Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2011

Hit the gym and did the treadmill before heading home tonight. Felt good to run!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited September 2011

Just want to announce that I am in LOVE with another woman's husband......it is still nice here, so I threw on some shorts and went out on a walking path. On my way home I crossed paths with a couple I know. I hadn't seen them for awhile so we stopped to visit. They are both cancer survivors, so as part of the conversations we checked up each others health (all fine) and the husband said, "Well, you look great. I was noticing your legs as you were walking toward us and they look so STRONG." Be still my beating heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Now, I will be forced to do some toning once Dancing With the Stars is over.)

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited September 2011

Ruth: I've seen your legs and they are strong!

Good evening all!

Walked/ran my neighborhood tonight. Felt great!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2011
    Did Body Step class tonight and it was packed and "my spot" was gone by the time I got thereSurprised.  Oh Ruth what a nice compliment to hearSmile, weather is lovely here as well but they say rain is on the way. 
  • JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2011

Tried two new exercise programs. An hour of Vinyasa (sp?) yoga on Sunday and an hour of Bandercize on Tuesday.  Yoga was harder than Bandercise

• Ellie1959
    Ellie1959 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2011

ruthbru - I think I am going to be in Minneapolis that weekend! We are going to the Packer/Viking game if all works out! I would love to see some Cyber-sisters! PM if you would like to try to meet up - can't promise anything but would love to hear details!!!

I've been walking consistently - last week 5 X and the week is going well so far - Just have to keep reminding myself how good it feels when I am done! Good job everyone!!!Cool

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited September 2011

Ruth you devil you. Did he look good or were you just overwhemed by his compliment?

Gosh, is this how rumors start?

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2011

Ruth - congrats on the great set of gams!  So nice to have someone notice!  Cool

Cheryl - I know what you mean about your "spot" - at yoga I always take the spot by the window because it's coolest there and I'm the hot flash queen.  The other night I was late and someone else had grabbed my spot - astonishing how un-serene and un-yoga-y I felt when I saw that! Tongue out  BTW, when did BL start?  We must have missed the first episode, but we started watching again last night.

Yoga last night, plus 2 mile round trip walking to the rec center for class.  It was dark when yoga was done - first time that's happened this fall!!  30 minutes weights/resistance and 15 minute Lebeds this morning.   I miss my running, but my knee really didn't like the 5K so I decided to rest it for a week or so.  It's finally getting better and I was planning on jogging Friday because the weather should be cooler by then.  But then I tweaked my back yesterday afternoon!  Frown  I'm sitting here in a ThermaPad now, so hopefully it will ease by Friday morning.  I never seemed to have these problems when I jogged when I was 22!  Undecided  

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2011

Did 30 min of abs and stretches this morning.  I am a little disappointed lately.  I have been more active, working on abs (lower mostly) with little to no difference (that I can notice). But I will continue to try! :)

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2011

Ruth - what a nice comment to hear!!  

Mary - sorry you've had a setback in your jogging.  My DH keeps telling me that I need rest days, but I really enjoy walking/jogging.

Did four miles today - and almost made my goal of under an hour. Missed it by 10 seconds!  There's always tomorrow...

Have a great workout day, everyone! 

• artsee
    edited September 2011

It's been so rainy for the last 4 days, that all I could do was my yoga class today. Felt good.

When we had the 5 min. relaxation on the floor I heard lots of snoring. I think the leader fell asleep as well because we laid there for 10 min. today.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2011

rainy here too but supposedly clearing up for the weekend so looking forward to nice long walks.  I have cabin fever and it's not even October yet!  TG for the Voices that keep me moving!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2011

badger, please tell those voices to rev it up because I'm still being a slug most of the week.  Weekends I get in lots of movement but during the week just can't seem to get a routine going because something gets in the way and then nothing falls into place. 

Last week it was allergies.  Then last night after work I went for a massage.  It was absolutely wonderful with deep tissue, hot stones and hot towels.  Well, at least I thought it was wonderful.  Woke up this morning with a very sore area between my shoulder blades in back.  Couldn't lean back in a chair all day and it's still tender now, 24-hours later, so I think she bruised me.  She was very firm but it felt good so I thought nothing of it.  Actually need to get up and take some advil because I'm really hurting.  Phooey!  Those hot stones were amazing!

Thought I would drop my car off for service tomorrow and then walk while they worked on it but it's supposed to rain.  I'll try and motivate myself to go to the gym instead when they finish.

Night my sculpted friends.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Hi All! It's not even 9:00 and I am lying in bed; a rotten cold that I have been fighting, has caught me. BLAH!!!!

Despite feeling like crap, I walked for 45 minutes (because it is in the 80s, which is usually warm for this time of year around here), and did 30 minutes of pilates to de-stress (too much going on at work, AND my brother just called to announce that he is coming for the weekend......I hope he doesn't mind sleeping on dirty sheets and eating out!!!!).

