Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited August 2011

Sorry about not getting the tee shirt! Really not a whole lot of difference between 98 and 101 degrees when it comes down to it.

Let's hope that next year you go for a record of NOT getting to 100 degrees for 40 days! 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2011

V - I'm with Wonderland, no real diff between 98 and 101.  To heck with reality, I say find a t-shirt shop and get one printed up for yourself.  Or drop the hint to someone who owes you a gift!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2011

Quickly passing through as I'm tired this evening.  Walked a little over 3 miles today.   Not too bad for a weeknight.

Have a great weekend my friends.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited August 2011

Wonderland I want to come visit you as I am really sick of this Texas heat.  I have had a harder time this year with the heat.  Guess I am getting older

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited August 2011

No exercise except my jaw (talking, laughing and eating). Had a great time with my old friends but it took extra long to get home tonight because there were tornado warnings, dark black clouds and a pouring rain storm....had to stop at a truck stop for two hours and wait it out by drinking coffee and eating sour cream raisin pie (I know, I am BAD.....but wouldn't you want to be eating pie too if, at any minute, you could be sucked away by a tornado?!)

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited August 2011

OK - so weird - it was 73 and RAINING when I got up!!!! I so went for a walk with the girls, then a really long one on my own with my audio book... My husband said "But it's raining." to which I replied, "I know!".  LOL - What. A. Difference!!! 108 to 73 !!! Yea!

• badger
    edited August 2011

LOL not so weird V, I walked in the rain this morning too.  It was 65 and not raining (yet) when I got out for my morning walk, started to sprinkle and I kept on going.  Ended up walking 45 mins.  Felt good!

• wonderland
    edited August 2011

V and Badger: Rain must be in the forecast - I woke up to a downpour.

Sherry: You can come visit anytime!

Ruth: I have never heard of sour cream raisin pie. I'll have to look it up as it sounds delicious.

I did something I haven't done in awhile. I actually did my exercise outside in the middle of the afternoon! I didn't have to wait until after sundown. The temperature is only 82 degrees so I walked my hilly neighborhood. It felt great!

• patoo
    edited August 2011

Walked to bank (3 miles) then came home, rested a bit and then walked a couple blocks and got a pedicure so I made it over 10,000 steps today.  Rain forecast for tomorrow but may try and see what you ladies find thrilling about walking in it.  Guess as long as I have an umbrella or hat I might like it.  Hoping it does rain so two activities I really don't feel like doing are cancelled!  (that's the introvert in me talking)

• patoo
    edited August 2011

Oh, and good thing it's early as I will need to get on treadmill since expecting pizza and wings delivery any minute (blame it on DS!)

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Walked for an hour, did 45 minutes of toning, and have been running around looking at curtains for my very nice new windows (without success so far, so I am checking online next), also have to make TWO cakes for an ice cream social tomorrow. We got 2 1/2 inches MORE rain yesterday, but it is lovely today. Later!

• maywin
    maywin Member Posts: 24
    edited August 2011

Can I join too? I exercise almost every day. I am currently trying Tracy anderson. I did her mat workout. Does anyone here like her?

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Hi Maywin, welcome to this great thread!!

• patoo
    edited August 2011

Welcome maywin.  I think Tracy Anderson hasn't been mentioned on here before.  Have to check her out.  May as well add her to the library of DVD's collecting dust while I walk and water jog!  They do come in handy though in winter.

• Just_V
    edited August 2011

patoo - i get worn out reading your posts... you are our stretch goal!

• Sherryc
    edited August 2011

V I am jealous it was 100 here today, the rain did not make it this far down south.Cry

maywin glad to have you join us.

ruth hope you find those new curtains

Did not exercise today but took MIL shopping and did lots of walking so I'll count that.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited August 2011

Hi everyone: First I want to apologize to all for take a leave of absence of this site. I had medial minescus surgery on June 8 and have not done a bit of exercise even before the weeks before that due to severe pain. Well I had that surgery. Feeling good now. On Friday (yesterday I finally had my revision of my boobs) which I agonized over due to them feeling like cannon balls in me. Came home early this afternnon from hospital all wrapped up in mx bandage with tons of fluff and now have to ease off and not do anything again for awhile. At least I have full use of my arms. I just extended my freeze from gym to October.Miserable not working out. However, I did take a trip down to Florida to visit folks and did plenty of walking around their complex.

We have a pool in my complex and this year during the hot days I finally put on a bathing suit and actually went for a swim which I did not do first year of recuperation from mx.I actually did quite a few laps and felt great. I hope my revision relieves some of the misery I had. I can't wait to get back to the gym. I just backtracked and read over 20 pages of postings. I see we have so many new additions. Hi newcomers, I feel like anewcomer again.

