Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2010

No gym for me today but I still got a workout. I got some "baby-time" by taking my friends 8 month old so she could have movie/dinner time with her DH. 4+ hours of rocking...carrying and chasing 20lb Mikey is definitely a workout!

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend...lets keep it up through the week!!!! 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544
    edited January 2010

Cloudy, windy and slippery here today, so I was back inside (jealous of Cheryl who gets to walk on the Pacific AND Atlantic Oceans!!). Did a 55 minute "Aerobic Body Shaping" tape, 10 minutes of lower body and 15 minutes on the treadmill. You are all making me step it up a notch! Still trying to think of a great acronym for the group; what about WHEE (Wondrous Heroines Engaged in Exercise) ? Great week all, have fun in Florida Cheryl!

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2010

Hbcheryl, hope you have a great time in Florida, I 've got to ask, what is snowbirding?   Patoo before you know it you will be an expert on the elliptical. Zumba in the pool, sounds like fun.  When I was having chemo, the first night or two I couldn't sleep so would sit up watching tv through the night and they would advertise Zumba but this was done on land.  It was exhausting just watching.  Today I have done 30mins curves workout and 15 minutes on the bike.  Still very hot here, 42 celsius again today.

Keep up the good work everyone

Jennie

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited January 2010

Good morning, all. Really nasty weather here today in the Boston area--wet, heavy snow and ice, a good day to roll over and stay in bed. I love hearing about the hot weather in Australia. 

BUT my husband drove to the gym today and I did 3 minutes on an elliptical machine. Patoo I will follow your lead and hope to do better with time. Also 30 minutes on the bike.

Ruthbru, I'm liking WHEE for an acronym. I hadn't thought of myself as a wondrous heroine, but really, why not? I can at least agree with the wondrous and engaging in exercise parts!

Have a good day whatever the weather.  

• mom_of_2
    edited January 2010

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

* 45 min elliptical (glut burner!)

* 60 min abs

* 15 min stretching

* 1 mile walk outside on beautiful day Laughing

Found on my Comcast cable last night free workouts! Everything from yoga to salsa and hip hop booty ballet! Tried a couple of new moves to workout my abs today...I hope I feel a soreness tomorrow...always means was good workout.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2010
    OK, did not do any formal excercise this week-end and realize that I don't feel like it today either!!  I did shovel our back deck off this weekend, but that really didn't take more than 20 - 30 minutes.  I am going RIGHT NOW to do my FIRM workout.... hope to be back later having accomplished that.  Thanks mom of 2 for making me motivated again!!  Embarassed
  • bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2010

Spin class this morning and then abs for 15 mintues - I wish those abs would start to tighten up!!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2010

OK, I did it and must admit I feel sooooo much better!  Enjoy your evenings everyone!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    Of course we are WONDEROUS HEROINES!!!!! Smile Smile Smile I just got home from work and have to go to a dinner in half an hour; so will have to double up tomorrow. WHEE!!!
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2010

Nothing like motivating women.  My right hip still has not recovered but doesn't hurt when I'm walking so I'm going downstairs right now and get on the treadmill.  Might not last too long but at least it's movement.

Back later.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay, 30 mins/1-1/2 miles.  That's all today but will get to gym tomorow.

Enjoy ladies.

• kirstensmum
    edited January 2010

My exercise today was taking the dog to the park for a walk.  I was on the bike (15 mins) and walked 15 mins.  Just to hot to do much else, hopefully will go to the pool later today. 

Take care everyone

Jennie

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2010

Hi exercisers! 

I typically walk 2 miles a day (~32 minutes) and do at least 30 minutes of Yoga. Today I had a Dr. appt, so just yoga!!! 

Spring. 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010

Hi all.....so I got home from my supper meeting about 8:00 and was sitting in the recliner reading a book, and a little voice in my head (was it you all?) said, 'Ruth, if you don't do anything tonight, you are going to have to exercise for two hours tomorrow," and being too lazy to want to do that, I dragged myself downstairs and walked (quite slowly) on the treadmill for an hour. Welcome Springtime, this is a GREAT, FUN thread to be part of !! Ruth

• septembersong
    edited January 2010

Welcome Springtime and thanks for the reminder that warmer, longer days are coming soon! (At least in the northern hemisphere).

Three minutes again on the elliptical, which feels much harder than it looks. I think I'm setting a gym record for shortest time on a machine. I had to ratchet down the level on the bike after that. Did 30 minutes there.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2010

30+ minute (2 mile) walk today (no coat!!! yipee!!!) and studio Yoga tonight. :)

• mom_of_2
    edited January 2010

* 2 mile walk outside

Not a big exercise day in my world...had other things that needed my attention. I'll be back at gym tomorrow a.m. 

Happy Tuesday! 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    Half hour on the treadmill and half hour of 'Supercharged Body Scupt" (FIRM tape). Jennie, a snowbird is a northerner who goes south for part or all of the winter to escape the cold weather. North Dakota, where I live, has lovely summers, but really cold, long winters; a lot of people from here become 'snowbirds' when they retire, and get the best of both worlds Cool.
  • patoo
    edited January 2010

Only a 1 hour aquacise class tonight.  I'm beat for some reason so I didn't do the bike or try to increase elliptical record (5 mins!).  Busy t'm evening so will 'try' and do at least 30 mins on treadmill at least.

