    MRDRN Member Posts: 177
    edited July 2011

Very motivating thread to read...thanks to all.   Congrats to ALL the positive movers and shakers ;)

I took the dog to the dog park...tried walking her but she was pulling so hard!  I swam and used weights inside (new for me).   Honestly I am not increasing my exercise but I need too...Last thursday I did play tennis doubles in the high heat and last the whole match. 

I will continue to try and move more! 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2011

Body Combat class tonight, half way through as I was puffing and panting I said "I'm too old for this" Eduardo was half way across the room with his back to us changing the music and replied "oh get real Cheryl" guess he has more faith in me than I had in myself tonight.  I'm going to be a naughty girl tomorrow and ditch work and take my visitors out to Glen Ivy for a day of laying in the sun, Mudding and swimming and general relaxation.

Thinking of you Julie and wishing you good thoughts for tomorrow.  Big (((HUG))) to all.

Cheryl

• Just_V
    edited July 2011

OK - totally ditched walking even this morning - our low was 87, and at 6:30, when the alarm went off, it was already 88 -- my 12 year old dog barely made it around the block yesterday (it was 83 at 6:30 yesterday)... I think Dallas is really trying hard for a new record of consecutive 100+ days - we did set a record for a high low temp last night (yee haw - right?)  - to quote the Wizard of Oz ---- " I'm mellltiiinnggggggg"

• Sherryc
    edited July 2011

vhshea I know what you mean, it feels lilke a hot sauna here.  I was going to get out and bike last night but it was just too hot.

• rabbit
    edited July 2011

My bp yesterday was 90/55 most of the day....today it's 110/70 woohoo! Now I know why my energy level was such crap, for some reason a week or less after infusion, my blood pressue bottoms out and I am just zapped out!! 

Hopefully today I feel up to some exercise.

hugs all!  

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited July 2011

Hey, everyone,

I've tried to catch up on reading but I'm a good 20 pages behind... so until I can get through that, I'll just say hello.  As of 10 days ago, I'm all moved to a new home (my first "my home" in 5 years, you have no idea how good -- and strange -- it is to unpack things I haven't seen for 5 years) (and I keep walking around and saying,"hello, my kitchen!  hello, my laundry room!") and I'm loving it.  One of the very best parts of it is that I'm only 1/2 mile from my much-loved Celery Bog!  although it's been too blasted hot (and I've been way too tired) to walk there yet.   

I'm still looking like crazy for a job.  I haven't been exercising at all for at least 3-4 weeks, unless you count hauling boxes, cleaning, more hauling, unpacking, more hauling... and believe me, I count that!  I was concerned about my left arm (LE) from all the lifting but so far so good. 

One other good note, the last time I saw my cardiologist (to get the results of my recent tests), he told me I didn't need a cardiologist any more!  My heart not only recovered from chemo damage, but was better than when I started (!) (the ability of the body to heal amazes me).  My HDL is very high and my LDL is fine so that's good.  My BP is under control.  I was so shocked and happy to hear that I didn't need to see him any more!  Happy dance!

Hello to the many many new people, wow!  Rabbit, chemo sucks the energy out of you, just do the best you can and take gentle care of yourself.   

I'll work on catching up with everyone and posting more regularly soon... meanwhile, hugs to you all!

PS hottest 2 months of my life were in Dallas in July-August, a few years ago, one of the hottest on record, and even the water in the swimming pool was so hot it wasn't refreshing to swim.  You Texans have my total sympathy!

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited July 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Just a brief fly-by - thanks for all of your well wishes for my surgery tomorrow.  

Carol:  So glad to see you posting again!!!

Mary:  I am interested in the tatooing that Vinnie does, and have some questions . . .I'll shoot you a PM on this.

HUGS to All.

Julie

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,617
    edited July 2011

Cardio X plus some T-Tapp and Callanetics moves.

Going out of town for a night later this week... ideas on what to do in a hotel room for exercise? 

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2011

Today's exercise - 3 miles on the treadmill (walking) and a weight workout.  PS yesterday said "no restrictions" (at least for now - until exchange surgery). Woo hoo! 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2011

Nature, great to here from you!! Moving definitely counts as exercise!!! It is super hard work! Hooray about all your medical reports. Awesome.

zogo, I throw in some toning rings when I go out of town & do some arm things with them & some standing leg work (you really don't want to do anything on the floor of a hotel.....gross!). Also, if they have an exercise room or a safe place to walk around outside.....

Cheryl, you deserve a relaxing day after hanging out with Eduardo the Task Master!

Good luck tomorrow, Julie.

'Yea' for no restrictions, normal BP....normal anything, in fact!

I walked for an hour this morning, severe thunderstorms with possible overland flooding are predicted for this afternoon. I wish we could pipe some of the water down to all you who need it. The ground is totally saturated; sump pumps are going, back roads are closed and there is water running right across the interstate highway in some places. YIKES!

