Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2011

Corinne -  Congrats on your exchange surgery !  One more thing done !  That's great !  I hope you heal quickly and enjoy your walk.

I know I post alot now but I am squeezed into clothes that were loose a month ago and feel like if I post to you ladies I'll keep motivated. Forty five minutes of stretch and sculpt today. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2011

hi ladies, got in nice long walks both yesterday and today.  In between I did nothing but read the library book I checked out yesterday.  Now I have to catch up on chores! 

sending positive energy and {{hugs}} to all

• Just_V
    Just_V Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2011

took the girls around the block, then went running... It'll take me forever to get back to 20 minutes continuous running.. but I'll keep going!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2011

Hey all, finally motivated myself to walk 2 miles yesterday and 2 1/2 miles today. Took longer than I used to walk around the complex but at least I did it.

Zumbagirl: No Beto nor Gina, I guess what I meant with the pros was that it was a Pawsathon and quite a few instrutors were there from different places, I was asked to join them for 2 dances and had a ball. It was held in a gymnasium with a stage and I danced with them on the stage.

Walking was good enough for me these past two days. With the knee surgery as well, I pushed and I pushed. Now ready to pass out.

Corinne: Congrats to you on exchange.

Hugs,

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited September 2011

ronqt glad to here you are going to consult regarding the diep.  I don't know if you have much belly fat but you might not want to loose that 7lbs until you have surgery.  I am having to put mine off because I have to gain weight.  I don't have enough belly fat.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited September 2011

45 minutes of toning. Been working on paperwork for school this evening. They have changed the computer program I'm using just enough to screw me up!

• rosie06ct
    rosie06ct Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2011

I am learning somuch from everyones posts!           I have been putting off eating healthier and exercising regulary as I am always so exhausted!  But after reading all your posts I vow that tomorrow I will get on and begin using the elipitical , and maybe a walk with the ole dog... i work as a custodian at the local high school and its a very physical job  so I do get tired as the night goes on ..

i wil post tomorrow on my progress...

• rabbit
    rabbit Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2011

thanks all for the kind thoughts and prayers, I actually took a 20 walk this morning, felt so good....I am feeling pretty good today, see the GS and onco Wed. to get their opinions on removing the port and stuff. Will update :) 

hugs to all! 

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011
    Welcome rosie, we will expect a report tomorrow Wink!
  • Sherryc
    edited September 2011

Welcome rosie and Rabbit so glad to hear your feeling better

• Ellie1959
    Ellie1959 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2011
    Walked about an hour and a half yesterday -part of reason it was so long was the dog kept finding cool, shady spots on people's lawn's to lie down on - Cool He was tired from swimming earlier and was driving me crazy - so cute though - all stretched out -  he is a big baby! Take care everyone and keep on trucking !!! Ellie
  • zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2011

I am glad everyone is doing great. I didn't work out at all this weekend, had relatives visiting, went to a bday party for my nephew, and got caught up on things around here, but I am about to do a zumba toning dvd in 45 min, and tonight I will go on my walk around the property. I need to keep my walks up this week. I registered to walk in a 6 mile pre this Sat. I have never done that before, and it is very hilly, just like my property, but much farther than I walk here, so it will be a challenge.

Rabbit, does aking about your port removal mean you are through all your treatments? If so hurray for you Smile I can't wait to get my port out next summer .

• Just_V
    edited September 2011

Rosie - I 'reward' myself by listening to a good book on my ipod when I walk - it really helps to motivate!

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited September 2011

I walked three miles this morning and this afternoon went to Yoga. This class I take twice a week. The stretch feels fabulous. Seeing as Femara is making my 62 year old joints feel like 90.

I try not to complain because I think of the alternative. Just got done watching Dr. Oz. Today it was all about belly fat, and how to get rid of it. Lipo suction is the only way I'll get help I think.Yell

He wants you to turn your meals around. Dinner for breakfast and breakfast (lots of fiber) for dinner. Can't see a glass of wine with breakfast can you?

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2011

hmmmm, is it a sweet wine?  Maybe Door County cherry wine?  LOL

Hot today- upper 80's, supposed to drop 20 degrees overnight.  So didn't walk very far or very fast, but did get out to stretch my legs at lunchtime.  Will do better tomorrow!  {{hugs}} to all

p.s. welcome rosie!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited September 2011

Badger: I thought it was wonderful this summer when the temperature "dropped" to 89. Got in some good walks in the cool weather! Cool

Just returned from my neighborhood fast walk. The temperature is 72! It's turning darker sooner so I need to start out earlier.

