Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

Another 1 hour bike ride after work, the weather is perfect!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2011

Quiche - welcome

Cheryl, badger, goldenmom, marylouise- thanks!!!spent the evening watching tv shows on the internet...amazing how breast cancer makes us feel like kicking life's proverbial butt but a cold can leave us whining on the couch!!!! true though!

Natsfan- drag about the surgery....but going in feeling ill wouldn't be good for healing either so hopefully in November you will be feeling well and won't have caught anothe rcold:)

Mary Louise- yep..they are calling for 22 celsius this weekend instead of 5..which was codl considering I had worn sandals that day..serves me right for not sorting out my tv so i can watch the news in the am...guess i should get in the habit of checking befor ebedtime, hmm...or keep shoes and scks in the car:)

might head to new brunswick tomorrow . if I do, catch you all later on in the weekend. Have a beautiful weekend.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited October 2011

The wind was so strong, that as DH was driving past a lumber yard on his way home from work, a big piece of plywood was lifted off a truck and flew right past him (think The Wizard of Oz). We took it as a sign NOT to go out on the highway. Treadmill for 45 minutes, 15 abs, got all the bills off the dining room table, and alternated between watching baseball (I don't care who else wins, Mary, just glad the Yankees lost) and the Woman's National Basketball Association Finals (which the Minnesota Lynx won).

Tired, tired, tired, so I am off to bed. Happy Weekend to All!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

Does chasing your husband chasing criminals count? We were woken up to the sounds of car alarm chirping at 3am. Husband looked out the window and saw people breaking in our car. He ran and chased one of them, I called the cops and then started chasing him. Hubs caught the guy and he was arrested. Granted I only ran 3 blocks but I dont think I have run this fast since grade school.

• Aussie-Sharon
    Aussie-Sharon Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2011

Hi All...haven't posted on this thread before but seems a good time, I've just added my name to be  included in a trial that is seeing if home based exercises can assist with preventing a reoccurence BC..we are into Spring over here so nice time for getting out and about.  The trial sounds okay as you can keep doing any exercise you already do, but if you get the exercise arm you'll be given exercises to do...can't hurt and I need to extra push:)

Today's exercise - Curves Gym class this morning

Bike ride this arvo to the park to catch up with family and then on to see the latest Patchwork Quilt fundraiser display:)

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

Welcome Aussie-Sharon!  This is a great thread that helps keep you motivated to do something, well as the title says, "daily". 

Did Butt Bible 2 this morning.  Claims that it can change your butt in 6 weeks.  I report back with results around Thanksgiving.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

lol CorinneM1 about Thanksgiving but OMG about the break in last night!  Glad you're both OK.

welcome Aussie-Sharon, that trial sounds fascinating, we will do our part to keep you motivated.

Now that I've posted here, I feel the need to move, so out soon for a walk in the cool morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian sisters! 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2011

Thanks Badger thought I would share my Turkey with everyone.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited October 2011

I watched that show "fat sick and nearly dead" on Net flix. It really makes you think about what fuel you put into your body. It is worth watching.

Yesterday, I did a weight training class, before zumba, it was brutal. I am so sore today.. The instructor of the weight class, is about 58 years old, in awesome shape, and she is a big fan of plyo (jump training) ouch . Tongue out

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2011

Corinne- that is a heack of a way to wake up!!!

welcome Aussie-sharon

mumayan- great shot!! My camera is broken...knocked it off the bed in miami and that was it....so no new pics form me but that is inspirational

Still feeling sick so my Thanksgiving plans have changed..still in jammies at 1:30pm so might go and get a movie to watch laster this afternoon...a walk to the video stor eshould do it, hmm?

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

Welcome Aussie!

Well, every branch and leaf in the neighborhood blown off by the wind yesterday landed in our yard. DH and I did yard work for 2 hours this morning (18 large black lawn bags full of leaves, with many more 'raking opportunities' to come). Also swept out the garage, put away the patio furniture etc. Went from that to a 45 minute walk (because I didn't want to have to clean up twice). Now downtown for the errands section of the day......no rest for the wicked Tongue out.

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving all weekend long?  I thought Canadian Thanksgiving was on Monday. 

