Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2011

What fun ladies!

I hit the yoga mat again today. My sore muscles needed it. Tomorrow, I may try one of my Firm DVD's, they are covered in dust at this point!

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited October 2011

So when and how did you guys plan this meeting? It sounds like a great time and how many of you were there?

Badger....it would be so easy to get things going here as well.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011

artsee, I think it was ruthbru who threw out the idea sometime in September(?) and we just did it.  There were only 4 of us but we had a great time.  I'm sure badger will take you up on the opportunity.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

Can't wait for the pictures! Sounds like a wonderful trip. Excellent food, lots of walking, shopping, and a musical - WOW! Sorry you didn't get to open the Helga Red. I was looking forward to pictures of Badger wearing her helmet. Wink

I worked in the yard trimming bushes and pulling weeds for 2 hours today. Great weather for outdoor yard work.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2011

walked walked walked all weekend...At Peggy's Cove, along an old railway path, downtown......well beyond my 10,000 each day. phew

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

artsee you bet I'd love to do a Door County trip sometime, and I think there are others who would as well.  I'd also love to do a SoCal trip, and a NYC trip, and a NOTL trip, and an Australia trip... there are so many wonderful places to go and people to meet. 

Do you ever get to Madison?  I work downtown and there are lots of good places for lunch.

Something I would love to do is the Night Sky Festival at Acadia National Park in Maine (here's info about 2011's, the third annual)  http://www.nps.gov/acad/planyourvisit/nightskyfestival.htm  combined with a visit to Nova Scotia to meet Sandee and a day trip to PEI.  Ruth you have Mpls and MTM, I have PEI and Anne of Green Gables.  :-)

patoo brought us each of us a souvenir beanie baby bear wearing a tiny commemorative t-shirt.  We lined them up and took a pic and mine was wearing the Helga horns LOL!  I hope the pic comes out, it was so cute!

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

Wow, sounds like Minneapolis was a blast . . . shopping, dining, theatre and getting all that walking in! I've never thought of Minneapolis as a destination city, but now I think I need to put it on my list.

I haven't been too active lately. Yesterday I exercised my arms and did lunges. Today I got 30 minutes on the treadmill and a short walk with the dog. (JVF: I'm impressed that you're pumping 5#!I'm still using 2# weights and can only do 50 reps before I begin to worry I might trigger an LE flare up. Slow but sure . . . I'll be so excited when I finally work up to 5#)

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2011

Just ran across this thread. Had a great yoga class today at LA Fitness. Will do elliptical and treadmill and work on the machines tomorow and Wednesday. Tuesday and Thursday, I go to the yoga/exercise class that my oncologists holds.

I am a slug the rest of the time!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited October 2011
    I am trying to get the pictures on here and it is not working!!!!DSCF1310
  • Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

45 on the elliptical! :)

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2011

I just want to say I had a FABULOUS weekend in Minneapolis, it truly is a beautiful city and it was made even better because I got to share the time with my amazing BCO exercise friends not only did we do lots of walking but there was lots of talking and laughing oh and we mustn't forget the fantastic food, last nights dinner at Vincent was amazing.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

Yes, we were the 'loud room' at the hotel, and the people one passes sometimes in the street or at a restaurant where you think, "Gosh, I wish I were with them, because they are having so much fun!" Cool We think it would be fun to have annual 'Fall Fling' and 'Summer Spectactular' weekends twice a year for whomever could make it......

(artsee, I posted asking who would like to/be able to get together in Minneapolis a couple times during September.)

I got as far as getting the pictures from the camera chip into a file on my computer, and that is as far as I can get them. So.........if someone can explain step-by-step to the severely technology impaired (ie ME) how to get them posted, I will try again. Otherwise, pictures will have to wait until either DS is home  or until I get them developed and hard copies sent to patoo, who is a smart computer person and will be able get them up without problem!

I did an hour of light toning tonight (my aerobic activity was well covered this weekend!) and, as I am having overnight company tomorrow night, I also did a little 'Straigten and Sculpt' and some 'Grocery Gym'. I NEED to get to bed. Have a great last week of Ocober! Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2011

Um I did the same thing I have managed to get the few pics I took on to my computer and no further, I need a 10 year old kid to help me

• wonderland
    edited October 2011

Ruth and Cheryl: Look under the HELP section on how to add an image.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011
    I did; didn't help......Frown
  • CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

I am looking forward to seeing the pics--you ladies had a blast!

This morning did 30 min of cardio at home via On Demand.  The hubs stated that we would go for a light run tonight, time permitting.  Working out in the evenings doesn't work well for me.  I hope to be able to go for a run/walk Tuesday morning.  I purchased new running shoes and a sports bra over the weekend--I need to break them in.

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

Did my Lebed exercises this morning while wearing light wrist weights. Not sure that's recommended, but my arms are so weak, I thought any little bit might help. So far so good.

