Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2010
    Yea, Ruth.  Same here, either before or after but either way it makes me get off my butt. 
  • fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2010

Hi All,  haven't been able to do anything excercizy today... I have a head cold and whenever I bend over, it's like a faucet being opened (not quite THAT bad, but enough that it makes doing anything physical very annoying.  Excercise today consists of finding the next kleenex box and blowing!!!  Hope everyone else is feel great!

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2010
    Kris - Thanks for the tip about checking out DVD's for exercising. Never considered looking there (Netflix) and I like the idea of checking it out before buying. I do that with books from the library. I started Femara on the 1st and a common SE is muscle and joint pain. Of course, exercise is one way to manage that difficulty. Good thing I was an exerciser prior to BC, but now I've been trying to be more consistent and do more walking. Pilates is my choice - I really, really like it and swear by it. That's another story. I  did do an hour at the studio yesterday and took a walk and did some core work for about an hour today. Have a good one - Chris
  • bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2010
    Well I did spin again this morning and now it's raining like crazy so glad to be home watching tennis and football.  Ruth - I have two cats.  A black stray that we rescued from under a bush 5 years ago in downtown Newark, NJ - have no idea how she got there but she is the love of our house.  My other cat is also a rescue and came to me two weeks after my BMX - named him Andy Roddick and he is big yellow bundle of energy.  My 19 yr old calico died on the day I returned from the hospital after BMX so Andy came into my life at just the right time.  Our neighbors on the 5th floor(we are on the 6th) have 2 rescue kitties and we leave our doors open so all the cats get along and we have our own little cat colony in the stairwell.  You can tell I'm a cat person - I could go on and on Kiss
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544
    edited January 2010

Mary Louise, hope your cold is better! Bobbi, my very naughty Humane Society cats came with the names of Henry and Oreo. My son, who had never got to name a pet before, chose the name 'Cortana' for the calico. Cortana being the heroine on one of his video games. You are lucky your neighbor cats all get along. Mine tend to fight!!! Surprised Today I've done a 30 minute Firm sculpt DVD,  dusted off an old Richard Simmons video called 'Broadway Sweat' and did 15 minutes on the treadmill. Now I am going to sit around and hopefully do nothing. More snow is predicted here tonight, so we shall see what happens. 

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2010

How do you know when your kid is in college? When they come home for 24 hrs...with laundry...eat...sleep and get cash!!! LOL...loved having her here for any amount of time!

* 30 min stair stepper

* 90 min abs and lower back

* 15 min stretching

It's pouring in Atl today...good afternoon to curl up and watch a movie! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and is ready to start the week with a bang! 

Kris 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    I have a son who is a sophomore in college, and I, too, love it when he brings the laundry home, gives me an update on what he's doing, stocks up on supplies (water, frozen pizza, popcorn etc. etc), even don't mind springing for a tank of gas now and then. You just want to hang onto them for a little longer!!!! Curling up with a movie or book sounds like a good idea to me.  Relaxing day to those who have exercised, everybody else; get to work Wink!
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2010

Did one hour step class, where my legs screamed at me "what did we ever do to you to treat us like this" Surprised then came home and worked in the garden cutting down the roses so they can rest till spring, then swept up all the mess from this past weeks storms so lots of kneeling & bending and now I'm off to the mall for an hour or so to do some walking disguised as shoping.  The sun is shining here but chilly - I feel ridiculous when I say that especially to you Ruth but they say more rain on the way for us in the next few days.  Jennie happy "Australia Day" tomorrow, do me a favor and have a lamington in my honor (yes you'll just have to spend a few extra minutes at Curves to undo the damage) I just drool remembering the taste, aren't memories funny, my Mum passed away 25 years ago and I can still taste her Apple Charlotte!  Have a wonderful sunday everyone, back tomorrow - I also feel guilty if I don't do anything and then come on here, I'm so glad we found each other.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Just did a lot of walking at BJ's (like Costco) today.  Getting ready to do a 2 mile walk DVD (or maybe I'll attempt the 3 mile) just as soon as the game goes off.  I'm not really a football fan except for big games and I guess the Jets game is considered big.  Uh oh, only a minute left and even my limited knowledge tells me they can't make up 14 points to win.  Congrats Colts.

