Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2011

CLC- I found out two years ago that I was B-12 deficient; I was so wiped out that i could barely make it through a school day and was climbing back into bed. Now I get a shot once a month and am much better. I also was vitamin D deficient...did they check that one for you? I was dealing with malabsorption issues so the B-12 has to be an injection and the D has to be drops. You will feel much better when that level comes up. So glad you have an answer that is relatively easy to fix!

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited December 2011

Thanks, Ginger.  My D was low last spring and I have been supplementing it since then.  I think I feel better tonight (I don't feel light headed or dizzy or forgetful like I have been feeling), after having taken a supplement this morning and having had beef (grass fed, organic) tonight for the first time in 5 years.  (It tasted yucky to me, but I will add that in on a semi-regular basis...maybe once a month, with lean turkey meat once a week).

I will try some exercise tomorrow for the first time in a week.  YEAH!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2011

Did a 90 minute spin class ths morning to get rid of the pre tomorrow caloriesTongue out  Corinne be careful doing those burpees I threw my back out doing them.  Sping it's absolutely beautiful here as well, the sun is shining and it's got a nice warm feel to it, mind you it's chilly at night and in the early morning. Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Feliz Navidad and Kwanza.

• CLC
    edited December 2011

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

I am happy to say that the vitamin b12 has hit me with a bang...I feel significantly better today!  I managed a 35 minute run (in the past two weeks, I managed only 40 minutes total of running...so this is a big step up!).  It was a gentle run, but it was a run, nonetheless!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time celebrating the holidays!

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited December 2011

Hi, Everybody!

Happy Holidays to all of you; boy, the newcomers on this thread!  I've been AWOL on my work project that I can see I've really missed a lot of postings.  Hoping the New Year will be less hectic.

Went to Maui from 12/16 through 12/23; am watching the X-Files and also listening to the Hawaiian "12 Days of Christmas".  Quite cute, especially when you watch little ones doing the dance movements associated with the words. 

No exercise whilst in Maui; lots of overeating, but I don't seem to have gained too much weight.  I ran 5 miles today.

And last, but not least, thanks to those of you who gave me well wishes on the results of my left-over breast junk, as I call it.

Hope Everyone is safe and relaxing on this Christmas Eve Day.

HUGS.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited December 2011
    Worked out extra hard before our xmas dinner.ate everything without guilt.Innocent
  • ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited December 2011

Hi everyone, I have not been on this thread or any other in a very long time. Just want to wish my exercise sisters a Joyous Holiday and a Very HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW Year.

Have been to the gym just a few times due to other situations. Trying.

Hugs

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2011

30 mind of Fit Body Yoga this morning. Lots of eating and fun today. Happy holidays to all my exercise sisters!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited December 2011

Happy holidays to all you sculpted ladies. I was juststarting my relaxing yoga this morning and the kids got up. So nothing for me today. Tomorrow will be an extra long run outdoors (yes, orangemat, I have your voice already in my head today, thinking about tomorrow). ;)

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2011

Yesterday - an hour of Yoga. Nice

Today - 50 minute bike ride. COLD!!!

Merry Christmas! 

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    edited December 2011

Yesterday-- 2. 1/2 hours horse back riding...slow but still good!!!  Today???  am off in about 15 minutes to groom, saddle and ride.  I hope I can make it 3 hours!!!!  yippee

• CLC
    edited December 2011

Yesterday...ab workout...today 30 minute run!  Let's hear it for blood tests and supplementation!!  I am so glad I have found the source of my difficulty.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday...

• CorinneM1
    edited December 2011

Went for an hour run along the lake geneva lakefront. Felt great!

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    edited December 2011

An HOUR run Corrinne??  are you still doing chemo? WOW-- terrific!

And here I thought I was happy posting that I rode, rode hard too, for 3.5 hours....   Good preparation for Chemo tomorrow. Now, I am nicely tired.... later gals

• CLC
    edited December 2011

Corinne...you are inspiring!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited December 2011

WOW  INSPIRING !!!!   I love the energy you are sending out!  Off to the treadmill.  

Balsie 

• bedo
    bedo Member Posts: 1,429
    edited December 2011

One of my best friends Julie lives 2 blocks away and " makes" me walk every day.  I am so glad for that. Left on my own I will do nothing.  Now I'm thinking of adding arm weights when we're done. It's so good to have an exercise partner

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited December 2011

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy Hannukah.  Today I started exercising again.  Not much but I am happy.  1.75 mi walk in 30 minutes.  Need many more to work off all the Christmas cookies.

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited December 2011

Happy holidays to you all!  We had our family holiday (Christmas/Hannukah/Yule) celebration on Saturday (didn't eat that much, surprisingly), spent yesterday on the sofa with a "Mad Men" marathon, and today it was back to the gym.  2.5 mile run/walk, first time in over three weeks!!  I felt so free and wonderful!  Tomorrow is yoga, Wednesday will be another run. 

