Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,849
    edited November 2011

quiche: Your bike ride sounds beautiful.

Spring: Love your challenge for the week. You can do it!

Mary: May your recovery continue to be smooth for you.

Corinne: Great time!

Romansma: So glad your hard work is paying off for you!

Fast walked/ran 2 plus miles at the park tonight. I actually ran more tonight than I usually do. Felt good!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,526
    edited November 2011

45 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes of toning with Richard Simmons. Boo Hoo, the sun is going down by the time I get home from work!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2011

artsee- I should be very skinny with how good I am but alas...not happening...not sur what I need to change to make it happen....not be on these meds?

Natsfan- do what you can and recover. 13th drain....I canot imagine. Sending you extremely gentle hugs!

Corrine- 39 or 390 minutes..you ran a marathon....totally awesome!

Springtime- good for you for trying to sort out exercize while you are away. deciding to do it is half the battle.

I have put my gym bag in the car and when I start to feel bored at work tomorrow (since I quit one of my two jobs) I will go to the gym! I am sooo not used to doing one thing at a time that when I have only one thing at work, I have no idea what to d wih myself...so...I will walk next door, run on the treadmill and see what comes of it

patoo- I think cleaning out closets etc. counts as exercize!....

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2011

Nothing for me today, every muscle in my body hurts from the firm and yoga yesterday. Just set the alarm for early wake up to do Firm Cardio Party. I am so happy to be exercising :) I have to remind myself I am still healing from chemo and not push it.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited November 2011

I walked 30 minutes today over lunch. YAY!! One day down....

• ruthbru
    edited November 2011
    misswim, we do the same FIRM DVDs. I love Cardio Dance Party!  Say hello to the FIRM girls in the morning for me!
  • misswim
    edited November 2011

Ruthbru, I just ordered the new "Express" Firm workouts as we get so much snow here that I have to exercise inside. Pre- BC, I was doing P90X and Insanity........ and this body is NOT ready for that yet. I love the Firm girls, and they work!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2011

Did Body Step class yesterday and then helped friend pack up her deceased companions house, oh my it has made me realize "get your house in order" I'm not kidding he had enough soap to clean the world and toothpaste he could have given the Colgate Palmolive warehouse a run for their money I then went and had a wonderful massage which of course made the pain in my back come to the forefront so I actually took a night off from the gym tonight and I'm sitting on a heating pad.

Artsee what a beautiful sunrise you captured. Quiche the Solvang area is beautiful so I can imagine it was lovely to ride and boy was it cold on Saturday morning. JFV what's Roku? Patoo to strengthen your lungs it's cardio cardio cardio (hmmmm I see an elliptical machine in your futureSmile ) Springtime get yourself some bands you can do a ton of exercises with them, bicep curls, triceps, you can do inner/outer thighs and they roll up to nothing in your suitcase. (((Mary))) hope you get to have an easy week, ps: Mikey is probably appreciating not being dragged out of bed for a walk on these cold mornings. Romansma good on you, exercise does help when you feel blue. misswim - party party in the morning, have fun and get ready PX902 is coming out soon. Sandee I should also be a size 6 with all I do but alas no, she says as she's eating a chocolate biscuitWink  Ah Ruth but the mornings are now light!!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2011

Got in a lovely lunchtime walk yesterday as it may be one of the last nice days this fall.  Went to James Madison Park and strolled along the lakefront.  I was shadowed by a pair of mallards so people must feed the birds there.  The water was calm and clear enough that I could see their feet paddling away as they serenely glided along.  Raining today so I'll walk inside the Capitol.

• misswim
    edited November 2011

Had one of those bad nights where I had "cancer" dreams- I am sure you ladies have all had one of those, so I woke a little late. I love the Firm DVD's because they have an express option - so I did 30 minutes of Cardio Overdrive and I'll do another DVD with Express option tonight after PT if I have the energy. Ruthbru- I told the girls hello!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited November 2011

misswim Hang in there !  It is horrible when cancer invades every inch of your life.  I am sending you a promise that it will get better.  I was a total basket case obsessive cancer worrier for a long long time.  Finally, time has begun to heal me.  You WILL get relief.

hbcheryl Roku is a little box I have attached to my ancient TV.  It was originally for streaming "Netflix".  Now it streams a number of free internet based TV programs and some paid programs. So, I found the "gymbox" that way.

Sunday was yoga and a walk, Monday was 1/2 hour of weights for arms and backs and 15 minutes of abs ( I couldn't manage the entire abs program )  So far today I just stretched.  Meantime my weight is skyrocketing.  ACK ! 

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited November 2011

I excercise about an hour a day on my stationary bicycle, with moderate resistance. I break it up into 3, 20 minute segments. Of course this schedule changes when dr. appts. or babysitting committments interfere. I can say that I never excercise less than 40 minutes per day. Hoping my upcoming lumpectomy does not set me back much. I have lost about 5 lbs. since starting this regimin 2 months ago.

• Unknown
    edited November 2011

Yorkiemom (BTW, your dog is a cutie!) - my lumpectomies only kept me out of the game for a couple of days - maybe 3 days the time I had a SNB w/lumpectomy. So hopefully you'll be back on your bike w/i a week! Congrats on the weight loss!

