Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2011

Cool here tonight in CA, but we took  a nice walk after dinner. Walked up a steep hill. That was a challenge for me!!!! He,he,!!!!!  I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year's weekend and again thank you for such a wonderful thread. Thanks again Ruth!!!!! Kathy

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited December 2011

25 minute hike, 15 minutes ab workout...  Good night all...

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited December 2011

Did a ab workout but not much else.  Met some friends for dinner....so I exercise my mouth.  Like on of my third graders told me talking is her hobby.  How cute is that.  

night all

Balsie 

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited December 2011

That is too cute! 

I will be doing a 3 mile run today.  My SIL and I are going to a 10 mile race in May, with the expectation that we will be doing a half marathon in June.  I am starting the Galloway training method today.  Its here if anyone is interested.  http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/half_marathon.html

Galloway is the run/walk method.  Some do 1/1, some do 10/1.  My SIL finished 2 marathons doing 5/1, which we are going to start here and try to go to 7/1. 

This shows that you can be ready for a half marathon in 17 weeks.  Its pretty similar to the couch to 5K program. 

• CLC
    edited December 2011

41 minute run...yes...the "1" counts!!!  (I'll take everything I can!)

Wishing you all a wonderful, wonderful, healthy, happy ACTIVE New Year!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2011

Did Body Combat class this morning and it was one of those classes where I was just "on fire" didn't eat any Wheeties before I went but for some reason I was able to just go "all out".  Yesterday I did the pull down and pack away all the decorations suffle and of course there was the christmas tree needle pick up party, the tree still looked fabulous but there was a forest on the carpet and then in the kitchen and all the way to the curb as we dragged it out so sweeping as well, my goodness it took all day to get the living room back to order.  Ruth to keep up the So Cal enticement, I have just picked roses, they will be the last before I chop everything down for them to rest but I got two big vases filled and the sun is shining.  Misswim so glad your surgery if behind you.

Through BCO I have met some truly amazing and inspirational women,  I would like to wish each and very one of you a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year and don't forget to keep exercisingLaughing

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2011

I've been reading and napping today.  I need a quick walk to clear my head of The Voices.

Happy New Year to my BCO sisters and exercise buddies!  Some thoughts for year's end:

Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep. ~ Carl Sandburg

Here is the world.  Beautiful and terrible things will happen.  Don't be afraid.  ~ Frederick Buechner

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.  ~ Reba McEntire

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  ~ Chinese Proverb

There is more to life than increasing its speed. ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.  ~ Confucius

• balsie
    edited December 2011

Just came back from a nice walk in the beautiful falling snow!  We had plans to go to a party with friends tonight.....actually it was a sleep over,  but you will never believe it , I woke up with pink eye this morning. Went in to urgent care and got some drops and will be staying home for the evening. 

We plan to enjoy the evening just the same~

Be well

Balsie 

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited December 2011

Corinne:  My husband is a *huge* Galloway fan; I bought him the marathon training book for Christmas and he can't put it down!  I have always struggled with continuous long-distance runs; I almost always have to walk a little each mile, so I think I'm in love with Galloway's method, too.  Good luck and keep up the good work!

I was able to get in 2.5 miles today (I had misswim in my pocket as she recovers from her port removal and various other procedures yesterday), then did a little retail therapy - bought two hats and looked at wigs.  Very nice woman at the store; I'll go back on Monday (*after* my run!) and pick up a wig, I think.

Happy New Year to all those who have yet to celebrate - and all those who already have!

Nancy

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2012

I am hearing the voices, hearing them, but can't act on them yet. Sore chest, sore hips, sore, sore , sore! But, my foobs look OUTSTANDING. So I am ok with a little pain.

Hope all had a great NYE! Happy new year to you all!

• balsie
    edited January 2012

Oh missswim~ you need to just rest & recover.  Happy everything went well for you and that you are happy with your outcome.  Good for you! 

Happy New Year to everyone!

Be Well

Balsie 

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2012

Happy to see you posting and love that you love the foobs!

Plan on doing a 30 min run today. Just wanting for my running bra and favorite running socks to get out of the dryer...

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 2012

I heard the voices... I got my LE sleeve on and did 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Happy New Year and on to a healthy 2012!

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Me, too!!! Heard the voices telling me how much food I have consumed between last night and today. Went out for a long walk. I wear a sleeve too, Ginger. It sure helps!!!! Thankful for the voices!!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!! Misswim, hoping for a speedy recovery!!!!!!! Kathy

• CLC
    edited January 2012

Missswim...it is sooooo hard to be patient.  For me, the waiting felt like it was forever and I'd never ever get to exercise again...but I did.  And you will.  Hang in there and rest.  I am so glad you are happy with the new breasts....Life is good...:)

Ran for 25 minutes and walked for 15 today, did ab workout.  For the first time since surgery back in October, I had a week with my goal number of minutes (180 high intensity minutes and 300 total for the week)...I actually went way over on my high intensity minutes...  What a relief to know I can do it!  Of course, Tuesday, back to work and then the fatigue will likely be too much again...but still, what a relief!