Have a good evening everyone!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2011

Artsee I went to my first spinning class a couple of weeks ago and one of the ladies on the belly fat show was on Dr. Oz.  She said that she sent him and email with a question about bellyfat and they put her on the show.  She said he was really sweet and she had alot of fun.  Maybe some ladies from this post could email him and ask to do a show about keeping fit during and after BC ?

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited September 2011

Hi, Everybody:

Hope Everyone is doing well; we've been rediculously busy; HUGS to Everyone, I've missed reading the posts.

Been running 4.6 - 5 miles daily and sculpting and toning every day.

Will catch up on individual threads later.

Julie

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Walked for half an hour, did 30 minutes 'Rock Solid Buns', and then undid it all by going to the 'Cross Country Spaghetti Dinner".....annual  fund raiser for the high school cross country , team.....of course, they can eat all that spaghetti because they run 50 million miles a week!

The temperature drop happened here today and the 'F Word' is in the forecast for Wednesday night (frost). Cry

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2011

Good morning. On a  mission  walking my 2 miles a day. Again, last night.

Sherry C.,Quite a bit of the Arimidex Roll, now calling it the Femara Roll. He mentioned to lose weight regarding lipo. Actually, I have no clue what is going on anymore. Anyway, since mother WW is watching me, and I cannot go to gym yet, walk walk and more walk.

Ruthbru, NOOOOO frost for you yet. However, it is quite cool here in the mornings.

Hugs to all,

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011

artsee welcome to the thread.  I love yoga as well.  I have stiff joints since taking tamoxifen.  Not bad but when I start stretching boy can I tell.  I wish I could watch Dr. Oz I just love his show but it comes on when I am at work.  Guess I need to see if I can watch in via the internet.

Did yoga tape last night and it gave me a great workout.  Think I will walk my three miles today.  Tommorrow I have a couple of Dr. visits and then going to yoga.  A friend is teaching at a library for the city and it is free so I said I would come join her since I have my Dr. appts.

• Just_V
    edited September 2011

walked the girls this morning, then went running before work.  felt good.  we hit 103 yesterday and today is supposed to be 100+ again - at least we broke the record for the most 100+ days (guess that is good???).... but by Friday we are suppose to be back into the 80s!!!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2011

Boo.  Cranky appleton over here.  I can't work out this week due to the exchange surgery and this is really making me unhappy.  I didn't realize how much I enjoy working out until they tell you that you can't.   Or let me put it this way, they tell you you can't but you feel good as feel as if you could.

Looking forward to my follow-up appointment on Friday and fingers crossed to get the green light to start working out again that day.

• Just_V
    edited September 2011

Corinne - congrats on the exchange surgery - that is HUGE and totally worth not being able to work out for a bit!!!!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2011

Thanks.  Its just annoying when you feel good and want to feel better.  I have never had a weight issue, but was never in shape.   Now that I know how good it feels to work out and be active, no doing this makes me angry.  I like my early morning yoga, belly dancing, pilates, hula hoop.  Makes me feel as if I accomplished something that day that was just for me.

Making coffee, folding laundry and getting the kids breakfast just doesn't bring me the same inner rewards. That I have to do. Working out?  I want to do.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited September 2011

Sherry C...thank you. You all kind of help with the exercise. I don't want to be the only one not doing it so out I go and do what I have to do. I retired from my job in May, so it makes things easier. Instead of work I go for a walk in the mornings.

Badger...Today I couldn't take a walk but I actually did walk a lot in " Door County". My Hubby and dog and I took off early this morning and the first stop was the Winery. Got some 'Chaos red' which is made from cherry, plum, and grape. The other is ' Peninsula red'. Good reds not too dry.

I'll have to remember to have one for breakfast.Surprised Where in Wi are you?

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited September 2011

Welcome artsee!

Corinne: Congratulations on the exchange! Glad you have found the secret of exercise.

Fast walked/ran the neighborhood tonight. Felt great after a day of mostly sitting at work.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011
    An hour of toning total, with a hair color and cut in between. According to the weatherman, we 'may have the earliest frost in twenty five years' tonight!!! Frown
  • zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2011
    I taught zumba this morning, and I had a pretty large class of 16, and my favorite 88 year old front row diva, was busting a move next to me,,,,she is so cute, her little workout clothes always match with her cute head bands, matching socks and shoes Smile
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2011
    Zumbagirl I hope in 20 years someone writes that I was "bustin' a move" in the front rowSmile.  That being said tonight I was in the front row of the Step class not too bad for the girl who started out 3 years ago in the back corner.  Artsee Door County is on my wish list of places to visit I hear it is beautiful.