Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2011

Body Step class today but my knees are hurting so I did the class on the floor with no step but I still got an hour of movement.

Julie so glad your kitties are okay, join Groupon and Living Social they sometimes have great deals on vacations to Mexico and Hawaii only trouble is you have to wade through emails every day. V good on you for taking control and hopefully the Dallas weather will cooperate cool down for youTongue out. Badger don't you get so angry with all the political double talk and absolute waste of money, imagine what could be done with that money as so many non profits are failing due to lack of funds and yet these guys seem to have an endless supply of dollars to bash each other in television ads and in the end it's all a game to them grrrrrr.

Hannah called us in tears this morning, three boys from California on their way to her school were in an accident in Utah, one was killed instantly, one died on the life flight and one walked away. I can only imagine the anguish of the families, yesterday they sent their boys off to college today they are gone, so very very sad.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited August 2011

Walked 45 minutes & toned for 45 also.

Oh Cheryl, I am so sorry about those kids. What a heart-breaking thing.Give Hannah a lot of TLC from all of us, her virtual aunties.

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited August 2011

Cheryl:

Oh, my goodness, that is HORRIBLE!  As Ruth says, give Hannah hugs.  Thoughts and prayers are with all of you, as well as the families. 

Julie

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited August 2011

No more traveling for at least a month so this morning its back to the gym.Keep moving ladies.

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited August 2011

Cheryl - a parent's worst nightmare - My daughter had a friend die in an accident and had such a hard time with that - cannot imagine if she had more than one like yours did... so sad.

• Ellie1959
    Ellie1959 Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2011

How awful Cheryl- when my boys were in their wild years I never wanted them in the same car together - I lost my baby girl when she was 2 - and I don't ever want anything to happen to them, I honestly don't think I could take that - those poor families - - Hugs to your daughter -

Ruth - I love Sour cream raisin pie! My neighbor made me one not too long ago  and I was the only one who liked it  - it was awesome. I have a good recipe if anyone is interested.

I walked yesterday -about an hour. Our weather is just gorgeous here in Iowa- about 75 and sunny - it's killing me to be inside working today - Cry But as soon as I get off I plan on my long hilly walk - Have a wonderful afternoon everyone - Ellie

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited August 2011

Did the Butt Bible No.1 workout this morning.  So far, not a lot of pain, but expect (hope) to feel something in the morning.  Woke up this morning determined to get the the best shape I can in the next 4 weeks.  My exchange date is September 9!  It moved this morning from the 16th to the 9th.  I read somewhere in the exchange date thread that you can't work out for 4 weeks or so. 

Is that true? 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2011

Cheryl - how sad.  Two lives gone, and one that will never be the same.  I can't even imagine how devastated the familes are. Hugs to Hannah - it has to be hard on the friends left behind, especially at that age when you really don't ever believe that bad things like that happen.

Didn't do any official exercise over the weekend, but we tackled a long-standing project to clean out the office (a converted spare bedroom).  We had piles of bills, receipts, medical records, etc. stacked all over because we had no place to put it - the file drawers were bulging with old stuff like 10 year old tax returns, owner manuals for products that had long been thrown away, floppy disks (!), etc. We threw out tons of crap, then boxed up all the records we needed to save to move downstairs into storage.  We then went to Container Store to buy organizing stuff so now we have places for paper and other office supplies, a basket for pending bills, drawer space to file away papers we need to keep, etc.  It's wonderful to have it de-cluttered!!

2 miles jogging this morning, plus 1 mile Mikey walk.  And hooray - the contractor started this morning on fixing the cabin roof where the tree went through it.  He says it'll take about a week, which of course probably means 2 weeks.  No matter how long it takes, I'll be glad to be out of the "blue roof" club!

• MRDRN
    MRDRN Member Posts: 177
    edited August 2011

That accident story gave me a chill...very sad but makes you stop and appreciate your children.

I walked the dog until it downpoured and continued the house organizing that seems endless.

Yes, keep moving ladies, as you all inspire me.   If my knees didn't hurt, I swear I would try to run.  My son thinks I am lazy....sigh.....

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited August 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Corrine:  Let's see . . . I was told I could only walk about 3 miles/hour for at least two weeks after my exchange surgery.  I don't think it was an entire month.  Please let us know what you PS says about this; I'd be interested to know.

Ellie:  So sorry about the loss of your daughter at 2 years old, I can see where you would want your boys to be very careful.  Would LOVE the recipie for sour cream raisin pie!  Yes, please share.

mum:  You go, Friend!  I find it tough getting back in the swing of things after vacations/time off.