Back later.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay, only made it just barely over 2 miles.  More tomorrow. 

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2010

2 mile walk and 1 hour of Yoga! :)  

Go Patoooooooooooooo!!! :) 

• mantra
    mantra Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2010

Biked, 1 mile walk with dogs and then play a game of golf. I came down with a UTI and my energy level is lower than normal so I figured I would skip the elliptical today. But it's improving so tomorrow I will be back to my usual routine.

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2010

Hello everyone.  I did no exercise at all yesterday, woke up with bad back pain across to the shoulder blade.  I was taking prescription pain tablets and they make me quite woosy(not sure spelling).  Today I have ridden my bike to the gym and because tomorrow is Australia Day, played games while on the recovery stations.  They had a bbq and you had to toss a prawn on the barbie from about 3 metres, and you had to play two up.  If you got two heads(coins) you won.  I'm not sure if you ladies know what I mean but it was FUN.  I managed to get the prawn on the barbie, so my name has gone in the draw.  Not sure what the prize is.  Thanks hbcheryl, I will certainly have a lamington and think of you while eating it.

Just on a side note, I was so annoyed with myself yesterday when I had the back ache, thinking is this something awful(mets) when this time last year, I would of thought I stretched the wrong way or overdid the exercise.  I kept on telling myself your being silly but those thoughts just kept on creeping in.  Today I feel a lot brighter mentally as well as physically.  One of my new years resolutions was not to worry about things I couldn't change but to work on things that I could.  I have been working towards healthy eating as well as exercising.  Most days I have managed this.  Do you ladies also get the "What Ifs" still going round in your head? Oh well enough of my carry on.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Take care

Jennie

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010

Everybody gets the 'what ifs', especially when you get a weird ache or pain or just a down day. I think you are smart to focus on the things you can do. I keep a notebook of all the fun/neat/happy things I've done since BC. Little things like seeing the lilacs bloom in the spring, and big things like seeing my son graduate from high school. No matter what happens in the future, I have had some real blessings now. Well, that is enough of ME carrying on. Take Care, Ruth

• mantra
    mantra Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2010

I definitely get panicked over an ache or pain that is simply just that. . .. an ache or a pain. My mind instantly turns to cancer. Friday I started to have some pain that I knew was the beginning of a urinary tract infection. I've had them before and never thought they were anything else. However, this time I spent time on the computer searching for symptoms of uterine cancer. Intellectually, I knew it was a UTI. But like you said, every ache and pain makes your thoughts turn to cancer.

Ruth - I agree. Since having breast cancer, I absolutely cherish every single day. Nothing is a rush and I enjoy each day for what it is. Saturday I was supposed to golf. It rained. Normally I'd be upset that I missed a day on the golf course. Instead I just sat in my house, watched it rain, commented on how we won't have to water the grass and plants for a few days, and wasn't the least bit upset that I missed a day on the golf course.

Each night I start my prayers with . .. thank you for today. My Type A personality seems to have vanished. I'm mellow, relaxed, happier than I've ever been in my life, accepting and find myself getting immense pleasure from helping someone who needs my help. A year ago, I was typical type A; always thinking of the next project, driven by success and helping someone was considered a chore to be tolerated; one that that took me away from my projects.

Another huge step is that I have not celebrated a birthday since I turned 50. No one was allowed to even mention it. I was unaccepting of growing old and didn't want to be reminded as each year passed. IMO, it was not something to be celebrated. But today I was talking to my daughter and told her that this year I'm having a HUGE birthday party. She was moved to tears and it made her so happy to know that my birthday is no longer just another day . . . it's a day of celebration.

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited January 2010

Good morning!  

I can so relate to worrying about aches and pains.  It stinks.  It's almost like you have to relearn what your body is all about and also remember that before dx you had aches and pains and think nothing of it.  

Well, it Firm Cardio Step Mix for me in about 15 minutes.  It's my favorite!

I'll check back later!

Lorrie 

• mom_of_2
    edited January 2010

HAPPY MONDAY INVINCIBLE GIRLS!

Today is a new day and a new week. Lets get moving...everything counts so doesn't matter if its 5, 10 or 15 min...just do it!  Every little bit helps and over time you'll be surprised what your body can do!