Have a wonderful day all!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited January 2012

Hello All! Just crawling out of bed for a few moments; Friday night I came down with a nasty stomach flu and so have spent the last two days drinking 7-Up and eating chicken noodle soup....kind of an extreme way to go on a diet! Frown I should be ready to do something light by tomorrow. Happy New Year!

• KeepingFaith69
    KeepingFaith69 Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2012

Had a walk with my baby yesterday for about an hour.  About to head off on my 6km walk with God.  Will head to the gym with my husband later this evening.

Yay to 2012 - healthy food, exercise, relationships and choices

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2012

Hi everyone.  Been awol for a few weeks and came on to say I will get back to exercising tomorrow (today is my birthday) but you all have made the voices awaken so just put on the running bra and shoes and going down to the treadmill to see how much I've gotten out of sync - a little is better than nothing.  Back later.

Ruth, feel better.  KeepingFaith69, I love that - walk with God.  Think I will adopt it.  Thanks.

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Feel better, Ruth!!!!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2012

Okay, didn't last long but a little walk/run is better than nothing.  Friend and I bought a special one-month gym membership which includes 3 x 1 hour personal training sessions for only $10.00 so going to sign up tomorrow and hope to put it to good use.  I do have a gym membership already (different gym) but 3  personal trainings was too good to pass up!

• jenny12000
    jenny12000 Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2012

Last Sunday, I did a 12.5 miles run. Today is supposed to be 13 miles run before small runs for two weeks until the race day (Jan 15). I couldn't run any further after 12.3 miles today. 68 degrees here...it's just too hot and it did take a toll on the body I guess. Oh, well. I have the confidence that I can finish my first half marathon race...at worst just walk that last mile. Good thing that I am not sored right now:)

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2012

Had company this weekend and busy with visiting.  After they left this morning DH started taking down the outside Christmas decorations while I tackled the inside.  Once all that was finish we then went out side and did yard work.  It was warm today so DH mowed the grass and i finished a hedging job that got started a month ago.  Getting ready to soak in the tub as I know that I will be sore.  PT is tomorrow.

• mpeaches
    mpeaches Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2012

15 minutes on the treadmill today.  You gotta start somewhere, right?

Achy (not from that!) purrs,

Jenn

• balsie
    edited January 2012

Ruth Feel Better my friend~  Yuch a bad stomach flu does not sound good!  I had PINK eye for the weekend YUCK!  Best wishes or us to get back on tack!

BE WELL

balsie 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2012
    I am off to the gym this morning to do a class.This year i am going to push myself a little more by doing more classes.Also decided to book Message treatments regularly as a treat from now on.Tongue out
  • JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited January 2012

Walked with Hubby yesterday.  Today a half hour on Wii fit and stretches.

Feel better Ruth and Happy Birthday Pattoo.

After talking with my hubby last night about what is enough exercise I went to the CDC's web sight and found some guidlines.

They say for substantial health benefits adults need to do at least  2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise each week and muscle strengthening 2 or more days a week.  

To get greater health benefits you need 5 hours a week of aerobic exercise. Plus the weight training.

They say moderate instensity exercise is a 3 mile an hour walk. 

I'm not sure my time on the Wii fit is intense enough.  But, I'll keep it up. 

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    edited January 2012

Oh My Goodness-- I went away for a few days and all the exercise!!! Can't keep up with the posts but kudos to all of us!!!!  YAY to new foobs,  NAY to stomach flu's....

I cannot believe how much I rode this past weekend-- 4 hours on friday and saturday and 2 hours on sunday!!!  plus, I managed to drive a 14,000 pound rig 3 hours!!!  And, I got a bonus-- my pooping which has been a problem seems to have drastically improved!!! I am hopeful....

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited January 2012

Had a brisk 30 minute walk with my dog and son - pretty much wiped me out.  Today is not a good day for energy, hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2012

Happy (belated) Birthday, Patoo! 

Ruth, hope you're feeling better today. 

Off work today but working hard at home. Just finished the kitchen, love that shiny chrome!

It's only 19 degrees and football at 4 pm so I think more housework is the exercise du jour.

(Go Badgers!!)

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2012

Tried to do some stretching this morning....... not happening. Bruise on the back of onethigh the size of a pancake and one abovethe right foob that looks like a football..... ah, the price we pay for our totally fake, however 15 year younger, foobs.

I am a little cranky, sorry ladies! Pain andI do not do well, exercise is my release, and my DH , well, DH isn't exactly meaning dear husband today. I'll let you make the assumptions as to what DH means to me right now.