Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2011
    Body Combat class tonight and boy did I need it, had a horribly frustrating day at work and got to work out all my agression.  Ruth what's this concept of "clean house" Hannahs home from college, boots and shoes all over the living room floor, pillows, blankets and x-box and controllers everywhere, kids in and out the front door - perfect Smile
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2011

good morning everyone, did a brisk walk around the Capitol at noon yesterday which put me over 1,800 miles walked woo-hoo!  Meeting some friends for lunch, so if it's not too cold I will take my walk after work.  The place we're going for lunch makes mmm-mmm good chicken pot pie served with a side of warm homemade applesauce.  Geez Louise, I can hardly wait for noon LOL!

• Banba
    Banba Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2011

Taebo, yoga with Roney Yee and walking yesterday.

Running gals! You make me want to go back to jogging. If it only stopped raining...

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2011

3 mile walk /jog with Leslie Sansone. Too sore from the sadistic Bob Harper dvd I did yesterday to do much else. Will do 1/2 of pilates tonight.

I found a great web station- www.gaiamtv.com- for $9.95 amonth you have unlimited access to hundreds of fitness DVD's including Leslie Sansone, The Firm, Winsor Pilates, and many others. I am excited about it. Also have health documentaries and interesting programs about health and clean living!

Have a great day all!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited November 2011

Okay ladies exercise for this week.Catch one or two of these guys.Tongue out Happy Thanksgiving.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2011

Yay, Jenn! Yes, you have to start somewhere, and 15 minutes is an EXCELLENT start. First time I ever ran, I got on the treadmill, set it for 4mph and tried to keep jogging the entire time. I made it; my very first mile! It wasn't much, and it certainly wasn't fast (that's the pace that people WALK a mile), but it was my major accomplishment, and I started from there.

For all those aspiring runners, you do know about the Couch to 5k program, yes? Absolutely the best way to start to run... oh, and Banba, rain is not a deterrent... just wear a hat!

Cheryl, my son's home from college as well, so I know the mess of which you speak. They'll go back soon enough....

Since I bagged yoga class yesterday, I'm trying to figure out how to fit it in today... along with the 6 mile run that's on my schedule as well as PT. Maybe I can get a reprive from PT, or even reschedule for Friday? This joint pain in my right elbow is still bothering me, so I certainly will skip the biceps curls today; feels too much like a repetitive motion injury (i.e. tendinitis) in the making.

Happy Wednesday to all!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited November 2011

Morning all!  Back to running, ran for 40 min today and will be doing a 5K Turkey Trot tomorrow. 

Jenn, this is an excellent start.  I just started running in Oct and I have been able to do 3 5Ks since then.  Its true what the experienced runners say--you start out slowly and then before you know it you are running a mile, 2 miles, 3, a 5K, a half marathon etc.  Its amazing how quickly your body can adapt and it becomes easy after a few weeks.  Consistency is the key.  You need to do it at least 3x a week.  I was off one week and it was hard the first time back.

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited November 2011

YAY JENN !!!!!!!!!!!

Half hour walk with Hubby Monday night.  Did nothing on Tuesday.  Started with 10 minutes on the stationery bike this a.m..  Have decided to set a goal of many small exercise moments this week.  I am finding the stress of trying to work two jobs, keep the house going planning for the holidays and exercise alot is actually backfiring.  Found myself sitting on the sofa last night eating donuts and having a pity party.   

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited November 2011

Ladies I am so far behind I will try to go back and read.  I had a great time at Casting for Recovery and would recommend you to send in your application.  Even if you don't take up fly fishing it is fun learning and the weekend is free if you get picked.  I have been on a mission getting a 2nd and 3rd PS opinion regarding my reconstruction.  I finally met with the 3rd one yesterday and he totally disagreeded with his partner PS #1.  PS#3 feels that even though I have radiated tissue that he will be succuessful in using implants on me and thought that my stomach was great and I should not mess it up by gaining weight and having a DEIP.  I have not been exercising as much because of trying to gain weight per PS#1.  So PS#3 said he wants me back at exercising and doing yoga plus I am in PT 2 days a week for my pec muscle which has greatly improved.  I am doing another 6 weeks so I should have full range of motion back by then. I have been walking the last couple of days and have 2 days of yoga lined up for next week. I feel so much better with this decision even though I will not have it done until March because of my bosses work schedule but I am good with that.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone

• misswim
    edited November 2011

25 mins of pilates...... My body is really sore, so I am officially taking tomorrow off!

Happy thanksgiving all!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,522
    edited November 2011

Stopping by for one minute......my brother and family, who were supposed to arrive here tomorrow about 11:00, are showing up any moment. He always does this, and it always drives me crazy!!! Since all my menus revolve around turkey and left-over turkey, I wonder what we will be eating tonight!!! I have three pieces of pizza, some squash and some muffins that are not 'Thanksgiving Dinner' material. ARGH!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for you all!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2011

shovelled the driveway ...all 25 cms deep of it!!!WOW!...now it is raiing..typical halifax but if you don't get out there and do it..it will be super heavy and un-shovellable! Here's hoping the guy my landlord has hired toshovel actually comes and does it all. I just did enough to get my car ou ttomorrow am..and will have to get up at 6:15 to make sure  is actually done and the road clear...so...shovelling is my exercize today...and 50 situps!

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited November 2011

Today, after work, I went to PT and managed to talk her into letting me warm up on the treadmill before working on my arm...  So instead of the 0 minutes after work, today, I ran for 15 minutes before doing all the shoulder stuff.  It was so nice to know that after work, finally, I could get up and run.  Felt good.  If I'd had all the time in the world (that would be better than winning the lottery by a long shot)...I could have run for an hour or more on that treadmill.  It is so nice to be coming back into my own again...

