Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2011

Oh Ruth I am so sorry to hear about your friends, sending you a big (((HUG))) wish you lived closer so we could just visit. Welcome bbfair it's okay to go slow just keep going that's the important thing. Corinne I found 3 tai chis in the "on demand" section yesterday, I usually don't go there just stick to my TLC A&E Bravo Discovery and Nat Geo but I missed something and went looking among the 1000's of channels and was pleasantly surprised at what I found. Badger those temps sound absolutely perfect - it's hot hot hot here right now. Nats I agree we should have taken a photo but I'm betting our paths will cross again and BTW BL is starting up again I keep getting updates on Facebook, looks like they've got more than one new trainer boo hiss I loved Brent.

Well tonight I put my hand in my pocket and paid to visit the "fancy" gym and did two classes with the wonderful Eduardo - Body Pump and Body Combat, only 4 people in each class so it was like a personal workout, I am hot sweaty and exhausted but feel great. Night my sculpted friends.

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited September 2011

ruthbru, big hugs.

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2011

walked the girls last night and went for my run this morning !

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited September 2011

Ruth so sorry to hear about your collegues.  Life just stinks sometimes.  But long walks do help.

Welcome bbffair this is a great group of supportive ladies here.  They keep me motivated with my exercise.

Did not do any last night as I helped serve at Church.  But tonight doing yoga.  The weather has been so much nicer it has been in the 60's at night and the high 90's during the day.  Sure beats all the 100+ that we had for so long. My fall garden is doing really good.  DH laughs at me cause I look at it every day to see how my little plants are growing.  My mother laughs at me because as I kid I griped about helping my Dad in the garden.  Now that I am grown I am the only one of all of us kids that is into gardening.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited September 2011

Walking three miles everyday. The weather is beautiful up here in the Midwest right now.

Skipped Yoga yesterday to be outside 'Plein Air " painting. I'm sooo bad!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2011

Julie and Cheryl, love the pic. Every so often I meet with a gal (not on this site) for lunch. So easy to speak to each other.

Well I went on site today (Still Not Happy with Implants) to complain about new mast. implant sid. Went to PS again. He probably thinks I have the hots for him and making excuses. Something not right. He gave me a muscle relaxer, so now I have every drug in this house and nothing makes the crazy feeling in that breast go away.

Good news: I walked around complex totalling 1/12 mile last night, continuing to walk my dog, going up and down stairs so it is something.

Ruth - so sorry about your friend.

I just took my gym bra off and put on the bra wrap that they give you after surgery. Love that thing. Like a tube top all in pink.

Sorry for complaining, I go back to volunteering on the 16th. Can't wait. Hope I can do it.

Zumbagirl, I was invited via FB to a Zumbathon, sadly I have to RSVP NO. I know I can't go to gym yet, so I had to say no. It was for a good cause.

Hugs to all, sorry for disappearing every couple of days.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2011

hi all, got in my walk over lunch time, warming up a tad but still nice.

Ronna, gripe all you want, we're an empathetic bunch.  Sorry you don't feel quite right (that has got to be frustrating) and that you can't do zumba yet.  You will shake the strings on your zumba pants once again, it's just hard waiting for that day.

welcome artsee, we have to take advantage of the weather while we can and besides, fresh air is healthy.

Sherry, what's in your fall garden?

TTFN Tarts  {{hugs}}

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011

Had a great yoga class tonight.  Love, Love, Love yoga

Badger--I have Black eyed peas, green beans, broccoli, three types of greens, lettuce, radishes, carrots, eggplant and tomatoes. I wanted to plant more but ran out of room.  DH said he would build me more raised beds for the spring garden.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited September 2011

Hi, we had dinner with some old friends passing through town & by the time I got home I was too tired and full to exercise. So today was my day off (although I did Power Clean from the time they called at 5:00 until they arrived an hour later!).

At school we are studying plants in science. I found some little 'green houses' for sale at Walmart for 50 cents a piece. Incuded is a tray and see through dome about the size of a milk carton, some miracle grow, and flower seeds. I bought 15 of them, and today each kid picked one, named their future flower, planted their seeds, and now we can water them and (hopefully) watch them grow. Very fun!