Next on my agenda is my onc wants me to see a hemotologist b/c my iron levels are not right. I had colonoscopy for that which came out fine. So Monday I go to hemotologist at the cancer center and I am hoping he finds that it is just the result of all the meds (Femera) included. On Thursday I go to PS who  will officially take my wrappings off and I have to live in a gym bra once again for while. However, again, this revision is nothing as compared to earlier surgeries. I am  praying this is the last.

I am still volunteering at breast center and every time a patient writes a survey compliment about me, I get it along with a St. Barnabas Smile Chocolate Candy Bar which is not helping my weight situation which is going up due to no exercise. I am officially on leave from volunteering for awhile too. Only other interesting thing I did recently was to go into NYC for a 45 year reunion with old childhood friends. Quite an experience.

Elizabeth, I hope you are doing well. Julie and Cheryl, thank you for your pms. Ladies, thank you for keeping this site going.

Hugs,

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Hi Ronna, so glad you are back! A friend of mine who is doing chemo is having a terrible time keeping her red blood count up. A gal on another thread mentioned that she got hers up by taking a tablespoon of molasses every day. I researched and here is what I found:

Blackstrap molasses is an excellent source of manganese and copper. It is a very good source of iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium. In addition, blackstrap molasses is a good source of vitamin B6 and selenium.

Look for blackstrap molasses that is unsulphured since not only does it not contain this processing chemical to which some people are sensitive, but it has a cleaner and more clarified taste. Blackstrap molasses made from organic sugar cane is also available in some markets.

Molasses should be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator or a cool, dry place. Unopened containers should keep for about one year, while opened containers should keep for about six months.

ICED MOLASSES RECIPE:
    1 TBLS Blackstrap Molasses
    Hot Water
    3/4 cup Milk
    Ice

Add molasses to a glass and add just enough hot water to cover the molasses. Stir until dissolved. Add ice and then top off with Milk. Even yummier is to blend the whole concoction. 

* I decided that is was something I wanted to add to my diet, so made the recipe (I put it in the blender, with the molasses dumped in last so it doesn't have time to sink to the bottom....tastes pretty good).....of course, molasses cookies would taste even better!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2011

Welcome to Ellie & Maywin. It's been a crazy busy week but no matter what I have been doing my classes, did Spin on Tuesday, Body Pump & Combat on Wednesday and Spin on Thursday and went to the Fair again last and undid some of the good but got up early and did Body Combat this morning. I have to say my visitors were very understanding of my schedule one of the girls is a palliative care nurse so she "gets it".

Wonderland how scary for your DD but glad that she is okay after her accident. Ruth like the others I've never heard of sour cream raisin pie but it sounds delicious and hope you find your curtains online, it's so frustrating when you know what you want but can't find it. Patoo if you do walk in the rain with your umbrella don't forget you can break into a chorus of "Singin' in the Rain" add some dance moves and it counts as extra exercise. Ronna it's good to see you posting again, you certainly have been through the wringer these past few months I'm sorry you've had to stop your volunteering as I know how much you enjoyed it and when you do get cleared to exercise again your foundation is in place.  Take care all.

• FLwarrior
    FLwarrior Member Posts: 614
    edited August 2011

V- I lived through that 1980 Texas HEAT-WAVE...and I remember the Tee-shirts! 

My excercise for the day was mowing the yard with a "reel" mower.  Yes its human powered...no gasoline engine.  Makes for a good work-out.

I hope to join you ladies on a regular basis very soon.  (Trying to get past some taxotere induced nueropathy and recover from surgery that is scheduled for Tuesday.)

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited August 2011

Hey, Everyone:

Virginia:  I laughed when I saw your new name, because I believe it was Prince who changed HIS name to "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince" Smile.  Took me back a few years.

Ruth:  Darn tornado warnings; seems like they always come at night when you can't see where you are driving.  Glad you made it home okay.  Interesting about you eating at the truck stop; the last tornado that plowed through my home town in Wisconsin leveled the truck stop just up the road from my parent's place!  The iced molasses recipe looks good; we'll have to try that.  

Cheryl:  You are as active as ever; looking forward to getting together and that your guests are supportive of your exercising while they are visiting.

Ronna:  Glad to see you got some swimming in and am VERY glad your colonoscopy turned out to be just fine.  Here's hoping that the iron issues are indeed due to Femera and other meds.  Hopefully, you'll be back to Zumba in no time.

Sherry:  Thanks for the update on your parents.  Am catching up on the individual threads, so I'll go back and reread what you wrote in that posting.  Understand about getting sick of the heat; I find myself wanting cooler weather more than I used to as well.

Patoo:  Glad you backed off on that walk up all of those hills; too much is too much at times.  Did you do the treadmill?  We had pizza today, but I ran 5 miles, so I think that may have covered those extra calories.

