Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2011

Thanks girls for the links, funny and moving and the Martina McBride video was beautiful.  Ruth you live the high life don't you.  I came home from work a little early and now I'd like to invite everybody over to eat off the kitchen floor.  I pulled the oven apart and washed down all the cabinets I've scrubbed and scrubbed and  now it's all sparkling so much so I had to go out to dinner cause I didn't want to get anything dirty, henceforth I didn't go to the gym oh well there's always tomorrow.  Nite all.

• marejo
    marejo Member Posts: 655
    edited August 2011

Good Morning....Today's a new day.  Still working on those 5 pesky pounds I want to lose.  If you chocolate wasn't a part of life.  Haha.  Is doing well though with exercise, so thank God for that.  That is what keeps me at a somewhat normal weight.  Yesterday hubby and I went bumming at a few stores we like.....Harley for him......and antique for me.  Then had lunch at a fantastic Italian restaurant.  Came home and took the dogs to our State Park and went hiking through the sand dunes.  Perfect ending to a perfect day. 

Praying we all have a good 'take care of ourselves" day!

Mary Jo

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited August 2011

marejo, 2-3 ounces of at leat 70% dark chocolate is actually GOOD for you! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it Wink). I have 3 pieces every day.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

• marejo
    edited August 2011

Well, that would be great if dark chocolate was all I ate.  AND if 3 pieces was all I consumed.....but sadly, struggling with these pesky 5 pounds often means this girl is OVER INDULGING.  BUT, I'll never give up.  LOL!  (eating chocolate that is)  (wink)

• rabbit
    rabbit Member Posts: 74
    edited August 2011

another 30+ minute walk today, hope everyone is having a good day, I am feeling great today!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2011

It was raining when I woke up, so had a second cuppa joe and waited it out.  Once the clouds rolled by, I walked for an hour.  Gorgeous here now!  Hope you all have a great weekend!  {{hugs}}

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2011

marejo walking in the sand dunes is great for the glutes and I'll bet the dogs love it and if I only had 5lbs to go I'd be as happy as a pig in mud, unfortunately it's the other 40 that go with the 5 that has me slowed down so instead I'll just have another piece of chocolateWink.  Patoo your DS would love to be out here this weekend, there is a huge Disney convention going on over in Anaheim.

Did Body Combat class this morning and then went to fundraiser car wash for the local high school band and they did a great job, now to tackle the housecleaning and gardening.  Have a great day everyone. 

• marejo
    edited August 2011

Badger, yes it is beautiful here in WI, now. I spent the morning, along with my hubby, doing all kinds if household chores. With the cloudy, drizzly morning conditions, it was great for doing that. Didn't even get out of jammies till noon. Then cleaned up and took a 3 mile walk. It is gorgeous out this afternoon. The one negative of the day....made brownies for our church picnic tomorrow and ate 3 - UGH! Oh well.......

• PLJ
    PLJ Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2011

Dug up weeds with a long handled shovel for 1.5 hours and bike ride for 1 hour. (I bike ride every day...thank goodness I can't say that about the weeding.) 

Anybody incorporate weights? Any idea how long after BMX one should wait?

Marejo...oooh, brownies, my mouth is watering...I hope you enjoyed every crumb! :)

Cheers,

PLJ

• marejo
    edited August 2011

PLJ...yes, every crumb.  I did.  :-)

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Super busy day here. Did 45 minutes of toning, went to a fundraiser picnic for the Humane Society, coffee at the nursing home with my dad, to a 50th Wedding Anniversary for a couple I know, and then came home and moved furniture/sorted through/organized stuff in a post 'kid off to school and clean carpet' frenzy. I must have burned a bunch of calories, because I sure am tired!

Yes, I do light weights.I started very slowly, without weight but just the movements, worked my way up to soup cans, then to very light weights, and finally to where I want to be. I don't know how long you should wait. Someone will come along advice on that.

OK. I need to go find some of that chocolate! Goodnight ladies. Ruth

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2011

hi all, got out early and walked 90 minutes.  Beautiful morning!

PLJ, I haven't done any weights but maybe I should, for my under-arm wobbles. Tongue out

TTFN Tarts, hope you're having a good day.  {{hugs}}

• marejo
    edited August 2011

Had our church picnic today so me and hubby walked their. About a mile and a half from home. Enjoyed wonderful worship, food and fellowship and then walked home. Beautiful day.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited August 2011
    I did zumba toning on Monday at home and taught zumba at the gym on Tuesday, did zumba at home on Wednesday, did zumba toning at home Thursday morning, then taught zumba at the gym on Thurs night, did a low key zumba at home Fri night,, and taught zumba at the gym yesterday, so today is my rest day, but I am excited about posting exercise. I am a huge fitness fan. I think it has really helped me get through alot of these yucky chemo side affects Smile
  • goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2011

Walked four miles this morning - felt great!

PLJ - I do light weight workouts and love them.  I started back slowly, just like ruthbru described, about a month after my uni mx (after the PS gave me the OK). 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2011

Did water aerobics class yesterday morning (Saturday) then when to a buffet late afternoon and went back to the gym after and did 5 mins on torture elliptical, 5 mins on stat bike and 20 minutes on weight machines.  Need I say I slept like a baby last night!

After church today went back to the gym and ran in the water for an hour.  Perhaps I'm finally back to daily doing something - YAY!  Now to get the eating under control and I will be a dangerously slim, curvy, gorgeous woman!

hbcheryl, yes I heard about the D3 convention.  DS, unfortunately spent all his money when he was there in July and now trying to make a Disney convention in FL next month (not likely since he doesn't make a lot of money on his job). 

