Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2011

about to walk downtown for a hot stone massage...and then will walk back. That will bemy steps for the day. Did treadmill and elliptical Tuesday but was totally whacked yesterday so...nope.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2011
    Disney World? Woohoo! I'll be there in January... too bad it's not a local thing, since I see you're in central NJ, patoo. I'm in the northeastern corner of the state, and would happily drive down to assist you in your race.
  • artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited November 2011

Patoo...I am registering for a 5K and I've never done it either. But I do walk.......If all fails we can WALK right?

You are just a flyin around like a bird.....

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2011

attawoman patoo!  what fun, I was wondering where you'd do a 5K in Jersey in Feb!

Had a day full of meetings so was sitting a lot but managed a few stretch breaks.  It's the lingering positive influence of last night's yoga class.  I really like this new teacher and hope she keeps offering a 6:30 class.  Works great with my long commute.  'Night, Tarts! 

• marie11
    marie11 Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2011

Managed to get in a three mile run this morning. It's hard to roll out of bed in the cold and dark. But like always once I get out there it's not bad. Scared a group of white tailed deer. They must have thought I was insane to be out so early. It's starting to get pretty lonely out there and once the fall marathons are over no one but me will be out for months.

Think exchange surgery is gonna be moved up a week. Think I can go back to work 5 days later? Cause that's the plan. Only have to work two days then have another week off. Planning on being a total slacker those days, but do need to be present.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited November 2011

Marie11- I think you can do whatever you set your mind on doing.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited November 2011

Yes, patoo, you are nuts, but in a good way! Cool

I did the 30 minutes of pilates after my meeting last night, and then went to bed. I was beat. I walked for an hour after work tonight. It was chilly; but with the time change next week and the calendar marching on toward winter, my afterwork walking days will soon come to an end. Sigh!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited November 2011

I walked downtown, had a hot stone massage (all I can say is WOW) then went to a local, organic resaurant for a chicken /pesto sandwich and walked back. Not terribly exerting but tomorrow is skating and dance class so I am hoping I have the energy to do both:)

• ruthbru
    edited November 2011

Oh....the hot stone massage sounds wonderful!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited November 2011

CorinneM1, yes, it is the Disney Princess half-marathon so I will be rooting my boss and some other friends on but I'll do the 5K the day before.  No way I'll be ready for it 2012 but maybe with you and your sis in 2013...

artsee, yes you can walk, a little bit, but they insist you not slip below a 16 min mile, I guess so they can have all the runners finish before the parks open.  The 5K just runs through Epcot but the half-marathon goes from Epcot, up into Magic Kingdom, through the castle and around back down into Epcot.  Anyone want to check them out (they do in Disneyland also, go to the runDisney.com website for dates and locations.

orangemat, I think the TinkerBell race might be there in January.

artsee, yes, I've been flying around.  Did a lot of travelling in 2011.  Even my boss said to me today 'you gotta be broke by now' LOL - and she's right!

So I need to get back to my Leslie Sansone tapes because at least that will give me a 15 min mile walking so then when I run I should go faster, right?

Night all.

• orangemat
    edited November 2011

patoo: It's not the Tinkerbell, it's the Disney World Marathon that's in January, which is why I'll be there!

Though I'd still do a 5k in NJ in February if anyone wanted the company, jus' sayin'....

• patoo
    edited November 2011

orangemat, not sure where there might be 5K in NJ in February.  Cold, snow, ice - Nah!  But if you want to do one later in the year in NJ, let me know.

• orangemat
    edited November 2011

My town actually hosts a 5k on January 1st, and it was pretty much the first race I'd ever run this past New Year's. It's called the 1st Day 5k.

• patoo
    edited November 2011

orangemat, are you doing it again 2012?  I might be game. (and that's my birthday!)

• orangemat
    edited November 2011
    I think I might be coerced... especially if it's a birthday race! Smile
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2011

and if it's a birthday race there has to be cake at the finish lineLaughing  Patoo come to Disneyland and hang out with me.

Tonight 4 of us from my gym drove 40 miles in peak hour traffic to go to a Body Jam class at our sister gym in Pasadena and it was well worth the drive lots of fun and laughter and a great workout thrown into the mix.

• artsee
    edited November 2011

Speaking of birthdays...I'm having 13 of my family over for dinner today for hubby and sons birthday. Making braised short ribs. Good comfort food on a frosty day. (hope the sprinkler system is ok yet)

Patoo....I guess I'll have to start running with my walk. Decided since my son is doing the 26 miler I could show him Mom's still got a little get up and go. The neat part is that at the end of the marathon you run through " The Green Bay Packer stadium" to the finish line. Very Cool. Maybe I"d rather run through 'Cinderellas Castle" at the end.Smile My friend has been doing the Disney one for years..every year.

Sandee...you sure had a very 'healthy' day. Now had you walked to Mc Donalds I would of had to

make you sit in a corner and have you think about what you did. :) Reminds me of my pre cancer days. My walk would be to the 'Dairy Queen" and then back. Boy I was so bad, bad, bad.

