Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for all the input!  I've got the fans and they go 24/7.....I use an icepack that I keep in the freezer.....it gets used 4-5 times a day.  I always wear a tank/camisole and I'm constantly pulling clothes on and off.  That said, the hot flashes are tough, but tolerable......it's the flat mood and foggy brain that is bothering me most.....it seems to be intensifying.  I eat well, but I think that's the next thing I'm going to attack....along with the daily exercise.....Sealed
  • JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2011

Romansma I just want to suggest antidepressants.  I forget the name of it.  But, there is one that combats hot flashes.  It also helps boost your mood.  I asked for it when the hot flashes were very intense.  I have upped the dosage one time since.  Now I still get hot flashes but they are not so overwhelming.

On the exercise front I walked for a half hour and then stretched and did a little resistance training on my living room floor.  My teenage daughter and her friend were watching me stretch and found me amusing and embarrassing.  Ah the teen years.  Today I will try for a long walk.

Does anyone know how to modify Zumba so it doesn't hurt my back and knees ?  I love to do it but am achy for days after. 

• Romansma
    edited October 2011

Thanks JFV....my onc kept mentioning the antidepressants and I finally said yes.  Within a week I was getting these zaps in my head.....too scary for me and I stopped. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011
    Walked to the library and dawdled along the way. Nice fall afternoon to walk 5 miles. Cool
  • CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

Took the day off today.  Tomorrow I plan on doing another walk/run in the morning.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2011

Thanks Ruth! It was a nice compliment indeed....still trying to place her...

Mary- a great idea - paent it indeed

quiche- one, two three....I also go by he ' anyone can do ten more'  rule...and the ' no thank you portion' of anything in life rule...(you say no thank you, and get a tablespoon...no thank yo gets you five minutes on he readmill instead of the usual 20....it works !

I overdid it big time yesterday....my 37 year old nephew is in town...took him to the warm up and 60minute paddles with the bosom buddies...then went downtown and walked all over the ocean front and back....came home fo supper and then walked from my house to downtown for (free, 6 hour event in the fall to go and see interesting and wird art) "Nocturne" and then back 4 hours later....Honesty? I was ready to call a cab...felt as I did in March one step barely in front of the other but realized we had not been drinking water, my ankle/hip were sore and I had ZERO speed..then couldn't sleep when I got home so...tonight....bed at 10pm! Today we got up late, had breakfast and then drove to Lunenburg...did not ge out of the car...sightseeing and talking only.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011

Following you CorinneM1 - also took the day off.  Did some walking but it was through DSW shoe store which, if you know that store, is huge.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited October 2011

Nats- does that count if you are just feeling blah and overwhelmed with big decisions?I know quitting my main job wa a big decision..but signing the new contract to stay and do 8 teacher trainin gcourses in he same place where I ran the program...and buying a ouse in the valley..where everyone is regaling me wih snowstorm stories...and scaring the crap out o fme (wHY?/ I lived in New Brunswick in the snow belt...I have been driving for 33 years and have never, tap on wood, had an accdent....why am i letting the fears of other scare me??? too overwhelmed...but I took the ARimidex....two days done....so that is one fear deat with

Nephe wis here for the week and is a good soul..his thoughts resonate with me...he is here for the pop explosion so we are doin gmusic alll night every night when i finish work...which shold be easier given there are only 6 trainees.....yayay gifts! choir pratctice tomorrow so I will practice exercizing my voice

• Sandeeonherown
    edited October 2011

Ronna- deep tissue masage on the scar directly (yes it hurt but it worked) has reaallllllyyy111 redusced my scar tissue ...it helps to break it up and gives people in cars who are lookn gat you something to think about!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2011

Romansma- sorry the pills didn't work for you !  I hope you can find something else.  Perhaps just taking some time to let your body and emotions settle after all you've been through will work. 

I walked for a half hour today ( maybe longer I forgot to check the time) and did some stretches. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

Good evening all.

I've been away from here for a few days but still staying active. I actually started a Zumba class. It's fast and loud. Can't go this week but will continue the next week. 

This weekend my family and I went to the NC mountains. We canoed over 6 miles in the New River and hiked 4 hours on Stone Mountain. We took the strenuous trail - WOW! Parts of that was really hard! The weather was perfect and we had a blast.

Here is a picture of me with my family.

Monica's Wedding and Stone Mountain 2011 045" mce_src="" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited October 2011

35 minutes of abs when I got up, and have been busy doing other 'stuff' ever since.

• wonderland
    edited October 2011

I meant to add these pictures also:

Monica's Wedding and Stone Mountain 2011 054" mce_src="" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

Monica's Wedding and Stone Mountain 2011 057" mce_src="" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

Another 50 minute bike ride today! :) Great weather. Loving it!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2011

Wonderland beautiful family and gorgeous scenery.  Nats congratulations, you are the Energizer bunny you just keep on going.  Patoo DSWs are massive so you got a good walk inSmile

Today I did Body Step class, it was a new release and I dislike it immensly it's very athletic, in fact one of the tracks was so jumpy that as I started to do it my knees hurt too much so I went out and rode a bike for 7 minutes so at least I kept the heart rate up.  Weather here is beautiful but oh my the allergies, I'm going to take a Benadryl and go to bed.  Nite all.

