Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2011

I know wonderland, I am a bit worried. I was also hospitalized for three days, after my first chemo. I don't want any more over night hospital stays. As you know, there is no rest there. They wake you up all the time , temp check, blood draw, blood pressure, etc... I am going in for my final chemo tomorrow, and for my nuelasta shot the following day, but other than that , I am staying home, and avoiding crowds.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited September 2011

Hang low, get better, and then look out world!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2011

Did Body Step class but I feel like a fraud posting that because I did it all low impact and on the floor with no step ---- my knees were screaming.

One of my workout buddies was in the audience at DWTS tonight, she was really excited to go.  Julie I promise I'll get my flu shot, should have thought to do it when I was at docs last week.  Nite all.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2011

hi Tarts, got in a lovely walk at lunchtime yesterday with a coworker, we walked and gabbed and time just flew.  We have flu shot clinics at work in Oct, I should sign up for one this year.

Good to hear from you rabbit, hang in there, and you too zumbagirl.  Congrats on final chemo!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited September 2011

Will be getting my flu shot again this year, when the clinic comes to our town (usually in November).

So far I have avoided the fairs.... there is still one more coming to our area, but will try to avoid it as well..... too much food.... so little time to enjoy it all!

Heading out for my morning walk.  Must say I am enjoying the execise again..... I have even been thinking about starting up the Wii Fit again!!   Wow!!  It's great to be back!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2011

I too am getting a flu shot at work next week.  I haven't had one in a few years.  I also asked to get the pneumonia shot.  Hopefully they will give it to me. I have pneumonia 4 times in the past 10 years.  And it always comes on the same way...feeling fine, little bitty cold, and then I get a spiked fever out of nowhere of 104.  When this happens, I take myself to the ER, get Zpac and am fine in 10 days. 

Today I did a little Zumba and some buns/abs exercises for a total of 40 min. That is the most I can do in the morning before work.  But I am going to start adding in some evening stretches for at least 20 min a few nights a week.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

The oncology people were 'whatever' when I asked about the pneumonia shot, but my GP  was the one who said YES, I should absolutely get one.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited September 2011

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but......who was kicked off DWTS. Had a church meeting and missed it! I love it this year. A very interesting little group.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2011

ARGH...have not gotten to the gym this week...keep trying to leave school before 6:00pm but it is not happening...then coming home and working until 9pm...am going to tell my employer tomorrow that I am done with the 'principal' position at the school and am feeling TOTALLY stressed out about it...know I need to make a decision..know I need to do whatever will stop the amount of work I am doing and not being paid for and to have a life....asked for advice from someone who has also worked there for 0 years...the right hand woman of my boss and she thinks there is going to be a lot of sh*t dumped at my door tomorrow since I have not been doing the job for most of the summer....think I will head it off at the pass and say ' to start this meeting off, you need to know that this job is too much for me...too much for the three people who replaced me this summer and that things need to change...." that should get their attention, hmm? God..sick stomach now! I am also trying to decide tomorrow if I am buying a house one hour away from my work place or not...the drive will either be soothing every day or a pain in the butt very very quickly....but coming home to an empty apartment that I do not particulaly care about is also not a good plan so ....decisions decisions...and excuses as to why I have not made it ot the gym in three days.ARGH

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2011

hey sandee, I commute over an hour to get to my job.  It's peaceful some days and a total PITA other days.  But I live in a nice small town without many 'good' jobs so I carpool in to Madison.  For me it's worth it.  Also, I took a lower-paying but lower-stress job because I believe that stress can be a killer- literally.  Good luck tomorrow!  {{hugs}}

artsee, IDK about DWTS but there is a thread here for people who watch it.

Walked on afternoon break today, in addition to hiking across campus for a meeting at the UW.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

The basketball player is out on DWTS (and deservedly so, I think).

Sandee, give them hell tomorrow. You are right, you do not need all that stress! As for a long commute, it depends on how you feel about driving. I am such a weinie driver, that I even hate to drive down the hill to work in the winter! So I would not do it, other people put in a book on tape and cruise away, enjoying every minute of it.

I did an hour worth of FIRM toning.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited September 2011

(((HUGS Sandy)))

Strolled in a mall this evening with dh. Then we met my 2 sisters for dinner at Olive Garden. There went my stroll!

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited September 2011

Saw my onc today. She said that my tumor markers are down. Yay! I had chemo today my rbc is still to low that is why I have the tiredness and shortness of breath. Not low enough to do a blood transfusion. So it has been difficult to do exercise. I have been doing some chair ones which is better than nothing at all. I just wish I could be more active with it. They decreased my Carboplatin by 20% cause my kidney levels are down. So they are keeping an eye on it. The weather here in AZ is still in the triple digits.  Today was 112. Wish it would cool down. Last week it was overcast so I was hoping it was going to cool down early this  year. I guess not. Everyone sounds like they are getting a flu shot. I am thinking about getting one also. My Dr. recommended that I get it on my week off chemo. I am going to Vegas next week for the TaTa Sisterhood reunion. I am looking forward to it just hope that my shortness of breath does not ruin it for me. Also next week is my last week of physical therapy. Yay! Good thing it is mostly laying down and sitting down exercises. I am thinking when I am Vegas I might be able to get a motorized chair to get around while I am there. We are going to be there for 4 days. I will be resting a lot in the resort as well.

Patoo, hope you are feeling better!

Natsfan: wow a 5K good for you and you did it with your husband. I am proud of you!

Zumbagirl and Rabbit: congrats on finishing chemo! It is such a good feeling.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Hope you have a good rest of the week.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2011

Wonderland I love Olive Garden - Chicken Con Broccoli is my favourite mmmmmm.  Sandee you need to remove stress from your life and it is best to open by telling them it's too much for you, that way you turn the tables on them before they come at you.  I also don't have much of a commute only 5 miles but I used to drive up to LA every day and I'd just listen to books on tape but there will always be days where there has been an accident and an hour turns into three or four so you have to factor that in as well.  One of my workout buddies went to DWTS last night she said it was a fabulous experience and Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace was eliminated.