Help straighten me out over here. :)  I am curious.  Also curious what are some of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?  I am looking to mix things up this year.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited October 2011

Awesome picture of that turkey Mummayan. I think my guys would love to shoot that bird. Every year they get a permit and only my one son got one. It was Huge and he had the whole bird mounted. He then had a cabinet specially made so it would be behind glass, only to find he couldn't get it downstairs in his Man cave.Too big and wouldn't make the curve on the steps.LOL.

Walked 3 miles in this beautiful weather we are having. 80 degrees is just unbelievable. But I'll take it till next March if I could. Jump right over the nasty winter in Wisconsin.

Hey Badger...what did you think of those Brewer's last night eh?

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011

Welcome Aussie.

Happy Thanksgiving my northern friends.

Still under the weather with allergies and slept from 9pm until almost 11am, but did go out and walk/run for 3 miles today.  Passing up banquet at church this evening, just too wiped out and don't want to be around people with a runny nose.  Eye also very red and hoping it's just allergies and nothing else because it's tender as well.  Put eye allergy meds in and hopefully it will clear up or it's MD on Monday.

• goldenmom
    goldenmom Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2011

Non-stop rain here in South Florida this weekend, so I did a mile running on the treadmill and a 45-minute weight training DVD. It's a perfect weekend to curl up and read a good book, which is what I'm going to do right now!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

Ruth: Yikes! That's really scary about your husband and the lumber. I bet you'll be sore tomorrow from raking leaves.

Corinne: You and your husband are so brave! I would have been terrified.

Aussie: Welcome! The trial sounds interesting!

Mum: Awesome picture!

Zumba: You rock!

Sandee and Patoo: Get better soon!

artsee: Enjoy your wonderful weather.

Goldenmom: I think we'll be getting your rain later this week.

Good evening all! Another beautiful Carolina blue sky today with highs in the mid 70s. I walked through a corn maze today. It was so much fun! Luckily I found my way out. Tongue out

Dh and I walked/ran at the park this evening. There was a gorgeous sunset afterwards. Enjoying these days of autumn weather.

• badger
    edited October 2011

hey artsee, I didn't watch the game but read about it in this morning's paper.  Our sports teams seem to be doing pretty well this year.

got out this a.m. and walked 90 minutes to a wonderful old mix tape (love my walkman lol).

rabbit I took you with me today, 'twas a picture-perfect day and I went to my favorite little park.  There was this one tree I marveled at, still green in the center but the outermost leaves turning color - gorgeous!

wonderland I haven't done it this year but there's a corn maze not far from here - fun! 

'night Tarts

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2011

Just getting home from my Mom's and stuffing the turkey.  Yes, Thanksgiving in on Monday, and is an official holiday (most stores are closed).  My family celebrates on Sunday, at my Mom's place, leaving a nice lazy day on Monday.  We usually go back to my Mom's on the Monday for "pickins" (leftovers).  Not sure what other's meals are like, but we have turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, a tomato salad, cauliflower, corn or carrots, buns, apple and pumpkin pies. A regular feast.  Needless to say, am not looking for the scale to go down this week.

Didn't get as much excercise as I thought I would have.  A friend stopped by and helped my dh with the yard work (mainly moving plants).  Did get some laundry done, though!  Embarassed

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating!

Corinne: omg! I'd say you get points for the chase and extra credit for the adrenaline rush! I hope all ended well.

Aussie: Welcome! It will be interesting to follow that trial.

Patoo and Sandee: Get well soon! Kudos for getting out there for a walk and even thinking about it.

Ruth: Are you for hire? Or maybe you could just bottle some of that energy & strength.

Artsee: Great turkey story :-D

Natsfan: My "swell" sister ;-) Sorry about your delay, but glad it will give you time to get well. Funny that you mention Les Mis at the Kennedy Center. A family friend just proposed to his GF last week at the Kennedy Center after seeing Les Mis :-)

I didn't plan on exercising today (have guests for the weekend) but then I thought to myself, "I just joined this group and I'm going to have to admit for the second day in a row I was a slug!?" ha! I'm guessing those are the voices you all refer to because I got out early and did a 30 minute treadmill before everyone got up. Whew! So nothing too strenuous but I'm hoping it was enough so that pastrami sandwich I had for dinner won't be too damaging.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2011

Well what a great hostess I am, ran out this morning and did 45 minutes of my Combat class before heading out for the day, we did walk on the pier yesterday but I think the ice cream I was eating at the time negated "the exercise".