Sarah 

• Springtime
    edited November 2011

35 minute walk over lunch! Another day of fitting in exercise when I never did before in this situation! yay!

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited November 2011

Good job everyone.....keep it up!

• misswim
    edited November 2011

45 Minutes of PT had me so relaxed that I can't motivate to do another work out today. But I will do so in the morning. My first onc follow up post chemo tomorrow. My blood work looks good, just getting the tamoxifen scrip and planning zometa treatments. I think tommorow will be Cardio Party, since it did not happen today!

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited November 2011
    SAO, thanks for that encouraging info! I just love my exercise routine now and don't want to miss out on it. My doggie says thanks too!Smile
  • wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,849
    edited November 2011

Good evening all and welcome to new ladies here.

Another absolutely beautiful day. Highs in the mid 70s. Blue, blue sky. Went to the park for my usual walk/run. Felt so good.

Badger: love the mallard story!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2011

30 minutes of pump today...had no energy..took my Bp and it was 112/65. Hello! no wonder I was pooped!!!!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited November 2011

So glad to hear all the positive progress everyone is making.  A few stretches and a walk for me today don't know how long.  Hubby and I walked to the center of town to vote.  Nasty sinus headache ugh !

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited November 2011

I taught zumba this morning, but my cold is still lingering making it hard to catch my breath during the hour long dance party, but it was fun :O)

• ruthbru
    edited November 2011

Hi, had a dentist appointment after work; my regular gal was home sick and I believe the substitute had 'Attila the Hygenist' on her name tag. Youch!! Came home, walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes and then was off to my Book Club.

Welcome, Yorkie!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2011

good morning all, got in my noon walk yesterday at the Capitol.  Lunch date today so no walk but yoga class tonight so will (try to) eat light - we're lunching at an Irish pub.  Alas no beer for me!

• misswim
    edited November 2011

30 minute Hard Core Fusion express this morning. Will do some yoga tonight. Good job all, and thanks for the motivation!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2011

Good morning all! Ran at the track last night, the last organized workout for the season. Speed workouts are intimidating to me because... well, because I have no speed! But I did the workout and am happy that I felt pretty good throughout. It's good to challenge oneself and push those outer limits just a bit every so often. 6.11 miles in total for the evening, and yoga class was in the morning. It was a good day. :)

Oh and I had my appointment with the LE therapist yesterday as well. Turns out I do NOT have truncal LE... it's just back fat... well isn't that comforting! Actually, she confirmed to me that I do have a neuroma situation in my side ribs caused by nerves getting stuck in the scar tissue around the implant. Boy was my head zinging back and forth as she gently massaged the whole area, wow! So even though I'm still going to continue my 2x/week with my regular PT, I'll be seeing her once a week as well, and if nothing else, she'll help me use kineso tape to lift and support the too-heavy breast to minimize my discomfort until I have the revision in March sometime. There's no guarantee that replacing the implant with a smaller one will completely get rid of my symptoms, but at least I'll have better symmetry and the aesthetic results I want. She was surprised that my PS never instructed me to do any self-massage, and I guess that's why all that internal scar tissue formed. I remember reading in the materials he gave me that massage is necessary to keep the implant from sitting too high... considering I've bottomed out through the Alloderm, he didn't think it needed any encouragement to be lower. Sheesh!

• Springtime
    edited November 2011

Ruthbru, time for a new hygenist!? Yowza!! 

Plan to walk over lunch again today. Now I've said it here, I have to do it!! 

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited November 2011

Just saying hi, miss y'all, hope all is well with all my old buddies!  Big hugs, everyone! 

• Dukes_Up
    Dukes_Up Member Posts: 112
    edited November 2011

Good Morning Ladies~

Hope it's OK to join you all here!   I posted a question in a less active thread; hoping to get a better response here with all of you active ladies! 

Question:  Did any of you have a PS who restricted ALL exercise that raises the heartrate until beyond final exchange?  I am 2 weeks out from a BMX with TEs-- had my first fill yesterday.  PS wasn't even fond of me taking a leisurely walk through the neighborhood.  As a fitness professional, I'm naturally having a difficult time with this.  I have nearly complete range of motion and feel ready to get my blood pumping again!   Is this a typical PS response?  Or perhaps I just have a very conservative PS with regard to exercise? 

Thanks for any insight you might share.  I'm going batty without my daily dose of activity!

~ AJ

• rabbit
    rabbit Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2011

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, I haven't been on this thread in a while. I am now on taxol, the docetaxel all but killed me....feeling much better, just some bone pain and lots of tiredness, but no nausea and very little upper GI problems, feet still peeling but that's nothing compared to what I was going through, so I am getting a 30 minute walk in every day or two :) 

Miss you all and just wanted to say hello and send my love to everyone!  

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited November 2011

Morning Dukes Up and welcome.

My PS didn't restrict activity.  My BS restricted activity for a few weeks following my BMX, and my PS restricted activity for 1 week following my exchange.  I have seen 4-5 weeks for both post BMX and exchange here.  Yours does sound more conservative, but I would ask him to define what a active is in his/her book. Is a 1 mile walk too active?  4 blocks? 

Ran in the rain this morning.  In your face rain!  30 min at a 3min run/1 min walk pace. I was really cold and drenched when I got home, but that made the steamer shower feel wonderful.