Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited November 2011

Skinless chicken breast and a salad? You should be dropping #'s like crazy very soon. That is more that GOOD.

I have to confess...crispy skin is my favorite part of the chicken. Now that is really BAD.

Off for my walk....I'm gaining just thinking about it.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2011

I finally am getting some energy back and this morning I did zumba cardio party and zumba tone and sculpt.......... The weather is beautiful hear so I plan on a long walk tomorrow. I can do this!!!! I lost alot of weight from diagnosis through chemo, and am at my ideal weight, but have NO muscle. Any suggestions for a resistance program that I can ease in to? Still trying to heal from 8 rounds of AC/T. Thanks ladies and thanks for your encouragement!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited November 2011

Did the 5K Hot Chocolate Race in Chicago.  That was amazing!  A lot of fun and the chocolate fondue at the end was really good too. They also do Hot Chocolate runs in D.C., Denver, Dallas, San Diego and San Franciso. 

Waiting for the results.  I am hoping I made better time than last week.  My body is sore now, so I am hoping that I did as last week I didn't hurt at all afterwards.  

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2011

Congratulations Corinne glad you enjoyed the run and I know what you mean about the runners high, hard to explain it to people but it's real. Sandee I love any kind of massage and hot stones are wonderful. Quiche hope you are getting your ride in today as we are supposed to be getting more rain tomorrow hence I shan't wash my absolutely filthy car, made even more filthy by the rain we had yesterday and boy was it cold here this morning brrrrrrr. Oh artsee shhhh I also love Dairy Queen. MaryLouise enjoy the last of the good weather and glad you've dusted off your Wii. Ruth & Badger I'll join you in the cheerleading section, I think we'd be fabulous at it cause we're good talkers, and isn't cheering just like talking only louderSmile. Just found out today that this sweet little cat that I have been nurturing for the last 2 months and spent $250 on at the vet yesterday actually has a home but apparently she's 1 of 3 outside cats that just have food thrown at them, she was hit by a car on thursday but thankfully must have rolled underneath it anyways too bad so sad she thinks I'm her momma now.

Did my Body Combat class this morning, funny the cold kept away a lot of people as class was only half full.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited November 2011

Beautiful day here today but I only got in some shop and sculpt and then packed up some stuff in the garage and ran it over to Goodwill.  Going down now to the treadmill for a bit and then pack up more stuff to also go to Goodwill.   Later friends.

Oh yeah, congrats CorinneM1 on your 5K.  I'm jealous because you took the idea and ran with it and I'm back here still procrastinating.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2011

nice here too!  I got in a 5-mile walk & did some yard work. 

congrats Corinne!

• patoo
    edited November 2011

Only got in 20 mons walk/run on treadmill then packed a little more for Goodwill.  Going now to vacuum and clean the kitchen. 

Night friends.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,849
    edited November 2011

Beautiful day here also! Ran errands this morning, then went to park to fast walk/run 2 plus miles. I even wore a light fleece jacket.

Congratulations Corinne!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2011

Yay Corinne! Did you find out your race results yet? I tried to find them myself, but there were several Corinnes listed in the results.

• patoo
    edited November 2011

Well did the vacuuming  but the kitchen has to wait until tomorrow as I'm beat.  Supposed to be nice here tomorrow so I think I'll follow Wonderland and go to the park and walk/run, after church.

Now just going to relax with a book.  Night friends.

• CorinneM1
    edited November 2011

I did see the results.  It stated that I finished in 39 min.  BUT this is not correct.  On the Ram racing Facebook page they stated that the results will be reposted soon. They had to reroute the course at the last min bc a truck got stuck in an underpass which was on the race route.  So the new course was longer than 5K and they are trying to redo everyone's time to accommodate for the longer course. So...I will be less that 39 min--which is good, but I don't think it will shave down more than a min of my time.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,526
    edited November 2011

misswim, I did my toning DVDs; first without any weights at all, then with soup cans, then really light weights and worked my way slowly back up to normal. Also, I varied my DVDs; working different parts of the body different days.

Congrats to Corinne, no matter what the time turns out to be!

Cheryl, glad you are being the little cat's mother and that she is O.K. Yes, we would be enthusiastic LOUD cheerleaders, but no cartwheels, please!

Mild, but extremely windy day here (windy as in the birds were flying sideways!), went for a long walk anyway as 'rain possibly mixed with snow' is predicted for tomorrow.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited November 2011

It was cold today but sunny, and we cycled! 50 minutes. The leaves are starting to change and it is beautiful out there!

Chocolate Race??? Go Corrine!!  

• CorinneM1
    edited November 2011

Morning all.  Anyone else not take advantage of the extra hour of sleep since the clocks were turned back last night?  I was up at 4:30.  Only to see that it was 3:30...and can't get back to sleep. 

Plan on taking the day off from working out today, but will take the dog for a couple of walks later.  The husband is considering staining the deck today too.  So if this happens, this will be my activity later.

Tomorrow I will do another run in the morning.  I am running 3-4x a week, but should do something on the non running days. 

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!

• artsee
    edited November 2011

I was up at 6 only to realize it was only 5. I'm glad I did because this is what I was able to capture.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2011

Nice!  I'm going to use my extra hour to meditate and do morning yoga.  Namaste!

