Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011

Congrats Corinne, that's great.  You should be proud of yourself.  I'm still having a hard time trying to increase my endurance.  Did 30 mins on treadmill today and still can't run much more than a minute at a time.  Frustrating but I'll keep trying.

Walloped by snow today, wet and heavy and no, I'm not getting out for sculpt and shovel.  Hoping it's just a fluke and the driveway will melt on it's own.  I did push it off the front steps for the pizza delivery man (Oops, wasn't supposed to divulge that!) 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2011

Walked through a spooky cornmaze last night and did yoga and qui gong today as part of a Cancer Care workshop

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited October 2011

ruth love the pictures, looks like you had a great time.

Last week with all my stuff going on all I did was make it to PT.  I finally started PT a couple of weeks ago because my pec muscle has been pretty messed up since rads.  I do yoga but it has just not been enough.  MY BS commented on how tight it was but was glad to hear I was in PT.  Anyway my biopsy came back inconclusive so after my BS and MO talked they wanted it out right away. I spoke to my PS and he agreed with them.  So I am scheduled for an excisional biopsy on Thursday of this week.  I was really hoping to not have surgery again. I tried my best to weasel out of it but no such luck.  So I really dread telling my mother, but we live in a small town and I work for the county and will have to turn my timecard in on Wed before I leave and I am too afraid that someone will tell her and that would be worse than me not telling her.  So I spoke to one of my brothers and decdided I am going to wait until Wed evening to tell her and I am sure she will want to go to the hospital with me and DH on Thursday. And she will probably want to come and cook for me on Friday.  I guess that is OK it will give her something to do.  I just hate the thought of her worring about me after all she has been through with my Dad and his lung cancer.   I am trying to do Sandee's 24 hour rule.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2011

The very best of luck to you, Sherry. Will be thinking of you :)

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2011

Orangemat & Corinne, you are wickedWink, if it was me at a pole dance class there would be a newspaper headline reading "stupid old woman breaks neck trying to turn herself upside downTongue out

Corinne congratulations on your 5K you did amazing, now that Hot Chocolate one sounds very interesting,  hmmm can you tell I love chocolateSealed

Quiche I totally get the senior thing, long before I was one, I was at Wild Rivers and the kid assumed I was a senior and I was horrified, now it's "do you give an AARP discount"? 

Patoo can't believe it's snowing already, and yum on the pizza.

Mary Louise I'm impressed with your treadmill running and soon you'll be dusting off your Wii fit.

Aussie Sharon where are you from?

Sherry thinking of you (((HUG)))

Today I did Body Combat class, came home for an hour then went back to the gym and did Body Jam class, it was a one time only as there was no one to teach zumba and our saturday Combat girls also teaches Jam in Pasadena, it was such a fun dance class and then afterwards a group of us went out to breakfast and I undid all the good I had done cause I ate a very delicious and large cinnamon rollSurprised  oh and don't you think if they can make chocolate Oscars they really should be able to make chocolate Johnny Depps - just sayin'

Like Badger says the first step is the hardest but we all need to be proud of ourselves cause it sure is easy to blow off exercise, doesn't matter what we are doing as long as we are moving.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited October 2011

Corinne, congratulations on the run! Did you hear your cheer team (us) in the background?

Sherry, thinking of and praying for you. I hope you can be busy enough so that you don't go crazy before Thursday. The waiting is the most awful part, I think.

Cheryl, I bet you'd do a mean pole dance!! Wink

Worked at school all morning, cut down the rest of my perennials, walked on my favorite walking path for an hour, and just got home from dinner and a movie. I waited until today to get my Halloween candy in hopes that I could avoid snacking on it....but I've already broken in and eaten 4 pieces.....and it is stuff I don't even really like that much. Sigh!!!

Keep diverting that snow from us, we don't want it!!!! 

Good Night, ladies!

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2011

I've been on vacation this past week.  The rv resort we stayed at in Buellton had a mini gym, so I worked out with my 2 sons on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday for 40 minutes each time.  We went to Pismo Beach after that, but no gym there.  The rv resort we stayed at was within walking distance to lot's of things, so I managed to walk about 3 miles on Wednesday, 8 miles on Thursday, and another 3 miles on Friday.  Looking forward to getting back to my routine Monday morning!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011

Just watched the weather. Patoo, it's a good thing we did Minneapolis last weekend as if it had been this weekend, you might have spent in snowed in at an airport in New Jersey!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited October 2011

Quiche--I did the run 2min  walk 1min method.  Into the 3rd mile I was getting a little light headed, so I did 1x of run 2, walk 3min and then picked the 2/1 back up.  My SIL/running coach told me that we needed to sprint to the end, which we did. Out of 130 people, I was 109.  Like I said, not DFL, but towards the back.

