Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2011

hi all, walked 90 minutes this morning (6 miles) while it was still in the 70's.

Just finished errands incl the library so after lunch will read for a bit then maybe a nap.

Thanks Corinne, I saw a lady in Walgreens yesterday buying a hula hoop for her 10-yo daughter so they sell them if you need another LOL!

• rabbit
    rabbit Member Posts: 74
    edited August 2011

Hi Everyone! 

I actually got in a 35 minute walk this morning humid as all get out but it felt good :)

Gotta love that last week of the 21 day cycle, actually feeling normal lately, until Wednesday......

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited August 2011

Sandee we spent two nights in thepark.We did not see any moose but I had fun watching a mink in the water for quite a while.If the photo I took is good I will post it on the cute thread when I get home.We also enjoyed the fiord boat tour.Today we spent the day in PEI and had lunch in Malpeque Bay.Best oysters and mussels I have ever eaten.Tomorrow we are off to Grand Manan island to do some birding.I am inlove with the east coast.Where in Nova Scotia do youlive?

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited August 2011

was only 83 when I got up this morning in Dallas, so the dogs and I did two loops around the 1/2 mile block... PS appt on Wed - hoping to get cleared to do more than walk - keep your fingers crossed!!!

• badger
    edited August 2011

Got out early this morning and walked for 90 minutes (5.5 miles) in my favorite little park.

Just got the e-mail about yoga classes starting back up this fall - YAY - I am so psyched!

I have not been good about keeping a yoga practice going on my own this summer.

Take care everyone, enjoy the day, and good luck on Weds V.

• rabbit
    edited August 2011

did some crunches and stretching this morning, not much, but better than nothing. Everyone have a great Sunday! 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited August 2011
    DH and I had a nice weekend visiting some old friends. This afternoon we got home in time for me to attend a big backyard birthday party for one of my students. For those of you who were on the thread last winter, it was Ryan's birthday! My little guy who was so critically ill from complications of pnemonia......all the great medical care, love and prayers worked their magic, and he is going strong! (I ate a piece of cake for all of you who joined in his recovery with your own thoughts and prayers Smile.) I got a long walk in and did some toning tonight before I let myself log on tonight. It has actually cooled off enough to open the windows. Refreshing!!!
  • julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited August 2011

Ruth: Wow! Wonderful news; so glad Ryan is doing well. How did the car ever turn out?

Badger: Good news about the yoga!

Mum: You're making me hungry - oysters and mussels sound good right now.

Mary: Thanks for the info. on Vinnie. Still considering what to do about that.

Rabbit: Glad your energy is getting back to normal. Like your pink hat!

hbCheryl: Love the Cheesecake Factory; we could always eat at the one down by you or you could come up to Redondo Beach. I think DH and I are past our surgeries for now (he has had several oral surgeries for a dental implant), whatever you decide.

Elizabeth: Glad to see you enjoying your exercise!

marejo: Welcome, and keep at it. You will lose those 9 pounds. This thread keeps all of us motivated to do so!

Virginia, Ruth and Mary: Understand about the kids and animals; my sister was constantly adopting animals and my parents then inherited them. Was talking to DH last night; I said if I had billions of cash, I'd buy an island or two and set up an environment for all strays. We usually have between 5 - 7 cats going at once; we'd have dogs, too, but no time to walk them. Mary, you're wonderful for working 15 years at a shelter. I've thought of volunteering there, but would probably be in tears all of the time; it was hard enough going to the San Fernando Valley Shelter and only taking one home this year!

Mary: Miss the outdoors, love your tales of robins, trumpet vines, etc.

Sandee: Sent you a PM; keep that paddling going!

HUGS to Everyone Else . . .

Well, I'm proud to say I've got my website officially "productional" today. The URL is http://www.evsbff.org. The "evsbff" stands for Evelyn's Breast Friends Forever; Evelyn Calip founded this nonprofit org. at Torrance Memorial Medical Center, and I've been participating in her events. I have many plans for this site; will keep all of you posted.

As to health, I'm bushed. Found myself in tears yesterday because I was so tired, and then couldn't understand why I was crying(!). At any rate, I did get some exercise in this weekend. I've been using my new leg curl and extension bench. The exercise equipment is crowding the dining room, which is why we never have people over to eat!

At any rate, hope Everyone enjoyed their weekend, and will catch all of you later.

HUGS.

Julie

• rabbit
    edited August 2011

yum, Cheesecake Factory in Louisville LOVE it!! 

Thanks Julie, it's actually almost a salmon color, but it's my new favorite hat! ;) super comfy! 

