Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2011

Yes count me in for just a bag of chips and then a chocolate barTongue out I'm amazed at some of the concoctions they come up with on Food Network.  My scratchy throat is still with me, it went away, then woke up again in the middle of the night and it was back then went away but I'm feeling it now so have gargeled with salt water but I think I'm gonna get a cold - how can we not get sick 90 degrees one day 65 the next!!!  Sherry I saw that as well and I'd never heard of it either.

Did RPM class tonight oh my poor legs I was on that bike thinking ow ow ow but I pushed through.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2011

Artsee - I've been caught in one of those mid-western storms before - yikes! Glad you were safe. Corrine - I'd check with your surgeon about being cleared for hand weights. Also, if you had any nodes removed, you're at increased risk for lymphedema, so start with very light, wimpy weights and work up very slowly. If you feel heaviness, tingling, or other problems on the affected side, STOP immediately. Check the LE thread for good info on LE prevention measures you can take. Sandee - hooray for returning to pre-heart attack weights - you must be the poster girl for your cardiologist. 

Potato chips are my treat junk food - I love them and cannot stop, so I eat them only a few times a year.  And wow, do I enjoy them when I have them!

No colds this way, please!!!!  I have my final scar reduction surgery scheduled for next Friday and I want to keep that surgery date.  If all goes well, it should be my final bit of recon.  

30 minutes jogging this morning.  The knee is still barking a bit so I'm icing it now and hope that will help.  If it keeps up I'm going to have to get it checked out, but I'm waiting till after surgery since I'll be on restrictions and wouldn't be able to do any PT anyway.  Off to the cabin this weekend - it's the first time in 3 weeks we've been able to get there.  It's going to be nice and cool - perfect hiking weather.  Can't wait!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited September 2011
    I know I am sitting here at my computer when I should be at the gym.My DH just reminded me over the phone.I am going,I am going,Tongue out
  • windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    edited September 2011

Got in a 1.3 mile walk today, two days out from Taxotere chemo.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited September 2011

Windlass: Way to go!

Just got in from my walk/run around the neighborhood. The cold front is moving in - very windy!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2011

daily, daily - did somebody say "daily".  Need to convince my body or remind my body that 'daily' means everyday!  Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2011

Just got back from African Dance class...even went int he centre at the end for a celebratory undulation!...celebrating life...choices...and the opportunity to be able to have some to make...tomorrow am..rain or shine, PADDLING

• Sandeeonherown
    edited October 2011

oh..and I just discoverd sweet potato 'corn'chips...lower in calories and sodium than most others so I can have 18 instead of 13!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited October 2011

45 minutes with Denise Austin and went to a football game......does shivering count as exercise?

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited October 2011

Sorry I have been MIA for over a week. Business trip with hubby and end of Rosh Hashanah.

Some of you have been mentioned African dance, I have done someting like that in Zumba, as the instructors all have their own style. I still never made it to the gym.

Unfortunately, my knee is out again. I was in ER last Fri. night, before we left for the trip. the knee was swollen probably b/c I was walking 2 miles a day and pushing it. They were concerned about a blood clot, but the ultra sound and Xrays showed nothing. I called my knee surgeon and his PA said not to walk long distances and to ice it. I have not walked far, screwed up on WW , ate like a pig for the holidays so I am back to square 1. This too shall pass.

Mary, what is scar reduction surgery. Is that laser. I know my last surgery he somehow sewed over the keloid and knock on wood far so good and congrats on 29 years.

Julie, congrats on your run.  Cheryl and Ruth, hope you are feeling better.

Tomorrow I pose in my bra only for a Komen portrait. (with bottoms on) and then I will be doing a runway walk model show next week all for the cause at the local mall.

Windlass, it was rather chilly later today also. Yes, Ruth, shivering is exercise in my world.

Just wanted to check in and catch up. If you absent one day from this board, you really miss alot. Just one last note, two years ago we went to see Burn The Floor and Max and Karina were enagaged than and the stars of the show. Yes, he is to die for and she is one gorgeous girl with a gorgeous body. I spent the whole time watching the show (we had front row center orch. seats) just watching no flab on any of the bodies).

Hugs,

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

hi Tarts, I got out for an hour-long walk yesterday afternoon, then burrowed into the library book that's due today. Just finished!  Will head down there and pick up another this morning.  Have fun today Ronna *woo-hoo* and a good weekend everyone.  {{hugs}} to all

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

Ronna. what about biking or swimming until that knee heals up? 

My brother and SIL will be here today. SIL and I will walk for sure.

Have a great Saturday!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited October 2011

Hi  back early today  Did the photoshoot this morning, very exciting,, and was able to walk into the fields w/out pain so what gives with me. Who knows. Will try walking this afternoon, has been rainy here, looks like sun should be coming out. Have a great day all.

Ruth, unfortunately no place to swim, our complex pool is closed now, I hate indoor pools. Yes, I could get on my stationery bike, but it is full of hanging clothes!!! Thank you so much anyway for your kind thoughts.