Wonderland:  My hat is off to you, walking in 82 degree weather.  Sour cream raisin pie is indeed delicious.  Hope your DD is doing okay and you as well; an accident like that will take some time to get over, physically and psychologically.

FLwarrier:  Welcome and congratulations on pushing the mower around!  I remember doing that as well and boy was it difficult.

Welcome, maywin.  Will check out Tracy Anderson.

Badger:  Those Wisconsin politics are as interesting as ever, aren't they?  Should be even more interesting next year.  Glad you are getting your walks in.

Rabbit:  Glad to see you're hanging in there.

Mary:  Er, jogging at any age is just fine.  Seems to me that those who tell us we "are getting older, you know" and "you shouldn't be doing such and such at your age" have already talked themselves into feeling old.  Two people who recently said such things to me both smoked a lot and didn't exercise at all; I shake my head at such comments.

HUGS to Everyone Else.

Ran 5 miles today.  DH took in two of our 7 cats; we were concerned because they both appeared to be losing some weight, and they are two of the three "senior citizens" of our cat family.  Hope their bloodwork turns out okay.

Off to bed; it's about 1:00 a.m. here.

Night, my fellow Tarts!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited August 2011

Hi everyone, thank you for the great welcome back. Ruth,thank you for the blackstrap molasses suggestion and the recipe. I go to hemo/onc at 1:30 tomorrow, I am really considering this to be a witchhunt, however, recipe sounds good.

It is raining today and more rain is expected for the next 2 days so not even a little walk is in the stars, unless I march in place. Not a problem with that.

Will check in tomorrow, love to all.

Hugs,

• Just_V
    edited August 2011

Hey all - still cooler in Dallas (thank goodness!) - I ran for the first time since my failed tissue expander was removed - got the OK from my PS on Wednesday but the his news so bummed me out that I did not have the motivation .... But this morning I decided that BC has altered my life enough already, so I am taking my life back, damn it! 

I ran a total of 10 minutes (5 min walk, 4 run, 2 walk, 4 run, 2 walk, 2 run) since I need to work my way back up again.  Felt good - then for my cool down I took the girls (dogs) around the block. 

Julie - that Prince reference was what I was after - LOL - I had signed up as vhshea but friend just call me V, so....

• badger
    edited August 2011

good morning Tarts, it's a gorgeous day here in the Heartland.  60 degrees and sunny so headed out for a nice walk soon, just wanted to check in.

Ronna!  Great to see you again, sorry for the troubles.  I had low iron counts once, in fact the first time I tried to donate blood, in HS, I was turned down.  Got on an iron pill (ferrous sulfate I think) and that solved it.  Got off those once I started taking a women's multi-vitamin with iron.

Julie, you are so right but I wish it wasn't quite so interesting around here.  I can't believe $40 million was spent on last week's recall elections.  There are so many better uses for that kind of money.

welcome maywin and FL warrior (good luck with surgery Tuesday) this is a great thread.

Ruth, if you can't find what you want, perhaps you know someone who can sew some custom curtains?

Birds are calling... later ladies!  {{hugs}} to all

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited August 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Badger:  I agree - what a waste of money and time.  On and on it goes.  Sixty degrees sounds perfect; glad you are blessed with a bit cooler weather.  Happy walking.

Virginia:  I thought you might be after the Prince reference (hehehehe).  Glad you are back to running, sounds good.

Hugs to Everyone Else today . . .

Got the vet report back; it is basically GOOD - I'm very relieved!  One of the cats will need medication, but they are basically okay.  

No exercise today, just web surfing and relaxing.  Checking out trips to Lihui, Kauai over Labor Day; a bit expensive, even from L.A., so I don't think we'll be going then  . . . maybe later.

HUGS

• badger
    edited August 2011

I did get out for a ninety-minute walk this morning (5.5 miles).  Hope everyone has a good week!

• wonderland
    edited August 2011

V: love the feelings you woke up with this morning!

Julie: so glad your cats are okay

Good evening to everyone. Just a quick note. Dh and I just returned from our aerobic walk around the neighborhood. This is the 3rd day in a row I had a cool breeze blowing on me. It really makes a difference.

Here's to cool breezes for everyone!

• Just_V
    edited August 2011

Wonderland - we'll take them!

• patoo
    edited August 2011

Hi all.  No walking outside today due to torrential rain since last night.  Sunday morning at church is a lot of movement and then quick trip to the mall.  May march in place a little later but more likely will just relax the rest of the evening - a girl needs to rest at times!

• Sherryc
    edited August 2011

I am jealous of the 60 degree weather.  It is 7:30 here in Texas and it is 97degrees.