Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited September 2011

Mary Louise so sorry about your Dad.  I lost mine in 1983 and I still miss him terribly. We will be here to lend support whenever you need it.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited September 2011

So why is it none of us can sleep?? Knowing so many are awake with me is kind of comforting. I thought it was just me.

Barb...are you in North Dakota? My hubs and sons are headed up there for duck hunting. They are excited because the land they are going to has been getting lots of rain, so that means it'll be a good hunt.

No exercise today. Too busy...now I'm headed for the 'taste of sheboygan'. Restaurants have sampling of their foods along our main street. There goes the diet. Argh!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2011

Mary Louise- My heart is with you ...losing our parents is hard. I still talk to my dad when things trouble me...and a month ago I dreamed of him when I was having a rough time which makes me think he was nearby that night. Exercize may help you focus your thoughts and energy again.

Ruth - sorry...it was Tink I was thinking about re. melatonin. What I as told at this lecture on complementary medicines and cancer care was : flax, soya and melaonin should be avoided if you are ER+ as they are all hormone sensitive.  Apparently, according to this RN/PhD and the research she has been peripherally involved on or had researched, melatonin is linked to hormone disruption and flax seed is estrogenic and is hormone sensitive. While on the one hand it helps protect us, the fact that it is hormone sensitive can be problematic for ER+ breast cancer survivors.

some of the sites she listed last night so we can check and read up on research ourselves etc. are :

www.camline.ca

healingandcancer.org

www.bccancer.cs.ca/cameo

www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/11570.cfm

www.naturaldatabase.com

ods.od.nih.goc

www.naturalstandard.com

As for me...exercised my brain last night at this lecture and went ot the gym and ran (yep...ran!)on the treadmill for 30 minutes...raised my heart rate to my new acceptable high. wheeha...

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2011

{{Mary Louise}} so sorry about your dad, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cheryl, I read The Emperor of All Maladies just two books ago and also found it fascinating!

We had a healthy pot luck lunch at work today then took a lovely walk in the crisp fall air.

Looking forward to our mini-vacation in Minneapolis!   {{hugs}} to all

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited September 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Mary Louise - sent you a PM - so sorry for your loss.  HUGS and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

artsee:  True, looks like many of us are sleep-deprived.  I am taking Seroquel XR 150 mg, works like a charm.  

Ruth, Badger and Cheryl:  Sorry I won't be able to join you; we've got commitments around that time frame.  Would have LOVED it; Minnespolis is one of my favorite cities.  Ruth, agree, don't want to take soy, black cohosh or any of that stuff and risk another reocurrence.  Sorry the weather is a bit cold back there.  One positive thing, though - should freeze the mosquitos, which I've heard were REALLY bad this year!  Hopefully, we can all meet somewhere soon.

Sandee:  Great information, thanks for sharing about the herbs, and I'm glad you raised your heart rate to a new high.

Cheryl:  Mike and I would like to do brunch down at the place you suggested; let's think on that.  Dumb cats, they do like to start prodding us around 5:00 a.m., must be a cat conspiracy world-wide.  I'll have to check out "The Emperor of All Maladies".

Sherry:  Only a one-pound gain??  Wow!  Good luck with that.  Maybe large doses of chocolate :)

Ronna:  Sorry you're still having some issues; hoping things get better for you.

Hugs to Everyone Else; did my 4.6 miles tonight, and will do weights later.  I REALLY like my thigh and butt-shaper; you can do upper body stuff with it as well.  Quite a versatile piece of exercise equipment.

Have a good evening, TARTS!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited September 2011

Did a FIRM DVD called 'Cardio Dance Party' and a Pilates DVD.....then went to my Book Club and had a chocolate lava cake and ice cream, all drizzled in chocolate.....and I wonder why my weight is stuck Undecided?!

Mary Louise, so sorry about your dad. Yes, keep checking in here and we will be glad to bug you about exercise!!

Artsee, I'm the North Dakota person, and yes, we have had more than enough rain around here this year.

Julie, I am sure that we will have so much fun that we will have to plan ANOTHER get-together later. Since we are from all over the country, there are unlimited possibilities of places to meet! And you know what they say about cats....."dogs have masters, cats have staff".

It froze hard last night but is supposed to warm up for the weekend. Thank goodness.We actually didn't have that many mosquitoes here. They apparently drowned in all the water.