• badger
    edited October 2011

hey wonderland, what a nice looking family!  And beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing!

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

Wow . . . I love this group!  I check out for two days and come back to all this energy and activity! We had a great time at the beach although I did overindulge in both food and fun :-) It was soooo worth it though, I accept the consequences that I know will show up on the scale. I did manage to get out for a walk/run on Saturday morning though so I felt good about that.

I thought about being a slug today, but all your posts have motivated me. Not sure what I'll do yet, but will make an effort to get out there and walk/run or ride or DVD it.

Julie: Great to hear from you! Glad your surgery went well and you're on the mend. Hoping you get a release for exercise soon. I live in Thousand Oaks, don't get out to Torrance much, but it's not too far out there. If you're ever in my neighborhood let me know.

Corinne and Patoo: So excited to see you both have caught the fever! 5K . . . go for it!

Romansma: Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with Tamox. Hope the exercise helps. Another thing I used for hot flashes is a product called Cool Flash. It's a tube of cream that you dot on your wrists and neck when you feel one coming on. I know it sounds hokey, but it really worked for me. Stopped those things in their tracks. I found it at Costco.

Sandee: Thanks for the tips. I'll have to give your "Sandee Rules" a try :-) Nice that you're having so much fun with your nephew.

Wonderland: What an extraordinary weekend! And the pics capture it beautifully.

Best to all.

• Romansma
    edited October 2011

Thanks for the tip on the Cool Flash....I need to go to Costco later this week so I will look for it.  The gel pack has been working good at home, but when I'm out....especially with clients, it's so embarrassing.  Oh well. 

I did 2 miles walk/run at the gym this morning along with some stretching and situps....Also kicking up the fruit and veggie intake this week....just finished a homemade smoothie!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2011

Wonderland beautiful photos makes me want to visit NC.

Been a good girl got my butt  into the gym yesterday and today.Tongue out

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

45 on the elliptical!!

• wonderland
    edited October 2011

Thanks for the kind comments on the photos. We had the BEST time and the weather was beyond perfect. Hopefully when I get the canoe pictures I can post them.

Mum: NC is beautiful. If you come this way, let me know!

Everyone is doing great! I'm so impressed. Hello to the new posters. I was very welcomed here when I started posting on this thread.

I fast walked/ran 2 miles tonight. The weather was in the upper 70's. Now I have to go wet vac the basement b/c the washing machine just broke and the water is all over the floor! UGH!!! I may wait until after DWTS - anything to postpone it! Tongue out

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011

2 miles walk/run today but then had a bagel and donut to wipe out the good!!!!!  Tomorrow is another day.  Going to be good.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

Wonderland, fantastic pictures. The family one should go on Christmas cards!! I can attest to the fact that North Carolina is a beautiful state to visit!

Swamped with work, so did 45 minutes of toning and 15 on the treadmill starting at 9:30 pm. ARGH!

Cheryl, don't blow out your knees before the weekend!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2011

Spin class tonight, as an aside the spin instructor and spinner were discussing spinners heart rate monitor/calorie counter info from saturday class.  Shannon burned 630 calories in class then after class talking (yes we all stand around and chitty chat after class) her calorie counter went up to 680 she went home and half an hour later her calorie counter was at 720 so you do keep burning calories for at least an hour after exercise.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

I do think exercise does reset your metabolism.

• badger
    edited October 2011

Walked 45-minutes at noon yesterday (I usually bring my lunch then eat at my desk).

Got to enjoy the nice fall weather while it lasts!  Going out to lunch with some friends today.

Have a good day everyone!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2011

Wonder - so sorry about washing machine!  What a mess.  Our fridge is dying - we have to keep a towel under it to sop up the water.  It's 12 years old so it's time for a new one.  We spent the weekend hitting appliance stores.  Yikes fridges have changed in 12 years!  Will you have to get a new washer or can this one be fixed?  If you have to get a new one, prepare for changes.  We had to replace our ancient washer last year and bought one of those front loading ones.  My clothes come out so much cleaner and the spin cycle is so good that they dry a lot faster.  It uses far less water and detergent as well.  

2 mile walk without the dogs this morning - amazing how much faster you go when you don't have walking companions who stop to sniff every bush, telephone pole, and yes, fire hydrant! Tongue out

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited October 2011

Beautiful family 'Wonder'. Thanks for sharing. It would be nice if we could all do that.

It's noon and I"m still in my robe. I'm getting a computer addiction. Took me all morning to order art supplies. Now I shall get dressed and WALK!

• PLJ
    PLJ Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2011

1 hour on treadmill...a daily ritual!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

Did indoor dance today with Billy Blanks Jr. for an hr.  Will do an early morning run tomorrow and Thursday morning.