Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited January 2012

Missy - I know how much you must be missing yoga (and everything else).  It's so hard for me to remember to honor my body and its limitations, when I feel like every moment is a fight for my life.

Back to "reality" this week - school and work (and work at school).  Was late for yoga on Tuesday and found myself facing a completely full class with no extra room, so I went home.  :-(  Wednesday I had to work late and after an hour drive home didn't want to do anything but crawl into bed.  Nice long yoga class tonight; gearing up for a run and swim tomorrow morning!

Going in to have my hair cut tomorrow - Preparatory Pixie Cut.  :-)  Will make showering at the gym soooo much easier! 

Peace and love (and an extra lap!) to you all!

Nancy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2012

30 mins walk/run on treadmill at gym then floor exercises and some resistance machines.  Feels good.  Just might be ready for 5K run next month (for me will be walk/run) but they only give you 50 mins to complete or they pick you up in a van and cart you to the end.

• mpeaches
    mpeaches Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2012

20 minutes on the treadmill tonight, the most I've done yet. 

You ladies are so inspirational.  Thank you!

Sweaty purrs,

Jenn

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited January 2012

Welcome Kelley!

We blew past our record high by 10 degrees and were 36 degrees above the average normal high. What a treat! I didn't leave school early (of course) but threw everything into a heap as soon as I get home and went out for 'The Most Fantastic January in North Dakota Walk Ever'. Was able to do my nature trail and watch the moon starting to come up on the way out, and a fabulous flamingo pink sunset on the way back. So awesome!

Came home, showered and went to a wrestling match. Tomorrow night is basketball. The fun of living in a small town. Smile

• cycle_babe
    cycle_babe Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2012

Hello ladies, I have been lurking here but have never commented. I am loving this forum and so glad to read up on all of your adventures. Keep up the great work outs!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2012

NatsFan

Thought of you when I wanted to end my run 5 min short.  Couldn't disappoint my long distance running buddy! :)  I did the 30 plus a 7 min cool down walk.

I stopped on the way home and picked up a pair of outdoor running tights.  And I wanted to try them out tonight--it was 48 degrees at 5:30pm, which is crazy warm for Chicago this time of year.  They are great--I was really hot!  Hot to the point of uncomfortable as I overlayered, wore gloves and a hat too.

I was thinking of OrangeMat too who said to dress expecting it to be 20 degrees warmer than it is--and will have to make better choices in running gear tomorrow.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

Welcome, Erin, glad you are joining us!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2012

~ hi all ~ 

I got two walks in today!!!!!  It was 49 degrees out today!  Plus the sun was shinning.  This is just great weather!  

BE WELL

Balsie 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

Balsie, we beat you. We were at 56. We will have to dig our shorts back out! Cool

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2012

Welcome Cycle good to have you join us.  I went to the gym but turned right around and came home, just don't feel well hopefully it's just one of those 24 hour things - sorry to bag on you girls 85 here today, mind you next summer we'll be moaning and complaining cause we have no water, come on rain, come on snow we need winter!!!!!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2012

good morning ladies and welcome Erin.  Walked another 2.5 miles last night but no moonrise / sunset for me, Ruth; I saw that when I was driving home from work.  Cheryl, hope you feel better soon!  I am not jealous of 85 degrees; that's WAY too hot for my taste.  Happy Friday!!

• nancyhb
    edited January 2012

Patoo - I was always afraid of that bus at the end of the 5k, but you'll beat it, I have no doubt!  Even if you walk slow, you should be able to finish in less than 50 minutes.  And, in case you are having a difficult day and the bus shows up behind you simply tell the driver, "I have cancer and I'm going to finish this."  Okay, so maybe that's not appropriate, but that's what I would say because I'm not always appropriate these days.

Corinne - I learned that hard way, too, to dress for 20 degrees warmer.  Went out all decked out one cold winter day and always died of heat exhaustion after the first mile.  It's a little tough being chilly at first, but it doesn't take long to warm up!

I am LOVING this winter, ladies - being able to be outside without ice, freezing rain, sleet, bitter wind or a foot of snow is making exercising SO much more pleasant!  And it helps my soul, too, not to feel like I'm stuck in a cave waiting desperately for warm weather.  Just remember - March is just around the corner, spring is on its way!

Off to the gym for a long run!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2012

Ruth - your Day Outside In January sounds great - you took full advantage of it!  Nancy - love the idea of swiping the cancer card to avoid the 5k bus!

Corinne - last night I was ready to take a walk break around the 22 minute mark, but I thought no, Corinne wouldn't do that, so I kept going, and even did a 5 minute extra cool down.  High fives for us!!

Besides the elliptical, I did 30 minutes weights/resistance this morning plus 15 minutes Lebeds.  No moonrise last night, but a magnficent sunrise this morning.  Can't wait for the days to get a bit longer so I can start running outside in the morning again. We're supposed to have a beautiful weekend, so we plan to get outside as much as possible.  

