Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2010
    Hello Ladies - Got my time in today. I did 30min walking, 20 min core  and 15 min of stretching. Felt good. Ques - does anyone know something about phytoestrogens? Avoid flax seeds - that's not easy! Have a good one - Chris
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited January 2010
    Chris, I think you just are not suppose to grind up and dump flax seeds all over everything you eat  (like some people do). If you just have some in passing, I think that is OK. Same with soy, as they both have an estrogen effect, which we estrogen postive women don't want (or maybe want but are trying to stay away from).  Cheryl, for my goal, I am trying to exercise 7 hours a week; so must confess that, since I had a little extra time this morning, I exercised then so I could get ahead, and get out of some work later in the week. Alas, not very superstary at all!!!! Good night all! Ruth
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2010

OOooh, ruth, that's cheating!!!!  (why didn't I think of that).

The one aquacise instructor that I like is on tonight so will definitely get to the gym - that's an hour class.  Will see if I have the stamina afterwards to do the elliptical - I'm gonna defeat that monster yet - that's my goal.

Later.

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited January 2010

Hi everyone!

I exercised this morning.  I did 30 minutes on the treadmill!  I don't usually work out on my workdays but thanks to you all, I did!  I felt so good at work today too!  

Ruth--I have looked at firmdirect too.  I don't think that Super Cardio Mix is the same tape but I'm going to check it again.  I will also be on Ebay too.  I don't think my tape will last much longer.

Have fun everyone!

Lorrie 

• Morgan513
    edited January 2010

Ruth--you are going to flip!  I just check Ebay for the tape and the only one available is going for $59.95!!  OMG!  I love the tape but I don't love it that much!  Yikes!

Lorrie 

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2010

Today was cardio day...I HATE CARDIO DAY! But I always feel good when workout is done, my skin has a nice glow for a couple of days and I sleep better!

* 65 min treadmill

* 30 min bike

Anyone have a good exercise recommendation for upper thighs/butt? I keep changing things up thinking I will figure it out on my own but no luck so far. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

• patoo
    edited January 2010

1 hour aquacise class - 20 mins jogging in pool - 8 mins elliptical

Feeling good but I'm whipped. 

Mom - aren't deep lunges good for thighs/butt?  I can't do them because of my hip but watching other people do them seems it would work for that.

Night all.

• Morgan513
    edited January 2010

Mom of 2--step aerobics is excellent for butts and thighs.  Dips and squats and lunges are the best for targeted toning.  My butt is not sagging at all yet thanks to those things!

Lorrie 

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2010

patoo - I love lunges and squats - they really target.  FYI - I was at Wegmans tonight and they have tons of workout videos - lots on sale.

Did a spin this am and boot camp tomorrow at 9am.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2010

2 mile walk and 90 minute Yoga class! Good day! 

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited January 2010

OK, 25 minutes on the stationary bike today. Cut things short because of knee pain. But I did lose a pound. Strength training tomorrow.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Way to go, all!

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2010

15 minutes on the bike riding to the gym (30 minutes).  Thanks everyone for replying,  It is good to know that we all face the same issues.  It just takes a bit of time to get used to this NEW normal.  

Keep up all the great workouts ladies

Jennie

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    Awesome jobs, everyone! Tonight I did  the FIRM  "Maximum Cardio Burn plus Abs', 55 minutes and then just jumped on the treadmill for 10 minutes to round out the hour. Lorrie, that must be some tape to be worth $60 to someone!!! Holy Cow!!!!! Kris, check out the FIRM website for some of their targeted toning DVDs; they really, really work, better than anything I've ever tried. It is so cold here that I should be using up some calories from just shivering all the time! Take care all, Ruth
  • reeltchr
    edited January 2010

Ruth - Thanks! My onco's nurse got back with me and more or less said the same thing. If it's in the bread or the cereal, it's OK. She just doesn't want me taking the flaxseed oil as a supplement, ingesting way too much. BTW, wheat germ is the same deal as it has phytoestrogens as well (I like wheat germ a lot, d***). Take the calcium and vit D though ladies, we all need that at our mature level. Didn't get a whole lot of exercise today, just some stretching and then walking in the stores. Did get my BP and pulse rate....good scores on that! That made me smile.

Septembersong - Congrats on losing that pound! Every bit counts. I take everything off including my glasses when I get on the scale.Wink

Have a good night ladies. - Chris 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2010

Tonight did one hour Body Jam cardio dance class, and now am absolutely bushed so I'm going to exercise he inside of my eyelids....  