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2011

Ronna I just have to ask "why a muscle relaxer?" that would make me go to sleep!!!! But I hope it helps you.  Ruth you probably got a great workout running around flicking the duster getting ready for your company.

Tonight I did RPM (spin) class and it was tough as I'm feeling the after effects of yesterdays lower ab track, it was brutal and so today every time I laughed or twisted my abs screamed "ow ow ow". Night my tartly friends.

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited September 2011

No school for me today so I picked apples at my friend's house and am now dehydrating a batch.  Also made some beef jerky and got in 3 1/2 hours of steno machine practice today.

Did 35 min on the eliptical, 100 situps on a ball, 40 backward sit ups and a few sets of arm weights.

Patoo, I hope your allergies are minimal.  My poor husband is a mess for days after one of these attacks.

nighty-night

• ronqt1
    edited September 2011

Badger: I have no idea why a muscle relaxer either. I took the pill and all it did was knock me out from about 7:30 until this morning around 8:ish. 

It is beautiful today so I hopefully will go for a walk around my complex. If you go around 4 times it is 2 miles. In the good old days and I was not at the gym I could do 6 times.

Really not a subject for this thread, I believe I made the wrong choice for breast reconstruction.

Kind of out of it today, I will attempt to straighten up now.

Wishing every one of you a good day.

Hugs,

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011

ronqt1 I feel so bad for the pain and discomfort you have been in.  Have you talked to the PS about doing a possible DIEP or something else.  My PS says I am not a candidate for immplants so I will be having diep but still to messed up from rads to be able to move forward at this point.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Ronna, check on some of the reconstruction threads and/or deconstruction threads. You don't have to stay in a situation where you are limited and feel miserable.

Stopped at my dad's after work & going to a football game in a few minutes. I will have to exercise like crazy this weekend to make up for my days off!

• rabbit
    rabbit Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2011

ok, no exercise for me for a while :( Wed was dx with a clot in the external jugular, they told me no upper body stuff and no vigorous exercise at all, light walking and that's it, don't want to dislodge the clot. Giving myself Lovenox injections daily for a few months to hopefully dissolve the clot. 

I can't use my left arm hardly at all, it's swollen and discolored.  :( everyone exercise for me!!

hugs to all  

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2011

oh rabbit, that sounds scary!  In addition to prayers, I will surely exercise for you.

Ronna, gosh that's a hard thought but there are options, you are not stuck.

Ruth, compliments on the mini green houses, great idea for a science project.

Sherry, your garden sounds wonderful, all those healthy veggies.

Jen, have you ever cooked home-made applesauce?  sooo good

Cheryl, you are so disciplined about exercise, I admire you from afar.  

Met a friend for lunch so walked at morning break and again in the afternoon.

{{hugs}} to all you Tartly types  :-)

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2011

Hi ladies !   Thanks for motivating me !  Yesterday I did an hour of Zumba.  Today a half hour of step on Wii fit. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,851
    edited September 2011

Rabbit - so, so sorry you have a clot. Like badger, I also will hold you in my prayers.

Ronna - I hear your frustration, your pain, and especially your sorrow. Ruth is right, you don't need to be miserable. Hoping your ps can help you. Meanwhile, we are here for you whenever you need to talk.

Good evening all!

We went to the beach this weekend for my niece's wedding. Beautiful wedding, beautiful weather. I only took one beach walk - the rest of the time was enjoying time with my family, meeting the groom's family, and setting up for the wedding. I danced alot and that was so much fun!

Right now I'm being treated for UTI that blindsided me. Thanks Arimidex and Cytoxan!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2011

Love the pic Julie/Cheryl! have arrived in Tampa and am hoping to get together with Barbara while I am here. Walked all aruond Miami beach for two days this week adn then today I walked for 2.5 hours around Tampa....or was it 3.5? all i know is it was 91 and humid!phew!!! came back very red faced and thirsty:)meetings all weekend and then fly back to Halifax on monday.

night all!