Badger, I never have heard the words 'healthy' and 'potluck' used in the same sentence before! Laughing

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2011

Mum arthritis is the pits, get yourself those little gloves with bean bag inserts that you can heat in the microwave, I got them for my hands and I get so much relief from them.

(((Mary Louise))) your family has been through so much in the past few months I lost my Dad in 1987 and I miss him every day.

Julie give me a call, I have BIG plans this weekend, I am so excited for saturday I'm like a kid waiting for christmas morning, it's exercise related and when I post on sunday you're probably going to think I'm quite insane and you'd be right.

Badger I loaned the book to my neighbor as I was reading a Harlan Coban and she had nothing to read, she gave it back and said she's smoking her last packet of cigarettes it affected her that deeply.

Artsee I've said it before and I'll say it again - if middle aged womed want to take over the world we'll throw open our doors at 3am and voila the world will be ours as we're all awake at that time!!!

Mary our BL starts up again next week.

Ruth I'm buying my beretWink gosh I hope the weather isn't too chilly I'm a So Cal girl who has hot flashes and I don't got me no winter clothes and so I'd peel them off anywaysSurprised

Did RPM/spin class tonight all I can say is my poor legs.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2011

I did a double today, and wore myself out. I did a one hour p90x plyo dvd this morning (brutal), then I taught zumba at the gym tonight. My legs are super fatigued. I am reading a really interesting book, I just found at the book store called "The Pink Ribbon Diet" by Mary Flynn, RD and Nancy Verde Barr. It is a diet that keeps you from getting breast cancer, or reoccurance. I am going to start the diet next week. It is cooking with extra virgin olive oil.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2011

Mary Louise - I'm so sorry about your dad.  My love to you and your family.

Ruth - the Minnesota trip sounds awesome, but unfortunately that weekend doesn't work for me.  But I like the idea of rotating trips. 

Artsee - How was Taste of Sheboygan?  I have a vision of every booth serving brats and beer!  Laughing

Julie - I'm so impressed with all your running!  DH and I are proud of ourselves for signing up for out little 5K on Sunday.  Should be interesting to see how we do. 

Quick walk with Getting Skinnier Mikey last night (it was pouring rain yesterday) plus 30 minutes weights/resistance plus 20 minute Lebeds this morning. 

It's Friday - WOOHOO!!!!!!  Cool

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011

Well no exercise last night but did make me a protein milkshake-drank most of it but was gaging by the end.  Think I'll just go with plain milkshakes and switch to whole milk.  I don't drink caffine but thought maybe I should start drinking reg sprite or 7up that has lots' of suger.  This is gonna be hard to gain this weight.  I think this is exercise just trying to figure it out. haha

• artsee
    edited September 2011

Hello friends...The 'Taste of Sheboygan' was fabulous and great fun. Ran into soooo many people I haven't seen in years. Just like a reunion from different walks of life.

Natsfan....I had a serving of 'Brat soup', hot wings and an Angus slidder'. Yum! Couldn't help myself with those chicken wings, so I walked 1 1/2 hours this morning. Just had cucumber salad for lunch so the guilt of last night has disappeared. I am going to 'German Fest' in Milwaukee tonight so that could be bad.....more brats.

Sounds like a bunch of you are going to have some fun time in Minnesota this weekend?

Shop hardy at the BIG mall. We are having a culdusac party on Sunday for the 7 houses here. Hope it warms up.

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2011

Haven't been here in a few days.  Mary Louise, I will keep your family in my thoughts. I am sorry for your loss.

I have been cleared to work out again, so I am plan on starting up in the morning with some light pilates. Yeah!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

In case you missed it the other day: 

Cool HIGH PRIORITY IMPORTANT POST Cool

Anybody else out there ready/willing/able to join Cheryl, Badger and me in Minneapolis for a long weekend October 20 or 21 to the 23? We just have the date, no other plans yet. Think about it and let us know ASAP and we will start plotting.

Why Minneapolis?

a. it's in the middle of the county

b. it has a major airport, shuttles to hotels and other good public transportation

c. it should not yet be covered by snow (maybe)

d. we could throw our hats up in the air like Mary Tyler Moore

e. we could hang out together in 'real time'

• Sandeeonherown
    edited September 2011

Had a long day today but ended it with African dance from 6-7:40pm anyhow...felt GREAT!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2011

Finishing out my week of being a slug!  Really, did very little since last weekend and have been eating myself stupid.  But I'm feeling it with less energy and just plain sluggishness so need to get myself back up and into the program. 

