Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• dragonfly55
    dragonfly55 Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2011

Hey Everyone, Hope to join in. Just getting over pneumonia and just diagnosed.

My start date is tomorrow morning. I hope its not to damp as I have arthritis in my knees.

But I have learned that exercise and outdoors is important.

So i'll start with a walk....

Ohhhhh I think I hear that "Go Girl Go" in the background.

Thanks!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

Welcome orangemat and dragonfly55, we're a great supportive bunch of movers & shakers.

Yep, you hear The Voices saying get up and get out and move it and shake it- you Go Girl!

We have a new yoga studio opening in town Nov 1 and I am signed up for Weds night classes starting Nov 2.  It's fundamentals of Hatha yoga which will be 'review' for me but that's OK.  I'm just happy to have them here.  (I live in a small rural town).  If I like them, I may ask if they'll consider a Sat class.  Since I work out of town I need evening / weekend classes.

Got in a bit of a walk around the square today, but cut it short to TCB to have tomorrow off.

Cool  Later ladies! 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited October 2011

Welcome to our new 'Girls On The Go'!

Very nice here; walked for an hour on my favorite walking trail, then did 30 minutes of abs. Tomorrow's exercise will consist of shopping at the Mall of America, and walking from our hotel to the theater. Saturday's exercise will be a Walking Food Tour of downtown Minneapolis. Yes, it is a tough exercise regimen, but somebody's got to do it Wink!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2011

First day after my last chemo, and I did a half hour of kickboxing. First exercise since my diagnosis 6 months ago. Felt great but I know feel I may collapse. Might have been alot on the first day!!! But I am so excited to get going!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

Ruth, Badger, Patoo, and Cheryl: Have a great time this weekend in Minneapolis!!! I want to see a picture of Badger wearing Helga's helmet!

misswim: Congratulations on finishing chemo! What a great way to celebrate.

Springtime: I live in Lexington. We're all geared up for the BBQ Festival this weekend.

Welcome orangemat and dragonfly55.

Good evening everyone. I was a bad/mean person tonight. The house besides ours is for sale (it foreclosed). The realtor sends yard people over to maintain the yard. They came today while we weren't home. Instead of blowing the leaves that are all over the driveway to the curb, they blew them into our yard. I took my rake and promptly raked them back onto the driveway! I don't normally do things like this! Surprised Tomorrow I'm calling the realtor to let them know what their yard people did and what I did. There are too many leaves that haven't fallen yet and we have plenty of our own to rake.

Yes, cancer can make nice girls do crazy things. Smile

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited October 2011

Girls Gone Wild!

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2011
    Good job everyone!  I made it to the gym again this morning.  For some reason, yesterday and today were tough to get there......Sealed
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011

Uh oh, what have I gotten myself into!  "Girls Gone Wild" - leave the cameras at home.  You don't tell and neither will I.  Innocent

Did 15 mins treadmill, 20 mins stat bike and 45 mins swim/jog today.  Now better get myself to bed for early rise and on to MN - Yea.

(welcome newbies and everyone else).

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2011
    Welcome Orangemat & Dragonfly.  Wonderland you made me laugh but it is annoying I just hope it isn't windy tonight and it they all blow backSurprised.  Did two classes tonight RPM and then Body Combat - didn't think I could make it all the way through Combat but I did (had to take my shoes off after about 45 minutes but I stayed the course).  Don't forget we'll also be getting a LOT of jaw exercising this weekend now I must get off ths computer and start packing, I'm soooooo excited for tomorrow.
  • ElsaPorter
    ElsaPorter Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2011

50 crunches, 33 minutes on the Treadclimber.  I WANT TO LIFT! 

• Aussie-Sharon
    Aussie-Sharon Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2011

Wow everyone is so good with their excerises...been a bit hectic here lately, did a curves gym class yesterday today missed out...better go for a walk tomorrow:)

Holding a Mini Field of women for Breast Cancer week tomorrow at the local tearooms...should look really pretty with the pink silhouettes against the beautiful blue ocean:)

Will attempt to take a photo and post to show you all.