OMG Corinne what a scary thing to wake up to.  Ruth that leaf clean up sounds brutal and your DH was lucky, that happened to me a while back I was on the freeway by a lumber truck and I though to myself that doesn't look safe so I dropped back and the next minute a massive piece of wood came flying off the truck hitting right where I would have been.  Happy Thanksgiving MaryLouise, Sandee & Mum hope you all have a wonderful day.

• plainwhite
    plainwhite Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Good Luck to each and everyone of you!Smile
  • CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

Just to clarify...I was chasing my husband, not the bad guys.  I wasn't too worried about the hubs, he is a former collegiate wrestler, boxer and currently a wrestling coach.  He is also a firefighter.  I was worried because there were multiple guys breaking into the cars and the concerns was the hubs finding himself in an unfair fight with a knife in his stomach.

Hubs was out the door and I had about 2 min lag time to find him.  He ran out barefooted in his boxers!?!.  I grabbed my cellphone put on my gym shoes and grabbed a pair of shorts for him.  When I found them (I followed the yelling and was on the phone with the cops for the 2nd time) my husband had him on he ground.  The hubs wasn't hurt. The bad guy got arrested and we have a court date to appear to.  They got into 5 cars on our street, so they will have multiple court dates coming up. Each car owner/break-in is a different date.

Butt Bible 1 today.  So far, no change. :)

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011
    Hooray for SUPER HERO HUBBY in boxer shorts!!!! Smile
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2011

Patoo and Sande I hope you both feel better soon. I will get my beach walk in today.Apparently a hurricane is heading towards us here in Mazatlan so our last day here Monday might be a shopping day  instead.Just hope the storm doesn.t mess up our tues flight home.

• badger
    edited October 2011

OMG cheryl what a close call, that gave me goosebumps!  good luck mum and stay safe!

Headed out for a walk then doing paperwork all day so see y'all later.  Happy Sunday!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2011

Ladies, can I join you? About to finish up chemo in two weeks. Was working out like crazy pre-diagnosis, and have basically lost my way with treatment, etc........lost alot of weight during chemo (that needed to go) and as I am feeling better, want to get back into my workouts and keep healthy! I need the "voices". I'm a big yoga girl and was doin P90X prior. Think I might need to start slower than that, but I am ready!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2011

Hi ladies !  I just skimmed through 3 pages of posts to catch up.  Welcome to the ladies who are newer than me.  I am so impressed by all of you who are keeping up with your exercises.  I particularly like the 3 block print chasing your hubby in boxer shorts mum.

We had a lovely short visit from a Danish exchange student.  She is very bright and well spoken.  We did lots of eating and visiting and shopping.  She had never eaten peanut butter.  At times other Danish students piled into our house and we dubbed it IHOT or International House Of Teenagers.

I have joined the ranks of the nasty cold sufferers.  I developed the cold two days before the Dane left and it is getting worse this weekend.  I will be at two weeks without any exercise before I am back on my feet.  UGH !

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

Welcome to plainwhite and misswim. We love to have people join us.

Did two FIRM workouts "Cardio Dance Party' (30 minutes) and an old, hard 45 minute 'Body Sculpt' tape. I think somebody asked me about the FIRM (we do move so fast that it is hard to keep up!). Their stuff is great because it combines cardio with weights. It really does 'reset' the metabolism and is the only exercise program I've ever done where I have actually seen 'Visible results in 10 workouts'.

Now I HAVE TO make myself do school work! Later......

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to those north of the boarder! Love the turkey pic.

Yesterday was a 50 minute bike ride. Gorgeous outside.

Today was a 10K (6+ mile) Walk for Hope through a state park locally. GREAT DAY!! Perfect weather. I am not used to walking this much! (I typically cycle or elliptical) My toe tips are killing me from the down hills banging on the front of my sneakers!! Cramps in the calves! :)  Hurts so good. ha ha ha.

Welcome MissSwim! Do you swim too??  :)  I also am big into Yoga and Elliptical. : )

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2011

I don't swim! Not for excercise, anyway:) Swim is my last name...... I love yoga and have missed it so much! Starting a new class this Tuesday.

Got out for a short walk today, what beautiful autumn weather!