Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2010

Thanks for motivating me this morning ladies...off to the gym!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2010

Mee too thanks I am also off to the gym

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2010

2 miles yesterday.

You ladies are such warrior women, I'm almost embarrassed to post it! But it is my target! Today is our last warm day in NC, we are getting slammed with ccccccold weather and a "wintery mix" this wkend! So want 2 miles outside today - supposed to be 61 degrees! And Yoga! 

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2010

Just had a spin class and planned a run with my partner for tomorrow morning.  We had an unexpected snow this am and made the roads a mess.  Have a great day everyone!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2010

Hi Lorrie,

Body Combat is a martial arts class that is a combination Kickboxing, Karate, Muay Thai if you go on to you tube and type in Les Mills Body Combat there are lots of postings and you can have a look, now please don't think I look like they do I'm almost 60 years old and when it came to the gym I didn't do it because I was afraid because of my mastectomy but I would watch through the glass while I sat on the bike and then I spoke with the instructor and he said just take it easy so I started doing it and I absolutely love it.  There are times when I can barely catch my breath but I know it has helped me gain endurance and I give it my all and that is all any of us can expect to of ourselves.  Take care all.

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited January 2010

Yikes.  I just typed a message and lost it!  Darn it...oh well..here goes.

Cheryl--thanks for the info.  Body Combat sounds tough but fun.  I love to challenge myself like that.

I got the results of genetic testing today and it is negative!  Whew...that's a relief.  At least it's one worry off my list!

The doctor did go on to say that I should limit alcohol intake to 7 drinks per week or less, exercise for 30 minutes every day and to eat low fat to control my weight.  I guess these are things we can do to minimize a recurrence.

I still haven't worked out yet today.  I have pushed it off til later this afternoon when I'm done with some errands I need to finish.  Maybe the late afternoon exercise will keep me from my urge to snack.  I always get a snack attack around 4:00 in the afternoon.  

Reading all of your posts makes me want to join a gym.  I've been getting bored with my usual routine of tapes and treadmill.  

Have a great afternoon!

Lorrie 

• mom_of_2
    edited January 2010

* 35 min elliptical (gluts)

* 60 min abs

* 60 min walk (outside...61 beautiful degrees in Atl)

Can't thank ya'll enough for this thread. I am motivated everyday just knowing everyone is out there! At the gym, when I'm ready to quit, I think of each and everyone of you and I push myself just a little bit further. Thank you for supporting me in reclaiming my body/mind/soul!

xoxox...

Kris 

• Morgan513
    edited January 2010

Well...did my 4 miles on the treadmill.  I got on it by 3:45.  You all are my motivation!  Thank you!

Lorrie 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2010

Had to come here for motivation.  Think I'll do a DVD.  Back later.  (and thanks!)

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2010

go girls!!

• dawnl64
    dawnl64 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2010

Hi I am new to this sire.  I hope all is going well for you.I read that you are exercising and that gives me hope.  I lost about 61 lbs before I was diagosed in Sept. and since then I have steadily gained back about 40 of it over the chemo treaments.  It is bothering my breathing and walking and I cant wait to try and lose this weight again.  It makes it so hard to do normal activity.  Don't get me wrong I am happy that they caught it early and that I have not suffered to bad from chemo but this extra weight again is driving me crazy and the elevated mood swings with tears included is like a roller coaster.  any suggestions?

thaks Dawn

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Hey Dawn, welcome.  Sorry you had to meet up with us here - we would all have loved to meet instead on the track or at a class at the gym. 

First I think you have to look at yourself and know that you are beautiful just as you are.  Then you tell yourself that it's all about your health, which it is.  Then go back over how you lost the 61 lbs (way to go!) before dx and try and put some of that back into your life.  There is life after dx, during and after tx although it's not the same.  But we are all here and have decided that we are well worth the best we can give ourselves. 

So, rev it up and stay with this thread - these gals rock!  Knowing you are going to post daily on this thread will motivate you to exercise before or after posting because (don't tell them I said this) but some of these ladies are expecting to hear from you every day and will google and find you, take you bodily to the lake and make you swim. 

Okay, okay, getting a little carried away with myself.  It's the endorphins that rushed to my brain after I just finished a 3-mile power walk and used a resistance band for upper body strength training at the same time.

I tell you, Dawn, I would have just sat on this couch if it hadn't been for them.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited January 2010

It's 8:30pm, I just got home from a very long day, sat down in a comfortable chair, opened this up......now I will get up out of the comfortable chair, put on my tennis shoes, go down in the basement and move. Thank you; you guys ROCK!!!!!!!

• patoo
    edited January 2010

See Dawn, it works.  You go Ruth.

Night ladies.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2010

OMG this is pathetic, my day off from exercise is thursday but how can I take a day off when my exercise gal pals are working hard and motivating all who stop by (and I'll bet a lot who just browse, you all know who you are......), so came home from work went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the treadmill then 30 minutes in the weight room working on upper body.  Welcome Dawn just take it day by day and don't beat yourself up just try to do something for yourself every day - you ARE worth it.  Hey all, when I was driving to the gym tonight I realized it was 5:15pm and it was still light out - spring is on it's way.  Keep moving and grooving!!!!