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited January 2012

NWArtLady  I wimp out with rain, we do have some dry days here.  But I'll think about going for it next time! 

There was some sunshine today, and even blue skies!   Does so much for my spirit.  Walked the dog for 45 minutes.  My dog isn't a runner, so I'd have to leave her behind once I start moving faster.  Did 20 minutes of jumpboard, and an hour pilates mat class.  Left out the upper body stuff, again.  :(   I'm wondering when pecs start to behave? 

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2012

Good morning, everyone!!!! We walked about 5 miles yesterday, not all at once, he,he!!!, but throughout the day. It is so great where we live, we can walk versus driving to the mall and grocery store. New Year's resolution is to drive less and walk more. My dad would love that, because he always told us he walked 5 miles to school in worn out shoes. God bless him. Today, the waves here are going to be at record heights. Can't wait to see them, walking there!!!!! Have a wonderful day!!! And again to you wonderful ladies that are exercising through chemo, you are all wonderful. I was a wus and lazy back then!!!! Kathy

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2012

Had a great yoga class last night.  After I got home and took a shower and tryied to lay in bed and watch TV.  With this next issue laying in bed and watching TV has not been good and I miss being able to do that.  so I just turned the lights out and went to sleep. This morning I finally got things lined up for my MRI of my neck it will be Monday afternoon.  My gut tells me it is something soft tissue or disk but my mind can't keep from going to the dark side and wondering if this horrible pain is cancer.  I guess that is something that we all do so trying not to think about it but that is hard when I am in so much pain. I'll try to keep busy over the weekend.  I also got my BMX schedule finally after all these months.  I am scheduled for March 20th.  Starting to seem real. If my neck will let me I want to really work out the next couple of months since I will have down time after BMX and not be able to work out. Going for a walk this afternoon.

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    edited January 2012

We  will keep positive Sherry that you are right and it is just soft tissue.  When I really want to know the truth, I go inside and ask myself-- and I have not found myself to lie....  Hope that works for you too.

Chemo yesterday. 45 minute fast walk this morning. Feels good to get out in the sunshine.  I live right across the road from a National Park-- literaly across the road. I can walk in the desert foothills right up into the trees and treeline-- not that I am able to do that now but someday when the chemo is over!   I just visualize that and it keeps me going with a smile.

• nancyhb
    edited January 2012

Ran 2.5 miles this morning, then instantly lost 3 pounds when I had all my hair cut off.  :-(  My stylist is a goddess who knew exactly what to do - not short enough to look shaved, but left something I could style and play with for the next couple of weeks.  It'll make wig-shopping much easier too, I'm sure.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2012

Nancy love the new hair style.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,847
    edited January 2012

Hey everybody! Beautiful weather today - highs in the 60's. Walked/ran at the park. It was so refreshing.

I really enjoy reading all the posts!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2012

Thanks Nancy, I'm determined to stay a tread ahead of the bus!  But I will be pushing DS (28 yo; 120 lbs) in a wheelchair so hopefully there's no hills (running through DisneyWorld/Epcot)..

Kindergarten, you forgot you dad also did that walk both ways, uphill in 102 degree heat!

Leg is bothering me, don't know why, so may only do some stretching tonight.  Have a session with a personal trainer tomorrow morning and they show no mercy. 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

Nancy, very cute picture!

Half hour pilates and off to the basketball games.

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2012

Another walk outside tonight...loving this weather.  Also will do a firming with weights tonight.  

Enjoy your night

Balsie

Ruth~ Do you think we could wear our shorts to work?   

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

Sure, the kids all do!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 2012

Just barely made it through a day of preschool today and climbed into bed at 5pm. Will do something for exercise tomorrow but for today my body is saying "enough"!

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Dear Sherry, Hope your MRI goes well!!!!! Thoughts and prayers are coming your way!!!! Kathy

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

You are so right, Patoo. Have a great evening, everyone!!!! Kathy

• nancyhb
    edited January 2012

Thanks, Sherryc and ruthbru - I cried so hard when she made the first cut (about 12 inches), but after a few minutes I realized, heck, I'm not going to have hair in a few weeks, so it didn't seem so bad.

Going to power yoga tomorrow morning; running again on Sunday.  Weather here in MI should be in the mid-40s most of next week so I'm hoping to get a run in outside, enjoying this "spring" weather.  Maybe a swim at the gym on Sunday, too - hope I remember how to swim!

Patoo - sending extra energy your way.  I have no doubt you'll beat the bus by a mile!  

• mpeaches
    mpeaches Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2012

15 minutes on the treadmill tonight was the most I could do.  But knowing I want to be able to post that I DID do something on here is what impels me to do it al all - so Thank you Ladies!

Jenn

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2012

another nice afternoon for a walk around the Capitol square.  'night ladies!