Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

orangemat: 7.3 mile run and PT workout? Yes, I'm tired just reading all that!

badger: Take the tour!

Good evening all.

Fast walked/jogged my neighborhood tonight. Looks like we'll be getting the rain tomorrow that a lot of you are writing about. Just in time for the weekend.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited October 2011

Wow, I am impressed by you running ladies! I can walk forever, but could not run even if you dangled Johnny Depp in front of me on a stick!

Like patoo, I made dinner for a friend doing chemo; but since most of my food came from a bag or box, I could not use it as a 'no exercise' excuse.....30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 of abs. Tomorrow night I'm helping chaperone an 'Activity Night'. I should get some extra bonus points for chasing after 6-7-8th graders all over the school all evening....frightening thought, isn't it?!!!!!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

45 on the elliptical beast. And I really did not want to do it. But I did anyway!!! 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2011

Like Ruth I am in awe of you running girls, I can punch and kick and pedal and dance but running, well even if Johnny Depp was dangling a chocolate bar on a stick I couldn't get my body in to the running motion -hmmmm wonder why I was always picked last in PE class at school.

Tonight I did RPM (spin) class and then half a Body Combat class as that was all the energy I could muster.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited October 2011
    I must not have had enough coffee yet. I read this as "Like Ruth I am in awe of you running girls, I can punch and kick and pole dance..."
  • ruthbru
    edited October 2011
    Laughing
  • CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

And I must not have had enough coffee either.  I read your post as "a chocolate dipped Johnny Depp on a stick..." which doesn't sound awful, I must say.

• orangemat
    edited October 2011

OK, Corinne, you win! Smile

Yoga class this morning, then 4 miles in the park this afternoon. I find it difficult to go out running after going to yoga class as a rule, so it's a big accomplishment for me that I actually got out to run today. Temps were in the high 40s and sunny, so I got one more wearing out of my running skirt before tomorrow's cold snap.

Have a good weekend, all!

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited October 2011

We had a heavy frost last night but during the day it was a beautiful day for a brisk walk. Did 3 miles. No running for me. My joints hurt enough without running. The only thing that doesn't hurt are my knees so I will be gentle on them. My son does marathons and I will do a half in May...but will walk it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Badger I got your PM, thanks and I will keep you in mind.Smile

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

If it were a chocolate dipped Johnny Depp on a stick, even I might be able to muster a slow jog!!!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

Sounds like a good idea for next year's WI State Fair, there's always something new 'on a stick'.

Wonderland, I took that tour of the Capitol today and really enjoyed it, took about 45 minutes.  Saw the Gov's conference room (the real fancy one where bills are signed), the Supreme Court hearing room, the Senate and Assembly chambers, and the rotunda.  Lots of gorgeous artwork and woodwork, paintings and sculpture, marble and limestone from all over the world, stained glass skylights, glass tile mosaics, and lots of real gold paint.  It's a beautiful building and I'm so glad I took the time to do that today.

Going to see the movie 50/50 tonight.  Have a good weekend everyone!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011

You ladies are funny.  Actually watching Johnny Depp right now with DS in Pirates #4 movie.  Can't for the life of me understand the draw of this series but cable is on blitz (I accidentally spilled a few drops of water on it and of course it has holes in the top - Oops) so a DVD it is until I can turn it in tomorrow.

Corinne, you are leaving me in the dust.  I can't seem to build up any running stamina.   Think I'll research running clubs to see if I can find any 1K races - hehehe 

• Timbuktu
    Timbuktu Member Posts: 1,423
    edited October 2011

packjen, that's a great joke, thanks for the laugh!

Tryng to ride my bike 8 miles a day now.

You guys are all so encouraging. 

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

30 minutes pilates, 30 on the treadmill, then back to school for 'Activity Night' where I was the supervisor of 'Bingo In the Band Room'.......my throat is sore from yelling out B14, O68 etc. for two hours straight.

'Johnny On a Stick'....Oh My!!!!

• Aussie-Sharon
    Aussie-Sharon Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2011

Bike ride today along the foreshore...supposed to be spring here:) please can we have some sun!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2011

To celebrate my one year mark ( a little late mind you), my husband and I registered for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston in May, 2012. Time to start training! Plan on walking 3 miles today!!!

• orangemat
    edited October 2011

Good for you, misswim! I did the walk in NYC a couple weeks ago, my first, and am already registered for next October.