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I will try to start mine off with an ab workout and a nice long run...

• badger
    edited November 2011

hey ladies, had that wonderful lunch today and it was every bit as good as I remembered.  Walked there and back, plus walking around the office, was 5500 steps = 3.2 miles for today.  

mum - thanks, gorgeous pic!

Ruth - I have a brother too and feel your pain.  :-)

Sherry - glad the decision is made and you have a plan.  March will be here before you know it.  Welcome back to exercise.

Sandee - 25 cms is nearly a foot of snow, right?!

Hope my American sisters have a very Happy Thanksgiving!   {{hugs}} to all

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited November 2011

50 minute bike ride in the WIND! It was so hard! LIke riding on a windy beach the "wrong" way!!! But, a very good workout! Cold front comes in tonight, it was good while it lasted!

Happy Thanksgiving!! 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2011

Well I finally got to yoga class this evening. It was a teacher I've taken class with before; actually I was going to his class quite regularly pre-DX. And he knew of all my surgeries, etc. But I guess he forgot tonight... we were in a supine twist and he came over to assist me. I have S/I issues and so twisting is sometimes difficult for me, especially with on my right side. Picture this now, if you will: lying on my back, my left leg straight out and my right leg straight out across my body to the left. He comes over, straddles standing over me, and stands with his foot below my right leg and tells me to push against it in order to anchor my hip... while pressing down on my right shoulder and upper chest! YOWZA!! I seriously saw stars as he pushed down on the edge of my pec muscle, implant, who knows what it was exactly, but damn it hurt!! Needless to say, he stepped away quickly enough while I rolled over to my right in a fetal position and just tried to breathe...

So whose fault was it? The teacher's, for not remembering my condition? Or mine, for not reminding him of it? We trust our teachers and instructors, but they're human too. Needless to say, the poor man was mortified. Eventually I was fine; sort of missed the twist to the other side, as well as the rest of the finishing poses that led into savasana (final relaxation). Being a yoga teacher myself, I understand completely how horrifed he felt. He's sort of a pal, and before I could censor my mouth, I blurted out to him "as a teacher, now that's a lesson that you're not going to quickly forget!" Maybe I've had issues with him having too much hubris in class before and that's why my subconscious lashed out at him like that? Who knows... But I tell ya, it was definitely an adjustment he's going to approach with a lot more caution in the future, regardless of the student.

ETA: Here's the pose I was attempting to do, in case my verbal description was unclear:

• JFV
    edited November 2011

Ruth I saw two of my sisters today.  They are at my parents (thank goodness).  The best part was that they sat beside each other and across the room from me.  While one talked the other rolled her eyes at me.  Then they would switch rolls.  Very funny and very annoying.

Half hour on the Wii step and then my stretches.  Gonna try for alot of exercise tomorrow.  My cooking is done and I want to be relaxed and happy before the next eye roll-a-thon begins. 

• CLC
    edited November 2011

oooh...orangemat...I am sorry...and I am so glad you are okay.  I always get scared at moments like that...more than the pain, I feel the fear.  I imagine that he won't quickly forget today's lesson... 

I hope that you have a great thanksgiving and that you continue to feel good...

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2011

Worked on my arms today. Did my Lebed with #2 wrist weights and then picked up my #5 weights for the first time since bc. Only did 20 reps, but along the lines of a recent theme "gotta start somewhere". (Orangemat: That made me hurt, glad you're ok)

Happy Thanksgiving to all that will be celebrating tomorrow. When I count my blessings you all will be on my mind. Love and hugs.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2011

Another rockin' Body Combat class tonight and tomorrow I'm going to do an early morning extended Spin class because I plan to eat BIG, Prime Rib and Lamb for me, yummmmm.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I'm thankful for BCO for without it I wouldn't have come to know some amazing, wonderful women, that means you - each and every one of you.

• Kimberly1961
    Kimberly1961 Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2011

Orangemat - I think your verbal response actually showed a lot of restraint, considering.

1280 steps for me yesterday. All those errands did not add up to as much as I had hoped. Will be dancing around the house as much as possible on Thanksgiving and try to make up for it.

Ruth - You must be a great hostess that they always come early!!

• ginger_mea
    ginger_mea Member Posts: 135
    edited November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving All!

• misswim
    edited November 2011

It's my first vegan thanksgiving! Started the day off with 45 of Turbo Fire kickboxing- serious calorie burner. About to do a 15 minute pilates program. i am loving this online exercise site I found.

Thank you all so much for your support and motivation! I am thankful for all of you! Have a GREAT holiday!

• JFV
    edited November 2011

Half hour of Wii step while I watched the Tday parade.  Happy Thanksgiving to all !

• quiche
    quiche Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2011

Snuck in a 1/2 hour on the treadmill before all the chaos breaks loose! Gobble, gobble . . . just realized that has a double meaning today :-)

• CLC
    edited November 2011

I never caught that double meaning...that's pretty good!

Ran for 35 minutes, did my ab workout and some weights... 

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

• Banba
    Banba Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2011

Happy thanksgiving America!

2 happy hours Sivananda yoga/pranayama/yoga nidra at the local oncology ward. These classes are exclusively for cancer patients/survivers and part of a research project looking at how yoga affects general health and recovery. Very happy(and bendy)tonight!

• badger
    edited November 2011

hi ladies, got out for an hour walk this afternoon, very thankful for all the blessings in my life!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited November 2011

45 minute walk w/ DD and DH after too much food! Then there was pie..... Biking tomorrow!

Tofurkey was great. Tried a crock pot recipe! 

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited November 2011

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving . We all have so much to be thankful for. I for one am thankful to be here.

I ate so much today I literally feel sick. I didn't do one stitch of exercise so I feel really guilty.

Shame on me. Tomorrow I will do double duty.