Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2012

Mikey is adorable. Felt a little better tonight so I did a live one hour podcast class from my mil's studio in Connecticut. 60 mins, got a great workout but need to up my cardio again here pretty quick.

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited January 2012

Mikey is a cutie Mary!  I have to get Picasa going.  Missswim, so glad you are OK and I know how dangerous the snow/ice can be!  Keep healing.  AnneW, I am doing a modified whole foods diet for the next 28 days-bascially trying to get way more vegetables into my diet.  I find I rely way too much on dairy-which I know is pretty good for my bones, but keeps me from eating other good things.  I am a bread/pastry freak.  I'm trying to get in the habit of eating better, basically.

Yesterday went for a 4 mile walk with my husband and dog in the rain, not too much rain, but enough to get wet.  This morning went to an hour spin class, then will be leaving for weight training here in a bit.

NancyHB, you crack me up...I like the name "my own damned triathlon" the best.  That is how I feel about what I am doing.  You have an excellent attitude, fun to read your posts. Badger, I am in that organization mode, but I get started on something and then go to something else...must...finish...one...project...at...a...time!  Jenn, sounds like you are working hard, the sports bras are so hard to find for us BC girls.  I swear, I wish I had the designing ability to make a good sports bra to accomdate ports, protect burned spots from rads, etc.  I got these things called "pams" for my sports bra after surgery and during rads to protect chest during exercise, but they were a poor solution.  

Sad about the Niners, but we gave it a great shot.  Hope all of you are having a great Monday!

Kim 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2012

Just poured here today, so no walk this morning1  Did get in 40 minutes Zumba tonight....... now off to the shower!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited January 2012

Nats Fan i hope I look all shiny and fit and proud like Mikey one day !

Nancy, your plan is wonderful.  I think you have a wonderful plan.

Half hour step on the Wii fit then stretches and some strength training from my exercise for BC survivors book.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2012

Hi all.  Was a slug this weekend but got to the gym after work tonight.

Did 5 min cycle warmup / 30 min walk/run on treadmill (run part got a little longer) /  30 mins upper body workout on machines and stretching on mat.

Tomorrow after work = massage YAY!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited January 2012
    30 minutes pilates & 30 Cardio Dance Party.....also a little Shovel and Sculpt.
  • LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited January 2012

30 minutes of a reved up pilates class -  an hour of decongestive therapy with PT and learning how to do MLD myself - interesting technique.  

I picked up Zumba 2 for Wii today - look forward to trying it out with my daughter.  I guess we'll take turns with the belt.   

Mary   What a cutie that Mikey is!  And looks like he loves the backpack!   Jealous of your snow. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2012

Wow you ladies have been moving and I have done absolutly no exercise.  Tomorrow that will change as I will walk my 3 miles.  Wed I will either do yoga or walk.  I have a new yoga video for BC survivors I want to try out.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited January 2012

Feeling under the weather. No exercise until the fever goes away. This is my chance to eat as much as I want, if only my taste buds would cooperate.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2012

good morning ladies, I was late to work yesterday because of snowy roads, so ate my salad at my desk to make up for the time and didn't walk at lunchtime.  But I got in 1.5 miles just walking around the office.  Love my pedometer.  Ate a very light supper of veggies and fish, so hopefully I took in fewer calories than I burned up yesterday.  Date night tonight so see y'all tomorrow!  ((hugs))

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2012

I posted on this thread 20 minutes ago, and can't find it now!!  So, this MAY be a duplicate (kinda) post as the one that should be above!

joyh1109 - Love the Zumba 2 for Wii.  The belt was too small for my daughter (tiny waist!) and kept slipping around on her.  She ended up tucking the controller into the front pocket of her jeans and that seemed to work ok.  Am planning on getting another belt online and putting a piece of velcro on the inside to help it stay on my daughter. 

Heading out shortly for my hour long walk and that will be all I get in for today as tonight I must Tune N Tone (choir practice)! 

Have a great day everyone!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2012
    Dragged my butt into the gym yesterday an noticed alot of new classes offered.Mostly dance based.Not good if you have 2 left feet like me.I finally talked my DD into joining my gym so on the weekends we can drag each other in.Tongue out
  • Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited January 2012

Good morning-

Had a good eating day yesterday.  Ran 4 miles with the dog this morning hoping to wear him out, and have yoga this afternoon.  I plan on staying busy!

Have a good Tuesday!

Kim 

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited January 2012

I am getting ready to head out the door to teach my Tues, morning zumba class.

I downloaded an awesome free app to my I phone, called my fitness pal. You put in your info, and calories, and exercise, and it keeps track of everything for you. I love it. I even have hubby using it on his kindle fire.