Hey Corinne: New running shoes and a sports bra . . . this is serious, it is ON! Cool

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2011

Minneapolis sounds fabulous - can't wait for the pix!!  The teddy bears sound adorable, especially Badger's with the hat on!

Ran the 5K yesterday morning - I finished pretty close to last, but I don't care - I finished it!!!  And I never stopped running the whole way - I was running out of gas by the end, but I told myself if I could get through chemo, this was nothing.  I played my usual "inspirational" role - meaning that younger folks who had stopped to walk start running again after I passed them.  It must be embarassing for them to be passed by an overweight red faced 55 year old.  Cool  The only thing I can't figure out is how the people who set up the race managed to make the course uphill both ways! Undecided

Did 15 minutes Lebeds and 30 minutes slow elliptical this a.m. - I just wanted to get those leg muscles loosened up again after the 5K.  

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited October 2011

Hi girls-

Wow, I have missed so much!  Figured out that four of you got together-Patoo, Ruth, Badger and Cheryl I take it?  I dropped the ball on the Tahoe idea, but I still want to put that out there for next summer!  I know how much fun those "virtual" friend are when they turn into "reality" friends...did that with a group of Ediet girls several years ago...it's a blast!

Can't even begin to get caught up since I have been MIA, but have been thinking about all of you.  Will try really, truly hard to get on here every Monday and see what you are all up to.

Many xxxs and ooos.  Oh, and PS, will try to find out how to post pictures on here so I can tempt you all with Tahoe pics for a summer sojourn!

Kim 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited October 2011

Sounds like the Minneapolis meet-up was a blast! Yes, pictures, please!

Congrats on your 5k, NatsFan! DFL is always better than DNF... which of course always beats DNS... *

Corinne, yay on the new running shoes and sports bra! New exercise gear is always fun.

Lebeds? Are those LE specific exercises?

5 slow miles in the park for me today, though I still have PT on deck for this afternoon, and maybe even yoga tonight. Heh, ambitious much?

Oh, and in the midst of it all, I have PS consultation #2 this afternoon. Guess I better go shower! Happy Monday, all!

* In case anyone's lost on the running acronyms:
    DNS = did not start
    DNF = did not finish
    DFL = dead f*cking last

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

I am sure that I will be DFL this weekend.  I am going to a neighborhood 5K run.  Yes, there is a walk part of it, but I plan on registering for the run part. Wish me luck!  At least I will look cute with my new running shoes and spunky noobs. Tongue out

• PLJ
    PLJ Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2011

I hour on treadmill as usual...had to burn off all the naughty calories I ate last night. Scallop and asparagus pasta with roasted garlic, onions, tomatoes and BACON! Haven't eaten bacon in, well, I don't recall! Had a glass of red, too...figured I would celebrate in style! LOL

Cheers to you in your runs, ladies!

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2011

I don't know how I did this but here we are

hbcheryl, Patoo, ruthbru, Badger

(edited because I got so excited that I actually did it without the help of a 10 year old that I hit the button but forgot our names)

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

What a great photo of you all!  Love the fall leaves.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,511
    edited November 2011
    Hi Community Members!
    We invite you to participate in our short survey about exercise!Do you exercise, or want to but don't? We want to know. If you do exercise, what types of exercises are part of your routine? Walking, swimming, dancing? Tell us!You can take our survey at this link:
    Exercise SurveyWe appreciate hearing from you.Thanks,The Breastcancer.org Team
  • wonderland
    edited October 2011

Just a quick fly by as I have to leave for the night. Way to go Cheryl! If feels so good to not need a 10 year to help us. Smile

GREAT PICTURE OF 4 BEAUTIFUL WOMEN!!!

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited October 2011

What a great picture of all of you.Isn't it wierd when you finally get to see the real faces from a virtual person?

Badger...one of my best friends lives in Middleton. In fact we are staying next door to them in Az the month of March. It'll be the first snowbird thing DH and I are doing. we'll start out with one month. Can't stay away all winter from those little grand kids....just can't do it. Putting on the walking shoes and doing the 3 miles. See ya.....

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

Having unexpected but very nice company (aunt and uncle) overnight tonight and maybe tomorrow. They are retired and like to be spontaneous (which means we are eating out for supper!), so I will not be able to play with the pictures, or find a 10 year old to do so, until they leave.

Welcome back, Kim!! Great to see you.

If you finish what you start....you WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited October 2011

ruthbru said "If you finish what you start....you WIN!!!!!!!!!!!"

You betcha! Or put another way, no matter now slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch. :)

I had my consultation with the second-opinion PS this afternoon regarding my revision surgery. In a nutshell, he said there was nothing to lose and everything to gain by waiting another three months to have the surgery. So my January marathon is back ON!!!

Which means, of course, that I only have 11 weeks to train for it. Oh crap....

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

Hi Kim!  Congrats Mary! 

oops supper's ready so gotta go but gotta post two walks today.  One at lunchtime and one after work.  Got in seven miles altogether.  TTFN Tarts!