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2010

Hi Dawn, welcome to the club.  I lost 20kg before I started chemo and then put some back on.  I am now back on target and have lost 2.3kgs(some water weight) this week.  It took a while but the exercise gets your metabolism to kick back in.  Just don't give up.  I don't exercise as long as some of the ladies here do but just moving every day counts.  In the beginning I was exercising only 3 x week but my aim now is for at least 30mins daily.

Today 30mins at the gym.

Take care everyone

Jennie 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes "Ab Express". Welcome Dawn, this is the VERY BEST site you could come to! Just start small, but keep moving; when I was doing chemo, on 'feel like crap' days I would just put a timer on and walk around and around the house, and used a broom handle for weights, did a few sit ups, leg lifts etc. Lorrie, whew about the testing, nice to get something off the worry list! Cheryl, how awesome that you took the risk and jumped into the class you wanted to take. That is so, so cool! Patoo's endorphins must have landed here; 'cause as I was walking on the treadmill I started to think about when my son was on the track team in high school. The coaches kept records, of course, and what they emphasized was that each kid should be working for his/her own PR (personal record). So it didn't really matter where you finished in the race,how far you threw, or jumped; if you did better than you've done before, you were a winner and deserved to be very proud of yourself. So that's what we can be, a team, and cheer each other on as we work for our own "PRs". Smile Ruth
  • fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2010

Well said Ruth!  Thanks.  Now I am motivated to get through my FIRM tape once again!

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited January 2010

No gym this a.m. but will do my time on the stationary bike before class this afternoon. Dawn, welcome, and Patoo, thanks for putting into words just what this thread does for us all!

Have an excellent Friday everyone!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2010

Off to the gym today I will try to do 60min on the Eliptical machine.Wish me luck.

• mom_of_2
    edited January 2010

I've had a lazy morning at home...I think I needed it. Off to walk before the rain hits...I hope to get in an hour then gym before picking DS up at school.

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2010
    Mumayan - Love the picture of your kitty. What a hoot!
  • Katey
    Katey Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010

I did a balance ball class today, I'll be hurting tomorrow!  Was snowed in yesterday and missed my pilates, I ordered Core Fusion pilates dvd so I'll have no excuses:)  Except for my exchange surgery next week!  but I'll excersise like crazy till then and start walking as soon as I can after!

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2010

Hello Everyone - Went to the studio and did 1hr of Pilates. Love it! Expecting snow and freezing rain here. If the power goes out ya'll might not hear from me for a couple. I may wind up doing a great deal of moving  around the house just to keep warm. Uggggghhh - I hate being cold.Frown It's hard for me to believe that I used to be a cross country skier.

Keep up the good work and have a wonderful evening.

Chris

• Morgan513
    edited January 2010

Good evening ladies!  You all consistently amaze me and motivate me too!  Patoo, you are just the best!

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning before work.  See--you guys motivated me enough to add in the treadmill on my workdays (my usual no exercise days).  I feel great.  I am surprised at how much more relaxed and "on" I am at the office when I do some exercise.  Who'd have thought?!!

Welcome to all who are new and Dawn, just do what can but just do it!  You'll be happy you did!

Have a great night and keep warm.  It's frigid here.  I wish it would snow though, we could use a new layer of fresh snow on top of the ice!

Lorrie 

• mom_of_2
    edited January 2010

Made it to the gym Laughing followed by mexican and margaritas...LOL!

* 60 min treadmill

* 45 min lower body circuit

* 15 min stair master

HAPPY FRIDAY...EVERYBODY STAY WARM! 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    My DH and I were meeting some friends for dinner at 6:00; so I raced home from school (I'll go back tomorrow and finish my work), did 30 minutes "Rock Solid Buns" DVD, 15 minutes of upper body and 15 of stretching, all before 5:30!! (I was afraid of patoo's threat to throw me in the lake; since there are several feet of ICE to bore through before reaching water!). Reading about our crummy weather stories gives me AN IDEA: whichever one of us either inherits a fortune or wins the lottery will take the rest of us away somewhere warm for a Ladies Spa Weekend (I'm thinking Hawaii, so it wouldn't be so far for Jennie Cool). We could walk/run/kickbox on the beach, swim, golf, maybe find some outdoor bowling alleys.....and of course eat fresh pinneapples and sip (sparingly) on frozen daquaris. How about it? Happy Weekend to Us!!! ruth
  • patoo
    edited January 2010

Mom, after that workout you earned the mexican and margaritas!

Congrats ladies, you made it through another week.  Give yourself thunderous applause.  Aren't we all soooooooooooo proud!

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Ruth, you posted while I was searching for applause.  I love the idea of the Ladies Spa Weekend retreat.  Hope it's an extended weekend - 2 days just wouldn't be long enough.  Three years ago I went to Mexico to a Spa for a week.  Massages, different types, each day.  Yoga.  Water aerobics.  Fitness classes.  Healthy cuisine.  All included, every day for 6 days.  I think it only cost us less than $1000. total inlcuding air from NJ.  Wow.

Hmmmmm, I think the powerball lottery was about 140 million tonight - too bad I don't play!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    I don't play either; I'm hoping for a very, very rich long lost relative to appear on my doorstep! Yes, absolutely an extended weekend; probably we should just plan to stay a whole week Smile! Happy dreaming, Ruth