Hugs,

• Sandeeonherown
    edited October 2011

Paddled from 9-0:30 this am....may go to the gym this afternoon and work the bottom half if the weather does not cooperate with me! Does minimal house work count as exercize?

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited October 2011

I took another instructors zumba class yesterday. It was really fun. She is younger and her style was more hip hop, but I enjoyed the challenge of trying to move my 45 year old body, some what kind of sort of like she was. LOL

• patoo
    edited October 2011

Walked a little under 3 miles today.  Think I'll pop a DVD in.  Back later.

• badger
    edited October 2011

Glorious fall day here so took full advantage with two walks, one in the morning and another in the afternoon.  Plans for tomorrow include MOTS (more of the same).  Got college football on TV tonight (go Badgers!) but will be reading Bossypants by Tina Fey while following the game.

• patoo
    edited October 2011

40 mins balance and strength training.  Feels good.

Watched an ABC special on BC and current advances.  Interesting and gave hope that research is moving forward.  Was also a reason for getting up and exercising because a segment was on a young woman who had BC and now teaches others who have undergone MX that it's okay to exercise and also good for fighting recurrence.  So let's keep moving my sculpted friends.

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2011

Ok I am really slacking.  I haven't exercised since Tuesday.  Having a teenage girl from Denmark for five days.  Felt the need to clean and cook.  Still not done.  This reminds me that I always struggle with exercise during the holidays.  Always so much else to do.  Does anyone have a strategy to keep up exercising through the ThanksgivingChristmasNewYears rush ?

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2011

Today did two classes first Body Combat and then came back an hour later and did Body Vive, we don't have Vive at my gym any more but this morning there was a special class. It was the class that got me started 3 years ago so I had to support it because without it I know I wouldn't be where I am today. Glorious day here today perfect for yard work can't believe my roses are still budding my sore throat is now a cough/cold and when I look around me everyone is coughing and sniffling, funny didn't notice before it hit me.

JFV the only thing I could tell you is that you have to take time for yourself and at the holidays that is easier said than done but you need to put yourself first. Ronna clear the clothes off the bike and start-a-peddaling or try spinning at your gym you might like it.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

Beautiful fall day yesterday; SIL and I walked all over the place for anout 90 minutes. We then ate a huge, huge supper and went to Moneyball with Brad Pitt (he was in the movie, we didn't actually go with him Tongue out). It was very good. Mary, you would LOVE it because it is about baseball, but even if you don't like baseball you would enjoy it.

Happy Sunday!

• badger
    edited October 2011

It's gone from 35 to 55 in the past couple hours... will wait for it to warm up just a bit more, than out I go for a nice long walk.  Happy Sunday everyone!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited October 2011

Didn't do a darn thing today except go and get a couch cover so I can actually stand it...feel flu-ey and very 'sorry for Sandee' today...pathetic really....gobbling up echinecea and drinking lots of fluids and hoping it does not get any worse...no energy to be sick!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

Sandee: (((HUGS))) Thinking of you and hope your week gets better.

Badger: 30s already? Yikes!

Ruth: I'm sure you and your SIL had a great time with Brad!

Walked/ran 2 miles at the park under a beautiful Carolina blue sky in mid 60s degree weather. Awesome!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

How could one not have a good time with Brad Pitt!

I walked for awhile after my company left this afternoon. The weather still holds. So lovely here with the changing leaves and wonderful temps.

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2011

Body Step class this morning and then spent the afternoon ouydoors in the sunshine, truly glorious here today.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited October 2011

Ruthbru...you wear me out when I read your posts. You must have the body of a 25 year old with all that exercise. I think we will award you "Queen of work out" for the first week of Oct.Smile

I had my hour walk today as well, and it was such a HUGE pleasure. I had my little Emmy (1) and Lilly (2) this morning and took them along on my walk in their double side by side stroller.

The weather is in the 60's and sunny. A real teaser after frost yesterday.

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

I didn't do anything yesterday or today.  On Sat, I was on my feet for 20 hrs.  I helped run my kids' school auction and I was running up and down stairs in the morning at 6am (3 flights) bringing things to the auditorium then decorating etc etc and ran around as point person/director that evening.  I got home at 2am.  I ate horribly that night too, passed pot stickers, egg rolls, sugar cookies etc.  But when I weighed myself the next day I actually lost 2 lbs.

I was too lazy and achy to do anything yesterday and continued to be a bum today.  I feel hung over and I don't drink (anymore). :), even today.

Plan on getting back into the swing of things tomorrow though.  The African Dance class sounds really cool!

• mumito
    edited October 2011
    Hey Tarts I ran around today all day running errands,shopping,paying bills and now I have to pack for a trip.I am exhausted and all my joints hurt.So I am counting that as my exercise today.Tongue outTomorrow we fly to a beach again so I will try to speedwalk that everymorning.Innocent
  • mumito
    edited October 2011
    Hey Tarts I ran around today all day running errands,shopping,paying bills and now I have to pack for a trip.I am exhausted and all my joints hurt.So I am counting that as my exercise today.Tongue outTomorrow we fly to a beach again so I will try to speedwalk that everymorning.Innocent