Ellie, I PM you our top secret Minneapolis plans........you will notice quite a few references to shopping and eating. Cool

Corrine, you are not very far away from all the trauma of diagnosis, surgery etc. Keep working out, give it time, progress will come.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited September 2011

Well I have been an absolute slob but on purpose. My weight gain has been slow so I decided to lay off of exercise and drink ensure.  I now have gained 5lbs so tonight I celebrated with a yoga class. Still have a minimum of 10lbs to go but I realistically think the PS is going to want me to gain another 15lbs. 

But at least I can read about all the good exercise you all are doing.  Keeps me motivated that I know after reconstruction I can get back to it.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2011

Ruth I woke up at 4am with a scratchy throat and doused myself in Vicks Vapo Rub. Patoo sorry the massage left you feeling sore but on the other hand hot rocks sound wonderful. Mary, BL started last week so you didn't miss much so far my favourite is Antone the former NFL player like the new trainer Dolvett not so keen on Anna don't think she has a "trainer" mentality.

Did two classes tonight Body Pump and Body Combat and now my feet hurt, need to soak in Epsom salts, see what a couple of days off does to me - I fall apartTongue out

• artsee
    edited September 2011

Ruth...sorry about the throat and cold. Seems my DIL went through that same crap a few weeks back. Try honey.

Please keep me posted on the weather up there. Hubby and the boys are headed up in the second week of Oct. I don't think they will like 80 degree weather while duck hunting.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited September 2011
    I did a 40 min. walk jog outside before work yesterday, because I was so sleepy from the herceptin, and it really helped wake me up Smile. I just did a zumba toning dvd, and after work at the bank this afternoon, I will teach my zumba class at the gym.
  • CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2011

30 min of abs/back work again today.  Does anyone here use hand weights?  I haven't started upper body work (only stretches) bc I am concerned about it still being too close to my exchange (3 weeks out).  If you do use hand weights, when did you start?

• artsee
    edited September 2011
    Was into my three mile walk with my neighbor and my dog and the heavens opened up to a rain, hail and wind like I've never seen before. Now we had to go all the way home in that. Plus thunder and lightening...I was scared stiff. Also drenched to my tata's. I was dressed and hair done for an outing out of town this afternoon. Oh yeah, too much work....got lots of exercise though. Even did some running.Tongue out
  • wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited September 2011

Ruth: Hope you get better soon!

Cheryl: Hope you don't get sick also!

Sherry: Congratulations on your weight gain!

Zumbagirl: You amaze me!

Corinne: Love your name - it's my dd's name! Others will chime in about hand weights and your upcoming exchange.

artsee: That storm sounded scary and I'm glad you, your friend, and your dog made it home safely.

Pushed mowed for almost 2 straight hours. I'm hot and sweaty but it felt great to mow again. I stopped doing it when it got so hot and stayed hot. Dh mowed with the riding mower.

Weather to turn really cool this weekend and I can't wait!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2011

cheryl- echinecea baby!! nip that scratchy throat in the bud

Went to pump for the first time in months last night....did my usual weights...pre-heart attack weight nad it felt great went to a talk on research for breast cancer and tomorrow AFrican dance...

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited September 2011

Was watching Dr. Oz Tuesday afternoon and he says the best thing to take for a cold or the flu is Umckaloabo 3 times a day.  Never heard of it before but next time I go to the health food store I'm going to pick some up.

• badger
    edited September 2011

It rained a good portion of the day here, and got windier than all get out, but nothing like the huge storms over your area artsee.  Glad you got home OK.

I did manage a nice walk around the square this afternoon during a lull in the storms but it was oddly warm.  Maybe the remnant of your 80's Ruth?

Watching a show on the Food Network called Sweet Genius.  They are making dessert with salt & vinegar potato chips a mandatory ingredient!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

Did 45 minutes FIRM tape & 15 minutes on the treadmill. Still feel crummy. I think washing the hands like crazy & gargling with salt water can prevent many colds; but once you get one, my experience has been that they last 7 days if you just tough it out and 7 days of you treat it. SIGH!

How did the salt/vinegar/chip dessert turn out?

The weather is suppose to stay nice another week, I am celebrating by polishing my toenails one last time!

• badger
    edited September 2011

Ruth, the guy who won that round used the chips in a pie crust-type dough, looked kind of good actually..

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011

what was the filling of the pie?

• badger
    edited September 2011

it was the frozen dessert round, so it was something frozen - a sorbet? - but I forget the flavor.

I'm remembering chocolate but that might have been the guy who coated the chips with choc.

I just checked and no recipe on-line but am sure to see a re-run and will pay better attention.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2011
    I don't know; I think I will just eat the chips FIRST and THEN have a dessert!
  • badger
    edited September 2011

I do like the salt & vinegar chips, also the dill pickle flavor, but haven't eaten them in a long time.