Welcome Springtime!

Anyone notice that we are exercising at all different times of the day.  That means we are on the move round-the-clock - how cool is that!!!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010
    Our perpetual motion is keeping the Earth in rotation! Patoo, I don't think an hour is an 'only', I think an hour is GREAT, and about 60 minutes longer than most people do at all Laughing. Virtual 'High5s" to everyone! Ruth
  • kirstensmum
    edited January 2010

Thanks Ruthbru for letting me know about snowbirding.  I think I could do with a bit of everyone's colder weather.  Today is not as hot, only 30 celsius but it is humid.  The last few nights have been very uncomfortable for sleeping.  We also have water restrictions and are only allowed to water twice a week, the lawns and gardens are suffering badly. 

Today I have been to the gym and also had a weigh and measure, first time since March 09.  Was not as bad as I thought it would be, apart from my right arm which now has lymphodema.

Keep up the good work everyone,bye for now

Jennie 

• mantra
    mantra Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2010

Looks like a great thread and a great way to motivate. Saturday played 18 holes of golf (first time out since my mastectomy). I was tired but it felt great. DH and my friends were so proud of me and made me feel like I had just climbed a mountain! I've also started using the Elliptical daily. I started at 2 minutes (actually less than 2 minutes if I'm going to be completely honest!) and it's only been a month and I now do 30 minutes a day. I don't do any upper body weight training because I'm afraid something might go wrong and my out of country insurance won't cover it. So when I get back home in April, and after my surgeries, I am going to jump back on the bandwagon. I also walk the dogs a minimum of a mile per day plus bike a couple of miles a day. My neighbor also got a Wii so we've been playing around with it. I think I might buy one too.

And I am 57 years old!   Of course, I will often tell people I'm 75 so I can hear them say "OMG you look FABULOUS. Laughing Oh, and I'm a snowbird too!

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Welcome Mantra.  Thanks for the motivation about the elliptical - I'll keep at it.  And don't worry about the upper body workouts, take time to heal properly your other routines are great.  Keep us posted on the Wii.

I like that you turn your age around and have fun.  Unfortunately if I turn mine around from 61 to 16 people will smirk behind their smiles and think OMG, she looks so much older - LOL!

Later my sisters.  Enjoy your workouts today.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010

Welcome Mantra! Where are you snowbirding? Sounds like you are doing great, and if you can do 18 holes of golf, I don't think that you will have trouble at all with some light weighs (if you would happen to golf as badly as I do; which I'm sure you don't, you would get a complete upper body workout -because I have to swing sooooo many times Frown).

• septembersong
    edited January 2010

Jennie, sorry to hear about the lymphodema. What treatment plan are you following? There's a very good thread on this board for lymphodema. Please let us know how you're doing.

Welcome to the group, Mantra. Yikes, up to 30 minutes from two on the elliptical in a month--that's something to aim for. Glad you're doing so well and enjoying it all too. I would try the age reversal trick as well, but I'm 59, and I just think people would look at me and think, "Why is she still coloring her hair at her age?"

Today I did my three minurtes on the elliptical, 30 on the stationary bike, and then a set of exercises from Miriam Nelson's STRONG WOMEN STAY YOUNG. They were easy, even for me.  Anyone else using that book?

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2010

Mantra - great on the golf.  I have not played since diagnosis 7/08.  Wondering if my new girls will be a problem? 

Jennie - I am following the Australian Open on the tennis channel.  I don't play but I'm a huge fan.

Ruth - lots of PA residents are snowbirds too.  I like the seasons myself but that may change someday if I ever get to retire!!

Ran 2 miles this morning and then a 1 hour boot camp at the Y.  I'll be sore tomorrow.  Off to work...

• mom_of_2
    edited January 2010

GORGEOUS DAY in Atlanta...66 degrees and sunny!!! Walked 2.5 hours (no idea how far)Smile fresh air and natural vitamin D! 

Have a restful night fellow super heros!

Kris 

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Didn't get to do anything today - just busy.  Dr. Oz said not to exercise within 4 hours of bedtime to give your system time toslow down so that's my story for not getting on the treadmill now.  Instead I will take this exhausted system off to bed and do extra tomorrow.

Nighty-night my fellow movers and shakers.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2010

Hi all, 60 minutes of "Super Sculpt plus Abs" and I also walked around and around the house while talking on the phone for 15 minutes, does that count for anything (ha, ha)? Jennie, I hope your arm is OK. That lymphodema stuff really sucks (I hate the word, but sometimes it fits!!). Kris, I am jealous of your weather. We are suppose to get another really big snow storm this weekend, so depressing. I'm only hoping that it waits to strike until after 4:00 Friday, as that's when I have a haircut & color scheduled and keeping that scheduled is crucial to my mental health Smile!!  Gee, if I didn't exercise within 4 hours of bedtime; I would either neever exercise or never go to bed!!! Keep up the good work everyone. Ruth

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2010

Hello Ladies,

Just found this thread. This would be a great motivation for me to stay on the stick. I'm a Pilates person and like to walk. Interesting, that today was a no exercise day for me. (Appts. to keep) I know that I can't exercise at night as it keeps me AWAKE. Not a good sleeper as it is so I don't need to add to it. Tomorrow I will do better. Have a good one.