Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Ralsper
    Ralsper Member Posts: 131
    edited January 2012

My fitness center offers Zumba classes. Do you gals like it? I have never tried. Positive and negative comments are welcome....Any tips.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2012

hi all and welcome back Heidihill.  Did yoga this a.m. and got out and walked 4 miles this p.m.

Now it's time for some football - Go Pack Go!  Cool

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited January 2012
    Wow badger! I think you need to slow down! Wink
  • CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited January 2012

20 minutes of interval work, 15 minutes abs, 15 minute hike with dog....brrrr...it's finally cold!!!  Now...if we could get some white stuff!!!

Hope you all are well!!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited January 2012

45 minutes of toning & walked again as this is supposed to be our last nice day. Watching football and now have to FORCE myself to work on a report.....

• mpeaches
    mpeaches Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2012

Does it count that I worked a half/day in our Feathered Friends department?  I spent several hours kneeling then standing, kneeling then standing etc. as I cleaned cages.  (I work at Best Friends Animal Society - largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the country).

Achy legged purrs,

Jenn

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2012

Hi, there, everyone!!! Had a great weekend riding bikes and walking, but I also had alot of fun eating. Back to normal hopefully this week. Thank you all for being here so that it makes me feel compelled to keep exercising, despite my bad eating habits. I won't give up. I have got exercise routine down pat, now comes the diet. Have a wonderful night and week. Kathy

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2012

I have missed almost 20 pages...good grief! Not going to try and catch up but will assume you are all at the gym because it is cold out!! Walked/ran on the treadmill for 20, did some lunges and back stretches.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2012

Sandee so good to "see" you again, I have been wondering where you have been.

Today I did a Body Step class and it was a new release, I don't who thinks up all these new moves - tap to the side, tap up on the step, tap back to the side geesh trying just to "get it" is a work out in itself and I did Body Combat yesterday.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2012

Hi hbcheryl,

I think I have been living my life...went home for Christmas and was caught up in life there and not going on the internet...came home for a night and then went away on a business trip and then away for two more days ...and then back to school...I have been missing you folks though so thought I should pop in and say hullo! (nice to be missed!)

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2012
    Sandee glad to know that all is good with you Smile
  • ruthbru
    edited January 2012

Hi Sandee! Glad to 'see' you!

Badger, so sorry about the Pack! I don't dare call my sister tonight because they are both Bronco and Packer fans. Yikes!!

I am taking a 10 minute break and then back to my report. Too much paperwork with my job! Yell

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2012

~walked around the golf course with a good friend this afternoon~ I think we burned more calories from laughing then walking.

Ruth~ I hear you on the paperwork!

Happy Sunday Night all

Balsie 

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2012

Thanks for all the kind words :-)

Despite nausea still stalking me this morning I walked up the hill to the bus stop with my husband when he was off to work. Then I continued the long way home. Probably only about .8 of a mile but I was pretty happy with that considering the uncomfortable port and the nausea :-)

Port seems to be settling down again and I went to my PCP and got a better anti-nausea med so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Jenn

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2012

walked my 3 miles today with DH and the puppy.  She is so funny how she dances around when she knows we are getting ready to go. 

Welcome to the newbies and good going for those having chemo and still moving right along.

I am going tomorrow for my breast MRI.  This is a new breast surgeon so I don't know if he will call me with results or make me wait until I see him on the 25th, although I don't expect anything to be there since my last surgery was in November.  This is just a follow up to make sure they got everything.  If everything looks good then I'll get the green light to move forward with my BMX.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited January 2012

Ralston, rumba is great (zumba, that is, without auitocorrect)! Saw a friend yesterday at the gym and made a date to do rumba together. I lost 500 grams this week (Monday weigh-in). Will do my couch to 5k this morning, 20 minutes running/walking, then weights and stretches to finish off.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2012

I second Heidi, Ralston, Zumba is TONS of fun. You will enjoy it, it does not feel like exercise.

After a very lazy weekend in the frigid temps of New England, I did The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster with a high step this morning. Only 40 mins, but phew, I am whooped.

Yoga with adorable Rick tonight!

Hope all have a great day :)

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2012

Heidihill~ I did the couch to 5k last summer but then had to have another surgery so I had to only walk. but I plan on starting up with that this week.  

Enjoy your day everyone

Balsie 

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    edited January 2012

I am very proud to announce that I got my (previously little) butt back into the gym this morning!!!  

It felt good but I see that I have lost some ground.  I kinda noticed that riding was getting more diffiucult too.  I hope that I can keep this up-- I have 11 more treatments of chemo left....

(btw, it did feel very good) Q 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2012

hi everyone, I had today off work so started with A.M. Yoga (standing poses and twists) then also got in a nice long walk outdoors.  Too bad about the Packers, they played so well all year then bombed yesterday.  Oh well, it's just a game, right? 

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited January 2012

Today's exercise - an hour of classic mat repertoire with modified arms.  Pecs are starting to behave - so excited!!   

Ginger48  Hope you don't mind if I PM you on ooph info?  

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Hi, Everyone!!!! I got a 3 mile walk in, plus my 20 minutes of LE exercises. Good day and I think I have my binge eating under control today.   Yikes!!!!!Thanks to you all for keeping me inspired!!!! I feel guilty if  I read all your great posts and do nothing. I am determined to get this weight off for good. Have a great evening!!!! Kathy

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited January 2012
    YAY, Kindergarten!! I got my hour of stationary bike riding in today. Need to start doing some toning with barbells. That's my goal at least. Laughing
  • Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Thank you, Yorkiemom and good job on your bike riding!!!!!!

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2012

Better day today (day 5 after tx and port a little less uncomfortable).

Managed a 2.1 mile walk and felt good. Definitely not up at normal pace but at least I was out there. The look on my poor dogs face when I keep leaving him at home each morning is so sad though, but I just don't feel that I'm up to the lead tugging and picking up doggy poop yet.

Jenn

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

Hi, didn't have school today so tried to exercise ahead as I have 'things' a couple nights this week. 30 minutes of pilates, 30 of Cardio Dance Party and 45 on the treadmill. My feet were starting to feel pounded so dragged out a new pair of shoes (I always keep a new pair in the closet so when I need them, I have them) and it is amazing how much better my legs/back/everything felt wearing them. Also finally finished the report I was working on yesterday.

Back to work tomorrow & Wednesday I have another 6th month checkup, so I am starting to get the 'butterflies in the stomach' feeling about that. Should be fine....but still......

• mpeaches
    mpeaches Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2012

joyh - I had an ooph/hyster in December, if I can answer any questions feel free to PM me.

Purrs,

Jenn

• rachelvk
    rachelvk Member Posts: 564
    edited January 2012

So... first time on weight machines since surgery - leg abductor and hamstring. Six minutes on the bike-like machine for arms (no clue what it's called, but my PT introduced me to it and it's my best bet for upper body until I get rid of my TEs), and 20 minutes on the bike. Low level, but I'm getting there.

I've done zumba and love it - lots of latin dance steps (I love salsa dancing, so it's great for me) with arm movements. It can be pretty intense, but a fantastic workout. I'm hoping to start up this Thursdays.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 2012

Joy-pm me anytime!

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Dear Jenn, you are great, as I had said before  I was such a wus and lazy back in the day,I am sure you are inspiring others. Dear Ruth, you will be in my thoughts and prayers on Wed. for an excellent check up. Kathy