Oncotype came back last Thursday - 42.  Treatment has changed dramatically; expecting port placement this week, hoping to start chemo next week, working hard to keep myself in shape as long as possible.  I know there is the risk of heart problems with Adromyacin so I want that heart pumping and working hard as long as possible beforehand!

• CorinneM1
    edited December 2011

Q,

Never did chemotherapy. But did start running mid oct. I was told that once you start, it's pretty amazing how quickly your body can adapt to the cardio changes. And they were right. Walking or running, it's a nice break and stress reliever for me.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited December 2011
    Yay Corinne!!
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2011

5 mile mountain hike on Saturday, 3 mile mountain hike on Sunday, 2 mile neighborhood walk yesterday, and good thing we did all that cuz we had lots of eating, drinking and being merry all three days!  Back to the straight and narrow today - 20 minutes Pilates and 15 minutes Lebeds.  Brought my workout gear to hit the treadmill tonight after work. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited December 2011

NancyHB wow sorry your oncoscore came back so high.  Try to stay as active as you can during chemo. 

I went out of town for the weekend and did not exercise at all just ate and ate.  Came home late Sunday night and yesterday did a 3 mile walk.  Now to loose these couple of pounds that I gained from all my eating.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited December 2011

My first moment to breathe.....my family was here thru Christmas Day and went down to South Dakota and spent yesterday with DHs family. Ate like crazy the whole time and am contemplating throwing the leftover goodies into the garbage can to keep them out of my mouth.

Walked with SIL Friday and Sunday afternoon, did 45 minutes of toning after they left Sunday night, and did 30 of pilates and 20 on the treadmill after we got home at 9pm last night. I am fat and tired!!!

Welcome Kindergarten!!! Glad to see you come over to this great thread!

Hello to everyone else. Nancy, at least with a score that high, you KNOW, for sure, that chemo is the right way to go. I had arithromyicin too. I think if you are healthy going in to treatment, you will be able to tolerate the treatment better and be healhty when you come out of it too.

Now I need to start my 'post Christmas to do list'. On top is to call the vet and get three cats scheduled for shots. Does wrestling cats count as exercise?

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited December 2011

Ug - found out this morning that port placement won't occur until January 12.  BUT, let's look on the bright side - that's three more weeks of real strong activity and exercise so that I'm in even BETTER shape once I start chemo.  So - off to yoga tonight, running like crazy tomorrow, and keeping that body moving as much as possible before the Big Day!

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2011

Thank you, Ruth!!!!! You ladies are my inspiration to start the year in a great way. Hubby and I rode 16 miles on our bikes yesterday, of course with a stop or two. My body is aching all over, but I feel good. We are going for a long walk today. thanks everyone!!!! Kathy

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2011

hi all and welcome Kathy.  I am back from vacation and got in a lot of walking.  Wasn't real restful as my mom has become surprisingly frail over the past year and was in the hospital most of the time.  She'll be discharged to a rehab facility and I'm the medical POA so it seems another trip to FL is in my future to get her settled in and find all the insurance policies etc.  My brother who lives out West is the financial POA and we have to figure out how to get bills paid because she does nothing on-line.

As if we needed another reason to exercise, compare my mom and my MIL who are one year apart in age.  Mom just turned 81 and gets no exercise at all.  MIL will be 80 in a few months and walks 30 minutes every day and goes to a "silver sneakers" seniors fitness class a couple times a week.  The difference between the two is incredible!

My MIL is slimmer, more alert, and does a lot more around the house than my mom.  We are confident she is OK living alone.  My mom, not so much, and IMHO exercise is a key factor.

Wow, does that ever make The Voices come in loud & clear!  Happy Holidays and {{hugs}}

• Banba
    Banba Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2011

Happy holidays all,

I feel a bit like my cat tonight, he is(literally)falling asleep sitting in front of his food bowl :) Excercisewise I walked into the woods with a heavy backpack today, moving into this horse farm in a few days and wanted to do a trial walk, no buses the last 2 1/2 k's. Soon I'll be running in those beautiful woods!

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2011

Dear Badger, thank you for the welcome!!!! Hope things go well with your mom!!! I can certainly relate to what you are going through, exercise is great for mentally putting things in order, but you sound like you have everything in control. Have a great week!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited December 2011

Welcome Kathy!

Nancy good way to look at it, you get a little more time to get in even better shape.

Badger my MIL is very active at 82 not that she does exercise but the women never sits down.  She is always cleaning and doing something.  Always has.  Is very alert and takes care of FIL who requires alot of care.  My mother on the other hand is 75 and does not exercise, is overweight, mentally going downhill and has much more health issues than my MIL.  I definitely think exercise and nutrition play a key role.