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Julie, good job on the website! Take some time for yourself so that you don't get worn out.

The car.....the bad news is that DS in still being the chauffer, the good news is that a friend of theirs, who actually knows something about cars and has tools, came over with his pickup and towed the car to his house.........so it is possibly a step in the right direction!

School starts here in two weeks, so the end of goofing off is near for me! Have a great week, everybody!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited August 2011

I did pilates again this morning for 20 min.  I tried to do the Crunch Burlesque workout.  This. was. not. happening.

After the warm up, the instructor was twisting and hair whipping and on the floor, rotating from stomach to knees to a turn to a hair whip on all fours etc etc. And this was the first move!  I tried and I twisted/turned myself right into the TV and knocked down the Wii.  There is nothing sexy about that.  While I currently have the right upper body look for burlesque (nearning the end of TE fills and have the ever so modest bolt-on-stripper-boob look going for me), I don't have the attitude, physical room or knees to pull this off.  

• Just_V
    edited August 2011

Was bad  yesterday - did not walk OR go to church... LOL... just lazed around... it was wonderful.  So this morning I did the mile plus walk with the girls...it's only 83 out right now (7am) but my hot flashes seem to have a challenge with even a low 80 temp!  Ah... the wonders of BC (tami hot flashes!)

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2011

Corrinne - LOL at your Crunch Burlesque workouts!  I love what some of these young things in these videos consider "beginner"moves. Ruth - great news on Ryan!  And it sounds like the car saga will be over soon, hopefully with a lesson or two learned.  Julie - congrats on the website!  And do take care of yourself - tears and frustration do come with being too tired.  Badger - I also can't wait for yoga to start up again - we're in the August recess so no yoga till after Labor Day for me.  Mum - you trip sounds wonderful!  

Took Fat Mikey on a lot of walks this weekend up and down our driveway at the cabin - by "driveway" I mean two ruts in the road with tall grass in the middle, that goes straight up, over, and down the mountain, so it's a short but intense walk.  Did our two mile jog this morning, then cooled off with Mikey's one mile walk.  Spotted two deer grazing in a front yard we passed.   

• rabbit
    edited August 2011

I am going to the Gilda Radner Club here in Louisville, for orientation, they have a Tai Chi class after which I think I will do. I tried it a few years ago and loved it. 

Hope you all get some sort of exercise and feel good today!  

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2011

Crazy busy weekend but did Body Combat on Saturday and then Sunday in the middle of Body Step I had to stop, jump in my car and run home (luckily the gym is only a 5 minute drive from my house) and get my knee brace as my knee kept popping anyways made it back for last 20 minutes of class then did Body Pump, one of the instructors was making her video for certification so they needed bodies.

Had a great weekend swimming and playing silly water gun fights in the pool, neighbor had bought these great toys for her grandkids for when they visit at the end of the month and we ended up playing and having such fun, then yesterday went to the County Fair, one of the girls left for home on Saturday night but one still here and she spent a small fortune, she'd never seen "Carnival of Products" and was lured in hook, line and sinker.  I bought myself a towel that you wet and keeps you cool (you know for those hot flash moments) they also had a pillow that when you rested on it, it cooled down but it was $40, if it'd been $20 I'd have bought it but $40 was too much oh and the food, Fair food is so bad but so good, at least in a group we share so it doesn't make it too bad (at least that's what I tell myself). I'm really going to need a vacation after my last visitor has left, I'm exhausted!!!!!

Julie glad all the surgeries are over for both you and DH and I'll PM you about our meet up, doesn't make any difference up there or down here also congrats on the website. Ruth so glad to hear the Ryan is doing so well and I can't believe it's back to school time but Hannah heads back to Kansas tomorrow they are going a week early so her BF can see his Mom for a couple of days, summer has just flown by. Corinne too funny about your Burlesque workout, you know those girls are in fantastic shape, and as for those stripper girls - have you ever tried to swing yourself on one of those poles, it's darned hard work and they do it is high heelsTongue out Mum PEI is on my wish list of vacation spots, hope you are having fun. Mary, Mikey must surely be svelte Mikey with all his walking, he seems a good natured boy, are your kids jealous of all the attention he is getting?  Think I might give the gym a miss tonight, I'm going to BBQ for Hannah and her friends for her "last night" at home.  Take care everyone.