Mary Louise, so very sorry for the loss of your Dad.  Many condolences.

Tires (need exercise) so turning in.  Night friends.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Did an old FIRM tape; Maximum Cardio Workout (they do have great titles!), and have been doing school work ever since. No rest for the wicked!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2011

Have been walking 2 miles each day since the beginning of the week. Went to WW yesterday for my 2nd weigh in and lost 1.6 lbs. Not much, but a start. My knee is completely heeled from surgery and no pain while walking.  Boob - another story.

MaryLouise - sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Ruth, wish I could join you, but other obligations stand in the way.Would love to throw a hat like Mary Tylor Moore.

It's 10:28 now and I just wanted to put in my exercise for the week to date. 10 miles so far, since Monday.  It is absolutely delightful walking in this weather. Will ask PS if I can go back to gym for eliptical when I see him on the 22nd, among other issues.

Love to all,

Good night and hugs,

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited September 2011

Thank you everyone for the condolences.  They are very appreciated!

Managed to walk every day this week!  Feels good to get out and do something active! Still struggling with the calorie intake.  I find that it is harder to get motivated when summer is behind us! Embarassed  Will have to use Christmas as the motivation -  I want to HAVE to get a new outfit for Christmas -  Anyone else??

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011

I have spent the day cleaning house.  So that is my exercise and I'm sticking too it.  Too tired to do anything else.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Did 45 minutes on the treadmill & 15 of abs. Going to a banquet tonight, sigh!!!

• artsee
    edited September 2011
    Three mile walk for me today. Did some cleaning and cut the lawn...on a rider. Does that count?Wink
  • badger
    edited September 2011

hi Tarts, after a chilly night, it was a beautiful day here.  Got all my errands done, then walked for over an hour.  Needed a light sweatshirt but the sun was warm on my face.  Then a nap and some supper and poof the day is gone!  But well-spent.  Hope your Saturday was just as good.

p.s. Mary Louise, I have motivation which is meeting Cheryl and Ruth in a month LOL!

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2011
    Walked / jogged 4 miles today.  Milestone for me = 20+ miles this week!!  It's been a long time since I've done that!  Oh...and...temps still in the 90s here in South Florida!  Can't imagine needing a sweatshirt for a few more months - actually, never! Smile
  • Sandeeonherown
    edited September 2011

Need to get a new pedometer...broke mine....but gavemy vocal chords a work out at an all day retreat for the choir and walked for 45 minutes at a fast clip during our break..no idea how far it was but I was sweating so all is good.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited September 2011

Ruth: the trip sounds wonderful! You mentioned doing something like this when we met this summer. I can't make it this year - maybe next year!

MaryLouise: so sorry for the loss of your father.

Welcome to all.

I finally took a zumba class and loved it! I was at a program where you signed up for different workshops and one I selected was zumba. Hope to find a class that I can continue to attend.

We are having a cold weekend and it's delightful!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

It is so cold here that I broke down and turned on the furnace Cry.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Holy cow. I don't know how that post got to be in those huge letters! A Freudian slip, no doubt.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2011

Been out to eat almost every night since joining WW, watching careflly, coming home and then walking my 2 miles.

Just signed up for a "Undress For Success" in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. (Month of Oct) Girls who are willing to pose in their bras (which will be tinted pink). A portrait will be made of us. I can't wait. Posing on the 1st of October. I am so excited. Have never done anything like this before.

Chilly here, light coats, great walking weather.

Wonderland, There is nothing better than Zumba. However, be careful and if you have had your Mast and Exchange, please be careful with the jumping. There are no rules against modification. Go at your own pace and HAVE FUN.

Hugs to all,

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2011

Ron love that you are willing doing undress for success. What a clever and fun activity!

Did crunch's ass and abs workout yesterday and yoga for abs this morning. Feeling good about feeling good.

• badger
    edited September 2011

hi ladies, been doing chores so haven't gotten out for a walk yet but will this afternoon.

artsee, are you headed to see the world-class sailing today?  I subscribe to the WI State Journal and they had this great article on the Nations Cup being in Sheboygan this year.  Here's a link if anyone's interested.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/article_fcc455c4-e14c-11e0-ab15-001cc4c002e0.html