Mary:  Hope you get that roof in the one week as promised.  Glad to see your jogging despite the comment you received - our Patoo has started running and I believe she said she was 62 years old.  I'll stop when my legs fall off.

MRDRN:  I take gloucosamine-chondroitin for my knees, would that help you?  I know I would have achy knees if I didn't take it.

HUGS to Everyone Else.

Ran my 4.6 miles today; home tonight to resistance train on home equipment.  

Have a good evening, Everyone!

HUGS, HUGS and more HUGS.

Julie

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited August 2011

Cheryl: so sorry to hear about the accident. Holding the families and your Hannah in my prayers.

Hello to all. No exercise tonight because I had a meeting. Dang! It feels like fall outside - wonderful! Hope it's still this nice tomorrow night.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011
    Worked at school this morning, ran back & forth, back & forth, back & forth to the stores bringing home, hanging, taking down and exchanging curtains. I believe I have the upstairs set, downstairs I will have to order because they are a weird size. Walked for an hour tonight; very humid with more sever thunderstorms predicted Cry. We do not need more rain!
  • hbcheryl
    edited August 2011

I think what hit us so hard is that we had just waved the kids off last week and I just keep imagining the poor parents having the police come to the door with such devastating news, and Mary you're right they think bad things happen to other people.

MRDRN my knee has been hurting for the past week or so and I've been taking glucosamine and I think it's helping although I have to say I keep forgetting the night doseFrown Mary how is Mikeys other Mom doing and I'm glad you're getting the cabin roof repaired. Ruth add all that bending and stretching and running back and forth to the store to todays exercise total cause that is sure a workout.

Two classes for me tonight Body Pump and Body Combat and I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011
    Cheryl, try to behave a little bit Wink! And anyone with sore legs etc., be sure that your shoes are good. I've noticed the last few days that my legs/knees etc. were feeling pounded after walking, so I tossed the shoes and dug out a new pair (I always buy a certain shoe, so stock up and keep a new pair in the closet at all times). If you don't wear good supported shoes, you can end up with tons of problems. With shoes my motto is, "When in doubt, throw them out!"
  • hbcheryl
    edited August 2011
    Too funny Ruth you're right, I bought 2 new pairs of shoes at Kohls, I love the Nike ReAx and they keep "improving" them so I bought the last season model and the new season model but guess what, they're in their boxes in my wardrobe I will go and dig them out and wear a new pair tomorrow night.Kiss
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2011

Good morning Tarts, I'm up early, can't sleep, it's just past four now and I'm thinking of a walk.  Do mosquitos sleep?  Just wondering if I need to worry about the little bloodsuckers so early.  It's still cool at 60 with a waning gibbous moon, will get up to 80-something by this afternoon.  Walked inside the Capitol yesterday and probably will again today.  I have a job interview Thursday so pls wish me luck.  Thinking of you all with admiration and affection.  {{hugs}}

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited August 2011

Badger - you are too funny - bet those mosquitos slept well after you fed them!  It's 87 right now in Dallas - I'd be freezing my fanny off in Wisconsin (hey - if I freeze my fanny off, can I skip a day of exercise?). 

Skipped yesterday b/c DH had a second steroid shot in the neck for pain... fingers crossed that this works b/c the next step is surgery.  I had three shots in the neck last year, and that, along with PT, solved my issues - not sure my DH is as good about the PT exercises as I was though...

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2011

30 minutes elliptical this morning, then the Mikey walk. He's been doing well with a mile, so this morning I extended the walk to about a mile and a half. I'll be eager to see his weight tomorrow as we've really been consistent about getting him out for two long walks a day, plus getting him out in the backyard to run around.

My Femara aches have been really bad at night lately, and I think it's because there's been no yoga for me this month - classes are in August hiatus.  I hadn't realized how much the yoga apparently helps keep the aches at bay.  A new yoga place just opened up near my home and they're having an introductory special that I jumped on - a private 45 minute introductory lesson for only $20.  I scheduled one for tonight, so hopefully that will help stretch out some of the aching joints.

V- good luck with DH's neck. That PT is so important, but as you know you get the best results by keeping with the program.  Now you just have to convince your DH or that, but DH's can have such hard heads sometimes! Undecided

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited August 2011

Good luck on the interview Badger, and V, I hope for the best for the husband.

I did the Butt Bible workout 2 this morning.  The butt doesn't hurt, but the tops of my thighs do.  Maybe I am doing it wrong?