Hi to everyone.  Congrats on continuing to move. It's all about our health.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Our health.......and our dangerously slim, curvy gorgeousness!!!!! Cool

I did 15 minutes of toning with Richard and walked for an hour. A lovely day here. Workshops start tomorrow, so it is back to the salt mine for me.

Welcome zumbagirl, exercise definitely DOES help get you through treatments and it helps you bounce back faster after you are done too!

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited August 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Welcome to more New Comers; glad to see so many active women.  

Will catch up on individual threads later . . . 

Participated in the "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" today.  I had purchased several pink wigs, one of which I wore and three of my new friends wore today as well.  We were "The Pink Ladies".  The walk was 5K; just a nice leisurely pace, with many people honking and cheering us on.  

The

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Looking good!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited August 2011

Did the treadmill at my own gym Friday (felt sooo good to be back ) then took the FLOW class. My goodness but it is hard to listen to the instructior, try and follow the moves while keeping your glasses on your nose as they skide down from all the sweat!!! But, I managed and felt good for it!

Walked the beach yesterday and then on the dunes this evening. Nothing strenuous. Saving up my energy for tomorrow's stress test!

Patoo. good for you. #4000 steps whil ebeing in slug mode is a LOT!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2011

45 minutes of a Body Step class today, had to leave early to pick up platters of food for my neighbor, her DS and family are visiting from Missouri and she had a party but let the grocery store do the catering.  This afternoon played ping pong and there was lots of bending to pick up the ball as we weren't very good but had fun but I do think all the eating negated the exercise.    Beautiful picture Julie looks like you girls had fun and it was a beautiful day for a walk.Welcome zumbagirl and yes I agree I think exercise does help us bounce back faster.

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited August 2011

Thanks, Cheryl and Ruth!  Sorry the picture was so darn large!

Ronna and Zumbagirl:  There was 1/2 hour of zumba dancing today at the Walk.  Looked like fun!  I was working with my website customer, so I didn't get a chance to participate.

Sandee:  Again, good luck on the stress test.  First HUG of the new day in Nova Scotia!

patoo:  Good for you!  Keep at it; I'm sure you'll get to your lovely, curvey self!

badger:  Let us know about the job; glad the weather back there is cooperating.

marejo:  I had a binge weekend; we all have those, but we just keep going and exercising.  

Elizabeth:  Prayers and thoughts of strength.

HUGS, All.

Julie

• rabbit
    edited August 2011

awesome Julie, I can't wait til ours in Oct. 

I got sick of getting headaches from walking outside each morning (the humidity and allergens here are insane), so yesterday decided to walk in the grocery store while shopping and just did huge laps until I had walked for 30 minutes, broke a sweat and got the heart rate up a bit, better than nothing!! 

Here's to feeling well and getting some exercise in today!

xoxoxo to all 

• ruthbru
    edited August 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go........

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited August 2011

Hi: Rabbit - Just played the links, loved it. Thank you.

Packjen: You are still incredible. I have walked more than I have been. Today I will continue as I can't drive. Tomorrow is driving day. I was not supposed to walk the dog today, but I did anyway. He was good and did not pull.

Just have a great day everyone.

Hugs,

• Ellie1959
    Ellie1959 Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2011
    Mine is more like "I owe I owe so off to work I go....., " Walked for an hour last night with my Grand-doggie Dallas - he is huge so he pulled me along fast! Then again about 15 this a.m. - babysitting is going to be good for my walking - Cool
  • ronqt1
    edited August 2011

Hi Julie: loved the pink wigs. Reminds me of Komen walk. Plenty of pink wigs everywhere. Good for you.

Hugs,

• ronqt1
    edited August 2011

Ruth, at my volunteering I have gotten quite a few "commendations" along with a chocoloate bar. Of course, I shove them down as soon as I got them. I now realized it is good chocolate. Made me feel better, was having guilts about the chocolate. In about 2 weeks I will go back to volunteering. Taking my break, don't want any stitches opening up even though doc says I can go back next week. Quite a bit of movement at podium where I stand getting papers for patients.

Someone else said 70% of dark chocolate is ok. Thank you.

Hugs

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2011

It was a lovely cool day at the cabin Saturday, so we actually hiked for the first time in months.  We took Fat Mikey on a 2.6 mile mountain hike at Catoctin - he hung in there and made it the whole way.  He had a wonderful time sniffing everything on the trail!  Had a lazy slug day Sunday, but jogged 2 miles this morning.  Yoga starts up again after Labor Day and I can't wait.

Decided to celebrate losing 12 of my 22 chemo pounds by scheduling time just for me.  I'm taking Wednesday and Thursday off work.  Wednesday I'm going to run errands in the morning, then sit by the pool reading all afternoon.  Thursday I've dubbed Mary Spa Day - I've scheduled myself for a facial, massage, and first-ever pedicure, plus a desperately-needed hair cut and highlighting. Indecently indulgent, and I can't wait!!!!

Rabbit - chemo actually cured my allergies - I used to have terrible ragweed allergies, but ever since chemo I've sailed through fall.  Maybe it'll have the same effect on your allergies!  Ruth - some of our local counties started school today, and my county starts next week.   I can't ever remember starting before Labor Day when we were kids. 

• rabbit
    edited August 2011

well, no walking or any exercise for me today, driving to my mom's I got a feeling of being drained of all energy and when I got her I had to lay down for a bit...must be that time, low bp, low blood counts, yuck. Someone walk for me today LOL.