No pain today.  Hubs said that if I wasn't in pain, that I didn't run hard enough.  I think I can push it to run 2.5min, walk 1.  I am going to sign up for the Hot Chocolate race which is next Sat.  Its a choice of run 15K, run 5K and walk 5K.  I will do the run 5K.  At the end of the race is a chocolate fountain, hot cocoa, and chocolate squares. :)  My husband will do next week with me and he tends to push me harder, so I will be curious to see my time at the end of this race.  

Even better news--went to a neighboorhood Halloween party last night and I won best costume.  I was Batgirl.  I got a $25 gift certificate to Lettuce Entertain You restaurants.  Not quite sure why I won...it wasn't that good of a costume.  Hoping I didn't get the "vote for her, she just had her boobs chopped off" vote.  But, don't really care too much.  Free dinner for me!Smile

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

Ruth--seriously, I did hear the voices in the background.  What you all were saying was "don't be DFL, don't be DFL".  And "you can do this".

But you knew that already. Tongue out

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

Took the day off yesterday, no big plans today. According to loseit.com you can burn 227 calories doing an hour of gardening . . . I think I'll head outside with pruners and a broom and see what happens.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

well the rain finally stopped so walked for an hour this afternoon- felt great to be outdoors!

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited October 2011

My white counts were up this last week, then the very next day, I caught the terrible chest cold that was going around my house. My cough was so bad, it went into my bronciles, so I was on 5 days of antibiotics this week which I finished today, so I haven't exercised since last Tues, when I taught zumba class. I can't wait to get back to it this week. I have been so tired. I miss my exercise.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited October 2011

The rain made it's way over here....looks like no outdoor walk for me today. Glooooomy.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011

Well lucked out and the sun melted all the ice in the driveway.  My street has lost about 20 trees which split when heavy branches bent under the weight of the ice.  Going to be in the 20's tonight and thousands without power. 

Took DS to the mall so got in a little over 2 miles walking today.  Taking tonight off. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

Lots to catch up -

Corinne: Congratulations on your 5k AND winning the costume contest!

Badger: You took the tour! It sounds beautiful. Glad you did it.

Ruth: Not bragging or anything, but so far I haven't dipped my hand into my candy stash. Tomorrow night will be a different story!

Cheryl: I love reading about all the classes you take. Their names just about wear me out! 

Sandee: A haunted corn maze sounds fun.

Sherry: We will all be with you when you tell your mother on Wednesday. (((HUGS)))

Romansma: Your vacation sounds delightful!

Springtime: The weather was yucky Friday and Saturday but today was beautiful!

fmakj: Glad to read that you are back on your treadmill.

misswim: Congratulations on celebrating your 1 year out by signing up for the Avon Walk.

patoo: SNOW! Too early for that!

zumbagirl: So sorry you've been sick! I hate coughing like that. Glad you're feeling well enough to get back to your zumba class.

artsee: Hope your gloomy weather changes soon.

Johnny Depp on a stick: dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with sugar sounds good!

Good evening all.

I've been busy all day going through my mail and trying to get caught up. Very proud of myself because I've been slack with it. Dh and I carved 3 pumpkins for tomorrow night. We also fast walked the neighborhood. Clear weather and the temperature was 55 degrees. Awesome walk!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2011
    Did two FIRM workouts; 30 minute Cardio Dance Party and 45 minutes of Body Sculpt. Cold and dreary here....but no snow, so I am not complaining!
  • artsee
    edited October 2011

Wonderland..you should be proud of yourself. I envy you in fact. All the details that you retain about all these ladies is amazing. That is one big complaint I have about the AI that I take. My brain doesn't do what it used to in the line of memory. It's sad...very sad. People used to tell me I had too much going on in my head...but it's the drug I know it.I think it's so nice that you recall a little about everyone. Almost like family! 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2011

Today I did Body Step class and oh my I've hurt myselfFrown. In one part of the class you have your hands on the step and you are on your toes you bend your left knee, then your right knee and do a push up well I have been doing this move modified on my knees but today I felt so good I went up on my toes and now my back is out so I'm sitting here with an ice pack and feeling sorry for myself when it was my own stupid fault, ah well tomorrow is another daySmile

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2011

I am so glad gardening counts! Badger says so!!   :)  2 hours today. 