I want to try Butt Bible number 3 tomorrow.

• Ellie1959
    edited August 2011

Hi all, I really wanted to share a tip with you guys I read about soaking in Epsom Salts with Eucalyptus and spearmint - supposed to help with the achiness - which it does but I slipped in the tub this morning after soaking last night and almost did the splits! Embarassed So...., if you try this tip be very careful and remember - "I told you so!" Ellie

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited August 2011
    Ladies I use the epsom salts as well.But my newest friend is a large tube of Voltaren emulgel it has no smell and really does help.Especially when you are trying to get back into an exercise routine.Just rub it in good.Tongue out
  • rabbit
    rabbit Member Posts: 74
    edited August 2011

Back to the 21 day cycle, finally a few days ago on day 4 or 5, I took a short walk for the first time that round. Did some vacuuming, house cleaning...that's it for me. Hugs to all!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Stopping by quickly. I walked for an hour this afternoon. DH, DS, his girlfriend and I went to dinner and a movie to celebrate DH's birthday. Now, being the exciting people that are, we are putting a puzzle together......

Good luck with the interview, Badger!

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2011

Hi ladies.  I've been gone on vacation for the last 7 weeks and didn't get to exercise as much as I wanted because I badly sprained my ankle the first week.  So my goal was to just not gain weight on vacation.  I started back to the gym yesterday and when I weighed myself I had lost about 2 pounds while I was gone.  24 down, 26 to go.

This past weekend I flew to MD to see Vinnie Myers and have my nips tattooed.  I met up with 4 other women from these boards and 4 of us got tattooed together.  It was a NipFest.  My dear new friend MRDRN who is now on this thread was our host in MD.  She was our driver, our innkeeper and our tour guide.  I had so much fun with her and with all the ladies.  BTW, Vinnie is a master at his craft.

Yesterday I did 45 minutes of weights and 200 sit ups.  Today I did 35 minutes on the rowing machine and 200 sit ups.  I need to figure out how to fit my workouts in with my schooling now.  I have to attend class and work on my machine (stenograph) and for a minimum of 5 hours per day. Plus I still have to fit my kids in there somewhere -- oh, and DH.  And let's not forget about the new corn snake we got today -- Elvisssss.

Cheers to you all.

Jen

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2011

Body Step class tonight, Ruth you are a genius I wore my new shoes and voila no knee problems, honestly you don't realize how bad your shoes are until you put on the new ones with all the spring still in themTongue out.

Mum I have a tube of Voltaren that I got from the UK and I hoard it like it's a tube of gold. Welcome back Jen, sorry about the ankle but great that you didn't gain any weight and how fun to meet up with MRDRN also cute name for a snakeLaughing

• Ellie1959
    edited August 2011
    I'm jealous Jen - I couldn't exercise for about 10 weeks due to foot surgery and I gained 6 pounds -Frown on top of the 24 I need to lose - but 4 are off now that I can walk again - now if I would just quit eating all of the goodies people bring into work to sabotage me -Yell Take care all - Ellie
  • ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Welcome back jen and Elvisssss. Glad you have a fun 'Nipfest'. It is especially fun to meet up with our BCO sisters in person!

Ha Cheryl! The bill for my consultation as a foot doctor bill will be in the mail Wink.

I need to get back to work 'cause all I am doing is eating, eating, eating. DHs birthday supper last night, our last summer teacher's coffee today, Book Club tomorrow......

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited August 2011

Hi all, finally the sun is out again. Love it. Get to walk a little. Still mummified up.

Hem/onc. asked me a whole bunch of questions, then a whole bunch of bloodwork. I go back to him on the 30th to see where this witchunt is going.  He agreed tha it could be the meds. Oh well, some more waiting.

Julie wishing your cats well.

Keep up all exercises. Oh, I just got word from the gym that Tiffany Rios a contestant from Idol will be instructing at gym. I have no idea how long I am banned from gym this time. Would love to get into that class, hip hop, theatrical, etc. A friend of mine had her has as an instructor at her gym and said she is terrific.

Have a great day. Hugs

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2011

40 minutes of weights and 300 sit ups today.  Well I know I will be losing weight at least 4 days per week because there is no eating in class and I barely have time for breakfast or lunch.  I have been taking the suggestion of many of you ladies and eating a bowl of oatmeal as a night time snack.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2011
    Walked last night after work and then at lunch today.  Still wanting to motivate myself to kick it up a notch.  Maybe I'll make that my new year's resolution - gives me time to plan.  Wink and get used to the idea?