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited July 2011

zogo -- hotel pool or exercise room?  Exercise DVD?  Walk/run/skip (I know, people would probably think you're reliving your childhood) around the hotel x number of times, or up and down stairs?  If all else fails, march in place?  There isn't always a lot of room to move around in a hotel room but there's always room to march in place (take your music player or turn on a radio...).  I'm sure others will have other thoughts.  Enjoy your time out of town!

Julie, I thought your surgery was today, good luck tomorrow!!

• shevawn
    shevawn Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2011

I did five, 90 minute Bikram yoga sessions this past week. Super hot & super sweaty and makes me feel like a million bucks!

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,617
    edited July 2011

Thanks for the ideas, we are going with my oldest son to orientation and registration for college.  *sigh* my first baby is leaving the nest Cry  

I wouldn't want to get anywhere near a swimsuit just yet, and I've been so faithful to my first 37 days of p90x.. haven't missed a day.  I was worried about jumping and making thuds for the poor people below.  I will have to see if there is a workout room where we are staying or the stairs is a great idea.  Otherwise I'm sure I think there is a path along a lake for a nice brisk walk.

Thanks ladies.

Julie, sending good karma for your surgery tomorrow! 

• rabbit
    edited July 2011

Ok, does cooking and laundry count as exercise cause I sure feel like it did!! 

• ruthbru
    edited July 2011

Yes, they count!

zogo, my DS will be a senior in college. I remember how sad I was when he first went off to school, and now I am, "When are you going to move back to school and get your stuff out of here so I can get the carpet cleaned." I must be ready for him to be on his own!!

I did 45 minutes of toning this afternoon.

• mscal02
    mscal02 Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2011

Hi Everyone: I was able to walk 3 hours this morning. A couple had just gotten to the park and as they were passing me the guy made a comment to me that I should get rid of my walking poles, because it looked like they were slowing me down. I told him that I had been walking for 2 and1/2 hours and this was my cool down hour to take my time to get to 3.( don't you think?)

• Sherryc
    edited July 2011

Naturegrrl so glad you got moved and yes it counts as exercise

Julie good luck with surgery tomorrow.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2011

Well I had a lovely day at the spa, floating and swimming and guess what I even found a class there, it was Qi Gong, so 40 minutes of slow breathing, slow movement being at one with the earth and your surrounding it was lovely as we did it under the trees in the shade, the rest of the day was spent dodging the very hot sun and slathering on sunscreen and mud.

Zogo I like the exercise bands for travel, they are light and take no space and you can do bicep curls, triceps stand on them and work your inner/outer thighs, do squats - get extra towels and put them on the floor.  Lovely to see you Carol, you know we've missed you oodles and bunches.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2011

good morning everyone and welcome shevawn.

Carol, great to see you!

Julie, thinking of you, good luck today!

I took a vacation day yesterday to apply for a new job.  I love where I'm at, but the money that funds my project was cut in half for next year, and we hear it will be cut in half again for the year after that.  So it seems the writing is on the wall.  I have time so no need to rush, but if I see something that intrigues me, why not start looking now.

Take care Tarts and {{hugs}} to all.

• Just_V
    edited July 2011

It was 86 at 630 this morning (87 yesterday) but I took the girls on their walk around the block anyway - not as bad as it might be since the sun had not fully risen.. .still on restricted exercise... guess it will be this way for about another couple of weeks... need you all to allow me to exercise virtually through you (except you, patoo -you are way beyond my abilities!!! - oh, yeah - you are off having fun for a week - what's with that!!!!)

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2011

Quick drive by today - a friend was hospitalized yesterday - probably long term, so in the interim I have her pets - a 17 year old Siamese cat, a 13 year old standard dachshund, and a morbidly obese 7 year old miniature pinscher.  This in addition to my own 18 year old Chihuahua and 8 year old orange tabby cat who is extremely annoyed at the disruption in his home! 

My friend had not been well for some time, but had refused help so none of us knew how bad things had gotten for her and for the animals.  She's safe now, and so are the animals, but it had not been a good situation at the end.  Their housebreaking has gotten iffy, the min pin has a terrible ear infection, they're dirty, etc.  My friend apparently had just kept filling their bowls, and the min pin it seems ate most of it!  Also, all three are traumatized because police and rescue came to the house yesterday to take my friend to the hospital and that was frightening for them. 

So, we're starting the process of re-socializing them and re-housebreaking them.  We've got to get them all to the vet as it's probably been years since they've been seen.  I looked at the min pin and declared that he's now on his own private Biggest Loser show and I'm Jillian, so look out, Dog!  I took him for his first walk today - an otherwise healthy 7 year old dog couldn't even do a slow mile! That's going to change. 

I'll catch up with everyone in a few days!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2011

What a good friend you are, Mary! After you whip the dog in shape, you can start your own show, "The Biggest Loser-Pet Addition".

• Sherryc
    edited July 2011

Mary good luck with the pets

BAdger I hope something comes a long that will be your dream job.

vhshea you are doing better than me lately this heat is killing me. My yoga class got cancellled yesterday but I will go to one on Thursday. If I had not been so lazy I could have done one of my tapes, but I was lazy instead.