Have a HAPPY day!

Kris 

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited January 2010

Good morning, campers.

Today 30 minutes on the stationary bike. Yesterday I bought a stability ball and mat so that I can work on strength exercises at home. I'll do these at the gym once I get the routine down.

I know I still get very fearful when I have an ache or pain that I would have ignored before this diagnosis. It can be exhausting and debilitating. I do know that pushing myself physically (and I do much less than so many of you on this thread) helps me move forward and feel more like myself. 

Wishing everybody an energized week!

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited January 2010

Just checking in!  I did my Firm workout and it's great.  I'm worried though...it's an old tape and it's starting to get squiggly in places (tracking) and I'm worried that it's wearing out!  I'll be so disappointed because this is my favorite.  I'm going to try to look on Ebay for a copy of it.  I was hoping to find it on DVD but I don't think one exists!

It's going to pour here today so I won't be walking the doggies.  I'm thinking about ramping up my "off" days and I'm going to try to fit in 30 minutes on the treadmill before getting ready for work.  I hope I can really fit it in.

Great job everybody!

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2010

Good morning all!!  Spin and abs this morning and now off to work.  Just got a product in the mail that is supposed to help my brows fill in - I'm so excited and hope it works!  Have great day.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Hi all.  Still at work but came here to get my motivation up to go to the gym after I drop DS off at home. 

Will report later.

• mom_of_2
    edited January 2010

* 30 min step mill a.k.a. sweat machine!

* 10 min cool down treadmill

* 40 lower body circuit

* 15 min stretching

Gonna go soak in a hot bath! Have a restful night ladies! 

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay mom_of_2, now you got me knowing I have to get to the gym - can't let you make me look too bad!!!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    Wow, it is exciting to come on this site and see how GREAT everyone is doing Smile! and Septembersong, it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, its what you are doing for yourself thats important! Lorrie, I bet someone has that tape on Ebay, since it seems like everything is on Ebay, you could also check www.firmdirect.com, maybe they have old videos (let me know if they do, maybe I'll order one too). Bobbi, if that eyebrow product works, let me know what it is, I could also use a little help in that area, Patoo, we can be depressed about the Superbowl together as I was cheering for the Vikings Cry. My exercises for the day: I did a 30 minute BUNS, HIPS & THIGHS video before I went to school (which started 2 hours late because a blizzard), and tonight did a 30 minutes FIRM ARMS tape, and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Keep up the good work gang! Ruth
  • ruthbru
    edited January 2010

Lorrie, I just went on the FIRM website, they have 12 pages of DVD's for sale, on page 7 there is one called "Super Cardio Mix", would that be the one you're looking for?

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2010

2 mile walk! No Yoga yet!!! :O

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2010

OK, so now that my nose has stopped dripping, I was able to get my FIRM tape done!  I always feel better after doing excercise!  Glad to see everyone still excercising... it keeps ME motivated.... Thanks!!

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2010

Hi everyone.  As it is a public holiday here, most places closed.  I have ridden my bike for 30 minutes. 

Its great to see everyone so motivated.  I have got a few dvds that I received from weight watchers, but never even looked at, and today might be the day to start.  I might just wait till everyone goes out in case I look like a twit.  I have no coordination so I tend to stand there moving in the one spot.(marching)

Take care everyone

Jennie

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay, up late finishing 2 reports so didn't get to the gym but I did do a 45 min DVD which was a 3 mile power walk with upper body strength training.  A good workout.  My hip has really been acting up lately and I'm doing more tylenol.  May have to break down and get shots

Good work everyone.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2010

One hour Body Combat Class that has kicked my butt my legs feel like jello and my arms feel like they'd like to fall off.  Jennie a few girls have answered you but I'll add my piece, I think it is so normal for us to over analyze every little ache and twinge, last month my head felt like a bowling ball on my body just heavy and achy, I rushed off to the doctor and found I have arthritis in my neck and I had bought a new pillow that had set me off, but my mind worked overtime and I spent an inordinate amount of time surfing Webmd and google.  Did you wear your navy blue Bonds singlet when you played two up?  Ruth you are a superstar exercising in the morning and the evening - you go girl :)