Cheers x Sharon

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2011

We all want a full report from the Wild Girls of Minnesota after this weekend.  Be sure to ride the rollercoaster in the Mall of America! 

Wonder - definitely call the realtor.  I had a similar situation a few years ago and called - they were very grateful that a neighbor let them know what was going on.  Springtime - BBQ - yum!!!!  Misswim - what a way to literally kick that cancer!!!  Congrats on Chemo Graduation Day!!

30 minutes weights/resistance and 15 minute Lebeds. Our "FUNRaisers" morale group at work dubbed today Wear Pink Day at work in honor of B/C Month.  (They're a committee whose sole function is to organize fun silly morale stuff like "Wear Your Team Jersey" Day, "Ugly Sweater" Day, and annual Thanksgiving Hand Turkey art contest.) Pinktober can be a bit overwhelming, but I thought this was a lovely gesture of support.  So I hauled out every pink thing I own and have it on today, down to the undies!! Cool

Off to the cabin this weekend - the leaves should be at their peak.  Then we have the 5K on Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone, especially our Girls Gone Wild!   

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2011
    Waking in the rain has begun!  If you don't do it (or anything) in the rain in Seattle, when will you do it? Cool  Just throw a raincoat on (including the dogs) and off we go!
  • wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

Welcome to all the new posters!

Mary: I called the realtor and left a message on VM. The leaves are still where I raked them. Tongue out

Girls Gone Wild: we want an update!

Fast walked my neighborhood tonight in cool crisp autumn air. It was fabulous!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

Wonderland, Cool! South of Winston-Salem, right? Enjoy the BBQ!!

So yesterday (sorry, I know we're supposed to post everyday!) I did 45 on the elliptical. and 15-20 minutes of gentle yoga stretches at home.

Today after work we did a 50 minute bike ride. It was gorgeous outside! Clear blue skies, mid 60's, no wind. As Wonderland said, in NC we had "Cool crisp autumn air"!! All that wind rushing by blew out all the work gunk out of me! LET THE WEEKEND BEGIN!!

• misswim
    edited October 2011

Just did a two mile walk through the "Forest of Mystery"- a halloween themed event at a nature preserve in our area. Lots of uphill. 20 mins of kick boxing this morning. Not bad for two days PFC!!! I have a feeling I will be tired, but it feels so good to be excercising again!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited October 2011

5.25 miles today with a friend, chatting the whole while. Life is good. :)

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

Welcome Orangemat! Congrats on your yoga victory, so brave of you to pose on the spot like that! I don't do yoga but there's a Tai Chi Chuan class nearby I want to check out next week. What did you decide about the marathon? That's a tough decision.

Welcome dragonfly55! Can feel for you with such a new diagnosis. Hang in there and " Go Girl Go!" Great that you're including exercise in your treatment, it really does help. Some days will be better than others (I liked my steroid days the best!)

Misswim: Good to hear from you and welcome to the otherside! Congrats on getting through chemo and coming out fighting ;-)

Wonderland: You had every right to return those leaves! The only good part of that is how many extra calories you burned sending them back.

Cheryl: Between your Body Combat and Misswim's kick boxing it makes my hula hooping seem kinda sissy ;-)

Natsfan: Enjoy the cabin, sounds lovely and have a fun run on Sunday.

Good times and safe travels to the Girls Gone Wild! Can't wait for the report.

Oh yea, a good hour on the tread today . . . had to make up for yesterday's do nothing day.

• misswim
    edited October 2011

Quiche- I am following the "modifier" in my kickboxing videos for the time being. I will say that this morning was one time I appreciated my bald head because I was dripping in sweat and the one part of me that stayed cool was my chrome dome :) The program I am doing is called Turbo Fire. I lost 25 lbs on it before my diagnosis- and that weight loss caused me to find my little lump and saved my life, I do believe. I am commited to it simply for that reason! I LOVE hula hooping though. :)

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2011

Last night a half hour of "running" with my WII.  I can do it while watching TV so I don't feel like I am exercsing and about 15 minutes of weight training (with my lymphedema sleeve on).