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

First 5K today!  Wish me luck!  I am hoping to run 2 min/walk 1 the entire time.  This will be my baseline, and depending on how good or bad, I feel, I am thinking about signing up for the Hot Chocolate Race next weekend.  Its a 5K where at the end there is a chocolate fountain, chocolate squares and hot chocolate waiting for you.

I do plan on doing the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving with some of my family.  People keep telling me that Turkey Trots are tons of fun.

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

orangemat and missswim--is there a training program for the 3 day walk?  When do you need to start?  How many months out?  The one in Chicago is in Aug, and I am thinking about doing it. 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2011

Sherry - so, so sorry to hear the news about your Dad.... know how you feel!  Frown

I have been taking my daily walks, and because of you guys, I have gotten back on my treadmill for 40 minutes trying to add some running into that time.... started with 5 minutes and have worked up to 10 minutes of running out of the 40.  Amazingly, I do not have any knee or hip soreness!!  I do know that there are a whole bunch of muscles around our ankles that know how to scream when they feel abused!

Heading down to the treadmill again now!

• artsee
    edited October 2011
    I hear talk about 'Jonny's stick'.....what about it? Hope he's o.k.Surprised
  • artsee
    edited October 2011

Do I hear talk about Jonny's stick? What's wrong with it?.....hope he's o.k.!

Walked early and took pic's of some reference for painting. Beautiful day.

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

What a riot! It's been fun catching up the last couple of days :-)

Great MN pics, especially like the MTM shot, hat in the air, picture perfect! I was also taken by the fact that behind those beautiful smiles is that kick @$$ attitude that killed the beast!

SherryC: It was touching to see how much your dad cherished family and fun. It is also interesting to see what strong family roots you have in Gonzales. Hope you're doing OK, still in my thoughts.

NatsFan: That's going to be a fantastic trip! This senior thing is bitter/sweet . . . I do love the discounts! Even thought about getting a fake ID because many don't start til 55 ha! That's bad I know.

Julie: Good to hear from you and see that you're back on the go!

Springtime: Hope you can get off that elliptical and back on the bike soon.

Corinne: Good luck at the 5K today! So exciting to watch this unfold, you've become a runner!

Orangemat & hbcheryl: You both wear me out just reading about your workouts.

Misswim: Congrats on your one year mark and what a great way to celebrate!

I've been keeping busy. Took another tai chi class. One thing I noticed is that even though many in the class are 10-15-20+ years older than me, most are in much better shape! Quite the incentive to keep it up. Also took a great bike ride yesterday . . . had a goal to do 20 miles, but miscalculated the route and ended up going 25! Was nervous about the consequences, but not feeling too much worse for wear today. I do plan to take it easy though.

• misswim
    edited October 2011

Corrine- The Avon is a 2 day. They have specific weekly programs depending on if you want to do the 26.2 or the full 39.3. i haven't quite figured out which to do as I am still recovering from chemo now. It is a great program though, I am very excited about it.

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

I thought the walk was a 3 day, 26 mile course. The full is nearly 40miles?!?. Oh boy. That is challenging.

Okay, I wasnt DFL, but was on the back. I finished in 38mins, which was about a twelve min mile.

• misswim
    edited October 2011

The one is boston gives you two options: 13.1 miles per day, or 26.2 the first and 13.1 the second. I am gaging what I will do by how quickly I recover from treatment and can train.

Congrats on the 12 minute mile- I was nowhere near that when I was running and in great shae. Can't imagine how I'd be now!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2011

Apparently, thighs can scream too!! 

Did 45 minutes on treadmill with 15 minutes of it as running...Little achy, but feel really good otherwise!!  Don't foresee me doing any marathons or runs - ever, but am quite amazed with what I can do already!

Keep up the GREAT work Tarts!

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

Alright Corinne . . .  way to go! 12 min mile, I'd be jumping for joy. Did you run more than you thought you would or did you stick to your run/walk strategy? Just curious.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011
    45 on the elliptical (too cold in NC to cycle, sad, boo) and then 2 hours of gardening. Does that count?? :)  More gardening tomorrow... 

Thinking of those who are getting snow already before Halloween!! 
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

45 minute walk this afternoon, love being out in the crisp autumn air. Yes, gardening counts!

congrats Corinne, on finishing not DFL (lol) but more importantly, starting in the first place.

the first step is the hardest but once you take it, momentum and The Voices keep you going.