Also 45 on the elliptical!  

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

Ugh. That suxs Zumbagirl. I hope you feel well and well enough to get back into your reg routine soon.

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

Ditto for you Cheryl. Hoping your back feels better soon.

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2011

Awwww, ZumbaGirl and Cheryl . . . so sorry to hear about your illness and mishap. Wish you well and take good care.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2011

I hope that both Cheryl and ZumbaGirl are feeling better soon! 

Happy Halloween everyone!  Not really into Halloween this year.  We have friends coming over while my kids take their daughter out trick or treating!  Lets hope that the rain holds off tonight!

Heading out for my walk shortly....... really find it hard to get going with it being so dark in the mornings!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2011

AAWW Cheryl thats one of the reasons I don't do the classes as much.I was always overdoing it durring the class and hurting myself.I find soaking in a hot tub before bed and volateran gel rub really helps.Hope you get better soon and back on that exercise wagon.

All I did this weekend was outdoor walking.but today I will get my butt into the gym for an hour.

Everyone have a ssppookkyy evening.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2011

Twelve inches of snow at the cabin this weekend!!!  I spent the weekend doing the Shovel 'n Sculpt.  It was only supposed to be 3-5 inches, which my Subaru Outback can handle easily.  But 12 inches is a little more than it wanted to do up our unpaved driveway, which goes up and over a mountain.  Since we're still in full Fall Mode up there, tons of trees and branches either came down or were bent periously over the driveway, so we had to add Chainsaw 'n Sculpt to the mix.  Weird to have snow covering red and gold fall leaves!  It was beautiful Sunday when the sun came out and lit up all the snow with light.  It was an adventure to be sure. 

2 miles jogging this morning.  It felt good - I wanted to stretch everything out after stooping and shoveling all weekend. 

Corinne - 12 minute miles??  Wow - I am absolutely impressed.  I'm proud of myself with my little 13.5 minute miles!  Sherry - sorry about the unexpected surgery.  Will be thinking of you Thursday.  Zumba - take care of yourself!  Cheryl - you mean they don't have a pole dancing class at that gym of yours??  Wink

• CorinneM1
    edited October 2011

Happy Halloween everyone! 

NatsFan--that sounds beautiful--crisp white snow and the red leaves.  What a combo. 

Ran/walked 40 min today.  Upped the running from 2 min run/1 min walk to 2:30 run/1min walk.  Hurting already.  That is quite a difference!  Am going to try do keep up with the 2:30/1 routine on Wednesday and there is another 5K, the Hot Chocolate race, that is this weekend that I am thisclose to signing up for.

After that there are a few Xmas themed 5Ks in Chicago, and then nothing for Jan or Feb.  Its too bloody cold!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2011
    Mary mentioned that 4 letter word that starts with S and Canadians hate.Yell
  • wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2011

artsee: WOW! You make me feel so good! But I have a confession to make. My memory is shot also (thanks Arimidex!). So, I use this little notebook to jot down notes when it's been a few days since I had posted. My secret is out now! But you are so right in saying that this is like family. I love signing in and checking on everybody! Ruth and I even met this summer when she was in NC. That was very special to me!

I care about everyone here. As a matter of fact, I had all you with me this morning when I went for my 6 month diagnostic mammo. I repeated your names to help me. All is well!!! I don't have to go back for a year now. I hugged the tech (who I know) and did a little dance. Then I was useless the rest of the day because I wanted to celebrate!

Cheryl: Hope your back feels better today.

Mary: 12 inches - oh me!

Mum: It took me a minute to figure out was the S word is. Then I got it!

Corinne: You rock!

No exercise for me tonight. The trick-or-treaters just started. Happy Halloween everyone!

• artsee
    edited October 2011

Wonder...I'm sorry I made you let your little secret out. That is what I'll have to do. Take notes. I always think of stuff during the night when I can't sleep and I don't want to turn on the lights to jot down notes. Then in the morning, I haven't got a clue....but then after a while it comes back.

I'm so happy for the good mamo. It's always such a relief. Just had one and a ultra sound, because of a problem but both came out clear. It feels so great to be able to breath after holding your breath all that time.Yell