Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited February 2010

Good afternoon!  I decided to do the treadmill today and not the Firm.  I had such a hard time getting started today.  Anyway, I did 4 miles and am happy I did.  I don't feel as tired as I did when I started.  

Now I just need to do something about losing some weight.  I'm trying but it's just not budging!  Oh well...

Lorrie 

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited February 2010

Ruth - thank you so much for the link!! I really appreciate that. 

Didn't get to work out today.  Attended the funeral of friend's mother - she was 95.  May we all live long and healthy lives like she did.  Only in the last couple of years did dementia start to set in but she was funny and feisty.

There is a spin class at 5:30 but don't know if I want to go back out in the cold.  I'll probably start to feel guilty by 5 though an go :o)

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2010

Another FIRM workout in the books for me!!  Feeling a little worn out though - but I did take my kids shipping today for our trip- THAT would wear anyone out I think!  lol  I think that my Mom (walking buddy) and I are going to try to walk again in the morning cause it should only be around the freezing mark tomorrow!!  Great weather for a brisk walk!! haha

• bobcat
    edited February 2010
    I did the 5:30 spin - I will pay for this Kiss
  • Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Bobcat--you are awesome.  See how this thread gets you motivated even when you don't think you are!

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited February 2010

The week is off to a great start! 

* 45 min elliptical

* 45 min upper body (free weights)

* 3 mile walk 

I just wish all my work would show on scale Cry Changing up eating schedule this week to see if there is a difference. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited February 2010

Did an unenthusiastic 30 minutes on the treadmill, thought, "Blah, I don't feel like doing anything more." Came here and saw that Bobbi, Mary Louise and Lorrie all excerised even though they didn't feel like it; so went back down and did 30 minutes "Speed Body Sculpt". So thanks guys! Of course, I would have had to done it anyway after reading Kris's post-YOU GO GIRL! I think you'll look great no matter what your weight is, because with that workout, you are going to be totally sculpted muscle!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2010

Lazy tonight.  Only did 30 mins on stat bike = 11 miles and then got up to 10 mins elliptical.  Came home and had a light dinner and now on my  way to bed because evenings are tough at home because I just munch. 

Great start to the week ladies.  Don't get frustrated about the scale - we keep this up and it will happen - either lbs or inches!

Nighty, night.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2010

You are all amazing women.  Did my one hour Body Combat class tonight - patoo 10 minutes on the eliptical you go girl and don't be down on yourself, go back a few pages remember when you could only get up to 4 minutes you've increased over 50 percent wooohooo!!!! 

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited February 2010

Hi everyone. Didn't post yesterday but did 30min gym workout and today weather is great so went riding for 45mins. My daughter is back at school today (8 weeks holidays) so finally have the house to myself.
    Take care

Jennie

• fmakj
    edited February 2010

Heading out the door for an hour long walk before work.... still very dark out!  Hope to see the SUN rise, but be are supposed to get light flurries again today!

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited February 2010

Patoo, 10 minutes on the elliptical--you are my hero. 

40 minutes this morning on the stationary bike. I'm not pushing because of the problems I've had with with knee pain in the last week or so. Better to go slow and steady than not at all. Strength training exercises later today.   

Beautiful day here--clear skies, brilliant sun, and the feeling that spring isn't all that far away. Regardless of what that groundhog is doing.

Have a great day, all.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2010

Did a lowimpact class with light hand weights today I hope I am not sorry tomorrow.Sometimes these classes flare up my arthritus in my spine,and feet.I am eating alot of cherries to hopefully counteract a flare up.

• bobcat
    edited February 2010

Another spin class for me - am I in a rut?? I just like the runner's high it gives without the impact.  Kettlebelle boot camp tomorrow to change things up.  Patoo - looks like we're in for a bit of snow again.

• mom_of_2
    edited February 2010

I'm tired today...got up too early and couldn't go back to sleep. Have been fairly productive but fatigue really showed at gym today Frown

* 30 min treadmill

* 30 min lower body circuit

* 2 mile walk

I wouldn't have gone to the gym today without your support. I just asked myself what would "the girls" say? FYI...ya'll said, " go to the gym and do what you can...something is better than nothing". Thank you for the pep talk! Ya'll Rock!

Kris 

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Hey Kris - you hearing those "voices" too?  Hmmmm, I think there's a psych disorder about that! Laughing

• Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Well, I did 30 minutes before work today!  I have to say that I also hear you guys whispering in my ear to just get up and do it!  I have NEVER did any kind of exercise on my workdays and since I tried it last week, I love it!  I'm so much more relaxed and productive at work.  Who'd have thought!

Tomorrow will be another 4 miles on the treadmill.  I see my old nutritionist tomorrow.  I saw her all through treatment until July of last year.  I put on a little weight and have decided to get back to basics and hopefully she will be able to help me!

Reading all of your posts makes me think that I need to seriously consider joining a gym.  All the different classes and machines sound wonderful.