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

Moved into run/ walk from walk/run today. Did a 5k to see if I could do it next week. Pathetic 20 min miles...but getting there

• misswim
    edited October 2011

30 Minute Baptiste Core Yoga video today- "for abs, back and spirit" as the cover so aptly described. Was all I could muster........ 3 days PFC and I am feelinh the last round (ever, fingers double crossed) of taxol soreness. Hope to get a workout in on Sunday and keep right on going..... Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2011

Orangemat- my physio and lymph. massage therapist said that it is the muscle which wraps around..chest, shoulders, back....low weight to start...stretching...massage to drain the lymphs....made a huge difference for me and I am back in my bras and into my old weight at the gym for pump class...and I can carry my prse again....time and massage:) Good luck

congrats PAtoo!!!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

50 minute bike ride! lovely day!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

All I was able to do this morning was take the dog for a 1/2 mile walk.  I will try to get a mini walk/run in tonight.  My thighs really hurt from yesterday.  But its a good hurt.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited October 2011

12.5 miles today in the park, glorious weather! I wore my arm sleeves, mostly so that I'd have a pocket for my ipod, though it does feel good to have that light compression on my upper right arm.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

Hey all, I'm back home.  Had a fantastic time in Minneapolis!  We had so much fun!  The weather was just about perfect and you could not find better companions.  Downtown Minneapolis is clean & friendly, with lots of interesting architecture.  I'll give a bit of an update and I'm sure the others will share too.

Friday afternoon was the Mall of America, where we had wonderful Italian food for lunch at Tucci Benucch and of course did some shopping.  Friday evening was La Cage Aux Folles at the beautifully restored State Theater.  George Hamilton was one of the stars and man goes he look good at 71!  Friday late night was a light meal and a drink at the bar & grille by the theater, then we walked back to the hotel. 

Saturday the food tour was canceled but we made do, and found our own way meandering around.  Happened upon the Aster Café and what a nice find that was.  Good food and great coffee.  Saturday night was elegant dining at Vincent restaurant, what a fabulous meal!  Lingered over dessert then strolled around downtown, mingling with the post-orchestra crowd, and headed back to the hotel.  

It was too late both nights to drink more wine so while we did toast your heaIth Tarts, the Helga Red stayed unopened.  I'll cellar it for another time.  Does that ruin our wild reputations?

OK that's enough for now, catch you later ladies!  {{hugs}} to all

Oh and since this is the post your daily exercise thread, we walked 5.3 miles Fri, 11.9 miles Sat, and I did at least 2.8 today (I took a lovely stretch break at a pretty rest area with a nature trail) so I'm calling it 20 miles for the trip.

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2011

Sounds like you ladies had a lovely time in Minneapolis !  Congrats to all who are in active treatment and still exercising.  Keep up the good work.  Took a stroll with hubby and dog after dinner Saturday night and today took a longer, faster paced walk and then some weight trainning.  Well, I don't think it's really weight training.  The weights are 5 lbs and the training doesn't last that long.  But, at least it's something !

• patoo
    edited October 2011

HI, I'm back home safely as well.  Was a great time with wonderfu. companions.  Thanks ruthbru, badger and hbcheryl for the company.  Mall of America is amazing with a child's dream amusement park.  The place is huge and has every imaginable store.  Many of them I did not recognize at all and that was nice to see the variety of offerings.  I also enjoyed walking thorugh the skyways at Nocollet Mall which is in downtown Minneapolis.  Hey, ever seen a multi-storied Target?  I haven't.  MN is headquarters for them and the store is huge.  

Badger conveniently left out the stop for decadent dessert (in lieu of lunch) on Saturday.  Not much more to add though.  ruthbru has the pictures and will put some on when she figures out how!   Laughing

I was going to walk but figured that the over 15 miles we did over the weekend (BTW my pedometer was in my bag all the time) will suffice and I will take it easy today.

Night my sculpted friends.

• patoo
    edited October 2011

Boy, those ladies wore me out.  Not yet 7pm and I'm falling asleep.