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2011

I went to another zumba instructors class this morning. It was so much fun. Way different from the zumba style I teach . It was a good work out.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011
    rabbit, that is so crummy Frown
  • JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2011

Hi ladies !  I send hugs for those of you struggling with physical and emotional challenges.  I just took a one hour walk.  I live very near the Long Island Sound and just had such fabulous scenery to enjoy.  Thanks for letting me post here. It is a big help to have someone to report to.

• ronqt1
    edited September 2011

Thank you everyone. I am going to ask for the diep, that's for sure. So sorry for rehasing and rehashing. I am a walking mental case. Pills are knocking me out. Also joined WW for the 7 lbs I gained. I am a life time member so I decided to go back. Sat with the yacking ladies which I have no patience for and screaming kid. I walked out. The leader called me and invited me to a free meeting because of the disturbance in the meeting room. Now that I am reporting to someone, hopefully I will be able to get the weight off. Tired of Jenny Craig, even though it works. Just tired of buying their food.

Wonderland: Arimidex destroyed me. I changed to Femara. Do not have one side effect, all gone.

Zumbagirl, I was trying to upload a video of me dancing with the pros on stage at a fundraiser  a few months ago, Unfortunately I  can't do it.

Sandeeonherown: I was in Nova Scotia, Halifax once. We went on a maiden cruise from NY though New England and up to Halifax. Flew back from Montreal.

Anyway, love to all, Hugs,

• ronqt1
    edited September 2011

I must add. My friends at home who were fortunate not to be in our club are constantly offering their opinions, but it is your opinions who I cherish.

Hugs,

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

ronna, keep after them until you can get something done!

rabbit, are you on cumidin? If not, you should be.

Walked for over an hour with my fast neighbor. It was good for me because she is in super-shape and pushes me. Also did a 30 minute FIRM DVD 'Rock Solid Abs'.....one can dream! Really nice day here and I am off to a college football game. Big hugs to all! Ruth

• Denise2730
    Denise2730 Member Posts: 320
    edited September 2011

My exercise so far today was walking from the kitchen to the garage to get into the car and go through the drive-thru for bagels. :.(

But it is still very hot & humid here in SW Florida so maybe tonight I will walk my Chihuahuas. You ladies are making me feel like a slacker.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2011

ronqt1,

bummer, I would love to watch a video of you doing zumba with the pros. Was Gina or Beto there on stage with you ? I love to go on utube and watch different zumba routines, some times I get inspired to add a new routine to my class Smile

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2011

Tomorrow is my 3 year mastectomy anniversary and today I have been feeling rather maudlin, I did go to the gym this morning and did my Body Combat class but spent the rest of the day being introspective. My left wrist has been painful for the past couple of months so I made an appointment with my GP for next week and of course the left wrist has stopped hurting but now it's my right palm it has a dull ache I mean I know it's probably just arthritis but would I have it if I wasn't taking Femara has this drug aged me or should I just own up to the fact that at 61 I'm finally starting to "feel my age" I don't know but tonight I'm feeling very weepy.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Ah Cheryl, sending a hug your way. I am always completely undone for all of February, my diagnosis month.

I felt pretty down yesterday too, between all the 9-11 coverage and thinking about several friends with really bad health news; I ended up going to bed early, reading a mindless novel and turning off the lights before 10.

Here is my Aunt Nellie's arthitis cure. Both she and my mom swore it It might be worth trying if you have aching joints: buy white raisins (must be white) and a bottle of gin. Soak the raisins in the gin in a quart jar in the fridge for two weeks. Then eat 12 raisins a day. It has a natural cortisone effect. Can't hurt, might help!

Do something very fun for yourself today Cheryl and report back what it was! Another hug from me. Ruth

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2011

No exercise for me this week.  Just had my exchange surgery and was told to not do anything that would increase my heart rate.  I plan on taking a nice slow walk today around the neighborhood and enjoy a beautful day here in Chicago.