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2011

Got a 20 mile bike ride in yesterday. Am really enjoying being back on the bike, so much so that I decided to enter a ride tomorrow (Note: Keyword here is "ride" not "race"). There's a century ride a couple hours north, but they also have 35 and 50 mile routes . . . ithcin' for the 50, but gonna take on the 35. These rides have rest stops every 10-12 miles with food and drink and bike repair and also a sag wagon that will take you back if you can't make it. Figure I'll be in good hands. Rain coming our way though so I hope it doesn't put a damper on things.

Sarah: I started riding about 5 yrs ago. Started out as just part of a triathlon, but I found out I really liked it and discovered some great bike events. Biking was also something I was able to do through much of my treatment. I did have to take a break at one point though and it was a little awkward the first time I got back in the saddle, but it just took a few rides to get the kinks out.

Springtime: I do love Lebed, do it most every day. Started cuz of LE, but find so many benefits. I can't use compression because I have reverse effects so this is one of the few tools I have. I also do it on an exercise ball and get a little bouncing in at the same time, I hear that's also good for the lymph system. Oh, and did I mention I do it in front of the TV :-)

Patoo: You and your son are going to have a blast!

Cheryl: Great hearing about how much fun you have at all your classes.

Kudos to all the runners out there!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited November 2011

Marie-

I think it depends on whether or not you have drains.  I didn't have drains and was able to go back to work on a Monday when my surgery was the Friday before.  If I would have had a drain, I would have stayed at home until it was removed.

• CorinneM1
    edited November 2011

I am cleaning for the cleaning ladies today--so that is my workout today. :)

Tomorrow is the Hot Chocolate race!  I am really jazzed for this.  I am starting to understand the "runner high".  One more November, on Thanksgiving, and then I think that will be the last one for the year for me.  I will see if I can pick it back up in the Spring.

Patoo--and orangemat, is this your first Disney race?  Do they have special rates for racers who extend the race into a vacation? Curious if there are any other discounts.  I am interested in doing a Disney 1/2 marathon but wondering the best way to make a vacation out of it for the family (I have a 10 year old and a 7 year old)

• patoo
    edited November 2011

CorinneM1, my boss, her DD, age 14, and another adult will share a room (Disney hotel) for 3 nights and with 3 x 3-day park-hopper passes the total is only a little over $1200.00.  That is an absolutely amazing price as the posted room prices are $200./pp/night at a Disney hotel.   They do give 'special' pricing through the runDisney website and I don't think they care how long you extend it.  And guess what, they didn't even ask about running the race, which we hadn't booked yet.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2011

I want to go back to DisneyWorld, but I do not want to run in a race. I could be a cheerleader though!

• artsee
    edited November 2011

GO TEAM GO !!!

• orangemat
    edited November 2011

Oh, we haven't even booked our flights, let alone a place to stay yet... after all, I figured I had to defer the marathon (if not drop out completely) up until the second opinion PS appointment that I had a week ago Monday. Then we had my nephew's bar mitzvah, amidst the Snowtober and all the power outages... so I'm literally just coming up to air about this whole marathon thing now. Oh, but first we have my husband's marathon on Sunday in NYC...

Heh, can you tell I don't do well with planning ahead??

I decided I would do my long run today instead of tomorrow, especially since I wasn't in the mood for yoga class today. So 18.2 miles in the park in 3:03:03. I like the symmetry of the numbers.

• CorinneM1
    edited November 2011

Orangemat!?!--that is awesome!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited November 2011

I would come to cheerlead also!!!

Finally go back to my Wii Fit and totally loved it again!!!  So today 40 minutes on Wii fit and 50 minute walk..

Cold here, but looking forward to a little sunshine this weekend .... always makes you want to get the last of 'summer' cleaned up outside!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2011

Seems we have similar plans Mary Louise, tidy up outside a bit before the sn*w flies.

Got in a lovely walk this afternoon. I admire all of you runners and will cheer you on too!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2011

35 minutes Hard Core Fushion and 10 minutes of thighs. Our yard, which has been raked numerous times, is buried in leaves......so that will be on the agenda again here too.

Hoy Cow, orangemat, 18.2 miles....amazing!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited November 2011

Quiche, enjoy your ride! Jealous. Too cold and wet here to ride. How long (as in time) will you be cycling when you do 35 miles? I've never done anything like that...

45 on the elliptical today and 30 yoga stretches.

Is Lebed on YouTube or anything where I could get a feel for what it is? 

• Sandeeonherown
    edited November 2011

Ruth - I had never had a hot stone massage...I think I am a fan!

Artsee- not to worry. Macdonalds and the like have never been of any inerest...though a good cheesecake restaurant would have put me in the corner!

Went to African dance tonight...1 hour and 40 minutes and came home and cooked a skinless chicken breast and had a salad with it...how is that for good:)?

orangemat and other marathoners. - Youblow my mind. I have only the deepest admiration for anyone ever who runs a marathon of any kind....WoW!