• misswim
    edited November 2011

Full 50 mins of Firm Hard Core Fusion but with 3 and  5 pound weights. I used to do it with 8's and 10's pre-BC, but my upper body composition has changed so much since surgery that I didn't dare try to go full bore. Feels good to get my heart pumping! Will go out for a walk later today when it warms up!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited November 2011

Glad to hear everyone is so active and setting such great goals !  I think I have found a way out of my exercise slump.  There is a channel on my Roku called "Gymbox".  It has about 12 different catagories of exercise with many exercise videos in each catagory.  It's  $11 a month.  I'm gonna cancel my gym membership for now because I can't work their schedule into mine and use "gym box".My goal is either go on a long walk with my hubby or do one "gymbox" each day as long as I am home by 8 pm.  So far... Friday one "Gymbox" and Saturday one long walk.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2011

Beautiful sunrise. Thank you, artsee.

Used the 'extra' hour to get my exercise out of the way. Did a FIRM workout of interval training called Get Chisel'd....now I can goof off for the rest of the day! Cool

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,849
    edited November 2011

Glad to see everyone using their extra hour so wisely. I, on the other hand, enjoyed an extra hour of sleep. Smile

Beautiful picture Artsee!

Like your exercise plan, JFV.

Dh and I walked in the 3 mile CROP walk today. It's a hunger walk. Absolutely gorgeous weather: Carolina blue sky, 64 degrees. We walked/ran really fast and it felt great. So, I almost did a 5K.

• patoo
    edited November 2011

Gorgeous sunrise.  Thanks for taking and sharing artsee.

Got out for a walk/run this afternoon.  Did a little over 3 miles.  Stopped in at B&N and leafed through a Runners World magazine.  It is really hard, at least at this point when you are just starting, and at my age, but I'm going to keep pushing and see how far I get.  I think part of my training has to be to strengthen my legs and lungs.

• artsee
    edited November 2011

Thanks guys...needed to share that with you. I being a painter....have to admit God is the greatest painter of all.

Badger....Namaste!

• misswim
    edited November 2011

Already feeling sore from the weight bearing excercise I did this morning, so did 40 mins of Vinyasa Flow yoga. OM........feeling very peaceful and ready for bed!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2011

It is so dark, cold and windy here that I feel ready for bed too!!

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2011

Got my ride in this weekend. 35 miles at the Solvang Prelude.Nice easy ride (meaning no BIG hills). Beautiful scenery, lots of rolling hills, wineries and ranches. It felt good to be "back on the road" again. And the sound of everyone clipping in at the start . . . ahhh, I had forgotten, music to my ears.

Springtime: It took me just under 3 hours. I'm no speed racer, but the beauty of these rides is that you don't have to be fast, just gotta have fun. It's not competitive, they don't even keep time. You should check one out. I'll bet you'd love it! There's so much support and camaraderie. Here's a link I use to find events: http://www.bikeride.com/ (P.S. keyword  to look for is "ride", not "race")

Also, there is a Lebed series on YouTube. Here's a link to the first one: Healthy-Steps - Lebed Method Lymphatic Breathing Exercise Part I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2luK4JRAbo&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLA7581FC4F987C837

Cheryl: We managed to dodge the rain, but it was brrrrrr. Low 40's at the start. Nice having the rain yesterday though. I took the day off and cozied up.

Artsee: Stunning sunrise! When I first looked at the horizon it looked like the landscape of AZ or NM then I realized those were prob rooflines. ha! Funny how we see things sometimes.

Thoughts for today: Lebed, arm weights and an hour on the treadmill. That's what's in my head, now if my body will just cooperate.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited November 2011

Quiche, I love you. Thanks for the references!!! I found a "make room for Turkey" ride that is 25 miles. I have to talk to DH and see if he wants to try it. The site is excellent! I didn't know such a think existed!

Also thanks for the Lebed pointers on YouTube. I watched one about blowing bubbles and will watch more later.

My challenge this week: I am away from home so I don't have my bike, elliptical or yoga classes. I am bound and determined to do *something* 30 minutes a day. Walking or floor exercises. Typically I come here and do nothing all week, plus eat wrong, and I feel like super slug at the end of the week! No more!  

• artsee
    edited November 2011

quiche...We are up higher than the neighbors behind us, so yes they are roof lines. They aren't close to us so we see the whole view.

Making low cal quiche this morning for a brunch for old high school buddies. Then I'll walk when they are gone.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2011

Hi Group - hanging in here after surgery.  This one hit me harder than I thought it would, so I've been doing a little walking, not much more.  I'm back at work with a drain still attached which is always interesting.  And of course the worst part is that I'll be on physical restrictions for weeks again!

Great to hear how active everyone is - I can't wait to get back into the swing of things.  Even if I can't do much else, I'll should be cleared to walk as much as I want.  My post-op appointment is Thursday afternoon (coincidentally I also have my routine 6 month med onc appointment that morning) so hopefully the drain will be pulled that day.

LOL on the 13 drains at the same time - that would be truly something to see, wouldn't it?  Surprised No, this is just a single drain - but it's the 13th one I've had. DH could have a second career as a professional drain stripper!  

• CorinneM1
    edited November 2011

Good to hear from you NatsFan.  I just snorted/laughed in my cube with the visual of 13 drains in my head. 

Okay, new posting is up.  Still did the Hot Chocolate race in 12 min miles, but lower with the readjusted pace.  So I did it in 37.30 vs. 39 min.

Took yesterday off and ran again today.  Still at 2:30 run/1 min walk.  I am going to try to get this to 3 min run, 1 min walk by Thanksgiving.

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited November 2011

Yoga on Saturday, 4 mile beach walk yesterday, and headed to Zumba at the Y in just a bit.  I think I'm starting to see a difference.....not losing weight, but hot flashes seem to be a little less frequent and I'm not feeling as flat and depressed......