• Just_V
    edited August 2011

Rabbit - I am going to try Tai Chi too!  Dallas Yoga has a class that they teach on Thursday nights in a local gym.  I am really excited about it!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited August 2011

just a fly by.  Last week I was really busy at work, had a 4-H banquet I had to put together for the kids.  Now this week getting reading for a training I have to hold next week.  Anway going to yoga tonight and can't wait I need it. 

vhshea your post about 1980 and the most consecutive 100+ days.  That made me think that summer I was trying out for a college drill team in East Texas and our practices were in an un air conditioned gym.  We did have fans but that did not help all that much.  I remember we performed at the first pregame for the Dallas Cowboys that summer and I remember how hot and sweaty we all were.  I guess when you are young you just don't think that much about what you are doing.

• Just_V
    edited August 2011

My SIL sent this - it's a bit long, but funny -

When you have to visit a public toilet, you usually find a line of women, so you smile politely and take your place. Once it's your turn, you check for feet under the cubicle doors.

Every cubicle is occupied.  

Finally, a door opens and you dash in, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the cubicle . You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't matter, the wait has been so long you are about to wet your pants!  

The dispenser for the modern 'seat covers' (invented by someone's Mum , no doubt) is handy, but empty. You would hang your bag on the door hook, if there was one, so you carefully, but quickly drape it around your neck, ( Mum would turn over in her grave if you put it on the FLOOR !) down with your pants and assume ' The Stance.  

In this position, your aging, toneless , thigh muscles begin to shake. You'd love to sit down, but having not taken time to wipe the seat or to lay toilet paper on it, you hold 'The Stance.'  

To take your mind off your trembling thighs, you reach for what you discover to be the empty toilet paper dispenser.  

In your mind, you can hear your mother's voice saying, 'Dear, if you had tried to clean the seat, you would have KNOWN there was no toilet paper!' Your thighs shake more.  

You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on yesterday - the one that's still in your bag (the bag around your neck, that now you have to hold up trying not to strangle yourself at the same time). That would have to do, so you crumple it in the puffiest way possible. It's still smaller than your thumbnail .  

Someone pushes your door open because the latch doesn't work.  

The door hits your bag, which is hanging around your neck in front of your chest and you and your bag topple backward against the tank of the toilet.  

'Occupied!' you scream, as you reach for the door, dropping your precious, tiny, crumpled tissue in a puddle on the floor, while losing your footing altogether and sliding down directly onto the TOILET SEAT . It is wet of course. You bolt up, knowing all too well that it's too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with every imaginable germ and life form on the uncovered seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper - not that there was any, even if you had taken time to try.  

You know that your mother would be utterly appalled if she knew, because you're certain her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, dear, 'You just don't KNOW what kind of diseases you could get.  

By this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so confused that it flushes, propelling a stream of water like a fire hose against the inside of the bowl and spraying a fine mist of water that covers your butt and runs down your legs and into your shoes.  

The flush somehow sucks everything down with such force and you grab onto the empty toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged in too.  

At this point, you give up. You're soaked by the spewing water and the wet toilet seat. You're exhausted. You try to wipe with a candy wrapper you found in your pocket and then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks.  

You can't figure out how to operate the taps with the automatic sensors, so you wipe your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and walk past the line of women still waiting  

You are no longer able to smile politely to them. A kind soul at the very end of the line points out a piece of toilet paper trailing from your shoe. (Where was that when you NEEDED it?)  

You yank the paper from your shoe, plonk it in the woman's hand and tell her warmly, 'Here, you just might need this.  

As you exit, you spot your hubby, who has long since entered, used and left the men's toilet. Annoyed, he asks, 'What took you so long and why is your bag hanging around your neck?  

This is dedicated to women everywhere who deal with any public toilets. It finally explains to the men what really does take us so long. It also answers that other commonly asked question about why women go to the toilets in pairs. It's so the other girl can hold the door, hang onto your bag and hand you Kleenex under the door.  

This HAD to be written by a woman! No one else could describe it so accurately.  

Send this to all women that need a good laugh and to the boys to make them understand that being a girl is not all that easy!  

A Friend Is Like A Good Bra...   Hard to Find   ... Supportive   ... Comfortable   ... Always Lifts You Up....Never Lets You Down or Leaves You Hanging...And Is Always Close To Your Heart!!!  

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Laughing FUNNY! I am laughing out loud and can so relate! Just Sunday I was in a restaurant bathroom and, too late, found out the toilet paper dispenser was empty. Luckily for me, the lady in the next stall passed me some, as I didn't even have a used kleenex in my purse!

I walked for an hour & did 45 minutes of toning. Workmen are showing up tomorrow morning (biting the bullet and replacing all the 34 year old windows), I am not sure if I am supposed to leave or stick around ???? But imagine I will have to exercise really early or in the evening as I don't imagine I will want to be in the shower with them dragging around the house.....or will I? Wink

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited August 2011

vhshea I am ROFL that is too funny.