Tonight I did two classes both Body Pump and then Body Combat with the wonderful Eduardo, didn't know if I could get through class #2 but once the music started playing I got my second wind and made it, yeah!!!

Elizabeth great news and yes get yourself a motorized scooter for Vegas, can you organize it before you go that way you know you won't have to run around once you arrive, I know you'll have a wonderful time with all the girls - as they say wooohoooooo!!!!!!!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2011

Housecleaning for an hour monday, Zumba Tuesday, Walk Wednesday.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2011

didn't do any exercise after chemo yesterday, way too tired, but this morning I am about to do my zumba toning dvd, in my living room, and get my nuelasta shot at noon, and next Wed. when I go in for my herceptin they will give me a flu shot.

• CorinneM1
    edited September 2011

This morning did 30 min of ab/core/cardio work and feeling good.

When I read about you ladies doing exercise while on chemo, it kicks me in the tuckus.  I think of the times that I didn't do anything bc I had a cold, or my period or some other lame-o excuse. 

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Elizabeth,I was researching what to do about low red blood counts for a friend and on a different thread Apple said she kept her red blood count up by eating a tablespoon of molasses a day. Here is a recipe I found that actually makes it taste good. It has a lot of iron, calcium and other vitamins, so wouldn't be a bad thing for anyone to add to her diet.

ICED MOLASSES RECIPE:
    1 TBLS Blackstrap Molasses
    Hot Water
    3/4 cup Milk
    Ice

Add molasses to a glass and add just enough hot water to cover the molasses. Stir until dissolved. Add ice and then top off with Milk. Even yummier is to blend the whole concoction.

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited September 2011

Thank you Ruth I will do this! Going to start today!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Walked for an hour. A really nice evening here.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2011

Thanks.  Allergy meds working well so I'm feeling better but it always takes me a while to get back into exercise.  This week was a total washout.  Tomorrow's another day.  Meds do make me sleepy so nighty-night friends.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2011

Cheryl, Les Mills is coming to my friend's gym, I had never heard of it.

Julie, 10K, so impressive, I am not even allowed to power walk.

I just got release to go back to gym, only on treadmill,  he even put in on the release paper, no eliptical, no zumba, nothing except walking. Yes, housework counts. Last night I had a burst of energy and cleaned out my closets, arranged shoes, shlepped summer stuff upstairs and was not tired. I had not done any of this since Oct. 09.

My feeling that DWTS is not as good this year, however, Chaz will keep my interest. The Office was good tonight with James Spader.

So again, I am well up past my tired time. Volunteering tomorrow, I also received my flu shot last week.

Warm again here. Walked my 2 miles, rather here, than gym, love the outside.

Love and hugs,

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2011

Ronna Les Mills has great programs and you never get tired of them as they change every 12 weeks. Spoke more tonight with my workout buddy who went to DWTS on tuesday, she said there is amazing camaraderie behind the scenes with all of the contestants also said David Arquette was absolutely lovely and Maks was to die for.  Did a fabulous spin class tonight.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited September 2011

Has anyone heard of "Transitions, CLA and CORE"? It's something I got from a lady who does 'Market America'? It's supposed to get rid of the dreaded belly fat? Just wondering if it has worked on anyone. I think it would help if I remember to take them when I'm supposed to.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2011

Ronna - hooray on getting cleared for the gym.  Even if it is just the treadmill, that's better than not going at all!  Elizabeth - great news on the tumor markers.  Now go raise some heck in Vegas!  Sandee - yep, you don't need the stress.  And they'll keep giving you stuff to do cuz you're good at it and will take it on.  Good for you for saying enough is enough.

Mile walk with the dogs and dh last night, and 30 minutes weights/resistance and 20 minutes Lebeds this morning.  It's pouring out now, so I'm afraid the dogs will get a very short walk tonight.  

It's FRIDAY - WOOHOO!!!!  Have a great weekend everyone!

• CorinneM1
    edited September 2011

Okay stated that housework was exercise...now is cleaning the house for the cleaning ladies also exercise?  I was running around my house trying to get things ready for a cleaning crew to come her this afternoon.  2 hrs of washing bedding, straightening up the house, loading and unloading the dishwasher etc...I'm counting it. :)

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2011
    Uhh, so corinneM1, the cleaning crew was coming in to do the heavy stuff?  You did everything else!!!  Laughing
  • hbcheryl
    edited September 2011

Artsee I doubt that it would work cause if it did the owners of the product would be on Forbes billionaires list, cause we'd all be using by the bucket load I think the only way to get rid of belly fat is diet and exercise.  Why is that people always clean up before the cleaners come, you probably offered them a cup of tea as well didn't you????

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Walked & toned for 45 minutes. We are having a streak of really nice winter here.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2011

Ronna- go girl go...gym bound...wheeha

BAdger, Ruth, cheryl et al...thanks for the support re. the commute and job...i quit yesterday and am looking for a lawyer on monday to put in an offer on the house...I set the stage by announcing (hell I was already in tears discussing the idea of my discussing it)that the meeting wa going to be a short one as I was handing in my notice as Director of Studies...that I had had enough of training people who got jobs with us and then worried if they would have enough hours to pay rent..and i was tired of doing too much and not laughing...my laugh was no longer in the staff room and I had noticed the whole mood in the staff room was quiet...I do not want others moods to be hinged on mine...don't want that responsibility"....it did take the wind out of his sails.

all you zumba gals....you should come to haifax and joinme at AFrican dance!