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2010

My walking buddy (my Mom) is home from Florida now!  Unfortunately, it is too slippery for us to get out and walk right now. Frown  So today, the plan is to once again do my FIRM Workout.  The FIRM says you will see results in 10 sessions.  Today will be #8 as I do this program only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  I must say that I do notice a difference in my ability to do the excercises, and find that I can get into some of my smaller clothes. I don't think that anyone else would notice right now, but I feel that I m definitely going in the right direction!!  I was trying to do Richard Simmons DVD's on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays, but was having a little bit of  pain in both knees, so have missed the last 2 sessions (I DID have a head cold also - good excuse right?).  Have to get back on that tomorrow!  Keep up the great work everyone!

• septembersong
    edited January 2010

Thanks, Chris. I go the opposite way--I weigh myself at the gym, where the scale (the kind you see in a dr's office) is more reliable than the one we have at home. I weigh myself with all my clothes on, including sneakers. This actually works as kind of an incentive--if I want to check my weight, I have to go to the gym. Whatever it takes!

I did 30 minutes today on the stationary bike. Strength training exercises are on my calendar, and we'll see what comes of that.

Have a good day, everyone!

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Going to be busy this evening but will try to get at least 30 mins of some aerobics in.

Wheat germ = phytoestrogens????  Good grief, another one bites the dust!  Why don't I just eat some cardboard and be done with it all.  But that's probably carcinogenic too - think I'll Google it.

Later my slimming and toning friends.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2010

FIRM done, but my arms are dead weights now because I started using slightly heavier weights!!  Congrats to everyone in their efforts!!!   My Onc did not say that I should avoid any food, but to eat sensibly following the food guide.  She did say that excercising really is a must though - that's why I'm here!!

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2010

* 35 min elliptical

* 1.5 hrs upper body (weights and circuit)

Workout didn't help...I feel yucky today Frown I'm one of the lucky few that never lost their period. 

Have a great night.

Kris 

• Morgan513
    edited January 2010

Hi everyone!  4 miles on the treadmill this morning.  I've been tired all day.  I didn't sleep well last night.  

I get the results of genetic testing tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous!

You guys are great!  Patoo, you are the funniest.  I know what you mean about eating.  It seems like everything is wrong to eat--even cardboard!  LOL.

Have a great night!

Lorrie 

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2010

One mile run and boot camp with mega squats and pushups.   I will pay for this :o)

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Just got in and had a bowl of soup (homemade so no phytoestrogens!) and a few wheat pretzels.  Going down now and watch the rest of the President's speech while I walk on the treadmill.  The longer he talks, the longer I walk.

• reeltchr
    edited January 2010

Did some yoga today (haven't done that in some time), walked and core work. 1 hr; 20 min

Have a good night ladies.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    Hi All, I did 45 minutes on the treadmill, 'Blast and Toned' with Richard, and then unfortunately ate half of and EXTRA LARGE pizza (it was thin crust and veggie, if that counts for anything). Bad, bad me......Bobbi, mega squats sounds quite impressive! Lorrie, let us know how your tests come out, and Kris, you get extra credit points for working out when you feel crummy!! Check with you all tomorrow. Ruth
  • patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay, 2-1/4 miles - I was starting to wonder.  Now I have to wind my body down or I may be up half the night.  But I feel good.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2010

Good evening everyone did one hour Body Combat class tonight, had to come home and put on my jammies as my clothes were soaked through, I really worked hard and now feel like a limp rag doll.  Oh Ruth I just wish I had a half a pizza to eat I have a fridge full of veggies but I'm too tired to cook so I'm going to have a bowl of cereal, patoo 2-1/4 miles is awesome, bobcat your workout sounds amazing, hope you feel better Kris - keep up the good work everyone.

• Morgan513
    edited January 2010

I wasn't feeling very motivated this morning but then I read all of your posts and I think I will ramp it  up after my doctor appointment this morning.  I need a good workout that leaves my muscles tired.  It always helps me get rid of my angst!  

Cheryl-what's a body combat class like?

Let me just say--I love pizza!  I can eat 4 slices and wish for more!  Not a good thing for someone trying to lose weight!  LOL.

I'll check back later!  

Lorrie 

• septembersong
    edited January 2010

Whoa, motivating is right.

I did 39 minutes (but who's counting) on the stationary bike this a.m. Was aiming for 40 but had some knee pain and that did it.

Exercise class tomorrow.

Have an industrious day everyone!