• rabbit
    edited August 2011

Ok, got to the Gilda House for orientation, and there happened to be a breast cancer support group tonight sooooo I chose that over Tai Chi! So, when I got home, I took a 22 minute walk, better than nothing! Nite all :)

xoxoxo 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2011
    Oh V that is just sooooo funny but haven't we all experienced it at one time or another.  Heard from friend who went back to the UK on saturday night, while she was here she gained 10lbs Surprised, yup 10lbs in 2 weeks.  Had house full of kids tonight for Hannahs farewell, they are headed out early tomorrow morning, so sad but before you know it Thanksgiving will be here and she'll be home again.
  • ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited August 2011

Feeling good since I did not have chemo last week. It has been really nice to have that break. Went to the gym rode the bike for 15 mins. & did all my exercised for my legs and used dumb bells for my upper part in the pool. Sat in the sauna for 10 min so that my suit would dry off since I hate peeling off a wet suit. See pt on Tuesday and Thursday and working out at the gym on Friday. Feeling a little bloated went out to eat a few times to many last week. Think the restruants use to much salt in my food. I have cut salt out of all my food and use other spices. I have not missed the salt at all. Can taste it now and I have found I am sensitive to it now. I think I am going to ask now to please no add any salt to my dish and see what they can do for me.

Ruth it is good to hear that  Ryan is doing well. That is what we need to hear.

• FLwarrior
    FLwarrior Member Posts: 614
    edited August 2011

Vhsjea!  That was GREAT!  LOL and LOL again!  Thanks!

• badger
    edited August 2011

Thanks V, that was funny.  Could've been worse with those horrible automatic-flush toilets.  You know, the ones where you move a fraction of an inch and the sensor sees a change in the light and flushes itself. Hate those things and we have them at work.  The other day, there was a mom and a little girl in one of the stalls and the little girl was refusing to go 'cuz it scared her... she's got the right idea LOL!

Got out for a lovely walk yesterday at lunchtime, it was gorgeous.  Should be same today.  Date night tonight, so see you tomorrow!  {{hugs}} to all

• Just_V
    edited August 2011

Badger - we have those tiolets at work - I cannot get out without the damn thing flushing at least twice.. still haven't figure out the trigger mechanism!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2011

My work is an old elementary school that's been re-purposed to house our department.  One of many issues in working in a repurposed building - the original toilets are still in place - extremely low, elementary school height toilets. Yikes - it's an ordeal getting up and down from those!

30 minutes elliptical plus 20 minutes Lebeds plus Mikey's mile walk this morning. It's Fledgling Day here today.  The two baby robins in the backyard left the nest this morning - they're trying out their wings and mom is hovering about so very worried about her precious babies.  On our walk with Mikey, we saw a flicker fledge & mom, a catbird fledge & mom, and two Carolina wren fledges with mom. I guess everyone finished up their last nesting batch of the year today. 

• Just_V
    edited August 2011
    NatsFan - you definitely should include pottying in your listing of excercises --  think of all the deep squats you do each day Laughing
  • Ellie1959
    Ellie1959 Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2011
    Jumping in on your thread- I have walked 6 times in 8 days!!! I just had foot surgery and got the go ahead from my Dr. - I ache when I'm done but I think I'm finally getting back in the swing of things!Cool Ellie
  • wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited August 2011

Ellie: Welcome! Walking 6 times in 8 days after just having foot surgery is impressive!

V: I can so relate to the toilet story! Had me cracking up.

Ruth: Ryan's Birthday Party was a perfect way to end your perfect weekend.

Hello to everyone.

My dd was in a wreck this weekend while she was heading back to college. It happened 15 minutes after she left home. THANK GOD she is fine! Her car was totaled. She was fixing something in the car, started driving off the highway, over-corrected, the car spun around facing backwards and the slide sideways down an enbankment. It makes me sick to think of it. But again, she is fine!

The car was towed to the body shop. We unloaded it into my dh car. A few hours later dd drove on to college in dh's car. I was so proud of her to "get back on the horse." Dh and I drove to her college town the next day with a few leftover things and helped her move into her apartment. 

I haven't been doing much exercise lately because of my sinus problem. Finally went to the doctor today and got a shot and an antibiotic. I should start feeling better soon. Then hopefully I'll be reporting more movement! The doctor said this heat is a breeding field for infections. So, when I do get active again, it will be mainly inside exercise until there's a break in the heat.

Stay cool!