Have an awesome day everyone Laughing

• LilM
    LilM Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012

Hi everyone....I was very active before my diagnosis and I'm convinced that is the reason I was able to tolerate all treatments (surgery, chemo, radiation and now 5 yrs. tamoxifen) so well.  I continued to work out as much as my body would allow me through treatments and now, 2 years post diagnosis, continue to work out daily.  I powerwalk at least 3 miles, every other day, weight workout x 2 wk, do yoga and swim .  Some days it's a challenge to get my butt in gear, but all I have to do is think of the role exercise plays in my cancer prevention and that's enough to get me going.  Just after my treatments ended, I signed up to do the Shoppers' Drug Mart Weekend to End Women's cancers (in Canada).  It was a 2 day, 60 km. walk.  I slept on a gym floor the first night, and in a tent in sweltering heat the second night.  Very very worthwhile challenge which served to remind me just how very fortunate I am .  Exercise is key to my every day living.    KeepingFaith69....I love your "walk with God" .....I do that every day as well!  Balances not only my physical being, but my spirutual self.  Love that! Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diagnosis: Oct. 2009, 1.5 cm tumour, stage 1 ,Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER+ / PR+, HER2-

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2012

I dragged myself to the gym yesterday,too!! Once I get there I am fine! 40 minutes worth!!!!! Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!!

• kickitmom
    kickitmom Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2012

Loved to read what everyone is doing - how inspiring.  I am about 8 weeks out from exchange and have been slowly introducing more and more exercise back into my routine.  Today I did a yoga class (my third one since exchange).  My left arm, which had five lymph nodes, taken out of, tingled at one point.  Anyone else have that happen?  I lowered my arms at that point  Also did some walking today.  Yesterday was my first Body Desgin class - instructor did a great job of showing modifications for me for the chest muscles. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2012

You're all so inspiring! I've really let my exercise slip. I'll post here when I get back to it, hopefully this week!

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2012

Dear Lilm, this is such a great inspirational exercise thread!!!!you are so right ,exercise is key to our physical and spiritual well being!!! Have a great day!!!!!

• Banba
    Banba Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2012

I love that every time I come back there are so many pages of hours put in to keep ourselves healthy.

For myself, most days i  MTB between 8-30 k's and I am also lucky enough to have a small beautiful horse to ride, which I did today for about an hour. AND tomorrow I start my radiation treatment, wish me luck.

• Desny
    Desny Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2012

Hi Everyone,  I think I just fell in love with Mikey, so cute.  I have 2 - 14 year old dogs that eat and sleep.   Bless their hearts for being 98, they are in great shape. 

Monday walked a mile and stretched.  Today i took a Zumbia class.  Hope you all have a great night.

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited January 2012

Banba...good luck with radiation tomorrow!!

Ran for 30 minutes...

Hope you all are having a good  night!

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited January 2012

My radiation this week is in the morning, so no dog walking this week! Frown Next week it changes to later in the day, so I'll be able to get back to my morning walks. I may walk no matter the weather, but I do not like doing it in the dark!!  Too dangerous.

Anyway, I'm still recovering from snowshoeing to radiation last week... Smile

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited January 2012
    NWArtLady...you rock!!  I love the snowshoeing to rads...and with a big smile, no less.Smile
  • Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2012

90 minute yoga!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2012

90 minutes hot yoga with some tricky new poses thrown in. We did deep squats and pointed our arms, hands clasped, into what the instructor called "Charlie's Angels Mudra", we had to then lift to our tippy toes and back down in to deep squat- over, and over, and over...... my thighs will be screaming in the morning. Still nursing my bruised up butt and back from my attempt at Sculpt and Shovel that failed so miserably. Will try to get some zumba or walkfit in tomorrow.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2012

60 minutes massage. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2012

I did my 3 mile walk tonight. My dog started her dancing around and jumping on my as I was trying to tie my shoes.  She knows the drill and gets excited.  DH laughed so hard he decided to join us, but I don't get to walk as fast when he goes.  But hey at least he did it and is getting some exercise.

kickitmom I had tingling in my arm doing yoga after radiation.  Anytime I raised my hands for a pose over my head it would happen. Then when I lowered my hands it would feel like blood rushed down to my hands.  It finally went away.

• Denise2730
    Denise2730 Member Posts: 320
    edited January 2012

I started back to the gym last Thursday. So far I haven't missed a day. Do 30-45 minutes on the treadmill, some on an incline and then hit the weights. My endorphins must be working overtime cuz I feel really, really good.

What is zumba and do you have to be coordinated to do it?

Denise

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2012

Ack.  Been so long since I posted here.  Will have to backtrack to catch up, but ran 30 min on the treadmill today and will do it again tomorrow and Friday. Saturday will be a 5 mile.

Orangemat--barefoot?  In Jan?  In Jersey?!?