Lorrie 

• patoo
    edited February 2010

I am soooooooooo tired so just stopping by to check in and will turn in early.

Today was a long day with a full day of work then 3 mos followup with med onc (NED) then went to gym and did 75 mins of water aerobics after work.  Next bit of exercise will be walking up the stairs and flopping into bed.

Good work everyone - keep it up.  My Onc was impressed at the 6 days/week of exercise.

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Oh, BTW, anyone in central NJ area there will be a free 12-week aquatic program at the Y for BC survivors.  There is both a day class and they have now added an evening class.  PM me for details.

Morgan, my goal is to also do 15-30 mins before work.  Good work.  See if you can get a one-week free trial at a gym to check before you sink money in.  Now is a good time to do that also because this time of year is when the gym is busiest so you can tell how long it might be to wait for a machine, etc.  So far when I do the stat bike I can watch the classes and tell if I might be able to keep up or if it's just too fast or my hip can't do the moves. 

Okay, really getting out of here for tonight.

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2010

Good evening ladies - Hope everyone is doing well. Did 30 mins of cardio walk, 30 min yoga and about 15 of core work. It's still too cold. Think I'll move to Hawaii.

Good night.

Chris 

• ruthbru
    edited February 2010

Dragged out the old "Jazzerize" tape again, and then 20 minutes on the treadmill. I was  really tired today too, but also heard "THE VOICES". We are AWESOME, TOUGH BROADS!!! Congratulations on your appointment, Patoo. Your doctor SHOULD be impressed Smile. Yea, Lorrie, for adding more exercise, and hooray to all of us for 'just doing it'!!!! Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2010

Did one hour Body Step and then stayed and did half an hour of the Body Jam class, like everyone tonight it was soooooo hard just felt draggy and then got a cramp in my foot, darned shoes I'm going to have to go shopping on saturday and get myself a new pair the ones I have aren't that old but they are driving me or rather my feet crazy.  Congrats Patoo and Ruth is right, doc should be impressed.  Bobcat I tried spin a couple of times and really liked it but they turn the lights low and spin in the dark with just ambient light and I felt a bit claustrophobic also because my arms are so short I had to have someone help clip my feet in and then they had to also undo the clips for me as I couldn't reach down to undo them myself and I kept thinking to myself "if there's a fire I hope someone will help me"!!! but I sure did sweat a lot. 

Now for the good stuff.  A friend of mine arrived from England today, he was here in November so it's only been two months since he's seen me and he said "how much weight have you lost, you look great" here's the rub I haven't lost a lb, I think it must all be moving around as he's the second person in the last couple of days to say something to me, I don't see it but something is happening.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2010
    Awesome, Cheryl!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • hbcheryl
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Ruth, even though I'm tired I feel great - yahooooWink
  • ruthbru
    edited February 2010

If MEN are noticing that you look good; that can only be a good sign!!!

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Yes, hbcheryl, that's a great testimony to all the work we are putting in.  And the good part is that we are doing it for ourselves, not to please or get compliments from someone else.  (although that too helps our motivation).

Wednesday is hard for me because I'm busy in the evening and don't get home until too late to do too much so I really will get my DVD moved upstairs this weekend so that by next Wednesday I can do my workout in the a.m.

Will be back later.  Keep up the awesome work (or the VOICES wiil get ya).

• Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Hi girls!  4 miles on the treadmill again!  This is going so well!  I am feeling so good and so motivated.  

Thanks for the advice Patoo--I will look for a 30 day free trial.  I'd hate to sign on for a year and be disappointed and never use it.

I wish the weather would get better here too.  It's always cold but it's been dreary too.  

Gotta run!  

• mom_of_2
    edited February 2010

Patoo...NED...time for the HAPPY DANCE!!!! That's the best motivating news of the day!

Cheryl...I bet that made your day! All your hard work is paying off! And isn't it wonderful when people notice!

Ruth...seems like these voices are a pattern....do you think we could get a group therapy discount Laughing

Lorrie...I go to the wellness center at the hospital and my DH pays for month to month because in the spring/summer he won't use the gym. You might want to check in your area to see if there is a program affiliated with hospital...they seem to have other options then signing contracts. I guess their philosophy is focused on health instead of profit. 

* 30 min stair master

* 75 min abs/obliques

* 3 mile walk

Off for pizza, beer and catching up with a great friend!

Happy Hump Day...Kris 

• fmakj
    edited February 2010

What a compliment Cheryl!  The scale isn't the only way to keep track of your accomplishments!!  You must feel great!  Patoo!! Dancin' with NED - Congrats!!! 

Went shopping all day today - avoided escalators and elevators and my knees are feeling quite achy, so do not know if I will be able to get downstairs to do my FIRM workout tonight!  But will be going for another walk in the morning! 

Keep up the great work (outs) everyone!!!!   I hear the voices too - thank you!! 

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Just got home from a long day but put on my sneakers and going down for at least 30 mins on the treadmill.